Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4204 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Sméagol »

Would people be interested in a 100% vanilla game?

I'm interested in modding a mini-theme game, but need to have modded a normal game as a requirement. Unfortunately, they don't really interest me. 100% vanilla would be the easiest to mod obviously.
If not, than suggestions for a mini-normal set-up are appreciated!
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
: none
/
running
/
coming up
: large normal (18p) / micro theme (9)
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4206 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Had to look it up, but that answers my question, thanks.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4208 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Yeah, I was looking at existing set-ups, but since normal games don't interest me that much, the fact that one non-normal role is allowed sparked my interest. That's why I've already posted in the set-up review thread, because I prefer to have something that stands out a little.

11-2 by the way, is that the normal ration? I'd go 10-3 by default, but then again, I'm used to no-vanilla games.

As for rules / role PMs.. I have my own conventions, and I like formatting too much, haha. So I'll adapt my usual write-ups to conform to MS norms, especially for a normal game.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4224 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 am

Post by Sméagol »

In post 4216, Vi wrote:Gollum - Normal doesn't have to be boring; that last setup with the Friendly Neighbors is borderline trolling.
[..]

But the main problem is that you take away the thing I derive the most pleasure from: set-up creation (and then after that: seeing it unfold during the actual game). Just picking something from a list, or take up someone else's suggestion, isn't fun to me.

Since this is the theme test thread, I'll drop the subject here, and I'll leave the set-up up to the reviewers, if/when I get any. Or maybe I should just enter the queue seeing as games in the queue are automatically reviewed?
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4226 (isolation #4) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Sméagol »

In post 4225, Vi wrote:What I'm getting at is less
what I think you should run
so much as
you can still have fun within the rules set
. That list took me like 120 seconds to dream up, most of which were spent navigating to the Normal page on the wiki.

Getting a Normal setup reviewed before you send it to the NRG is kind of redundant, but allowable. If your goal is just to get this over with, it's probably not necessary to wait on an outside reviewer.

Then I'll just try my luck. Tomorrow I'll write up a ruleset and the role PMs, and just join the queue. I'll try to think of alternative non-normal roles, worst-case scenario I'll use an even simpler set-up.

I will caution you that Redirector is definitely not Normal and a variant based on it won't be either. (Also, telling people what your unique role will be like in a closed setup is kind of etc. :? )

Ah, but you don't know the details. I'm actually not opposed to run it as an open game actually. The role is not super special or anything, but it's different, and I like different. I just prefer not to divulge the details to anyone but reviewers, before the game has started.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4240 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Sméagol »

I'm off to bed in a minute, and I'm not thinking straight anymore (it's so hot here), and this wasn't thought through to begin with I think.
And; I know Marathon is the place to experiment, but I'd like to know if this set-up is worth trying there or if there's inherently something wrong with it. I don't know.

I was thinking:

Zombie mafia:

[5] town vanillas
[2] town 0-shot vigilantes
[1] mafia vigilante enabler
[1] mafia vanilla

vigilantes can "buy" a shot from the vigilante enabler, they start out with 0. The vigilantes know there is an enabler, but don't know who. The enabler knows he's an enabler, but doesn't know who he enables. If the enabler dies, the vigilante can steal one last shot before turning vanilla.

The twist: both town and mafia must not only fight off each other, but also the oncoming zombie horde. Every player who dies (whether lynch or kill), returns, after skipping a phase, as a neutral zombie. Zombies have a factional kill like mafia, and therefore need to die.
Town needs to eliminate all threats.
Mafia needs to match or outnumber town,
and
elimate all zombie threats.
Zombies need to eat everyone.
Killing a zombie sends it back to the grave for good (can be lynched).
Both town and mafia need to co-ordinate their kills, some of the available kill options need to be used on zombies.
Dead players still waiting to rise from the grave don't count for win conditions.

Something wrong with this?

Anyway, off to bed.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4369 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Sounds like an Eternal Darkness mafia. Sounds cool.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4370 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Sméagol »

Would a Grand Idea Upick work? Ehh probably not. Better question; would people want to play it?

(I'm thinking you pick 2 roles: a mafia and a town role, I determine the alignment distribution, and your alignment determines your role)

I have my next games lined up though. So I'm not modding one right away.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4438 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Sméagol »

Any interest in:
Saved by the Bell
Barbapappa
1936 Berlin Summer Olympics
Kantai Collection
Australian Masterchef
Ethiopian Jazz musicians
Jayce & the wheeled Warriors
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
/
running
/
coming up
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4559 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 am

Post by Sméagol »

In post 4558, DrumBeats wrote:
In post 4557, Geralt of Rivia wrote:
In post 4556, DrumBeats wrote:
In post 4554, Varsoon wrote:https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... quirements

You have to have met certain requirements of time on-site and certain types of games moderated in order to moderate more complex games.
It's not that difficult, just a little time-consuming.
Does offsite experience count for large theme games if I can provide links and such?
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... quirements

It's listed under general:
All modding experience requirements can be satisfied on mafiascum.net. Offsite modding experience will be taken on a case-by-case basis subject to approval by mith, with a preference for sites that play in a similar way/timescale as MafiaScum. If approved, a body of offsite modding experience will be substituted for _one_ game's experience on MafiaScum, and must have taken place prior to your join date on MafiaScum.

You need to play one game on mafiascum and have been around mafiascum for three months before signing up to mod any game, regardless of prior experience.

Until they have successfully modded two completed games, moderators may run only one game at a time. Afterward, they may run two concurrently. Mods who desire to run three or more games simultaneously must apply to mith (see "Special Games" below).

As modding Newbie games is considered a public service, Newbie games are completely outside the system, both for the limit on games you can mod at a time and satisfying "experience" requirements.
Thanks!
I wouldn't hold your breath though. I never got a reaction when I tried to get my off-site experience to count. It may be easier to just get your experience here.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r