Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by camn »

Shit. Page 11 is dead.
But page 12 can happen.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

pisskop is all over the FUCKING DONALD TRUMP thread in GD. Just today. Not 6 hours ago.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: PISSKOP

for great justice.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Pisskop's in this game?

He hasn't posted
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 270, JaeReed wrote:Also also, Dunn has contributed a lot. He's not a lurker and he's one of my more confident townreads.
Don't think I've contributed a lot though
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by camn »

In post 0, DiamondSentinel wrote:9. pisskop
Yet he posts elsewhere.
That's in the Katsuki handbook of standard tells.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

anyone but you huh
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

The hell makes you think i dont care man that's some serious shenanigans
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 271, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Dunn, why is Spy town? Is it because he sort of has that I don't care about looking town look going on?
He has that "I'm town" vibe

As an expert in exuding towny aura I would know
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Whats the timer on prods
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by camn »

In post 279, Dunnstral wrote:anyone but you huh
you and I have almost identical readslists rn, dummy. :)

Only, yes.. I happen to have a really, really strong townread on my own slot.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 283, camn wrote:you and I have almost identical readslists rn, dummy.
:)
VOTE: pisskop
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:40 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA from tonight at 4:30 EST until Monday. Thanksgiving family time and normal weekend duties. I will try to get some content into the thread but it will sporadic and phone-posted most likely.

No prob. I understand. Happy Thanksgiving!

@IAI
– if you are going to make posts where you reference post numbers and are Town please use the [ post] INSERT NUMBER [ / post ] feature (with the spaces removed) to make it easier to review your references.

@Dunn
– do you think kraska is scummy for Beetlejucing in ?

I’m also interested enough by to lay down a vote there.

VOTE: Camn

Because she’s just come off a large post explaining how Socrates is scum () yet is less than 20 posts later happy to jump on the “lynch a lurker” bandwagon? Said bandwagon first presented by her scum read Socrates?

--
In post 207, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:4.) You said my opening post didn't say anything, I am merely correcting you that it did and if need be, I will reveal what it says. I'm also not worried about your suspicion of me.
Oh so instead of being a completely fluff-filled entry has hidden content. Why did you feel the reason to hide content? I mean if you are saying there is a breadcrumb there that is irrelevant since breadcrumbs aren’t content but tools to help support later claims.
In post 209, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:And what reaction is one supposed to get after signs of being shown the player's bandwagon that they jumped on or started is not here? I don't see what reads one can gain from someone unwilling to wagon a player who has not posted yet.
You are wandering into straw-manning territory here by presenting very situational, narrow scenarios and using it to undermine the concept that wagon formation is a scum-hunting tool.

Why people jump on wagons and why they don’t is a very good analysis tool down the line.

Let’s analyse the wagon activity (or lack thereof) in this game so far. I find it interesting that we’ve already gotten to page 10 and not a single wagon above 3 votes has formed. In a 12 player game that’s less than half the lynch threshold. This is pretty unusual for Day 1 in a Mini Theme. What does that say to you?

Also, I’d very much like to see your thoughts on camn and Dunn voting for a completely absent Pisskop.

--
In post 211, I Am Innocent wrote:Re Spyrex's Post 40 believing kraska's claim matches her flavor, do others familiar with this theme agree?
Sven is a reasonable flavor match for a Miller – person who looks like an asshole but really wants to be a better person.

--
In post 222, Socrates wrote:MOI is really hung up on Lady's post restriction.
Can you elaborate on why you think this because this is pretty moonbeams and I don’t get the sense from the rest of your posts that you are a moonbeams sorta guy.
In post 252, Socrates wrote:I'm starting to get to the point where I just want to murder some lurkers.
The game has been open a whopping 26 or so hours when you made this. You are ready to start murdering “lurkers” before people can even be due a prod?

--
In post 239, camn wrote:Yea- its the stuff BETWEEN 70 and 181 that torqued me. All the MOAR VOTES HERE nonsense.
Um camn I’m not sure if I buy this. You often hydra with Katsuki for heavens sakes … you can’t really expect me to believe a few rhetoric posts are enough to set you off to such a degree. I mean – here are all the posts from kraska that might fit that profile from 70 to 181.
In post 118, kraska77 wrote:Hey guys camn needs more votes
The way she approached jae shows she's not interested in pressing them for content
Instead of poking jae about the weird comments on Socrates, all she does is call jae scum
That’s it. That is the only post where kraska does anything remotely like “MORE CAMN VOTES”. And even then it’s not completely empty there are reasons attached.

--
In post 246, JaeReed wrote:wrt 67 what don't you like about my early reads? Just the simple fact I gave reads early, or do you disagree with the reads & thoughts?
I didn’t find the reads themselves made much sense. This has all been parsed before but the Socrates read there was really, really odd. I mean I’m not much of a tone-reader but nothing about the post he made said “stiff” to me.

And I don’t grok the “Dunn is reaction testing” stance as reaction testing is not something scum do in my mind. Reaction testing at the heart is making posts and trying to read who people react to learn alignments. Scum (especially in a 12 person mini which we know isn’t multiball) don’t need to do that.

Finally too many of your presented reads are not that. Dunn / Spyrex / LLD / Kraska / Socrates are all basically fence-sits. The only actual reads given are Camn and myself. The rest are basically filling space but say nothing concrete at all to judge your posting buy.
In post 246, JaeReed wrote:You didn't drop in tiers between 112 and 142. Other people moved around you when I did my reread after cooling off a bit.
Well then I have a problem then. In your first reads list I was in the top tier. In the second I was in the second tier. If you are saying that your tiered lists don’t’ actually translate to set reads (first slot is Strong Town, second slot is weak Town, etc) then I question the point of a lists as you have presented them.
In post 246, JaeReed wrote:I didn't feel particularly off with your entry so I didn't dive you. Even if I had, I probably wouldn't have bothered to do a dive, as I've seen you play before.
Name games where you have seen me before then.

--
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Socrates »

Camn, I'm worried about something I said earlier. When I said your characterization of me was 'weirdly primitive', I meant that I thought you were characterizing ME as primitive, which I was describing as weird. But now I'm looking at it and I come across as insulting you, which I can assure you was not my intention at all!

My sincerest apologies.

--
In post 270, JaeReed wrote: LLD had posted about her restriction by the time I reached the thread, I believe. I don't see why that's so hard for you to understand, really.
That's an easy lie to make, but I guess it's easy because it's plausible. Eh, If you say so.
Veiled compliments? Don't get you.

The words you like I didn't even know were words you liked. I've been reading a lot of mafia theory lately because I've had problems with my reads. A lot of it I guess is posted by older players or something and I picked up the usage from there and fell into using it with you because that's what I tend to do.

The parts where you call me a 'logical' player and 'of course I am a difficult read' and whatever. They're called 'veiled' compliments because they appeal without being direct.
I don't even know what you mean by "consciously and deliberately turned it around on him" like... eh w/e. I'm actually reaching the end of my patience so I guess I need to cool it a bit.
You know, the whole part where I didn't answer your question but instead asked you a question about myself? Which you *totally* noted yet elected not to say anything about?
I wouldn't buddy up to any of those accounts if I wanted to buddy. I don't know any of you. If I were planning to buddy someone this game it'd be someone I've played with previously.

You seem to equate older accounts with being scumhunting gods. You're not. None of us are. Egos lose games.
That's what I... That was my entire...

*sigh*
Also, you think camn could have coached me? Y'know, the person who was tunneling me and i was tunneling them earlier? You can't seriously believe that.
What Camn said.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 285, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 222, Socrates wrote:MOI is really hung up on Lady's post restriction.
Can you elaborate on why you think this because this is pretty moonbeams and I don’t get the sense from the rest of your posts that you are a moonbeams sorta guy.

Your suspicion about LUV's attitude about the post restriction in posts and . It did make up a significant chunk of your words at that point.
In post 252, Socrates wrote:I'm starting to get to the point where I just want to murder some lurkers.
The game has been open a whopping 26 or so hours when you made this. You are ready to start murdering “lurkers” before people can even be due a prod?
Has it really only been that long? It feels like longer.

Time, what are you really?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:25 am

In post 287, Socrates wrote:Your suspicion about LUV's attitude about the post restriction in posts 204 and 206. It did make up a significant chunk of your words at that point.
Yeah but that has little to do with me being "hung up" on LLD's claimed restriction and 100% to do with LUV's posts looking suspect.

So I'm not sure how that translates in me being overly worried about LLD's claim.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

It is because you love me, MagnaofIllusion.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Socrates »

In post 288, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 287, Socrates wrote:Your suspicion about LUV's attitude about the post restriction in posts 204 and 206. It did make up a significant chunk of your words at that point.
Yeah but that has little to do with me being "hung up" on LLD's claimed restriction and 100% to do with LUV's posts looking suspect.

So I'm not sure how that translates in me being overly worried about LLD's claim.
Yeah, attacking the guy who responds favorably to the post restriction to keep the door open for a future mislynch as scum. It's not a strong scum-tell, just something I noticed.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:37 am

In post 290, Socrates wrote:Yeah, attacking the guy who responds favorably to the post restriction to keep the door open for a future mislynch as scum. It's not a strong scum-tell, just something I noticed.
Um whut? Parse this with less generic descriptions please.

Also why did you originally say I was hung up on LLD's restriction then if you recognize that it completely isn't about her claimed restriction?

Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Socrates »

Scum sees townie with post restriction. Wants to keep them around because restricted townie makes their life easier and makes for a juicy target late game. Scum sees other player accept post restriction, gives them a slap about it because they don't want the town to just accept the restriction but aren't going to attack it directly.

'Hung up' was perhaps a poor choice of words, if that's what you are getting *hung up* on. (tee hee)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:01 am

In post 289, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It is because you love me, MagnaofIllusion.
Ssshhh ... don't let anyone know ...

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:28 am

Post by kraska77 »

hey
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

hey
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:37 am

Hay is for horses ...

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Magna
I felt the need to breadcrumb just in case things got out of hand so I could point back and explain why it wouldn't be wise to lynch me. I don't you think you understand that I know wagons are good. I would've had no problem with the post if she would have only included people who had posted since better pictures can be formed as to why one did or didn't jump on a wagon when there is a body of work that can be looked at. Maybe it's me, but I don't see a reason to wagons slots with no posts, no content is different however, but this was not the case.

As for the wagon activity, I'm not sure. Everyone might just be as cautious as I am I guess, it's also Thanksgiving. So low activity will be a thing for the rest of the week.

I'm not a fan of those votes but I don't know what to make of Dunn really. Camn seems to be all over the place and I'm starting to think she just wants something to stick and let ride for a while.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:08 am

In post 292, Socrates wrote:Scum sees townie with post restriction. Wants to keep them around because restricted townie makes their life easier and makes for a juicy target late game. Scum sees other player accept post restriction, gives them a slap about it because they don't want the town to just accept the restriction but aren't going to attack it directly.
I idly wonder why there is not a single scenario in your mind where scum has a post restriction ....

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by camn »

a) I >DO< love me a lurkerlynch. And piss is active elsewhere, absent here.
I will admit, there is a little bit of absence of hate for anyone ELSE in that vote.

b) Some one else said I am "all over the place".. which is untrue.. but I have cycled through a set of suspects and been pretty.. satisfied by their responses. Which leaves me with nothing. Jae's no VI after all. I think I misunderstood kraska. I just wanted more content from Socrates. IAI is still scummy, I guess.. but the holiday is here so I'm down with a pisskop vote! Its not that "all over the place".

And c) I hydrad with Kastuki to learn to be LESS sensitive over things! To fight my natural instincts. I'm not like him. I just try to be :) But I admit it- I was just being catty. It was silly.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”