Mini Normal 1844 Firework Mafia. Game Over

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Impoetic »

i asked io earlier BECAUSE I only really remember troll interactions which, like, of course they won't sound genuine! Transcend/burger's interaction today didn't sound genuine to me either, until i realized it was trolling. I find people who push on stuff like that to be scummy.

But I DO want to hear io out first, because my memory is flakey.
In post 803, mhsmith0 wrote:I have no JR scum meta knowledge. I vaguely think I remember seeing such a game of his at some point (newbie queue maybe?) but don't remember what it would have been. I know I'd read an Impo wolf newbie game a while ago (I think it was the JK one where she somehow squeaked through a near-locked game), may dig that up at some point.
Oh yeah I still have this game in my egosearch so I'll spare you the trouble if you still wanted to check this. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... &start=750 (Forgot earlier, sorry.)

Pretty different, lol.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:15 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

So what in particular strikes you as being different in this game from that one?
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:17 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 874, VWXYZ wrote:I think he's mafia because he pushed very hard on town getting lynched he also seems scummy by how he has made his fos at least that's what I think
1) Hard-pushing isn't necessarily AI; plenty of townies will hard-push a lynch on other townies. Was there something specific about his push that bothered you or just "he was aggressive therefore scum"?

2) What do you mean by "how he has made his fos"?
Show
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:21 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 873, mhsmith0 wrote:I can potentially buy that it's an off-handed comment that was communicated badly (especially in the context of 826 not long before), but nevertheless, what you expressed was more certainty than that. Why do you think it's odd for you to be questioned on it?
I think it's more odd that I wasn't questioned. He wasn't questioning at all or trying to understand whether my reads were genuine or not, he was casing and addressing the other players. It rubs me the wrong way.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:23 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 873, mhsmith0 wrote:I can potentially buy that it's an off-handed comment that was communicated badly (especially in the context of 826 not long before), but nevertheless, what you expressed was more certainty than that. Why do you think it's odd for you to be questioned on it?
In post 874, VWXYZ wrote:
In post 866, JaeReed wrote:
In post 865, VWXYZ wrote:Vote: Transcend*
To vote you should use the vote tags.

Code: Select all

[vote]Name of person[/vote]

Like that ^

Now that's outta the way, why do you think Transcend is scum?
I think he's mafia because he pushed very hard on town getting lynched he also seems scummy by how he has made his fos at least that's what I think
What do you mean by "scummy by how he has made his fos"? Can you give me a post that demonstrates what you mean?

Do you think only mafia push hard on town? Do you believe Lil Uzi had done much to look town yesterday?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Io »

You went the whole day joking around with Impo, and at somewhere near the end of the day post 533 you said you were on the fence about them with shortly after saying that you lean town in 572. You even had them down as town in your reads list, but then the very last post of day 1 (773) you said they might be scum. You had absolutely no build up to this change of reads on them, it just happened. That is so scummy that even if Impo wasn't scum that I would still want to rip your head off for that read. It just screams being fake. It looked very much like an attempt to distance after how much you guys had dialogued but not really talked during the day.
I see more of a connection to you trying to buddy with Impo day 1 than the other way around, but I really can't tell if you are just trying to incriminate Impo as being your scum buddy or actually scum budies. What makes me lean more towards you both being scum was Impo's comment in 664 dismissing the idea scum would coach which is exactly what I feel like you 2 were doing, making interactions that just were not substantial and just superficial.

And honestly everything you are posting today is just making things worse for you.
That early push on Smith was disgustingly bad and honestly the kind of thing I would expect from a scum who was disappointed to have killed a VT night 1.
Then this post that you're making me write this stupid response for. There's a lot of things wrong here. First you're fence sitting which I shouldn't even need to explain why that is scummy but I will sense I don't know if you can tell why it's scummy. Scum can't call people town, if they do that lowers the lynch pool and increases their chance to be lynched, scum also can't just call everyone scum because that is such a stupid thing to do. This is where you get fence sitting posts where scum have a dilemma because making reads makes it easier to PoE them. Then you also say that my accusations of you "rub you the wrong way" which already starts off with stating your defense is that my accusation is scummy which is not a defense. You haven't even given any sort of defense to the actual accusation you just accused me, but you didn't. You're still fence sitting not wanting to call me scum for accusing you, and when you say that the posts "rub you the wrong way" you are just drawing attention to the posts as being potentially scummy and not saying why they are scummy. You are wanting someone else to make the accusation because you would be too suspicious to make the accusation yourself.

VOTE: Jae

If your next post does not have reads on me, Impo, Trans, RB, and CCC I will hard tunnel you until you or I die.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Impoetic »

In post 876, mhsmith0 wrote:So what in particular strikes you as being different in this game from that one?
um in skimming the beginning of my own ISO I noticed I was a lot more careful and nervous about what I sent, a lot quicker to talk about my own "reads," and my dumbtells were things I actually found believable as opposed to my actual slip-ups this game which are pretty ridiculous for the most part tbh. That last thing I'm not sure about though.

I was also a lot more agreeable, which is something I should probably try to go back to. I also wrote "differ than" which is fdljksal;' wtf self

Not necessarily saying all of those things are solely because of alignment, or at least I would hope not; it was my first game on the site, and I remember some of what I did there as carrying over to my first game ever of forum mafia -- in which I was town, but similarly nervous/generally tryhardy. ^^; And the last time I flipped a non-town role I played differently, too. My alignment probably ensured that I was so involved in the game, though, and many other things, some of which I'm sure I'm not aware of.

So yeah, I was just making an observation; the play seemed very different even from a surface-level skim.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Transcend »

Yo V

When do you wanna play Jotto

Hmu
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 880, Io wrote:You went the whole day joking around with Impo, and at somewhere near the end of the day post 533 you said you were on the fence about them with shortly after saying that you lean town in 572. You even had them down as town in your reads list, but then the very last post of day 1 (773) you said they might be scum. You had absolutely no build up to this change of reads on them, it just happened. That is so scummy that even if Impo wasn't scum that I would still want to rip your head off for that read. It just screams being fake. It looked very much like an attempt to distance after how much you guys had dialogued but not really talked during the day.
I see more of a connection to you trying to buddy with Impo day 1 than the other way around, but I really can't tell if you are just trying to incriminate Impo as being your scum buddy or actually scum budies. What makes me lean more towards you both being scum was Impo's comment in 664 dismissing the idea scum would coach which is exactly what I feel like you 2 were doing, making interactions that just were not substantial and just superficial.

And honestly everything you are posting today is just making things worse for you.
That early push on Smith was disgustingly bad and honestly the kind of thing I would expect from a scum who was disappointed to have killed a VT night 1.
Then this post that you're making me write this stupid response for. There's a lot of things wrong here. First you're fence sitting which I shouldn't even need to explain why that is scummy but I will sense I don't know if you can tell why it's scummy. Scum can't call people town, if they do that lowers the lynch pool and increases their chance to be lynched, scum also can't just call everyone scum because that is such a stupid thing to do. This is where you get fence sitting posts where scum have a dilemma because making reads makes it easier to PoE them. Then you also say that my accusations of you "rub you the wrong way" which already starts off with stating your defense is that my accusation is scummy which is not a defense. You haven't even given any sort of defense to the actual accusation you just accused me, but you didn't. You're still fence sitting not wanting to call me scum for accusing you, and when you say that the posts "rub you the wrong way" you are just drawing attention to the posts as being potentially scummy and not saying why they are scummy. You are wanting someone else to make the accusation because you would be too suspicious to make the accusation yourself.

VOTE: Jae

If your next post does not have reads on me, Impo, Trans, RB, and CCC I will hard tunnel you until you or I die.
You don't know what coaching means, do you? Which is funny because you were trying to do it in your first newbie iirc. Coaching is when someone tells you how to respond to a post. If anything what myself and Impo were doing by your definition would be (really bad) distancing. If we wanted to distance we wouldn't cozy up to each other on account of being friends.
You didn't look at the post in context with how Impo was pushing me. Her saying I don't dumbtell then leaning towards saying that was what I was doing was scummy for her. She knows, I know, and she retracted so it's all good. I've played a lot with her recently on epicmafia and she knows every glaring hole in my scum game because we've discussed it. Her pushing me when she should know I'm town is scummy. She's not even retracting in the manner she does as town, but I'm giving her benefit of the doubt being that chat mafia is slightly different.

I wouldn't have killed gerry, he was doing jack sweet shit, doesn't like playing town, and very obviously to me didn't have a power role to make him want to play the game.
I don't fencesit as scum because I know it's easy to change a read. Town does it all the time so there's no reason why I as scum should need to fencesit. I'm being cautious here because I know I'm prone to omgus and my hardest townread has you as his hardest townread and I generally trust his judgement. He's proven time and again to be a good player as town. I'm also aware that sometimes strong players can be wrong. So yea, I'm fencesitting on those currently voting me because my kneejerk reaction is to omgus and that's never good play regardless of alignment. If I were scum I'd have a stance on you and stick to it because going against you could potentially put me at odds with Transcend.

I can't explain more than it rubs me the wrong way because it's tonal. I like tonal and gut reads. Another point against you is you're not sounding like you did in Donner Party, and I feel like you should know roughly that I operate on tone and gut based off that game as well. At least, you didn't tunnel me there, so that's a large part of my "what gives?" reaction here too.

Also, did you forget you were already voting me, or was that supposed to be for emphasis? -.-

My current reads? I kinda thought they were obvious, but ok. I also kind of think you're going to hard tunnel me regardless of whether I give them or not.

You could be scum, not sure. I don't think you even realize what you're doing, but if you're not scum then you're being extremely stupid right now and I actually have a high opinion of your intelligence, so there's that. I am also aware people can just have a crap game. My individual read on you right now is nullscum but I'm painfully aware that I'm very likely just omgusing and shouldn't actually trust that read right now.

Transcend is my hard town read. I don't know why you would even bother asking about this.

Impo is either nullscum or townlean depending on if she wants to push me and make herself obvious scum. So far she's being a good kitty and as such is town.

CCC is a scum read flat out but holding back on that because smith might be town and if so his opinion is valued.

rb defended lil in a manner I didn't like d1 because I didn't think there was that much to defend him on. I went over this already. I said I wanted to tr him for the paranoia over Impo but knew it wasn't really something to tr him over because it was a post that could easily be made by scum. Then he voted CCC for that terribad push on me and so I'm not sure anymore. Could be attempted buddying and if so it's working to make me rethink and consider rereading. For the time being he's still a scumread but not as strong. If CCC is town then I think there's the chance he's whiteknighting me. If CCC is scum then I don't think that read as a bus, honestly. I mean I could be wrong it's just my take on that.

Now, why did you ask my opinion of those people in particular? I feel like my stances on them are pretty laid out in the thread already. It's obvious I was rethinking my rb scumread by my unvote. It's obvious I'm attempting to not just omgus you and actually sort whether you're scum or bad. It's obvious my townread on Transcend hasn't changed a lick. I'll give you that it's possibly not as obvious that Impo is a read that is practically a coin flip at this stage, and that CCC is a hard scum read that I'm questioning only because of smith. I don't get why you brought up the rest.

Also, me and Impo joking around was just that. I don't understand why you think that has anything to do with how I should be reading her. I can joke around with someone and still like/dislike their tone/content with others. That's how friendship works.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by JaeReed »

gdi i walled.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Io »

I asked those people because you were not taking a stance on me, and I has suspicions on Trans and Impo. RB was because Trans was scum reading him and CCC was because I was just making sure you were scum reading him.

I also was not voting you actually. I was voting Trans.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Ah right, guess it was me that forgot since I figured it was a joke vote.

Why do you have suspicions of Trans?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by rb »

V/LA until November 6th

I'm moving house at the moment, so I wonn't have much time to play and the internet will get disconnected on the 3rd - I'll have phone access. It gets connected at my new place on the 5th (if all goes according to plan) and we'll be mostly finished by then. I'll try to keep up as best as possible.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 887, rb wrote:
V/LA until November 6th

I'm moving house at the moment, so I wonn't have much time to play and the internet will get disconnected on the 3rd - I'll have phone access. It gets connected at my new place on the 5th (if all goes according to plan) and we'll be mostly finished by then. I'll try to keep up as best as possible.
Noted
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Oh wait lol wrong game, I'm playing this one not modding (too many mod games lol)
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 824, rb wrote:impo plz don't be scum :(
@jae: if this is the paranoia post then yes that can 100% be faked. There's nothing here that clearly shows genuine paranoia, it's basically a step up from just saying "hey everyone I'm paranoid of impo"

That said, I'm curious whether you still dislike rb's defense now that LUV flipped town. Knowing that LUV is town, clearly he wasn't trying to save a buddy, so do you think his defense was dishonest or needlessly half-hearted or anything else that would be particularly suspicious? "He didn't have much to defend him for" is a relatively weak line of attack unless there's more that I'm not seeing. What am I missing here?
Show
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I mean yeah I did say I know logically it's nothing worth a townread.

Again, rb's defense of LUV seemed like a whiteknight. It made me think LUV was town and rb was scum defending him yesterday. I don't see why that would change with LUV's townflip? I don't think I implied it was to save his buddy, so...?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

On day one you said you disliked his defense of LUV, while voting LUV yourself. In his context presumably you were thinking that it was a WK of a buddy. Am I wrong in your thought process on the matter?
Show
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 670, JaeReed wrote:when uzi is hammered

i'll probably also accept when rb is hammered, dislike him more than uzi atm cuz that wk is gross enough to make me question whether uzi is best lynch yaknow?
In post 672, JaeReed wrote:trans/io/cloud/herm/impo/gerry town
vw probtown

burger is nullish
smith i'm concerned about

uzi is weak scumlean
rb is scumread
ccc is scumread

i haven't really thought about interactions much further than that but trans said ccc/uzi not a team and i'll trust in that read and rb is wk'ing in a bad way. not too fond of smith's stuff there either wrt to everything but that'll be someth that comes out in the wash i think.

anyways thems my reads, already putting in more effort than i felt like to start w/ tbh

i won't cry tears of blood if uzi is lynched but preference on rb
In post 678, JaeReed wrote:no i don't think you'd defend uzi like this if you were both scum.. have you not been paying attention? i think uzi is t o w n if you're scum.
In post 687, JaeReed wrote:@transcend either he wk'ed his partner when it was suboptimal to do so or he's probably just town. it doesn't 100% clear him but enough that i'd probably be looking more at smith over him because smith's interaction about it feels more subtly scummy than outright.
In post 691, JaeReed wrote:
In post 688, rb wrote:fuck its so weird that someone with a rep for defending their townreads is on my case for defending a townread

r u human Jae?
no u caught me :( i am merely a figment of everyone's imagination

and yeh it's more that i don't think you have a reason to defend here? I don't think uzi has given u anything to actually defend, which means it feels more like a scum wk than a town defense.
I'm pretty sure I made it abundantly clear i thought it was scum whiteknighting over scum defending a buddy.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Impoetic »

IO, can you please be more specific about what interaction(s) between jaereed and I seems/seem disingenuous to you?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Which then opens up the question of why you were voting LUV, a wagon likely to go through (regardless of knowing the exact vc, it was clear he was the #1 wagon), if not only was LUV your #3 scum read, but you thought that rb was mafia actively spewing him town with his WK. Explain?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 684, JaeReed wrote:i mean i could but at this stage it'd just be a vanity wagon. I don't feel like pullin' my own wagon, it's more fun to ride 'em
I mean, you do address it here, but it's pretty bizarre to just sheep an existing wagon rather than actively try for your best read, especially when the actions of your best read potentially spew the main wagon town.
Show
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 226, JaeReed wrote:o hey i finally caught up.

trans is town, cool. sheeping him for the rest of the game.

VOTE: LUV

@smith impo is just awkward regardless of alignment.
Good question, I believe I answered it with my first post.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Like, is that a normal gameplay thing for you? Can you show other examples of where you basically abandon your stated best read in order to sheep an easy wagon on day one, while citing evidence that potentially argues against that wagon?
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Like, is that a normal gameplay thing for you? Can you show other examples of where you basically abandon your stated best read in order to sheep an easy wagon on day one, while citing evidence that potentially argues against that wagon?
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”