Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 573, Jahudo wrote:Yeah I can play whenever. Medium difficulty is fairly easy as long as someone doesn't disconnect.
not if you get matchmade with someone who thinks ana is widowmaker :?
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Just got my 100th quick play/competitive win in an awesome game, got a quad tire kill right before the first checkpoint and held it until overtime myself until dying alone, then a triple tire kill before the second and died while the tire was going, then held the last turn with mines and a double tire kill in the last 15 seconds >:3

oh, and there was another Gamma in the game on the other team playing pharah I got a few times with mines (Died more to them than anyone else in the game though >.>)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

Was that match comp or quickplay? I am confused^

I love Junkrat but feel he has a lot of obvious weaknesses. He is best at long to medium range, his abilities fall off after that. Also every tank except Roadhog can counter him with their shield. Odds of enemy team having at least 1 tank that is not Roadhog, are pretty good. I've gotten 4 golds with him often but not as often won matches. He is great at dealing damage and getting kills but does not help his team nearly as much as most characters.

Blizzard speed up his ultimate since it could not combo with many given its slow start up. You had to pre-fire it big time to combo it with Zarya or Rein before. You don't have to do that as much now. Despite that buff, I still feel Junkrat is weak. Something I wish they would do is when you are controlling the tire, you see your health in the bottom left and the tire health in the bottom right. This way you know if someone is attacking you as you are controlling the tire. Being only able to see the tire health and having it in the left when it should be on the right (its a weapon after all and that's where ammo health should be) feels wrong. Currently you are only told when your character dies as you are controlling the tire. You can't really save yourself at that point.

Also Dva no longer hurts herself with her ult. Junkrat still hurts himself with his. Come on Bliz!
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Clumsy »

99.9594% on A Moment In Crime!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Halloween and ptr updates came out last week. Seeing Sombra come to PTR with some symetra changes would be nice. My overwatch wishlist is as follows

1. New Tank Character
2. Sombra
3. Symetra Retooling
4. Junkrat ult buff
5. Mei ult nerf (I have been standing
above
the robot. On a completly different floor above it and flying far above it as Pharah and still gotten frozen. WTF)
6. Rein ult nerf (I have been flying far
above
it as Pharah and still gotten shattered to the ground. WTF)
7. Roadhog hook nerf (If you can't see the person you are hooking, you shouldn't be able to hook them. Various youtube videos of people going through walls and even buses on numbani exist)

If the ability violates simple logic like I am off screen or flying above where the ult takes place, I should not get hit by it
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 579, PokerFace wrote:7. Roadhog hook nerf (If you can't see the person you are hooking, you shouldn't be able to hook them. Various youtube videos of people going through walls and even buses on numbani exist)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEMPE6YCOc8
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:51 am

Post by vonflare »

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF SOMBRA
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Clumsy »

In post 581, vonflare wrote:つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIFF SOMBRA
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 579, PokerFace wrote: 5. Mei ult nerf (I have been standing
above
the robot. On a completly different floor above it and flying far above it as Pharah and still gotten frozen. WTF)
This ult's also need to stop going through walls if that robot is on the other side of the wall, I can't see the robot, it shouldn't hit me
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Clumsy »

From my experience, walls do stop it. The height thing is a clarity problem I think. Reaper's ult goes fairly high too, and I think a clear border would help gameplay and curb frustration. I still don't know if Reaper ult is a sphere or a cylinder. Probably doesn't matter, but it's an example of lack of clarity.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

I have this game now that I got a computer that can run it.

feelsgoodman
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by PJ. »

Oh man, I'll play with you peg
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Clumsy wrote:From my experience, walls do stop it.
From my experience it does not. At least on eichenvalde it doesn't. I was on the other side of that door you break through while it was still unbroken. Freezing robot went off on outside of castle, I was frozen while still inside the castle. Genji that ran inside to fight me got a free kill.

Also I think their may be a bug with trancendce or mei's ult may just be buggy. I was playing some bots in player vs ai for the lulz while I was mei. I used my blizzard at the exact moment the bot zenyatta used trancesendence. Either the blizzard outlasted the trancendence or I was somehow was able to freeze the entire enemy team including the zenyatta because of a bug.

amomentincrime.com countdown ends with another hint. Saw that coming. Sombra will come out during Blizz Con. It is very close to Dia De Los Muertos

I will play with you as well peg feel free to add me see first post or I will add you.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:58 am

Post by vonflare »

Got the 'not a scratch' achievement! wooo
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 585, pickemgenius wrote:feelsgoodman
what numbers are after your name? Can't find you via search without them
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by vonflare »

sombra arg roadblock has been cracked, the hunt continues!
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by vonflare »

I need to find a group to do the hard mode junkenstien, its like 90% of the people in hard don't even know the mccree/ana trick.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by PJ. »

McGee/Ana trick?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:32 am

Post by vonflare »

ana nano boosts mccree and mccree charges his ult almost all the way to 1-shot the bosses.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:27 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am yet to beat it on medium. 76 is always picked before I get chance to pick him. McCree and 76 always get picked first. As I don't like Hanzo's need to charge shots while a horde is coming I have been stuck with Ana every time I played. Beating easy was easy. Finding people good enough to beat medium at a random time is hard. Feels like you def need a party with sense. Everyone playing for themselves and not as a team is ruining this horde mode for me too.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:32 am

Post by vonflare »

I can consistently beat medium, the secret is making sure your Ana and McCree are organized and ready to sync ults. I even beat medium 'perfect' no door damage taken. I have yet to beat hard tho, hard is actually really hard. one mistake and you've lost. (for example if you mistime high noon and reaper shadowforms to avoid it, or you miss the sleep dart on the boss, you lose).

the strat is to sleep the boss as soon as they spawn, and no one wake them up. nano boost mccree who uses high noon to one shot every boss except roadhog.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

I know that's the strat, I have mentioned this in my other posts. When the random McCree on your team chooses to use high noon the moment he gets it and not save it for bosses, you lose. That has happened for me on each attempt at medium and said McCree has been a different random guy each time
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:58 am

Post by vonflare »

yep. try getting a friend to go mcree/ana while you go the other one. on medium, those are the only 2 that really matter, the other 2 guys can just kill zomnics and you'll be fine.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Jahudo (Ana), Vonflare (McCree), Some Random Guy (Hanzo), and myself (76) were able to beat medium. Was a lot of fun
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Gratz! I've managed to get all the achievements for it (Beat it with all 4, beat normal, beat hard, beat normal no damage to door). I've tried running through no damage medium with friends, 0% success after the first. With hard, it's gotta be near perfect execution. If your McCree gets hooked during his ult by the hog, that's game over. Miss ult on Reaper? Game over. It's tough, which is a good thing for the hardest difficulty.

Return to “The Arcade”