Important: Security Breach (Please Read)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #70 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by Kison »

Update:
The person responsible for this has been identified and removed from the site. .

As mith mentioned earlier, the person responsible was able to gain unauthorized access to an administrator's account. In the process, they left a post indicating how they had done so. We keep thorough logs of site activity, and by making some educated guesses about what the guilty party was doing prior to the attack, we were able to identify one individual whose activity indicated guilt beyond reasonable doubt.

Since we know they downloaded data from the site, our primary goal was to do everything possible to ensure it would be erased. Unfortunately, none of the information on their account identified who they were outside of this site. The past week has been spent tracking down that information relentlessly with great success. I may write more about that another time, but I'd like to thank
chamber
for being amazing as always and
MrBuddyLee
for helping with some quality scumhunting(though he was saying he was sure it was Glork all along) and listening to me ramble.

The guilty individual and I spoke and they were adamant that the stolen data has been deleted. We are looking into pursuing legal action to ensure that does in fact happen.

Lastly, we're taking measures to prevent this from occurring again. The method through which the data was downloaded is a feature of phpBB, the software running this message board. It has since been removed. All administators' passwords have been changed, and we will be looking into additional security for access to restricted areas of the site.

Thanks for reading,
Kison
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #135 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Kison »

Try clearing your cookies. The board's handling of sessions is not very great and cookie clearing can sometimes resolve issues.

Return to “News”