Rule Addition Regarding Hiding Identity from Staff

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 12, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Zoraster, can we talk legal precedent for a moment?

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p7096589

Given mods have been reprimanded for revealing hidden alts in games prior, where is the stance of the moderation team on this?

Because "Also, it's worth noting that while staff members shouldn't use their position to try to gain an advantage in a game, their official duties may mean they discover your identity." makes it sound an awful lot like "mods won't go out of their way to look you up but if they happen to be privy to some knowledge that they wouldn't otherwise, fair game?

Like I just want to know what the standard moderation response to "A Moderator has revealed who I am to the other players in my game while I was playing on an alt" will be.
I'm with LLD. I don't think that this is a good rule for the Mafia half of the site.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:02 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'll put together a full write up on why I feel like this is unhealthy for the site in general.

I need to finish up my role PMs before class though so later.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “News”