mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 897, JaeReed wrote:
In post 226, JaeReed wrote:o hey i finally caught up.

trans is town, cool. sheeping him for the rest of the game.

VOTE: LUV

@smith impo is just awkward regardless of alignment.
Good question, I believe I answered it with my first post.
:neutral: yeah I'd now REALLY like to see if this is normal for town!you, because that reads much more like a semi joke post than a serious declaration of what you're going to be up to.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 896, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 684, JaeReed wrote:i mean i could but at this stage it'd just be a vanity wagon. I don't feel like pullin' my own wagon, it's more fun to ride 'em
I mean, you do address it here, but it's pretty bizarre to just sheep an existing wagon rather than actively try for your best read, especially when the actions of your best read potentially spew the main wagon town.
I mean assuming my read was right, but I'm more inclined to sheep transcend's reads after I've fucked up massively multiple times lately.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

If you're town, please don't do that, ESPECIALLY on day one. Even if you're wrong, honestly pursuing your best reads is the best way to let everyone else read you, and through that process better move the game forward. Auto Sheeping someone else (as something other than a joke) is pretty anti-town and poor play.
Show
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 684, JaeReed wrote:i mean i could but at this stage it'd just be a vanity wagon. I don't feel like pullin' my own wagon, it's more fun to ride 'em
In post 689, JaeReed wrote:
In post 682, Transcend wrote:i don't think jae's scum but his play this game is peculiar compared to a few games i skimmed with him being town.

again, i don't really use meta that much.
i mean probably meta'ing me this game is useless. the moment i got a hard tr on you i decided i felt like coasting to see what the appeal was. gotta say it's actually a pre good feeling.

i was scum on the fallout shelter in a marathon. not quite the same but copper did dive it and said i tended to seek approval way more and uhh idunno what else.

I know as scum on em I am 1000x more likely to lurk out the day and AtE less... uh idunno what else ask impo she'd probably have a better idea.
I mean I did say I decided I didn't wanna effort that hard this game multiple times.. I gave my reads and basic reasoning for some reads (probably a little more than basic knowing how I tend to ramble). I added to conversations, answered questions i felt like answering, and gave my opinions on what was happening in the thread.. I can do that while applying pressure elsewhere with my townreads you know. So no I think you're just not actually reading what I'm doing this game. Or you are but you're scum /shrug
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

My point is that if you're town, bandwagoning counter to what your reads are is bad play and you shouldn't do it. Nothing wrong with pulling a vanity wagon you believe in for a while to see what happens.
Show
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Ultimately, your vote is what matters most, and your d1 vote was where according to your stated reads, it shouldn't have been. Which is why I asked if you have a meta if doing this (which you still haven't answered btw).
Show
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I mean I have answered that. In my ISO. You're not paying attention.

But no I don't believe I have a meta of doing it. That goes for when I've been scum as well as town. I believe also for when I've been 3rd party. Usually I do the sheeping with my vote after I've tried pushing my own reads and can't get them lynched or after I've been proven wrong.

So are you going to say effort is alignment indicative or not? Because that's what you've been leading up to. You're trying to find a reason to place your vote on me; just do it already and stop doing the scum dance around it.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

I'm not arguing that effort is AI, I'm arguing that willfully ignoring the implications of your reads is bad play if town. You also say you answered the meta question of whether you intentionally sheep and/or make votes that run counter to your reads logic, but I'm not seeing that answer on isoing you (if I missed it, please point me to it). As for the conclusion, I'm not sure if you're town or not, that's what I'm trying to figure out.
Show
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 860, Io wrote:VOTE: Trans

In case you missed it on the PT Trans I'm going to distance you a bit so they don't think we are really Masons.
Are you being at all serious about this whole Mason thing?

I ask because it looks, from here, like a running joke that ran out of control, and I want to know whether I should be ignoring it or not.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 870, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 837, JaeReed wrote:Impo is town tho so if he got nked for reads it's because burger is scum.
I'd guess that CCC's post was in reaction to this. It's a blanket statement that she's town. So, why did you broadcast what read as relative certainty that she's town, if in fact you're harboring meaningful doubts?
That was a major part of it, yes.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 872, JaeReed wrote:
In post 837, JaeReed wrote:Impo is town tho so if he got nked for reads it's because burger is scum.
I'd guess that CCC's post was in reaction to this. It's a blanket statement that she's town. So, why did you broadcast what read as relative certainty that she's town, if in fact you're harboring meaningful doubts?
It was made 2 hours after a post where rb specifically asked me if she was town and I responded that she's not on my radar but has lots of could be scum moments. With Impo making one post in between which really wasn't AI.

Mostly, that's "Impo is more town than burger is to me right now" and was an off-handed comment. You're seriously gonna push on semantics? It won't end well for either of us, I can guarantee you that, because I will just hard scumread you and actually push for the lynch. If you're town you REALLY don't want that, buddo.
Hmmmm. I'd read "not on my radar" to mean "not seeing any major signs of scum", thus implying a Townish lean - was this incorrect?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 689, JaeReed wrote:
In post 682, Transcend wrote:i don't think jae's scum but his play this game is peculiar compared to a few games i skimmed with him being town.

again, i don't really use meta that much.
i mean probably meta'ing me this game is useless. the moment i got a hard tr on you i decided i felt like coasting to see what the appeal was. gotta say it's actually a pre good feeling.

i was scum on the fallout shelter in a marathon. not quite the same but copper did dive it and said i tended to seek approval way more and uhh idunno what else.

I know as scum on em I am 1000x more likely to lurk out the day and AtE less... uh idunno what else ask impo she'd probably have a better idea.
It's in the first paragraph here. I felt like I alluded to it a lot but this is the most clear from D1 I think where I said it.
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 880, Io wrote:What makes me lean more towards you both being scum was Impo's comment in 664 dismissing the idea scum would coach which is exactly what I feel like you 2 were doing, making interactions that just were not substantial and just superficial.
Scum have daytalk in this game. They don't need to try to coach in-thread, they can just pop over to their scum daytalk thread and yell at each other there.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

So basically you're departing substantially from your normal way of doing things, and sheeping trans regardless of your personal reads logic is part of this. Meh. Null, maybe a scum lean at this point. Would be nice if you had a more defined wolf meta to compare against, but obv there isn't much on that front.
Show
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 895, mhsmith0 wrote:Which then opens up the question of why you were voting LUV, a wagon likely to go through (regardless of knowing the exact vc, it was clear he was the #1 wagon), if not only was LUV your #3 scum read, but you thought that rb was mafia actively spewing him town with his WK. Explain?
Yeah, this is the major reason for my scumread on Jae.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 910, CCC wrote:
In post 872, JaeReed wrote:
It was made 2 hours after a post where rb specifically asked me if she was town and I responded that she's not on my radar but has lots of could be scum moments. With Impo making one post in between which really wasn't AI.

Mostly, that's "Impo is more town than burger is to me right now" and was an off-handed comment. You're seriously gonna push on semantics? It won't end well for either of us, I can guarantee you that, because I will just hard scumread you and actually push for the lynch. If you're town you REALLY don't want that, buddo.
Hmmmm. I'd read "not on my radar" to mean "not seeing any major signs of scum", thus implying a Townish lean - was this incorrect?
I saw signs of potential scum Impo a few times. I also saw signs of town Impo a few times. She's not pushing me right now so she's not on my radar right now. The moment she starts thinking I'm scum without damn good reason beyond something that could be attributed to paranoia she'll enter my radar so hard everyone else will disappear off it and I'll not emerge from my tunnel until she's tasted rope.

For now, she's being a good girl.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

It's legitimate to suspect there IMO. The question I have is if they're actually being intentionally lazy as some weird strategy as town, or whether it's a wolf strategy just to try and look like scummy town. If we had a vig I'd say they're a decent shot, but that seems unlikely with just one death n1.
Show
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 913, mhsmith0 wrote:So basically you're departing substantially from your normal way of doing things, and sheeping trans regardless of your personal reads logic is part of this. Meh. Null, maybe a scum lean at this point. Would be nice if you had a more defined wolf meta to compare against, but obv there isn't much on that front.
Last game I played in, there were two players who voted for a player while that player was not their top stated scumread. Both turned out to be scum.

So this game, when I see Jae doing exactly the same thing, then that's a strong reason to vote for him.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by Impoetic »

really not seeing it as such a scumtell. Like, I can see how you can interpret it as such, but I don't think it is just because trusting someone else's reads over your own is something I've done before too (oops)?

predit: why would scum "try to look like scummy town"? also jae i know you're joking but if you do that I'm going to tunnel back regardless of whether my read changes on you past that point so don't try it thx
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Scum might do that to look more like low hanging fruit than actual scum. It's a bit unusual, but for a player who thinks they stink as scum (which is what Jae is representing), it's not a crazy scum strategy to hang low or look like lynchbait if things turn a bit.
Show
CCC
CCC
Goon
CCC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:46 pm

Post by CCC »

In post 918, Impoetic wrote:really not seeing it as such a scumtell. Like, I can see how you can interpret it as such, but I don't think it is just because trusting someone else's reads over your own is something I've done before too (oops)?

predit: why would scum "try to look like scummy town"? also jae i know you're joking but if you do that I'm going to tunnel back regardless of whether my read changes on you past that point so don't try it thx
If he was trusting Transcend's reads above his own, then surely he would have had Lil Uzi Vert as his top scumread yesterday (with the reason of "Transcend think this is scum")?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 913, mhsmith0 wrote:So basically you're departing substantially from your normal way of doing things, and sheeping trans regardless of your personal reads logic is part of this. Meh. Null, maybe a scum lean at this point. Would be nice if you had a more defined wolf meta to compare against, but obv there isn't much on that front.
I mean I stated many times as well that LUV did absolutely nothing to make me doubt Transcend's read on him. Obviously if I ended up with a townread on him I wouldn't have been on the wagon. He was as good as any other to be on. I did state my misgivings about rb's whiteknight to the person I was sheeping but as I stated, I wasn't gonna cry tears of blood if LUV was the one to eat rope, I merely had higher preferences.

If you're concerned about my scum meta you can ask Impo how I play as scum.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Ccc, which game were u referencing, and which scum/which votes? Note that if you say wakes role madness I'm in advance not gonna bother looking though.
Show
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 920, CCC wrote:
In post 918, Impoetic wrote:really not seeing it as such a scumtell. Like, I can see how you can interpret it as such, but I don't think it is just because trusting someone else's reads over your own is something I've done before too (oops)?

If he was trusting Transcend's reads above his own, then surely he would have had Lil Uzi Vert as his top scumread yesterday (with the reason of "Transcend think this is scum")?
Trusting someone's read over my own doesn't mean I have to disregard my own reads completely. THAT would be scummy, because it'd be trying to avoid drawing associations.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Sure, I can do that. Impo, what's your impression of Jae scum meta and how it compares/contrasts to this game?
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”