Post Post #10950 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 10536, Varsoon wrote:
In post 10535, mastin2 wrote:
In post 8592, Varsoon wrote:
EVENT:
Sworn to the Sword

If used during Episode 1, the following will happen:
You will gain a double-vote for the rest of the game.
Mod:
Would Skybird's double vote allow her to apply her vote twice during any special event requiring voting?
This depends heavily on the way that the event itself is worded.
This is what he said, Farside, and I told you what response I got when I asked a follow up question. There's no way to know either way, and it strikes me that Varsoon probably intends it to be that way, or else he would impact the gamestate, wouldn't he?

Given that I personally believe you aren't scum and I know that we aren't, the most simple explanation is that Skybird was able to count as one point. There are valid reasons to suppose such, but it is and only can be speculation.

The only other explanation that would explain the info we know for sure is fairly convoluted and requires too many things to have happened precisely in the right way and at the right time. It's possible, but improbable.

It's as simple as that.

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10951 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:06 pm

Post by farside22 »

EVENT:
Sworn to the Sword

Mod:
Would Skybird's double vote allow her to apply her vote twice during any special event requiring voting?
mod would skybirds double vote work in this event? See below.

At the beggining of Episode 3, the Event "You... Gonna put on a movie? That'd be nice..." has resolved.
Due to this Event, the following has publicly occurred:
:right: Titus has been confirmed as a member of the Earth (town) faction.
:right: Stress has been reduced to 0 (Neutral).

At the beggining of Episode 3, the Event "Beach-A-Palooza" has resolved and is now taking place.
Due to this Event, the following has publicly occured:
:right: For 48 hours, the game thread will be locked due to this Event taking place.
:right: During this time, all players may submit any target player to star in the 'Beach-a-Palooza' event.
:right: Every time a player is picked by another player, it counts as one point towards the picked player's score.
:right: Every time a player picks a player in an alliance with them, it counts as two points towards the picked player's score.
:right: If a player picks themselves, it counts as three points towards their score.
:right: Scum picks are only worth .5, 1, and 1.5 points, respectively.
:right: If there are any draws, I will break the tie towards the player with more words in their role PM.
:right: It will be revealed how many points each of the top 3 point-winners have earned.
:right: The winning player will have their flavor revealed publicly to the game.
:right: Scum players will have their fake-claim flavor revealed publicly.
Image The winning player will be able to privately select one of three fabulous prizes:
1. One-shot kill immunity, consumed when next targeted by a kill.
2. One-shot Climax-phase investigate a target to see if they are capable of killing a player.
3. One-shot Climax-phase mass-redirect, which causes all other abilities to redirect to the user.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10952 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:08 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 10950, Reasonably Rational wrote:
EVENT:
Sworn to the Sword

Mod:
This is what he said, Farside, and I told you what response I got when I asked a follow up question. There's no way to know either way, and it strikes me that Varsoon probably intends it to be that way, or else he would impact the gamestate, wouldn't he?

Given that I personally believe you aren't scum and I know that we aren't, the most simple explanation is that Skybird was able to count as one point. There are valid reasons to suppose such, but it is and only can be speculation.

The only other explanation that would explain the info we know for sure is fairly convoluted and requires too many things to have happened precisely in the right way and at the right time. It's possible, but improbable.

It's as simple as that.

~Drixx
That's simply not true.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10953 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by farside22 »

We the mod said my ability was vote, that event isn't voting in the way your thinking. It doesn't use the word vote and mod made a point to say events that influence voting.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #10954 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Varsoon »

The double-vote gained from Skybird's 'Sworn to the Sword' Event exists solely for the purpose of submitting votes for lynches in the game thread and could not be used towards Events unless the Event allowed for such a vote.

Notably, the Beach-A-Palooza event required each
Player
to
submit
a choice of another player.

Furthermore, had Skybird had access to the Pearl account mentioned in their role PM, they would have only been able to submit a single choice regardless, as the Event specifies that each player submits a choice--not each slot.

In short, from their own role PM, there was no way that Skybird could have made multiple selections for the Beach-A-Palooza Event.

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10955 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:31 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 10943, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Yeah... I know about the Gym pt

so basically it was cut and paste.....

honestly I think MOI and Random needs to claim ...if they have nothing to hide than they should not be afraid thier role
nope
scum don't need that info
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10956 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:18 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 10954, Varsoon wrote:
The double-vote gained from Skybird's 'Sworn to the Sword' Event exists solely for the purpose of submitting votes for lynches in the game thread and could not be used towards Events unless the Event allowed for such a vote.

Notably, the Beach-A-Palooza event required each
Player
to
submit
a choice of another player.

Furthermore, had Skybird had access to the Pearl account mentioned in their role PM, they would have only been able to submit a single choice regardless, as the Event specifies that each player submits a choice--not each slot.

In short, from their own role PM, there was no way that Skybird could have made multiple selections for the Beach-A-Palooza Event.

Thanks you mod.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10957 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:22 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 10847, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Beach Result Tracking

Rational: mastin (+1)
Skybird: mastin (+.5)

Almost: mastin (+1)
Mastin: self (+3)

Yume: mastin (+1)

Result – 7, known 6.5

Chara: self (+3)

Farside: Chara (+2)
Result - 5

Titus: self (+3)

Kraska: Titus (+1)

Xkfyu: Titus (+1)

Grapes: Titus (+1)
total: 6

Shiro: none
Snarky: none

DGB: none

Random: none

Fuzzy: none (didn't answer?)
TWIE: none

Creature: shadow step
Magna: voted Rational

Shadow step: Almost
Fire: Rational

McMenno: self

So I've colored all the flipped scum red and all the flipped Town, Crystal Gems and mastin (cleared by Yume) as blue. Don't like this? Do your own work.

The picture gets a little bit clearer. Unless you think grapes is scum then the Titus group is 100% clear. Which to me opens RR as a viable scum candidate given that I don't see farside as Threat to Earth scum for the many reasons I've already talked about. Scum has the manpower and coordination (TWIE and DGB in Alliance) to double up on the claimed mastin vote to cover both RR and Skybird. And would have had ample time to set up the play given it is RR's event.

Next want to look the SirCakez wagon.
Rr: why did you vote mastin over Titus in the event?
Titus was confirmed town.
Yume word of mouth confirmed mastin and many times you have been the doubt caster in regards to gems.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #10958 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Creature »

We need to decide alliances.
Sigh
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10959 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:40 am

In post 10957, farside22 wrote:
In post 10847, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Beach Result Tracking

Rational: mastin (+1)
Skybird: mastin (+.5)

Almost: mastin (+1)
Mastin: self (+3)

Yume: mastin (+1)

Result – 7, known 6.5

Chara: self (+3)

Farside: Chara (+2)
Result - 5

Titus: self (+3)

Kraska: Titus (+1)

Xkfyu: Titus (+1)

Grapes: Titus (+1)
total: 6

Shiro: none
Snarky: none

DGB: none

Random: none

Fuzzy: none (didn't answer?)
TWIE: none

Creature: shadow step
Magna: voted Rational

Shadow step: Almost
Fire: Rational

McMenno: self

So I've colored all the flipped scum red and all the flipped Town, Crystal Gems and mastin (cleared by Yume) as blue. Don't like this? Do your own work.

The picture gets a little bit clearer. Unless you think grapes is scum then the Titus group is 100% clear. Which to me opens RR as a viable scum candidate given that I don't see farside as Threat to Earth scum for the many reasons I've already talked about. Scum has the manpower and coordination (TWIE and DGB in Alliance) to double up on the claimed mastin vote to cover both RR and Skybird. And would have had ample time to set up the play given it is RR's event.

Next want to look the SirCakez wagon.
Rr: why did you vote mastin over Titus in the event?
Titus was confirmed town.
Yume word of mouth confirmed mastin and many times you have been the doubt caster in regards to gems.
Mastin was and is practically as mod confirmed as Titus, for the same reasons we expressed when this connection was first revealed. It's possible that Yume wasn't town, but impossible imo that mastin wasn't, UNLESS she shared an alignment with Yume. So, it's POSSIBLE that mastin is actually a gem, but improbable. Given that, we felt mastin was essentially confirmed town.

Beyond that, we had already determined that Yume was steven, and therefore had an alliance with skybird, could talk to mastin and (we suspected) had a PT with 2-3 other gems. Those other gems would have all had alliances with other people as well.

We told Yume to get everyone to vote for Mastin, and expected that if the coordination worked out properly mastin would end up with us+our ally, yume+her ally, skybird+her ally, each other gem+ their ally, titus+her ally, and mastin herself all voting for mastin. that's 13 coordinated votes on mastin, leaving like 7 slots or something only who could have voted elsewhere. We placed keeping to the existing plan and the idea that it would result in a single individual with a huge number of votes and a low floor of 1 or 2 votes to prevent scum from being able to hide ahead of switching all votes to titus.

We and Titus had a bit of a miscommunication though, in that we didn't explicitly tell her to vote for mastin, we told her to vote for the conftown, and then she went and conftowned herself and expected us to swap our votes over to her(even though obviously we couldn't swap the votes we had already coordinated), thereby fucking the plan.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10960 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:12 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Sorry I meant flavor and not roles
if you read my posts this makes more sense than me asking for roles
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10961 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:14 am

Post by farside22 »

And rr gave me shit for coordinating with Chara.
I swear rr if you are town this game the amount of hypocrisy I'm going to rant at you for will be endless.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10962 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:36 am

We gave you shit because what you did creates perfect cover for scum to hide under. Without those 5 votes as the floor, all the people who claimed singleton votes on people wouldn't have had a place to hide. Without Titus using her conftown, our plan would have went off perfectly, Mastin would have had like 17 points or something, and we could have tested the people who showed up with low vote counts, and scum would have had less room to hide in and would have had to justify their choices.

There's a big difference between deliberately obfuscating the results of the event while simultaneously decreasing the chance that conftown ends up winning the event and working to ENSURE conftown wins and town gains maximum information.

-Cerb
Show

TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10963 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:41 am

I feel stupid for not catching that earlier

Onwards........
if we are going by the Beach event than we prob should be lynching Almost or RR,,,,, Not sure how much of a good idea lynching either is.
I guess we are working on the premise that the first scum vote on a wagon is .5 the second is 1 and so on. If we are going by that math than both RR and almost are both scum/ Mathematically this is the only way possible .
Honestly this math makes my head hurt....... I think the best conclusion is that Sky lied about voting Martin and someone voted Mastin and did not claim it..... Anyone tell me where I am wrong. Open to suggestions
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10964 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Fuzzy:

PLEASE.. PRETTY PLEASE .. I BEG YOU .. try to READ before you post. You're currently not only playing a totally different game than this one nor even on another site.. you're actually in a different universe in another dimension altogether.

The Beach-a-balooza event is explained within the MOD POST that declared it. Every scum vote is worth 0.5 regardless of whether it's first, second or last (how the hell do you even determine the order the votes were casted anyway??)

A Town vote is worth a whole 1. If someone voted their ally of the day the score is doubled (Scum vote = 1, Town vote = 2). If one votes for themselves it's worth triple/treble (Scum = 1.5, Town = 3). THAT'S IT!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10965 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:51 am

At the beggining of Episode 3, the Event "You... Gonna put on a movie? That'd be nice..." has resolved.
Due to this Event, the following has publicly occurred:
:right: Titus has been confirmed as a member of the Earth (town) faction.
:right: Stress has been reduced to 0 (Neutral).

At the beggining of Episode 3, the Event "Beach-A-Palooza" has resolved and is now taking place.
Due to this Event, the following has publicly occured:
:right: For 48 hours, the game thread will be locked due to this Event taking place.
:right: During this time, all players may submit any target player to star in the 'Beach-a-Palooza' event.
:right: Every time a player is picked by another player, it counts as one point towards the picked player's score.
:right: Every time a player picks a player in an alliance with them, it counts as two points towards the picked player's score.
:right: If a player picks themselves, it counts as three points towards their score.
:right: Scum picks are only worth .5, 1, and 1.5 points, respectively.

:right: If there are any draws, I will break the tie towards the player with more words in their role PM.
:right: It will be revealed how many points each of the top 3 point-winners have earned.
:right: The winning player will have their flavor revealed publicly to the game.
:right: Scum players will have their fake-claim flavor revealed publicly.
Image The winning player will be able to privately select one of three fabulous prizes:
1. One-shot kill immunity, consumed when next targeted by a kill.
2. One-shot Climax-phase investigate a target to see if they are capable of killing a player.
3. One-shot Climax-phase mass-redirect, which causes all other abilities to redirect to the user.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10966 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:58 am

if it was only .5 why did Vasoon just say that

Vasoon
Can you clarify the vote count. Is each scum vote .5 or does each vote worth go up .5 for each vote per wagon
Thanks
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10967 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:00 pm

Honestly I kind of don't care at this point,,,,,,,, I kind of feel like dropping out.....but whatever
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10968 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:04 pm

@almost
I guess Vasoon would go by the order in his mailbox

Stop insulting me and play the game.... If you are town too you will want to win the game and stop insulting other towns.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10969 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:05 pm

Anyways Vasoon will clarify and we can go from there
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10970 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:46 pm

So the first question got an "it would depend heavily upon how the event was worded" response. My question got a "it would depend upon how the role works" response. An alchemy of both questions stated in the correct fashion got an actual response. Good job.

@Fuzzy - Ummm ... it's not actually in question. During the beach-a-palooza event the point were as follows:

Vote for someone else - 1 point
Vote for someone in your alliance - 2 points
Vote for yourself - 3 points

Scum votes counted only as half of that. No clarification is really needed on that.

The problem is this: I'm fairly sure A50 is town because of the reasoning I gave earlier. I
know
we're town. The info we had reported way back when the event finished set up the PoE pools we have. So one of two things has to be true: I'm wrong about A50, OR some co-ordinated lying went on about who was allied with whom, which gave us the pools we've been working with.

I'm working with a piece of shit laptop that literally takes like 10-15 seconds for the letters to finish appearing after I type a sentence, and ages to load a forum page. I would really appreciate it if someone can snag the original set of data. The worst possible thing that could happen after we handle the guilty Farside handed us today would be to simply assume no errors were made in that original PoE pool setup and lynch A50 and us in either order and both be mislynches. As I pointed out earlier today ... if we assume there are 2 scum left then they need 4 mislynches and 3 night kills to win. I'd rather not hand them any stupid mislynches because someone has a bug up their ass and doesn't realize we're town and doesn't trust in our reasoning about A50. The only thing that can cause us to lose now is overconfidence and implosion.

~Drixx
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10971 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Fuzzy:

I recall BEGGING you.. PLEAING to you, but I do not recall INSULTING you at all. I don't usually go down that route.

As for the line you emphasized; try reading it in context; i.e. read the 3 points just before it AND add that line and you'd get it.

I mean, it should be obvious that Varsoon only said 0.5, 1 AND 1.5, so are you proposing he meant to tell us we only had 3 scums left at that point (i.e. 4 in total bc we had only lynched SirCakez at that particular point)? Come on, mate.. I know you must be better than that.

Disclaimer: I do NOT harbour grudges nor do I bear any intentions to insult you. I just wish that you paid more attention bc many of your questions, exclamations and assumptions have been explicitly answered, declared or refuted more than once in this thread.

Sorry if my comments/response rubbed you the wrong way. They were not intended to.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #10972 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 10962, Reasonably Rational wrote:...

We gave you shit because what you did creates perfect cover for scum to hide under. Without those 5 votes as the floor, all the people who claimed singleton votes on people wouldn't have had a place to hide. Without Titus using her conftown, our plan would have went off perfectly, Mastin would have had like 17 points or something, and we could have tested the people who showed up with low vote counts, and scum would have had less room to hide in and would have had to justify their choices.

There's a big difference between deliberately obfuscating the results of the event while simultaneously decreasing the chance that conftown ends up winning the event and working to ENSURE conftown wins and town gains maximum information.

-Cerb
Here's a presentation of what you have been doing.

Maybe you did all that to fake scum hunting and look town.
I mean sky voted mastin according to her so scum knew the plan occurring to your theory so......you look just as guilty in my book.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10973 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

To clarify:
- Vote for anyone = 1
- Vote for your alliance partner = 2
- Vote for yourself = 3

Scum votes count as half that much. That is 0.5, 1 AND 1.5 RESPECTIVELY.

If the votes went up then for Mastina to end up with and even number THREE scums must have voted her, which means both myself AND RR are scums. So, lynch one of us and vig the other and the game is over. You can't have an either/or in this situation, as one scum (Sky) would've appeared as a half. 2 scums (Sky + EITHER of us) would still have given a HALF. There had to be NONE (which is not the case) or THREE to end up with an integer.

TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10974 (ISO) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:43 pm

I think we are focusing way too much on the beach event right now and need to go back to basic scum hunting

Honestly I think scum might be using this to throw town off base,,,,,Its a good idea but I think there is too many x factors to get a solid answer

I been trying to play along with my fellow townies and I am getting confused,,,,,,,,Forget it..If I get mislynched I get mislynched. I am determine as anything to get a town win added to my record

@almost
I took it as each scum vote on a wagon went up .5 thus if there were 4 scum the fourth scum vote counted as 2, Okay what you are saying makes sense. It was not that I was not reading it it was I did not understand

My idea that a gem could possible be scum was not disproven. We know the Flavor/role reveal was done in the Gem PT with cut and Paste. This means that as much as it might be unlikely its still possible that info could of been altered.

also I was right about the fake vig claim made by scum.....

RR
I don't think that it doesn't hurt to ask........

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”