2015-2016 Financial Summary

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

2015-2016 Financial Summary

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:08 am

Post by mith »

2016 Update

Code: Select all

2014 Net: -$ 589.58

2015-01-01 to 2015-07-31 Financial Summary

Donations:  $ 760.00
   Paypal Fees: -$  29.34
   Domain Name: -$  24.62
   Server Cost: -$ 693.00

2015YTD Net:  $  13.04

Card Order Summary

Pre-Orders:  $1425.00
   Paypal Fees: -$  58.35
     Remaining:  $ 359.60 (Est.)
   Print Order: -$ 931.00 (Est.)
      Shipping: -$ 473.11 (Est.)

Cards Net:  $ 322.11 (Est.)

2015-08-01 to 2015-12-31 Expected Costs
   Server Cost: -$ 495.00

I was intending to post a summary at the end of June, but ended up waiting until the card order was a bit more eminent. Overall, we're not in bad shape; the donations the first two months of the year have covered server costs, while we began taking card orders in March and are close to the break-even point there.

We do of course have server costs for the remainder of the year (and beyond), and I am having to keep an especially close eye on my financial situation at the moment due to two factors:

1. My wife and I closed on a house a couple weeks ago.
2. We are expecting a new addition to the family in January.

So, if you are able to donate, that would be much appreciated! We are also still taking orders for cards, and will be finalizing the print run early next week (the above numbers are based on a 100 deck order, and we are sitting at 74 pre-orders right now). If you want to be sure of getting a deck (or two, or ten) for yourself or friends, order this weekend!

Donate Here
Order Cards Here

Cheers,
mith
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by mith »

I haven't done one of these in a while, in part because the cards have taken so long to get going. Since they are finally starting to ship, here's what the 2016 YTD looks like:

Code: Select all

2016-01-01 to 2016-10-24 Financial Summary

Donations:  $ 430.00
   Paypal Fees: -$  13.67
   Domain Name: -$  25.02
   Server Cost: -$ 990.00

2016YTD Net: -$ 521.31

2016-10-25 to 2016-12-31 Expected Costs

Server Cost: -$ 198.00

(Second half of 2015 was comparable - donations covering about half of our server cost.)

I expect to cover some (but not all) of that with card sales; the estimate for printing was very close (about $940, including shipping and the sample order), the estimate for shipping from here may be a bit low but that should be offset with the additional decks I ordered.

If you missed out on the cards (or were waiting until they were actually printed and shipping, and who can blame you?), I ordered about 25 extra decks and will be reopening the order form for that sometime this week (so keep an eye on the card thread in Mafia Discussion). Otherwise, you can donate by clicking the link, if you are so inclined:

Donate Here

(We are also going to be looking into reducing the server cost in the nearish future; Kison has already discussed some options with me.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:49 am

Post by mith »

In post 13, Drixx wrote:Mith: would it be financially helpful if I wanted to place a really large order of decks? Now that a printer is found and they should have the necessary setup to do print runs, I would be interested in a large order, assuming it nets a higher margin for the site. If not, just drop me a PM and let me know it's not feasible. In case it factors into whether or not this is a feasible thing, the reason I'd like to place a large order is connections to the local gaming shops who have already said they would love this sort of product to demo and sell.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what the legal ramifications of selling these in a retail location would be. These were designed to be purchased by users of the site, for the specific financial purpose of supporting site costs. I would at least need to get the approval of everyone involved (which would be particularly difficult since diginova is MIA).

(However, I have already discussed with my friend who helped me get these over the finish line about the possibility of doing a redesign with a more commercial mindset. If anyone might be interested in helping with that sort of effort, shoot me a PM, no promises that it will happen any time soon or at all.)
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:30 am

Post by mith »

The current deck is being printed by Drive Thru Cards. It's certainly possible that a future version could go through Game Crafter.

Return to “News”