alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:15 am

Post by alban »

You are behaving like 1-3 month old infants. Which more than half of you are. Rise above it. Harkonnen and Eagersnake are the worst. Do you have absolutely nothing substantial to contribute? Stop making posts out of smileys and lols and one liners. Others too. Stop being pathetic.

Few points to think:
1. If I am a mafia, who could be my possible partners?
2. Are my purported partners likely to be on my wagon or not? How are they likely to behave?
3. If I am a citizen, why are some players so sure of me being a mafia? Only the mafia knows everyone's identity.
4. Most importantly, in a game where you need 7 to lynch me, 5 of you are currently voting against me. What's the likelihood that half of the players have formed an opinion against a player so quickly? What is the voted player likely to be in the case? Will the consensus happen so quickly if I were mafia?

My guess? At least one mafia is on the wagon.

Ask me relevant questions, and then decide to vote for me based on my answers. Not the other way round. In fact, everyone who has voted for me should
explain their reason to vote for me
. And if your reason is because I said 'RVS', it must be obvious to you that you are grasping at straws. You have a baseless read and zero reason behind that read. At best a circumstantial one. Which doesn't require my response but some introspection on your part about your gameplan.
The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:16 am

Post by The_Jester »

Official Vote Count 1.04

LynchingWith 12 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

:!:
alban
(L-3): Sgz13, Fire Assassin, Yuria, Harkonnen97
eagerSnake
(L-5): NJAC, Kop
FancyPants
(L-6): Gamma Emerald
Kop
(L-6): eagerSnake,
FireAssassin
(L-6): texcat
texcat
(L-6): FancyPants
Harkonnen97
(L-6): persephone325

Not Voting
(0):

Mod notes: VC updated for post #132

Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-26 10:00:00)
Last edited by The_Jester on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My reason is not just "you said RVS", there's more to it. You were the second voter; obviously it was RVS. So why the need to specify?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

BTW I checked, alban is not a newb.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:15 am

Post by alban »

In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:My reason is not just "you said RVS", there's more to it. You were the second voter; obviously it was RVS. So why the need to specify?
You say I am not a newbie. So then explain this: If saying 'RVS' makes me so obviously suspicious that 5 people will vote for me, why will I say that if I were a mafia, especially given my experience?!

If you interprete 'RVS' as being too careful about how I appear, I can make a counterargument that I didn't think twice before typing 'RVS'. And between the argument and the counterargument, you will have a hard time choosing, if you think rationally.

Players like you, who are obviously paranoid, should be more interested in finding citizens than hunting for mafia, coz there's a fear you may start finding everything suspicious and get fixated early on. If you start looking for citizens, you would realise that citizens say and do things which can't always be explained. And they* couldn't care less.

*Waiting for someone to vote for me coz I used 'they' for citizens, and not 'we' :D .
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:17 am

Post by FancyPants »

@Alban, not everyone plays the same way.
Also people did ask you questions, I'm pretty sure you've been asked two, one was from me.

Anyway I don't think Alban is scum, some genuine disgust there I reckon.

UNVOTE:

Texcat though.

VOTE: Vote : Texcat
Didn't want to get his hands dirty on the Alban wagon, but needed to look active.

Eager doesn't seem quite as Eager as last game.
Sgz sneaking under the radar.
Persephone very non-commital, could be scared newb-scum.

Scum are to be found in the above, mark my words.
persephone325
persephone325
Townie
persephone325
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:19 am

Post by persephone325 »

I still feel suspicion towards FancyPants and Hark for the reason I stated before. Just so I don't have a no-vote on my record, I'm gonna VOTE: Hark. And there's still time left in the voting, so I can change it later if need be.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:20 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 131, persephone325 wrote:I still feel suspicion towards FancyPants and Hark for the reason I stated before. Just so I don't have a no-vote on my record, I'm gonna VOTE: Hark. And there's still time left in the voting, so I can change it later if need be.
Pretty good timing that.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@Alban the fact you said RVS makes it look like you are afraid about your vote meaning something. The reason why being a newb matters is because I did the exact same thing as town in my first game.
<Embrace The Void>

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 am

Post by alban »

In post 130, FancyPants wrote:@Alban, not everyone plays the same way.
Also people did ask you questions, I'm pretty sure you've been asked two, one was from me.
Answered that already. Ask questions and then vote for me rather than the other way round.
Texcat though.

VOTE: Vote : texcat
Didn't want to get his hands dirty on the Alban wagon, but needed to look active.
I don't find any inconsistency in texcat's behaviour. She found you suspicious in , and justified it convincingly in . And then her shifting the vote to Fire Assassin in was convincing too. In fact, when I read it, I had the exact same reaction.
Eager doesn't seem quite as Eager as last game.
Sgz sneaking under the radar.
Persephone very non-commital, could be scared newb-scum.

Scum are to be found in the above, mark my words.
Surprising how you completely disregarded from questioning those players who voted for me: Harkonnen, Yuria, Fire Assassin. Are you saying that players on my wagon can't be mafia? Thoughts on them?
Yuria
Yuria
Goon
Yuria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Yuria »

In post 125, alban wrote:You are behaving like 1-3 month old infants. Which more than half of you are. Rise above it. Harkonnen and Eagersnake are the worst. Do you have absolutely nothing substantial to contribute? Stop making posts out of smileys and lols and one liners. Others too. Stop being pathetic.

Few points to think:
1. If I am a mafia, who could be my possible partners?
2. Are my purported partners likely to be on my wagon or not? How are they likely to behave?
3. If I am a citizen, why are some players so sure of me being a mafia? Only the mafia knows everyone's identity.
4. Most importantly, in a game where you need 7 to lynch me, 5 of you are currently voting against me. What's the likelihood that half of the players have formed an opinion against a player so quickly? What is the voted player likely to be in the case? Will the consensus happen so quickly if I were mafia?

My guess? At least one mafia is on the wagon.

Ask me relevant questions, and then decide to vote for me based on my answers. Not the other way round. In fact, everyone who has voted for me should
explain their reason to vote for me
. And if your reason is because I said 'RVS', it must be obvious to you that you are grasping at straws. You have a baseless read and zero reason behind that read. At best a circumstantial one. Which doesn't require my response but some introspection on your part about your gameplan.
In post 129, alban wrote:
In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:My reason is not just "you said RVS", there's more to it. You were the second voter; obviously it was RVS. So why the need to specify?
You say I am not a newbie. So then explain this: If saying 'RVS' makes me so obviously suspicious that 5 people will vote for me, why will I say that if I were a mafia, especially given my experience?!

If you interprete 'RVS' as being too careful about how I appear, I can make a counterargument that I didn't think twice before typing 'RVS'. And between the argument and the counterargument, you will have a hard time choosing, if you think rationally.

Players like you, who are obviously paranoid, should be more interested in finding citizens than hunting for mafia, coz there's a fear you may start finding everything suspicious and get fixated early on. If you start looking for citizens, you would realise that citizens say and do things which can't always be explained. And they* couldn't care less.

*Waiting for someone to vote for me coz I used 'they' for citizens, and not 'we' :D .
Well for one thing you're spending these posts discrediting your wagon instead of defending against it. All of those questions you ask aren't concerned with your own alignment; no one needs to pin your partners to vote you. Plus the very nebulous accusations you make throughout without the guts to start targeting someone is very deflective, Especially at gamma who isn't even voting you anymore.
I asked you a valid question: "Who is scum?". Because so far your contribution to solving this game has been slim, and the hypocrisy of you asking people to contribute more isn't sitting right with me.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:50 am

Post by alban »

In post 133, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Alban the fact you said RVS makes it look like you are afraid about your vote meaning something. The reason why being a newb matters is because I did the exact same thing as town in my first game.
Ok, the reason why I wrote RVS. Some players are very vehement that they don't believe in RVS. I wanted to highlight, over and above the initial vote, that I believe in RVS.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:50 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 134, alban wrote:[quote="In post 130,
Surprising how you completely disregarded from questioning those players who voted for me: Harkonnen, Yuria, Fire Assassin. Are you saying that players on my wagon can't be mafia? Thoughts on them?
I think you need to understand that you are the only one in this game who can be sure you are town.

Being on your therefore isn't inherently scummy, even if we are all wrong, being wrong isn't scummy.

Building a wagon on someone and building the day up from the pieces seems like a common opening to a game. Hark, Yuria, could be scum but I see both of them actually trying to game-solve (albeit in their own way), which can't be said of anyone I've mentioned.

Fire Cat is null for me.
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:12 am

Post by alban »

Well for one thing you're spending these posts discrediting your wagon instead of defending against it. All of those questions you ask aren't concerned with your own alignment; no one needs to pin your partners to vote you. Plus the very nebulous accusations you make throughout without the guts to start targeting someone is very deflective, Especially at gamma who isn't even voting you anymore.
I asked you a valid question: "Who is scum?". Because so far your contribution to solving this game has been slim, and the hypocrisy of you asking people to contribute more isn't sitting right with me.
You seem to be stung by my newbie comment. Clearly I wasn't nebulous enough.

If I don't feel defensive, why should I defend? You need to give valid arguments to support your vote on me for me to feel the need to defend myself. If you choose not to do your job well, that's a reflection on you, not on me.

"All of those questions you ask aren't concerned with your own alignment..." Think about it, and you will realise they are very much about my own alignment too.

"Who is scum" you ask. I don't know. Things will unravel with time. What's the hurry? Targeting someone without a valid justification - the way you and others have - I don't do that as a player, and I don't need to that in this game as a citizen. You may choose to go all righteous on me, but the way you and some others have begun this game is all pomp and little content. So, keep your vote on me as RVS, or keep your vote on me as a real vote but give justification for that.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

So little to talk about this game.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Advising quick lynch on Texcat to get game actually moving for a few reasons:
1) Light scum reading them.
2) They are voting me.

So, how about it?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 140, Fire Assassin wrote:Advising quick lynch on Texcat to get game actually moving for a few reasons:
2) They are voting me.

So, how about it?
That looks a bit shady, but I don't think it's malicious. However, I kinda think she is town.
<Embrace The Void>

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:18 am

Post by alban »

In post 137, FancyPants wrote:
In post 134, alban wrote:[quote="In post 130,
I think you need to understand that you are the only one in this game who can be sure you are town.

Being on your therefore isn't inherently scummy, even if we are all wrong, being wrong isn't scummy.

Building a wagon on someone and building the day up from the pieces seems like a common opening to a game. Hark, Yuria, could be scum but I see both of them actually trying to game-solve (albeit in their own way), which can't be said of anyone I've mentioned.

Fire Cat is null for me.
Fair point about Yuria. I don't see the trying at all on Hark's part, but it's for you to decide.

Fire Cat? You mean texcat or FireAssassin?
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 141, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 140, Fire Assassin wrote:Advising quick lynch on Texcat to get game actually moving for a few reasons:
2) They are voting me.

So, how about it?
That looks a bit shady, but I don't think it's malicious. However, I kinda think she is town.
I am shady or she is?
I am confused on your wording here.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You are shady.
<Embrace The Void>

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:21 am

Post by alban »

2) They are voting me.

So, how about it?
Why don't we bust you instead? You are replacement for someone who rfused to pick up their role. That's better than your point against texcat.
I have already voted for Campion, and now VOTE: FireAssassin.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

I have been pretty inactive in this game, mostly because it is going the speed of a snail.
Maybe you can understand that I want some progress.

Before those previous posts I hadn't posted in nearly two days, and we have gotten only 1 page since then.

I would prefer we have something to talk about and a flip would be a lot to talk about.
You can call me shady if she ends up as town if you like or now, but I don't think my advice is unwarranted based on game status.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 145, alban wrote:
2) They are voting me.

So, how about it?
Why don't we bust you instead? You are replacement for someone who rfused to pick up their role. That's better than your point against texcat.
What does not picking up role pm mean here?
By not picking up role pm, they explicitly didn't know their role....

How is this an argument?

alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:25 am

Post by alban »

In post 147, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 145, alban wrote:
2) They are voting me.

So, how about it?
What does not picking up role pm mean here?
By not picking up role pm, they explicitly didn't know their role....

How is this an argument?
That they were possibly mafia and didn't want to play the game as one.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 148, alban wrote:That they were possibly mafia and didn't want to play the game as one.
"Not picking up role pm" means they didn't even check their role pm card.
Do you not know that?

Return to “Completed Open Games”