Mini Normal 1857 (Game Over - Mafia Wins!)

Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Sesq »

Can someone summarize the Kohai thing? I'm confused as fuck ^^;
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 724, TTTT wrote:@iron
I thought you called in sick to work.
why'd you stop posting yesterday?
I did call in sick, however I also own a business besides my full time job, so I drove out at 10AM to make a pick up at a warehouse then came home at 1PM, and then I went to sleep and woke up around 4PM since I hadn't had rest, I woke up because i had set an alarm, but I ended up snoozing till 5PM, and drove out to my office, to meet my partner and ship out items that had been ordered that day.

After this, I got home around 8 PM, tried to watch TV but fell asleep and woke up at midnight, went back to bed at 4 AM, woke up at 7 AM today and went to work as per usual.

I'm not sure when or where I posted on here, but I know I did some reading just didn't have the motivation to make posts, and I think you can go through my post history.

Would you also like to know what I ate for lunch? Some leftover pizza I had ordered on Sunday.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by ironstove »

Anyway, did you read my 712? If so, what are your thoughts on transcend/rb/kohai?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 725, Sesq wrote:Can someone summarize the Kohai thing? I'm confused as fuck ^^;
Kohai overall has a scummy tone, then he keeps promising reads and activity but dodging and declaring V/LA.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 728, ironstove wrote:
In post 725, Sesq wrote:Can someone summarize the Kohai thing? I'm confused as fuck ^^;
Kohai overall has a scummy tone, then he keeps promising reads and activity but dodging and declaring V/LA.
GODDAMMIT i meant kyuoko.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Sesq »

Also I don't think he's faking VLA, it would make more sense if it was just lurking without explanation like a certain *cough* someone
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by ironstove »

On an unrelated note, after ISOing rb, I have this song stuck in my head and playing everytime I see his name or avatar now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVugzSR7HA
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by ironstove »

Yea, I don't have any read on ssbm_kyoko right now... It's kinda weird that half the people in the game call him ssbm and the other half use kyoko,....
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I find it easier to call him the former.

I don't find Kohai's tone scummy but thanks confirming what I suspected. I'm going to ask again, do you guys think he's trying to stall?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by ironstove »

He's not trying because he's succeeding at it.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 733, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I find it easier to call him the former.

I don't find Kohai's tone scummy but thanks confirming for what I suspected. I'm going to ask again, do you guys think he's trying to stall?
EBWOP
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Reread his ISO and it starts sort of going downhill right around his . His feels like a terrible attempt to town tell. I don't believe he didn't know what rb meant after having explained to someone earlier what v/LA means. His feels like fake outrage and an attempt to make people believe he's strongly scum reading Iron. He then quickly follows it up with an awful vote on Iron in . All this without even attempting to understand any of Iron's thoughts and motives.

That being said his town reads feel genuine so I'm not sure but I'm starting to feel sold on Kohai being scum.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Impoetic »

In post 720, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 714, Impoetic wrote:if i did something that made me realistically obvtown to everyone who had previously SRed me where I wasn't until that point, I'm too dumb to figure it out on my own.
It wasn't any one post that made me think "Yeah, she's probably not a lynch today." It was the entirety of the conversation with rabbit that initially got me thinking this way. At first you did look scummy with all the wallposts that looked kinda scum AtE-esque, but the more I saw you post the more genuine it looked. I was fine following fluffy's read based on that since he seems the most town to me now and he seemed the most town to me then. You've done more things to solidify that TR since and I don't think anyone
should
be trying to lynch you today. It's possible that there were scum on your wagon at the time that hopped off because they realized that the town on your wagon were starting to TR you though. So people would get off your wagon whether they were town or not imo. I just skimmed the VCs and only saw Sesq, Kohai, Transcend, and ironstove on you but I could have sworn I was voting you.

Just checked myself, I was definitely voting you for about 12 hrs, mod must've been asleep,
post sinks

It was like page 17/18 and I was convinced by what rabbit was saying about how "scum can't fake interactions that fast" (unless you rehearsed that with rabbit in daytalk PT and I don't see rabbit as scum right now at all), that's like right where I was at.
wait why are people questioning each other on V/LA

is V/LA really actually likely to be intentionally done by scum

because if it is that's lame as fuck lol
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Impoetic »

that quote was a mistake and not associated with the post.

@Kyouko:
i understand that, but I don't feel like I stopped the walls, and I don't understand what changed for people that were
outwardly scumreading me
before and then flipped, because i didn't intentionally change my playstyle as far as I can remember, and even if i did... it seems like something that might be seen as towny by
some
people, but not ALL, and certainly not all of the people who had scumread me for everything up until that point and were therefore not connecting with my mindset; on top of them, some of them should have been somewhat confbiased on top of it. Does this make sense?
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Impoetic »

Like, I can imagine that getting pressure off me helped me not seem hyperdefensive because, well, duh, but there's
also
rabbit's scene, and that seems more concrete than any of the tells you've been describing. Like, they make sense, and i can think of reasons for people to flip, but not reasons substantial enough to convince
everyone
in a pool of players who ALL claimed to think I was scummy before that point. IIRC i have literally no votes on me now. That's like, 5-0. in a short space of time.

No, not all the flips can be mafia; I just think some of them probably are, and I felt like drone was potentially one of the scummier ones.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Impoetic »

Also not being hyperdefensive because of fewer votes is a chicken/egg scenario, because clearly some of the people who unvoted did not unvote for that, and it seems like most of htem claim not to.

There's also an odd consensus on the reasons people have been using for why i'm scum/town respectively. Again, no argument i've seen for either side has been substantial enough to make me think "jeeze, i would connect with this if i didn't have my alignment confirmed to me ahead of time" and "it totally makes sense that there's so little conflict on my alignment."

I guess that's it. Lack of conflict. Everyone agrees. That's not what I've seen in the past, and it could jsut be coincidence, but to me it seems the simplest (possibly too simple) conclusion is that some of the votes are not genuine sentiments.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Impoetic »

*not a chicken/egg scenario but you know what i mean

oh frick i'm quadrupleposting sorry ):

anyway, i wanted to point out that town can sheep logic/be swayed by popular consensus too, and I understand that is a possible scenario. So yeah okay votes can either be town or scum.

I'll have to review it i suppose. Or look up VCA, because I don't think improvising completely is a good strategy. Or just stop and look elsewhere.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VC 1.15
ironstove (3)
: Kohai, Sesq, TTTT
drealmerz7 (2)
: Lil Uzi Vert, rb
Transcend (1)
: ironstove
ssbm_Kyouko (1)
: iamafluffyrabbit
shannon (1)
: Transcend
Lil Uzi Vert (1)
: drealmerz7
NOT VOTING (4)
: Impoetic, shannon, Drone, ssbm_Kyouko

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-10 12:30:00)

I need something new to put here.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

On break at work will reply to Impoetic when I'm off in a few hours but I prefer Kyouko to SSBM for what it's worth
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Transcend »

Okay well my reads are
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by TTTT »

In post 727, ironstove wrote:Anyway, did you read my 712? If so, what are your thoughts on transcend/rb/kohai?
712 was good
Almost unvoted you when I read it
I said before that rb and kohai are in my lynchpool and nothing recent has changed that
I don't have a transcend read.

Were your drunk posts yesterday legit or for lulz?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

hey rb is still my #1 lynchcandidate too

heyall I love you

don't forget I owe you (:

by weds night I said right?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 744, Transcend wrote:Okay well my reads are shit
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 745, TTTT wrote:
In post 727, ironstove wrote:Anyway, did you read my 712? If so, what are your thoughts on transcend/rb/kohai?
712 was good
Almost unvoted you when I read it
I said before that rb and kohai are in my lynchpool and nothing recent has changed that
I don't have a transcend read.

Were your drunk posts yesterday legit or for lulz?
no, they were real.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: rb

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”