NY 198: Nexus is Now a New Normal Mafia (Game Over)

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 423, rb wrote:Besides, why are you contesting my Transcend comments anyway?
In post 424, rb wrote:For what reason are you making excuses for Transcend?
:neutral:

I'm not. On either count. I have a thoroughly null read on Transcend. He's shitposting, which I don't feel is alignment-indicative.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by rb »

Everyone share their read on Kraska pls - just say scum or town.

I say scum.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 426, rb wrote:Everyone share their read on Kraska pls - just say scum or town.

I say scum.
It's not a dichotomy. It's a spectrum.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by rb »

In post 425, Pine wrote:
In post 423, rb wrote:Besides, why are you contesting my Transcend comments anyway?
In post 424, rb wrote:For what reason are you making excuses for Transcend?
:neutral:

I'm not. On either count. I have a thoroughly null read on Transcend. He's shitposting, which I don't feel is alignment-indicative.
He has other non shitposts, are those also not alignment indicative? You're thoroughly null because of his shitposts but what about the other posts?

Is his entire ISO null?

P-edit: if you had a gun to your head, pick
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:10 pm

Post by Pine »

I don't have a gun to my head. It's early D1, and it doesn't make sense to treat it like LYLO

You're seriously squandering the townpoints you earned. This is the kind of browbeating behavior I didn't tolerate from KTS. My reads are my own, influenced by my own reasoning, and I'll be damned if I let you or anyone else bully me into making decisions I'm not ready to make.

Not all of Transcend's posts are shitposts, but most of them are. Some of the stuff he's done is vaguely scummy, others are vaguely Town. Nothing is distinct yet.

Why is this new generation of mafiascum players so obsessed with leaping to conclusions? It's so...uncivilized

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Post by rb »

Or are you 'thoroughly null' on kraska too?

Anyone you're not thoroughly null on?

Because if your game is to work by questioning and slowly build reads - fine. But that would entail pressuring and questioning slots and trying to catch them out doing stuff - instead you're engaging in mostly general commentary and not interacting in ways that put you or anyone else under pressure. Why is this?

You made a vote to 'pressure' davesaz, so you obviously understand the point of pressuring - yet you barely apply pressure on anyone? Why?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:12 pm

Post by rb »

Who says I'm leaping to a conclusion? I want to see what each slot thinks of Kraska, so I can use that data to help form a proper conclusion. I asked for people to answer this question because its a question that helps EVERYONE understand alignments better - you have a problem with this and are quick to discredit such a thing - why?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by rb »

In post 429, Pine wrote:I don't have a gun to my head. It's early D1, and it doesn't make sense to treat it like LYLO

You're seriously squandering the townpoints you earned. This is the kind of browbeating behavior I didn't tolerate from KTS. My reads are my own, influenced by my own reasoning, and I'll be damned if I let you or anyone else bully me into making decisions I'm not ready to make.

Not all of Transcend's posts are shitposts, but most of them are. Some of the stuff he's done is vaguely scummy, others are vaguely Town. Nothing is distinct yet.

Why is this new generation of mafiascum players so obsessed with leaping to conclusions? It's so...uncivilized
Which of the posts he's made are vaguely scummy?
Which stuff is vaguely town?

Simple post numbers will suffice, you dont need to go to much effort - I'll do the digging.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 426, rb wrote:Everyone share their read on Kraska pls - just say scum or town.

I say scum.

SCUM
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Post by Transcend »

I think Pine is town,

But I want to know what he thinks of me besides my "shitposting"
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Post by rb »

"Only scum care what ppl think"

caught u transcend!!!

thats my shitpost quota 4 today
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 pm

Post by Pine »

Dude, I do not intend to entertain every single inquisition. You want to push your scumread? Make a case, don't get up my ass about me marginally disagreeing with you.

Again, this is the problem with the way this site has apparently been going the last couple of years. It's on you to make your case, not on us to fall in line and automatically agree with it.

I don't go slow and steady, I'm looking for solid leads, and few have cropped up because you and a few other people are monopolizing the game. Gauran-fucking-teed, there are scum using the cover of your ADHD need to spout off three posts to other peoples' one to just lurk along doing nothing.

See the button in the bottom right corner labeled "Activity Overview"? It's just below the page numbers, just above subforum navigation. Pay attention to it. Fully a quarter of the game has fewer than ten posts. I'd be willing to bet hard currency that there's at least one scum within {Shadow_step, Zachstralkita, davesaz, Aeronaut}, maybe two. All because you and a few others can't shut your yap and read what others are doing.

Yes, I'm trying to pressure a lurking opportunist. No, I don't particularly agree with your read, but I also don't particularly disagree with it

Simmer down

Pre-edit: I don't think anything of you, Transcend. I mean, Christ, even you lampshaded your own inability to play it cool, and had a little spazzy meltdown. Start playing the game like a grown-up, and I'll develop an opinion of you

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Post by Transcend »

How am I not playing the game like a grown up lol

I gave my thoughts and some people tend to agree with me
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 203, Transcend wrote:i am resisting the urge to not hyper post i'm resisting it so hard but i just might explode here in a bit
In post 205, Transcend wrote:sjflkds
fs
d
f
f
f

i can't do it

i'm a player that must post all the time

it was fun trying an experiment

i'll read KTS again because 1. i respect you and i think you're town and 2. I've actually never played with a scum!KTS only specced a scum!KTS but i felt town vibes off him this game
Well, Transcend, I was going to let it go, but since you asked, let's start here. You set out to have a more relaxed and conservative game, then exploded. Then there's your allergy to capitalization, grammar, and punctuation. In the grown-up world, people who don't at least try to adhere to accepted standards are regarded as unsophisticated at the very best, but usually just childish and unprofessional. Then there's your absurd overconfident declaration about people being hard town reads and scumfucks...half a dozen pages in. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Also, adults don't overuse 'lol' like you do. I count 7 childish uses of 'lol' in 39 posts.

Interestingly, ISOing you for the purposes of this rebuke caused me to notice something - your vote hopping. Seven votes in 39 posts is a lot. It's an old scumtell, not particularly useful anymore back when I was playing on this site regularly, because it made its way into site meta and scum stopped doing it. You, on the other hand, are newish, aren't familiar with old school site meta, and it was always a tell for newbie scum.

RB, consider my objection to your Transcend vote rescinded. I could support a wagon on him at some point, assuming he doesn't Town up in a big way.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by Pine »

I feel this GIF is appropriate to my mood.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:42 pm

Post by Transcend »

was actually here in 2011 and played a few games with you but i doubt you remember me.

anyways thanks for your opinion.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 438, Pine wrote:Then there's your allergy to capitalization, grammar, and punctuation. In the grown-up world, people who don't at least try to adhere to accepted standards are regarded as unsophisticated at the very best, but usually just childish and unprofessional. Then there's your absurd overconfident declaration about people being hard town reads and scumfucks...half a dozen pages in. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Also, adults don't overuse 'lol' like you do. I count 7 childish uses of 'lol' in 39 posts.
Shit I shouldn't log in while in class im having trouble trying to contain laffs
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm

Post by Transcend »

yeah i kinda got dunked there lol.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by rb »

I think she's laughing at Pine not with him tbh
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by Transcend »

I really think that the way Pine's play style is and my play style is will heavily conflict. I don't think there's exactly a specific way to play mafia, just play in the way that is most suitable for you. Yes, I made early reads. Yes, I'm outing them for everyone to see. Am I gonna conf-bias them all game? Hell to the no. I'm just giving my standpoint for the time being and it's not like I'm locked in on those reads.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Post by rb »

In post 436, Pine wrote:Dude, I do not intend to entertain every single inquisition. You want to push your scumread? Make a case, don't get up my ass about me marginally disagreeing with you.

Again, this is the problem with the way this site has apparently been going the last couple of years. It's on you to make your case, not on us to fall in line and automatically agree with it.

I don't go slow and steady, I'm looking for solid leads, and few have cropped up because you and a few other people are monopolizing the game. Gauran-fucking-teed, there are scum using the cover of your ADHD need to spout off three posts to other peoples' one to just lurk along doing nothing.

See the button in the bottom right corner labeled "Activity Overview"? It's just below the page numbers, just above subforum navigation. Pay attention to it. Fully a quarter of the game has fewer than ten posts. I'd be willing to bet hard currency that there's at least one scum within {Shadow_step, Zachstralkita, davesaz, Aeronaut}, maybe two. All because you and a few others can't shut your yap and read what others are doing.

Yes, I'm trying to pressure a lurking opportunist. No, I don't particularly agree with your read, but I also don't particularly disagree with it

Simmer down

Pre-edit: I don't think anything of you, Transcend. I mean, Christ, even you lampshaded your own inability to play it cool, and had a little spazzy meltdown. Start playing the game like a grown-up, and I'll develop an opinion of you
Where am I telling you to fall in line with me?

I'm not sure why you're in such a perpetually bad mood for the entirety of this game, but you can drop the "back in my day" shtick.

The weirdest thing is that you talk about my high activity as if it's a bad thing?

Yet here we are and you've narrowed down a pool of likely scum in the lurkers - something that would be impossible if I had only made 8 posts instead of 80.

Also whether you realise it or not, that's the first time I've see you confidently express any kind of opinion on someone's alignment. It's good to have it confirmed that my play is helping people make reads. I won't simmer down either by the way, because I regularly die on Night 1 or 2 if I'm lucky - usually because I was either a near universal townread and not lynchable, or because my reads were accurate.

So I put forward the majority of my effort very early in the game because:

1. I'm very good at early game
2. I often die early which means I need to make the most of early game

I realise I could probably play worse or with less effort early and then live longer, but it doesn't work for my style. I thrive off interaction and make my reads with that - I can't re-read a game and make reads, it just becomes a meaningless blur.

Also, maturity is so fucking overrated. "grownup world" lol pls
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by rb »

In post 440, Transcend wrote:was actually here in 2011 and played a few games with you but i doubt you remember me.

anyways thanks for your opinion.
Did you notice that you asked for his opinion of you outside of your shitposting but all he did was comment on your shitposting?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Transcend »

I've correctly identified scum as early as page one though. So I know that I'm a really good player and I get good reads, really fast. On my home site, it's flash mafia, therefore the games last no more than 20 minutes and I must start developing reads immediately. I was there for about 5 years before I returned to MS because I wanted a bigger challenge with more competent players. My playstyle hasn't exactly changed though. Several people can vouch that I've gotten lots of good reads as town and I got them really early. They can confirm I didn't conf-bias them the whole game, and I kept my options open and all that. It's simply just the way I'm comfortable playing the game. I honestly think you're town right now Pine, and I don't want you exactly "focused" on me due to the way that I play. I will, however, cut the shitposting since I've known you quite a long time and I respect you and all that and you don't seem to like it at all. I just have quite a few new friends that I've made in here that I like shitposting with, but since we're pretty deep into the game I'll lay off a bit.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by rb »

its ok ill pick up ur shitposting slack ma boi
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 196, Transcend wrote:
In post 192, kraska77 wrote:
In post 184, Pine wrote:but being a bullying asshole is not a valid way to play a social game.
..........what?
Are u sure uve for the right person here? Rb's play is fine and dandy but kts is a "bullying asshole"? Lol is this rb buddying?

stop being a scumfuck
Friendly reminder this post still exists btw, and it was really, really bad.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”