CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 273, Sotty7 wrote:
In post 269, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 263, Hoopla wrote:
In post 188, CloudKicker wrote:LOL woops btw i just townsliped that i cannot be mafia with i am innocent or i am a pro at forum mafia in my first game
Usually when you point out things like this yourself they're less likely to be true than if someone else noticed it themself. Kinda like when people use the argument "I would never do X as scum", when that person has been doing X all game.
I come from a site where its very very hard to townslip on purpose and this was genuine. Its not alignement indicative to point said slip, you can then judge for yourself if you believe it is one or not :D Mostly scum will disagree, ppl who will 100% buy it are scum pocketing you and the rest is yolo. Seriously most of the users on EM are disgustingly incompetent at mafia so i point out the slips. But i agree with the wifom.. i would never wifom like that as scum :shifty:
Also, its just a non-team slip and its an obvious one
Someone points out why self meta is bad, you quote them and continue to self meta.

The flirting stuff is gross too :?

EBWOP: This is all because you can't read her Cloud? The vote suggests you are leaning more scum than anything else. When you say you want a read from her- you want her to read you or the game in general?

MariaR - Have you seen this from Cloud before?
LOL she seen it all ;)

And seriously, self-meta isnt bad since its free information that someone can call me out on eventually, sincerely i think its towny if anything. And i can read sonia, pretty well too but like i said this is my first forum mafia so i am not confident. I just want her to interact with me and outs some reads. And i want them directed to me, i prefer to read someone whos talking to me than to someone else. And flirting isnt gross and yes i do that all the time :rose:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Hmmm, I feel like I have a lot of town reads and not many scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sotty7

I've felt vaguely suspicious of her for a while for reasons I can't put my finger on yet. I also feel like she's been preemptively buddying me and has ruled out the possibility of trying to read me/interact with me today.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:I haven't hated his responses to GM.
I have; he's been deliberately attempting to infuriate me, I think.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I've got a fair few townreads cracked. Victor, GM, Rask, TwoFace, and Cloud.

Mostly waiting for content from the lurkpool. In the meantime, if anyone wants to discuss any of those reads with me, I can probably go into that.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 271, Sotty7 wrote:His stuff on Twoface is mostly good
:?:
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 278, BlackVoid wrote:I've got a fair few townreads cracked. Victor, GM, Rask, TwoFace, and Cloud.

Mostly waiting for content from the lurkpool. In the meantime, if anyone wants to discuss any of those reads with me, I can probably go into that.
I agree-ish with most of those reads, but how are you town reading Victor? Is it along the lines of scum usually aren't brazen enough to be deliberately obtuse?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

It's more that he sincerely believes he's in the right. I don't see what he has to gain as scum by manufacturing an accusation on you out of thin air, and then insisting that he's absolutely right to the point where he thinks two-face is scum for misrepresenting him. The BBT vote at the time was a plus too.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 281, BlackVoid wrote:and then insisting that he's absolutely right to the point where he thinks two-face is scum for misrepresenting him
What game are you reading? Because I can't find any of this in victor's iso
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by TwoFace »

And for the record it's easy for scum to act like they believe what they are saying. I mean scum are sort of required to act like they believe their accusations so they don't get caught.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

He didn't explicitly say that. I'm talking about how he was insisting that your doesn't make sense and how he was incredulous that your interpretation was different than his.

Scum have to act like they believe what they are saying. My point is that it doesn't look like an act to me.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by MariaR »

Scum want to be consistant and always try to give more reason behind a read it's more likely for town to be lazy or not be able to back up a read then scum that's just a proven fact
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 284, BlackVoid wrote:He didn't explicitly say that. I'm talking about how he was insisting that your doesn't make sense and how he was incredulous that your interpretation was different than his.

Scum have to act like they believe what they are saying. My point is that it doesn't look like an act to me.
See I know what you're saying but can you tell me what you think an act of this would be or can you show me some parts that make it look real cause I'm having a hard time following you
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 284, BlackVoid wrote:He didn't explicitly say that. I'm talking about how he was insisting that your doesn't make sense and how he was incredulous that your interpretation was different than his.

Yeah the fact you read that interaction and get good vibes from victor is mind blowing. he's acting like we did t just have a conversation about that vey thing. See post 242 for the recap.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by TwoFace »

In post 238, VictorDeAngelo wrote:No, I mean your 201 doesn't make sense. Did you not understand my post or do you need to rewrite it or something.
Plus this post implies he doesn't think I misinterpreted him, he thinks I didn't answer his question in a manner that made sense and looking at the question again maybe I didn't.

The answer to that original question (which is basically what I was already saying) is I think you singled hoopla out for the reason you gave in post 192.

I'm not even sure why he asked the question
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 285, MariaR wrote:Scum want to be consistant and always try to give more reason behind a read it's more likely for town to be lazy or not be able to back up a read then scum that's just a proven fact
actually scum usually have a harder time backing up reads because they have to make them up but o k t h e n

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 289, goodmorning wrote:
In post 285, MariaR wrote:Scum want to be consistant and always try to give more reason behind a read it's more likely for town to be lazy or not be able to back up a read then scum that's just a proven fact
actually scum usually have a harder time backing up reads because they have to make them up but o k t h e n
That's not the point I'm trying to make I'm saying scum are more likely to try and back up the read.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:03 pm

Post by goodmorning »

you said lazy OR UNABLE.

i don't disagree with the lazy part necessarily but it's more playstyle than anything actually AI but that's kinda long to explain so i was gonna stick to short and pithy.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 291, goodmorning wrote:you said lazy OR UNABLE.

i don't disagree with the lazy part necessarily but it's more playstyle than anything actually AI but that's kinda long to explain so i was gonna stick to short and pithy.
what I mean by unable is from what I've got a lot more town are willing to say
"It's a gut SR or I won't tell you"
Then scum.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 251, goodmorning wrote:
In post 228, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 224, goodmorning wrote:Because Victor's being much worse. Toffee is at least trying to do
something
Victors pushing things though? Saying he did less than BBT in this game is kind of a stretch.

The part I do agree with is I want him to explain his reads.
saying 'this guy is a good vote' is not pushing anything;saying 'come bandwagon this guy,' while both useless and dull, is.

Also, Victor has yet to explain shit. Toffee at least has said he wants to bandwagon people for pressure and
spent some time on his Raskolnikov townread.
Sure it is. First I was actually voting BBT, so while I didn't literally come out and say come bandwagon this guy I was putting pressure on him (and I wasn't the only vote on him at the time). Similarly saying I willing to vote another player is clearly an indication of my read, and gives other players a chance to see if they want to either question why I'll vote them, convince me to shift my vote, etc, etc. Saying let's have a bandwagon is simply saying let's pile votes without worrying about it. Given how early it was it doesn't even look like BBT is looking for anything particularly scummy from said player, but simply wants to get some wagons going to look like he's doing something without actually doing anything.

Where did the underlined happen?
In post 238, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 224, goodmorning wrote:
In post 192, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Hoopla is fussing over semantics rather than asking why I would vote either player. That's not a townie move.
No, she isn't. Hoopla is saying, "you've said you scumread a couple people but haven't actually explained why and that's absolute shit."
But she didn't say that. She said I wasn't sharing reads. Not sharing reads isn't the same as not explaining them. If she had actually said something like what you quoted I wouldn't be scum reading her.
She said you weren't sharing reads "
punctuated with something other than variations of "...is a good vote".
"

WHAT ELSE IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?????
Again, the statement was;
In post 170, Hoopla wrote:As an aside, I don't understand the purpose of Victor and Maria declining to share reads.
However much you kick and scream, that's complaining I didn't share reads, not that I didn't explain them.
Which is the equivalent of insisting you explain yourself.
Then why didn't she just ask like Maria did?
I don't know, but given that she shouldn't have HAD to ask in the first place, I don't really care.
That's not an excuse. If your town you can't expect players to hand you their alignment on a plate. If she was town, I'd expect to be trying to get more information out of me. She didn't. She attacked and left, even after I gave her an opportunity to engage with me in . That's not townie.
In post 241, Raskolnikov wrote:Was about to vote victor actually but his response makes me think town, and goodmorning's push on him has been weird.
Go look at his entrance again. He comes in near the end of page two, throws a completely random vote, doesn't engage with the game in any way. Try and tell me that's in any way Town.

I think that probably answers your later question.
It answers one question I have.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Goodmorning
In post 261, Hoopla wrote:
Even when Maria asked for you to "share your reads with the class" you declined to share, so lets not pretend that you haven't had an opportunity to explain any reads.
You've been prompted several times by different players in different ways and you haven't volunteered any explanations beyond the superficial. Giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you're not just being facetious, I will politely ask you for some further explanation in a direct and easy to understand way. Hopefully my request for explanation has been presented in the correct format for you to reply:

1) Why did you think BlueBloodedToffee was a good vote?
2) Who are your two strong town reads? Why are they strong town reads?
3) Why did you originally think Maria might be a good vote, and why do you think she is town now?
4) Why are you suspicious of me?
- Nope, that question was relating to outing the two townreads I'm refusing to go into at this time not the scumreads.

1) Actually I have explained this at this point. You need to keep up.
2) I already said I'm not sharing these reads yet, for reasons I'm not going to explain either.
3) Similarly to BBT, I felt she townread rask too quickly. However I think she's town now because even after myself and her have taken heat for lack of explanation she is continuing to play that way rather than trying to adapt for towncred.
4) Again, this has been discussed in the thread. You went for attack over questioning. I'd expect a post like to be the sort of thing you've have done naturally if you were town.
In post 269, CloudKicker wrote: I come from a site where its very very hard to townslip on purpose and this was genuine. Its not alignement indicative to point said slip, you can then judge for yourself if you believe it is one or not :D Mostly scum will disagree, ppl who will 100% buy it are scum pocketing you and the rest is yolo. Seriously most of the users on EM are disgustingly incompetent at mafia so i point out the slips. But i agree with the wifom.. i would never wifom like that as scum :shifty:
Also, its just a non-team slip and its an obvious one
I'm not going to comment on how difficult it is to townslip on purpose on a different site because it's not relevant here. However, you can't simply argue it's not alignment indicative because your taking heat. Scum have more motivation to point to "townslips" than town. Town have less motivation to look town, and absolutely no reason to try and convince people they are not scum with a player (since they are not scum with anyone).
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 293, VictorDeAngelo wrote:4) Again, this has been discussed in the thread. You went for attack over questioning. I'd expect a post like 261 to be the sort of thing you've have done naturally if you were town.
I didn't realise you were this obtuse and required such explicit, direct questioning in order to pry information from. I thought it was clear I was asking for elaboration; Twoface thought it was clear, so did goodmorning. I'm going to leave it at that though, because this is a dead end semantics argument.

Although I still don't know the purpose of saying you have two strong town reads and then not sharing who they are, let alone reasons why. Why bother mentioning them at all?
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 294, Hoopla wrote:
In post 293, VictorDeAngelo wrote:4) Again, this has been discussed in the thread. You went for attack over questioning. I'd expect a post like 261 to be the sort of thing you've have done naturally if you were town.
I didn't realise you were this obtuse and required such explicit, direct questioning in order to pry information from.
Nice attempt to deflect but your doing it again. You're equating not sharing everything with not sharing anything.

And yes, this may be a novel concept, but asking direct questioning is one such way of getting information. It's not the only way, but it's not like you're trying anything else.

Which is why I'm questioning your towniness.
Although I still don't know the purpose of saying you have two strong town reads and then not sharing who they are, let alone reasons why. Why bother mentioning them at all?
You'll have to wait and see.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 295, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Nice attempt to deflect but your doing it again. You're equating not sharing everything with not sharing anything.
Why did you bother asking me what I thought of your reads, when the extent of your reads were
"X might be a good vote"
? Surely you must have known there was nothing there for me to comment on.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 296, Hoopla wrote:
In post 295, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Nice attempt to deflect but your doing it again. You're equating not sharing everything with not sharing anything.
Why did you bother asking me what I thought of your reads, when the extent of your reads were
"X might be a good vote"
? Surely you must have known there was nothing there for me to comment on.
To attempt to engage you. There were any number of useful things you could have said:

"I think BBT is town and don't agree."
"I think Maria is a good vote as well"
"Why is BBT a good vote?"
"How scummy do you think BBT is?"
"Why did choose BBT over Maria?"

As just a few examples. It's not that you couldn't comment but you didn't.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 292, MariaR wrote:
In post 291, goodmorning wrote:you said lazy OR UNABLE.

what I mean by unable is from what I've got a lot more town are willing to say
"It's a gut SR or I won't tell you"
Then scum.
eh, unwilling =/= unable but w/e
In post 293, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 251, goodmorning wrote:
Sure it is. First I was actually voting BBT, so while I didn't literally come out and say come bandwagon this guy I was putting pressure on him (and I wasn't the only vote on him at the time). Similarly saying I willing to vote another player is clearly an indication of my read, and gives other players a chance to see if they want to either question why I'll vote them, convince me to shift my vote, etc, etc. Saying let's have a bandwagon is simply saying let's pile votes without worrying about it. Given how early it was it doesn't even look like BBT is looking for anything particularly scummy from said player, but simply wants to get some wagons going to look like he's doing something without actually doing anything.

Where did the underlined happen?
1. actions =/= words. it's a proactive vs reactive thing. also i really don't want to get caught up defending toffee because he's also been awful thus far but less awful than you, much like cancer is less awful to us somehow when it happens to adults rather than children.
2. context of 97 makes it pretty clear imo.
In post 224, goodmorning wrote:
In post 192, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Hoopla is fussing over semantics rather than asking why I would vote either player. That's not a townie move.
No, she isn't. Hoopla is saying, "you've said you scumread a couple people but haven't actually explained why and that's absolute shit."
But she didn't say that. She said I wasn't sharing reads. Not sharing reads isn't the same as not explaining them. If she had actually said something like what you quoted I wouldn't be scum reading her.
She said you weren't sharing reads "
punctuated with something other than variations of "...is a good vote".
"

WHAT ELSE IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?????
Again, the statement was;
In post 170, Hoopla wrote:As an aside, I don't understand the purpose of Victor and Maria declining to share reads.
However much you kick and scream, that's complaining I didn't share reads, not that I didn't explain them.
i
quoted hoopla's actual post
. .

KNOW THE FACTS

I don't know, but given that she shouldn't have HAD to ask in the first place, I don't really care.
That's not an excuse. If your town you can't expect players to hand you their alignment on a plate. If she was town, I'd expect to be trying to get more information out of me. She didn't. She attacked and left, even after I gave her an opportunity to engage with me in . That's not townie.
if YOU'RE town you shouldn't be deliberately trying to make it harder for everyone else. bad play, very antitown.
In post 294, Hoopla wrote:Although I still don't know the purpose of saying you have two strong town reads and then not sharing who they are, let alone reasons why. Why bother mentioning them at all?
so he can draw attention to himself and pretend later that's good evidence against him beinng scum???

p-edit: OR YOU COULD JUST FUCKING EXPLAIN YOURSELF IN THE FIRST PLACE INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE A SHIT FFS

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor