Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Joshz »

See? Still not out of RVS. Stop bitching about him voting no lynch, that's not scum indicative it's newbie indicative. Not newbie townie, just newbie. That post you quoted, Pine, is a clear joke, and trying to build a serious argument around it is awful. And you can't make an argument against no lynch in Mylo because sometimes it's a good idea and sometimes it's not, that's a game specific situation, there's no blanket answer.

So real vote: VOTE: pine
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Joshz »

I've been scum read every game on here, this is nothing new. My vote on 1 shot was to see if people built the wagon. People did just that, when in reality trying to read into a nl vote and a clear joke post during RVS is awful and destined to fail. My vote on penguin was a random vote on one of the only 3 names itg I remembered (1 shot and gerry being the others) as a placeholder before my post on pine immediately after.

And I vote with no explanation all the time, sometimes with a following explanation, sometimes reaction gauging, and sometimes reaction gauging on what I truly believe to be scum to test relationships. That's just how I play.

Also very happy this game is active q^P I hate stagnant ones.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Joshz »

Oh someone's name is flubbernugget

I'm never forgetting a quality name like flubbernugget
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 104, nn30 wrote:
In post 100, Joshz wrote:I've been scum read every game on here, this is nothing new. My vote on 1 shot was to see if people built the wagon. People did just that, when in reality trying to read into a nl vote and a clear joke post during RVS is awful and destined to fail. My vote on penguin was a random vote on one of the only 3 names itg I remembered (1 shot and gerry being the others) as a placeholder before my post on pine immediately after.

And I vote with no explanation all the time, sometimes with a following explanation, sometimes reaction gauging, and sometimes reaction gauging on what I truly believe to be scum to test relationships. That's just how I play.

Also very happy this game is active q^P I hate stagnant ones.
The natural next step is to explain what you've learned. Please do that.
I don't feel I've learned anything. Both of my other games here are still ongoing (penguin is hosting one !!) so I can't talk about them anyways but you can't really learn anything until the game ends and you evaluate how you played. I have experience from another site and town of Salem, so I understand the basics, I always get town read on the other site regardless of role and scum read here, it's nothing new. I don't adapt my playstyle to being scum or town, I play mostly the same and am one of those players who often doesn't look at their role pm until a bit into the game. In fact, I don't know my role right now.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Joshz »

If it's against the rules to not look at your role until a bit into the game I'm not going to last here
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Joshz »

Not true. You know your role before it matters. It allows you to play as town no matter your alignment early game, which is neutral as town and beneficial as scum. You also essentially said most other sites have shitty players, so nice. I also compete in risk and scrabble, the latter of which at a high level, I understand strategy which is the core of it. Sub me out if you feel the need to.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 119, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 118, Joshz wrote:Not true. You know your role before it matters. It allows you to play as town no matter your alignment early game, which is neutral as town and beneficial as scum. You also essentially said most other sites have shitty players, so nice. I also compete in risk and scrabble, the latter of which at a high level, I understand strategy which is the core of it. Sub me out if you feel the need to.
Yes - it is true. In fact, had you read your PM (which you clearly haven't) the moderator
requires
you to reply to her with your role and alignment.

Mafia is a team sport and requires team work. If you don't know which team you're on, then you're relinquishing your responsibilities as a player.
No its not. It is neutral as town and beneficial as scum/neutral to not read your role pm. Every roles goal, bar a couple exceptions, is to get town read. If you read your role and it's red you can act townie and neutral to you partners all you want, but psychologically it will affect your gameplay unless you're a very exceptional player. Neutrals have varying wincons so I'm not sure what neutrals are common here besides sk, but I'd imagine most of them are in similar boats to mafia. Bye not reading your role for the early game, something like half of day 1, you can play like you would a townie with no bias inflicted by knowing you aren't actually townie, and late game it can be the difference between winning and losing. But then again gameplay, players here are much more skilled, so of course you're right and I'm just the vi.

VOTE: josh

I'll play out my other games but I think I'm done with this site. I'm just not skilled enough for your amazing caliber of play.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 121, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@nn30: Agree to disagree.

@Josh: Your vote on Penguin didn't look random. It seemed like you laid down a serious vote for 1-Shot and changed it to Penguin because you were scum reading him for his little debate with TB. Either way, lying about not reading your role PM when the mod said everyone had confirmed in does not sit well with me.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Josh
It was random and I've already explained why and id like you to explain what possible scum motivation would have for random voting with no reason and changing their vote to someone else minutes later with an actual explanation.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Joshz »

I did not read my role. That is not a lie. I don't care what random morons on this site think of me since I'm probably leaving so I don't care about what I've picked up to be the negative stigma around self voting. And for the record, I just looked at my role, I'm vanilla, you aren't going to lose the game by lynching me.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Joshz »

I was told to sign up for mu, alas. Not the right fit for me. I was enjoying my other normal and thought my newbie was the exception as a newbie game, but turns out the normal was the exceptional fun game. No worries, this community just isn't right for me. I'm going to play out my other games assuming penguin and Xalxe don't sub me and you won't have to worry about my moronic self anymore. Proceed to call me awful idiot after I flip green, I'm not stupid enough to "slip" like that as scum but it's all good.

That's all I wanted to say. Peace.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Joshz »

I'm already hammered, I'm green. I'm probably going to be remembered as an idiot because that's how communities work. I'm perfectly happy ThinkBig my dude, this site just isn't the right fit for me and I'm sorry for screwing up this games beginning. I'll stick to my other sites. And for the record, I prefer being scum.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Joshz »

But I hate my newbie game I'm in, I'm trying relaly hard to post properly without breaking the discussing ongoing games rule but they're, no offense, bad, and I feel more experienced than the SEs. The game I'm enjoying is penguins normal, the first one I joined.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Joshz »

I messaged the host and asked to be subbed provided I'm not lynched by the time he's on. I did not lie. Policy lynch if you want. This game has too much personal involvement past a game level to really be enjoyable for anyone and this isn't newbie section so even if you're willing to be helpful you shouldn't be expected to.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 192, Garmr wrote:@secret agent jin
I noticed your vote on Josh was rvs. You haven't really had a big reaction on josh wagon it kinda seemed like a meh.
In post 95, Secret Agent Jin wrote:I am glad there is actual discussion, some games tend to trail off and lack discussion. Everyone gets a gold star for participation, some might be smaller than others but every star counts.

The only person that sticks out is Josh, i would like to see what other people that of his no-explanation votes (maybe RVS?) and his very lacking word post. I seen some people discuss this, i see what you are saying. I would like to see the others are thinking.

P.S. This is seperate from the Josh thing but in my experience i find that scum tend to have a lot of fence posts. They often write reads that are easily back tracked on which contain words like maybe, possibly, could be.
I am amusing your reads real or fake aren't very concrete so Is there anything not josh related that has caught your eye. Also what looks like a fence post to you here at the momment?
His post is a fence post
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Joshz »

Gj luv
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #18) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Joshz »

I knew pine was scum from the second I posted but it's completely my fault I didn't express it well and went full stupid instead lmao glad someone caught it at least

It was fine for pine to push me and it clearly worked out, pine and jin should have played better near the end instead of ignoring each other but early game was fine and no hard feelings etcetera

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”