NY 198: Nexus is Now a New Normal Mafia (Game Over)

JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:35 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 438, Pine wrote:Well, Transcend, I was going to let it go, but since you asked, let's start here. You set out to have a more relaxed and conservative game, then exploded. Then there's your allergy to capitalization, grammar, and punctuation. In the grown-up world, people who don't at least try to adhere to accepted standards are regarded as unsophisticated at the very best, but usually just childish and unprofessional. Then there's your absurd overconfident declaration about people being hard town reads and scumfucks...half a dozen pages in. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Also, adults don't overuse 'lol' like you do. I count 7 childish uses of 'lol' in 39 posts.
Spoiler:
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:37 am

Post by kraska77 »

lol that pine post
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:48 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 496, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 436, Pine wrote:See the button in the bottom right corner labeled "Activity Overview"? It's just below the page numbers, just above subforum navigation. Pay attention to it. Fully a quarter of the game has fewer than ten posts. I'd be willing to bet hard currency that there's at least one scum within {Shadow_step, Zachstralkita, davesaz, Aeronaut}, maybe two. All because you and a few others can't shut your yap and read what others are doing.
This is such a convenient and lazy reason to scum read players.
Almost as convenient and lazy as his first reason to scumread players.
In post 189, Pine wrote:I normally associate overconfident reads with the informed minority, i.e. scum.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:49 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Though like I said, I'm always for pressuring lurkers and would have no problem lynching from the low activity pool.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 438, Pine wrote: Well, Transcend, I was going to let it go, but since you asked, let's start here. You set out to have a more relaxed and conservative game, then exploded. Then there's your allergy to capitalization, grammar, and punctuation. In the grown-up world, people who don't at least try to adhere to accepted standards are regarded as unsophisticated at the very best, but usually just childish and unprofessional. Then there's your absurd overconfident declaration about people being hard town reads and scumfucks...half a dozen pages in. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Also, adults don't overuse 'lol' like you do. I count 7 childish uses of 'lol' in 39 posts.

Interestingly, ISOing you for the purposes of this rebuke caused me to notice something - your vote hopping. Seven votes in 39 posts is a lot. It's an old scumtell, not particularly useful anymore back when I was playing on this site regularly, because it made its way into site meta and scum stopped doing it. You, on the other hand, are newish, aren't familiar with old school site meta, and it was always a tell for newbie scum.

RB, consider my objection to your Transcend vote rescinded. I could support a wagon on him at some point, assuming he doesn't Town up in a big way.
Who abused you as a child?

And why do you have to manifest it here?
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:56 am

Post by kraska77 »

ouch
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:04 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

@zach, Y U lurk so much this game?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:05 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 524, JarJarDrinks wrote:I'll recheck kraskas ISO after my catchup and try to do read w/o the association
OK if I'm wrong about my RB read then Kraska could be scum. But I really don't think I'm wrong.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 514, kraska77 wrote:too late im VERY upset :dead:
In post 510, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:some girls are bubbly in real life
:neutral: :neutral: :neutral:
i dont really understand what this has to do with anything.......
I was explaining why I originally thought the way you voted lead me to believe your vote was a joke.
In post 515, kraska77 wrote:
In post 513, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Also your reaction looks so fake. If you really believed I'm scum you would have immediately voted for me.
too bad i can only vote one person at a time
And you can't or won't move your vote because? Your SR on Pine is that strong?
In post 517, kraska77 wrote:
In post 510, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Well the text size of your vote and the fact that some girls are bubbly in real life so I thought you were trying to project that when you voted for me. I realized it was a serious vote when I took a look at your ISO and realized it wasn't an RVS post/vote.

I have weak scum reads on you, Aero, Gamma, and Zulfy.
expand on ur other scumreads?
looks to me like ure just calling aero scum because some of the vocal players are
Zulfy - I didn't like his reasoning for voting Pine, his interactions with TF, and the way he's been posting makes me think he's putting on a character and/or has some sort of hidden agenda.

Gamma - I didn't like his Shadow vote or his reasoning for it.

Aero - I don't usually SR people based on activity but I believe this is different since I think he's game avoiding. I don't think anyone is actually seriously SR him for his reaction to people voting him during RVS.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Seriously dude, before most normal people enter the fantastic "grown-up world" that Pine speaks of, they learn not to be insufferable cunts. High school should have taught you this. Actually being able to interact with humans is better than having good grammar and tallying up "lol" usage.
In post 395, rb wrote:
In post 380, Zachstralkita wrote:Re: my #352: Unless I'm completely tone deaf and you and Gamma are pals and that's why he's nauseating.

Anyways, I hate the Zulfy scumread. I think people don't get his style. Ofc TwoFace is pushing that lynch LOL with the wackiest reasons.

Come on guys. Zulfy obvtown
I disregard style because:

1. All half-decent players alter style depending on the game
2. It's a lazy excuse for a reason to read someone a certain way, and scum do it often

Find a better reason than "style" to townread Zulfy.

Scum are a part of the group that are townreading Zulfy right now, not sure which ones though.
Yeah bud, I forgot that reasons that aren't good for you aren't good at all. I think that style is a major part of how people play the game, seeing that every single person projects their alignment in some way based on how they enter the words onto the keyboard. Obviously it can be manipulated, but few can do it well enough to where their perfect "style" would make up for the lack of town motivated game solving and actual play. As in you shouldn't be barring me from townreading him based on style, because style is not going to save him if he is scum. I know this and he knows this. Except there's very little he'd be inclined to do about this because he's town and does not need to necessarily worry about looking like he's town.

Judging by how his posts have been received, I don't think he's even worried about looking like he's not town. Call it a lazy excuse if you want, but people lynch obvtown far too often for "scummy play" or "lack of town play" on Day 1, then act really surprised when the lynch flips town. It's because the information that we tend to neglect as useless often is not and you can read this from a player's posts.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 529, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 438, Pine wrote: Well, Transcend, I was going to let it go, but since you asked, let's start here. You set out to have a more relaxed and conservative game, then exploded. Then there's your allergy to capitalization, grammar, and punctuation. In the grown-up world, people who don't at least try to adhere to accepted standards are regarded as unsophisticated at the very best, but usually just childish and unprofessional. Then there's your absurd overconfident declaration about people being hard town reads and scumfucks...half a dozen pages in. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Also, adults don't overuse 'lol' like you do. I count 7 childish uses of 'lol' in 39 posts.

Interestingly, ISOing you for the purposes of this rebuke caused me to notice something - your vote hopping. Seven votes in 39 posts is a lot. It's an old scumtell, not particularly useful anymore back when I was playing on this site regularly, because it made its way into site meta and scum stopped doing it. You, on the other hand, are newish, aren't familiar with old school site meta, and it was always a tell for newbie scum.

RB, consider my objection to your Transcend vote rescinded. I could support a wagon on him at some point, assuming he doesn't Town up in a big way.
Who abused you as a child?

And why do you have to manifest it here?
Zachary, no.

Uzi is town, I really like his recent content.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Transcend »

Townpile: kts, Zulfy, rb, jarjar, pine, Uzi, Zach

I'm okay with this for now
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:28 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Can you give some depth into your Uzi TR?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Transcend »

His posts are town (i will when I'm not on mobile) he's not getting lynched so I'm not immediately bothered to do such.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:02 am

Post by davesaz »

Pine, there is no cogdis in saying you're better but I'm not ready to move my vote.
You're assuming better moves you to the town side of the line, where it was actually to a lower degree of scum.

I don't have time right now for more, and it will still be until Sunday at least before it's much better. Anyone who really knows me well knows that I'm mostly useless d1 anyway.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Transcend »

Yeah

You've been pretty useless

And your vote is starting to feel like confbias

Like come the fuck on, you voted him in Rvs.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:28 am

Post by kraska77 »

vla for 4 days
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:47 am

Post by RachMarie »

Ego post from your backup mod
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Pine »

In post 542, RachMarie wrote:Ego post from your backup mod
Oh hey Rach. Long time.

Awesome. I wake up to more shitposting.

I'd rather be an "insufferable cunt" who's playing the game with logic and discernable methodology than being an insufferable cunt without them, so critics can bite me.

Okay, it's time for the game to actually start. There's enough info to get the ball rolling now.

Townpile (all of these are weak reads, no particular order): Transcend, Gamma, JarJar, maybe RB, maybe Zach

Scumpile: Dave, KTS, maybe TwoFace

I'll put together a cogent case on Dave when I get home. Phoneposting makes quoting difficult
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 214, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I'm in agreement with Pine on that it's impossible to get even a weak town read on anyone right now and it's probably going to be like that for a while.

I'm going to go with my gut here and UNVOTE:

VOTE: Zulfy

Every single one of his posts reads very off to me. It's like he has some sort of hidden agenda that doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the town.

VOTE: LUV

Yeah. This was bad but it's not the only thing. All of your posts seem very polished.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 380, Zachstralkita wrote:Re: my #352: Unless I'm completely tone deaf and you and Gamma are pals and that's why he's nauseating.

Anyways, I hate the Zulfy scumread. I think people don't get his style. Ofc TwoFace is pushing that lynch LOL with the wackiest reasons.

Come on guys. Zulfy obvtown
he prob hates my playstyle
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 415, rb wrote:Also everyone needs to give me their read on Transcend asap - he shitposts and fucks around too much to be easily readable. Vig shot here if he doesn't change.
yeah he's a hard read
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 418, Zulfy wrote:
In post 104, rb wrote:z
ulfy's game has been as baseless as he accuses yours of being
and he's determined to throw as much shade as possible early game + his RVS feels fake as fuck
In post 385, TwoFace wrote:Misrepping isn't a wacky reason.
Being useless by complaining about somebody else being useless
isn't a wacky reason.
Not sure how to feel about this continued mimicry alignment-wise.
Heh
Zulfy
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He
VOTE: TwoFace
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 422, Pine wrote:
In post 411, davesaz wrote:Pine is a little better, but having a good size wagon is good for town so I'll stay.

I was wrong about the comparison of KTS to the recent town game, which was Bebop btw. I was matching based on memory of post structure, which was very reactive, short stream without much structure, and occasionally rude. When I went back to compare content, there is a lot more bulk in this game than in the other one. The substance of the match between games is NAI playstyle, so not an explicit TR any more. I'm going to have to read it again to see what's chaff and what's wheat. Then I can see if the wheat is rotten or good.

Pedit: Having a wagon is good for exactly that reason, couldn't have put it better if I'd tried.
You know what, I've decided not to let this go. This post looks like cognitive dissonance; saying one thing but keeping a vote that doesn't match it is one of the most reliable scumtells

Unvote
Vote: Davesaz

I'd like to see some pressure here
Ditto bro
"I think wagons are good" is a shitty reason to vote park
VOTE: davesaz
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 426, rb wrote:Everyone share their read on Kraska pls - just say scum or town.

I say scum.
same as before - null
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”