Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4141 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4139, Aeronaut wrote:Currently working on a game called Emporers, Kings, and Dictators mafia in which every player is a famous past or present world leader (eg. Hitler, Kennedy, Napoleon, Stalin, Caesar, Montezuma, etc.) who all just fight to the death in their respective factions

Like imagine Lincoln vs Churchill fisticuffs

Make it Civ V themed and you've got a deal.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4145 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Elbirn »

Okay so I'm sure someone's done this already, considering it's so obvious and this forums been around for like 20 years. But how about a Mini-Theme based on the game "Clue"?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4156 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4151, Varsoon wrote:While the ideas for my Zodiac Brave game and HoMM3 Upick are on the backburner, I've been recently inspired to run a Stephen Universe theme game.
With the amount of characters, I could run a large theme. I've got a lot of really neat ideas for it, but I'd like to know if people would be interested in that flavor.

Jesus Christ yes

I'm overbooked for games at the moment, but if you ran this in the future and I were available I'd demand a spot.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4254 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

^ you people need to stop doing things that I want to do before I'm able to do them

Just

Just nobody mod anything until I get my life back together, my computer set up, and like 5 games of mod experience under my belt before I can do anything cool

I think like 3 years is a good estimate

No more games for 3 more years okay guys?

(In all seriousness that sounds great and I hope you do what I think you're going to do with it, and yeah in case it wasn't obvious I would in for this)
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4269 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4266, Edosurist wrote:Who's into Pulp Fiction?

Has it been done before? I can't find a record of it, which is honestly surprising to me.

I'm feeling it, but uhm... I'm now in this weird position where I can think of another Tarantino film that would be even better for a mafia theme, but I don't know if I want to tell the world my idea and oh fuck it I'll never do it

Micro game based on reservoir dogs, every role is one of the guys, you're looking for the rat in the group. Gg best mafia game of the year give me a shout out in the credits or something
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4272 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Oh, has anyone done a game based on "The Thing"?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4326 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4325, Varsoon wrote:Given the news of the show coming back in 2016, would people be interested in playing a Samurai Jack themed game?

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothings happening
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4350 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4337, Maestro wrote:EBWODP: Vars, did you mean this game by Antihero? It looks like the setup was interesting; I'm going to get in touch with him.

That game was actually done by kiwi eagle, who abandoned it and antihero, who if I recall correctly, was a player in said game, took over as mod to see the game run to completion. Kiwi eagle had no backup mod or Co mod, and had given no one any mod notes of any kind, and antihero basically had to wing it. I think we had to forward our role pm's to him and go from there. That almost didn't happen cuz a few players were so inactive that they almost didn't send their roles to him, and without a complete setup in front of him the game would have had to have been cancelled.

Even aside from kiwi abandoning the game, his design was lackluster and unbalanced, and I believe he screwed up action resolutions at least once before he peaced out.

The whole thing was a bloody fucking disaster and the worst game I've ever been in, and if should be swept under the rug and forgotten. In other words, as far as I'm concerned no one has ever done a rick and morty game and you and varsoon should totally get to work.

Tldr anti hero is actually a real-hero, always have a backup mod, you two co-mod this game to make up for the failures of the past

In post 4340, Venmar wrote:
I'd like to run a large theme Civilization 5 UPick, but as of right now I am rusty in the modding and setup department, so i'm looking for someone with experience running UPicks to help me either design the game or co-mod it with me!
- I think I found a helper, thank you!

I would ignore all of my own threats of quitting mafia to play this, please accept my pre-pre-in. Also dibs on Japan. Or maybe Iroquois. Idk I'll get back to you.

Also also please utilize the world congress in some way, thanks.

In post 4347, Rob14 wrote:I've started work on a large theme based on musical theatre. The response from those I've talked to has been strong, but how interested would the general population of the site be?

The flavor would be character driven. Basically, it'd be a mash-up of some of the best characters ever conceived for musical theatre.

Can I be Pippin?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4405 (isolation #8) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4402, LicketyQuickety wrote:Would anyone be interested in a Mastodon (the band) themed game? What thinking scum would be the band members and Town would be characters from their albums.
LQ what the fuck I'm trying to retire

.....Actually I still wanna retire from playing but uhm co-mod?

Edit: I take this back, I'm assuming Co mods need mod experience which I don't have and plus I wouldn't know what to do so yeah

But uh fuck man
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4434 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4433, persephone325 wrote: Murder at a Masquerade Party
Witch Hunt
1920s Mafia
But I wanna do all of these things
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4442 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4440, SirCakez wrote:24 Mafia

24 player Large Theme
Events that occur at various "hours" of the game and roles that change depending when in the game it is

Y/N
Hrm.

Is there a thematic justification for why the roles change?

Will players know what their roles will be at whatever hour in advance?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4449 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4448, Psyche wrote:
Mafia, but, like, irl

Unironically
Elaborate?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4514 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

I never read this thread, time to praise 3 months worth of ideas
In post 4494, eagerSnake wrote:What about a theme game where the thread is always unlocked and anyone can post in the thread including dead players and people who are not in the game, with no dead thread or spectator thread and no spoilers
This could be an excellent idea if properly executed. I've always felt that a town population is a whole hell of a lot more than 13 people, so the thematic of "we are the town folk grr let's get them" of an original flavored mafia game is just weirddd. Have a whole slew of people participating, coming and going as they please, with only a standard games size of "real" players; these ones might be townsfolk who have reason to be suspected by the populace at large, or be important figures in town. If you can find a way to keep out shitposters and bad people it'd be 10/10
In post 4499, keyenpeydee wrote:Are people interested in a Greek Myth large theme mafia with special mechanics and stuffs?
You later withdrew this, but this is a great idea.
In post 4505, Belisarius wrote:I think I missed at least one Suikoden-themed game during my absence. Anyone willing to run another Suikoden-themed game will be my tenkai star, ESP. if it's S1, S4, or S5 based. And when I say tenkai star, I don't mean Thomas
Sorry belly-bay-bee, you missed varsoons suikoden themed game where town had a perfect win because of the wombo-combo of me and Titus being in our prime and mind melding together
In post 4512, Not Chara wrote:looking to gauge interest between a Binding of Isaac 13p or a Psychonauts 13p. both would be flavour-heavy, but Psychonauts more-so.
My greatest shame is that I never played psychonauts (despite owning it..), but isaac is my life and I'd love to see that happen

Edit:
In post 4503, Vaxkiller wrote:Twilight Zone -snip-
Oh! I forgot to mention how great an idea this one is too. I like the idea of everyone being forced to play nice, particularly since mafia can be very...intense.
Last edited by Elbirn on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4515 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh

Persona 5 has been an awesome time thus far and I'd really like to see a mafia game based on it and have thought up some interesting ideas/mechanics but I am not a mod
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4519 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Elbirn »

See that's all solid, but I imagined say a 13 player normal theme, but dozens of spectators and onlookers can post and contribute and try to partake in the discussion

Also your last little rule there could be broken; i.e., once the game has started, town knows that one of those people who have already /inned are scum
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4550 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Elbirn »

But varsee baybee, I have no mod experience I legally can not and I wouldn't know to anyway

You do it you're better than me
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4619 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4592, Varsoon wrote::oops:

Speaking of, I have a bunch of theme ideas in my back pocket but no clue what people even want to play.

Megaman Battlenetwork, Dragon's Crown, Legend of 5 Rings, Magic the Gathering, Sacrifice, Sengoku BASARA, Samurai Jack, Mike Tyson Mysteries, Yakuza, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Gundam: Universal Century, Undertale, the list goes on...

Basically, I just don't know what I want to commit 6+ months to again. :P
I'd play any of those
Especially Mike Tyson/samurai jack
In post 4594, Varsoon wrote:Cheetory6 proposed an awful/great idea where I just mash all those setups into one.

So.
Would anyone actually want to play a game where, each day, players must vote on a new setup to play for the next day/night phase. Each setup swap would completely give people all new role cards and public mechanics, abandoning the old ones?
This however might be trying too hard. That or I'm just an awful naysayer
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4620 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh

Someone make a Darkest Dungeon Mafia, because I legally cannot.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4623 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Already happened. This is why I don't have ideas.

Uhhhm.....yeah that's all I've got, nowadays I play that and dead by daylight and I don't think that really works
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4625 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4621, Varsoon wrote:
In post 4620, Elbirn wrote:Oh

Someone make a Darkest Dungeon Mafia, because I legally cannot.
Andrius ran a Darkest Dungeon setup awhile ago that was designed to be run as a part of a series of games.
Don't think he ever ran the next one, but each game would focus on a single Dungeon from the game.
Was pretty neat.
Actually as cool as this sounds, it would have been fantastic to sort of lift the chalice dungeons from your Bloodborne setup; the town votes on a team of 4 players to go on an expedition into one of the 5 dungeons; certain roles could fare better in certain dungeons (an Occultist wrecks the cove or crusader excels in ruins for example, but a plague doctor doesn't do well in the Warrens); defeating a dungeon yields rewards; each one as certain detriments (Warrens cause disease, darkest dungeon outright kills people or something)

And so on
In post 4624, LicketyQuickety wrote:I like this avatar much better Elbirn. Does more to capture your personality.
Thanks, mspaint sad arnold had to get shelved for my old school dean at some point
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4626 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Aw man

And every day phase start could have had one of those random town event things

Maaaaannn
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4631 (isolation #21) » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4630, yessiree wrote:
In post 4623, Elbirn wrote:Already happened. This is why I don't have ideas.

Uhhhm.....yeah that's all I've got, nowadays I play that and dead by daylight and I don't think that really works
for dbd I guess you could theme it so the killers are towns, trying to win by searching for survivors and sacrificing them, who would be the mafia.
....I never actually thought about the fact that the survivors couldn't lynch the killers since thematically they can't do anything to them. It also wouldn't make sense for them to not be the mafia faction since theres 4 of them which is perfect team size.

At the same time all of the survivors have perfect town roles (doctor Claudette, 1-shot bullet proof David, etc) but I guess it could be reworked the other way around?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4676 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 am

Post by Elbirn »

Does the game have traditional voting or just unlimited vigs?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4679 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4677, Korina wrote:
In post 4676, Elbirn wrote:Does the game have traditional voting or just unlimited vigs?
The game does have the normal lynch, in addition to all players holding one vig shot per day, (scum have theirs lumped together).
So, Town can hang someone each day,
and
each townie is allowed to individually shoot someone each day
Re: Vig shots, does this mean collectively town can only shoot once per day and scum once per day, or everyone can go ham except for the scum team? Cuz if it's the latter I'd imagine a situation where you can narrow out scum based on who is unable to fire, but I may be underthinking it
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4694 (isolation #24) » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I want a v for varsoon game

But it has nothing to do with v for vendetta

Its just another varsoon mafia
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4714 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Post by Elbirn »

So uh

It would be a ways off, but would there be any interest in a Twilight Zone mafia? Possibly U-Pick?

Edit: actually forget the upick, I dont expect people to remember characters from a 60 year old tv show. But yeah, this.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4728 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I'd say that they should only have a hated modifier when they're voting for the same person, but not any longer when they change votes, but then that would basically make it useless and mere flavor. It would only wind up ever being a factor if one of the lovers was a counterwagon to another player, then the one lover wouldn't be able to vote survivalistically on the other wagon

I think having roles with punishing drawbacks with no upside is kinda..ehhhh?
Last edited by Elbirn on Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4729 (isolation #27) » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Post by Elbirn »

While we're discussing roles tho, has there ever been a "medium" type role on this site? I've never seen it implemented in a game, but I'd love a role that can communicate with dead players. Mostly I want a way for players to continue to participate and be engaged in a game even after their death.

I think I'd like to someday do an original theme game that's the trope of a murder mystery in a mansion thing, and that's a role I envision for it. I've also considered the medium being able to resurrect one player or be a sort of universal backup (can channel the spirit of one dead power role let's say) but think both of those are far too powerful and haven't been used on this site for a reason.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4735 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:36 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Well that's nice but I have no idea what you're saying
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4740 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4738, Varsoon wrote:I would play a Blood Bowl game.
I would pre-in for American Presidents 2 : Vice President Boogaloo.
Vice President u-pick

Dibs on Spiro Agnew
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4749 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:33 pm

Post by Elbirn »

This has already happened
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4751 (isolation #31) » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Bins don't be lewd
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4760 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 4757, chennisden wrote:Would anyone be interested in playing a game where inside the scumteam there's a team of traitors that win independently, but cannot nightkill the scum.

The identity of the traitors would only be known to the traitors, obviously.
Mmm.....5 scum, 2 are traitors, 21p large?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”