Trail Blazer

Post Post #6425 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Firebringer »

i hope this is better than the that.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6426 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 6368, Creature wrote:I thought about voting to draw/abandon the game. The mod will probably request all the players to vote for that. Scum won't want to draw because they're close to winning, so they won't vote. Pretty simple, we'll see who's refusing to vote for a draw and we'll lynch them (note that scum will probably only have one of them to refuse to vote per day).
This is what I want

VOTE: draw
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6427 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Okay, this bullshit has gone on long enough. I have made a change to Rule #18.

Before:
In post 1, Skullduggery wrote:(18) Additional votes include VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day with no lynch (which will also require a majority) and VOTE: Draw to end the game in a draw (which will require 100% agreement from all living players).
After:
In post 1, Skullduggery wrote:(18) Players may also VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day with no lynch (which will also require a majority).
Yeah, that's right. No more Draw votes.

I included this option in my rule set as a means of giving players a way to end the game in a mutually agreeable way when victory is unattainable or, at the very least, highly improbable. If the player list is whittled down to a point where the game is in a zugzwang state (that is, a situation where the best move is to make no move at all), then I'm not going to force anybody to perform an action when performing that action guarantees a loss for their faction. A Draw is better than a loss, after all.

This game is not in a zugzwang state. Not even close. It's Day 5 and there are 14 players remaining.

Voting for a draw is useful in some scenarios, but this is not one of them. It is
not
acceptable to vote for a draw as a means of catching Scum ("Let's all vote for a draw and lynch the people who object!"), nor is it acceptable to try to actively sabotage the game and end it prematurely simply because you don't want to play anymore or aren't having fun or whatever the case may be. The former is unethical and goes against the spirit of the game while the latter is just plain childish and selfish. Since a substantial portion of the player list has decided to abuse the draw-vote option, I am revoking that option altogether.

Furthermore, while a draw may be better than a loss, it is
not
better than a victory. Actively voting for a draw and encouraging other players to do so means that you are not attempting to secure a victory for your team. As such, players who actively attempt to sabotage the game by prematurely ending it in a draw are playing against their win condition.

For this reason, Creature, Firebringer, and Andrius are being force-replaced from this game for, among other things, continually playing against their respective win conditions through unethical use of the draw-vote function.

If you disagree with this decision, I'll be more than happy to talk about it privately once the game has ended. For the time being, please continue to play the game to the best of your abilities.

If you object on the grounds that the rules do not specifically mention that manipulating the draw-vote option is a punishable offense, my response is that it is impossible for me to list every single thing that a player can possibly do to incur punishment. There is a vast ocean of situations where common sense should prevail -- situations in which a lack of common sense is a punishable offense even if that one particular situation isn't specifically listed in the rules. This is one of those situations. Using unethical tactics to gain an advantage in the game is grounds for force-replacement.

As it may take a while to find replacements for three players simultaneously, I am locking the thread and will reopen it once three replacements have been obtained. All lost time will be refunded to the Day 5 deadline. I will notify all remaining players by PM when replacements have been found and the day can continue. If three replacements cannot be obtained within a reasonable amount of time (say, a week and a half), then these empty slots will be mod-killed and the game will continue.

If anybody wishes to replace out, please notify me immediately. Since the game is being paused anyway, we might as well take this opportunity to replace all the players who don't want to be here anymore.

Furthermore, since this has apparently become a serious point of contention for reasons that are beyond my cognitive abilities, I would like to reassure everyone that no, not every player in this game is aligned with the Town faction. That would be fucking stupid. I would never do such a thing since I care about my players more than that, and even if I did wish to run such a setup, no reviewer in their right mind would ever approve it. I will confirm that this game has at least two opposing factions that cannot win together.

Finally, since this is normally the place where a vote count would disprove it, the "day vig" from 6308 is not real.

Please remain patient while I search for replacements. Thank you.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6428 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

MathBlade replaces Creature. Welcome to the game, MathBlade!

Accountant replaces Firebringer. Welcome back to the game, Accountant!

Pine replaces Andrius. Welcome to the game, Pine!

I apologize for the delay, everyone. To compensate, Day 5 has been extended by 24 hours. The new deadline is posted in the vote count below. All "Draw" votes have been discarded.
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6429 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:16 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 5, Vote Count #3

Current Vote Count:

(0)
SirCakez
(0)
Giovanni il Pellegrino
(0)
Maxous
(0)
MathBlade
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Nahdia
(1)
Accountant -- Almost50
(0)
Not Chara
(0)
Ankamius
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(1)
Narna -- Giovanni il Pellegrino
(2)
Almost50 -- Narna, BigYoshiFan
(1)
Pine -- Nahdia
(0)
massive

Not Voting:
Maxous, MathBlade, PeregrineV, Ankamius, massive, Pine, Not Chara, Accountant, SirCakez

With 14 votes available, it takes 8 votes to hammer.

Day 5 Will End on Wednesday, December 14th, at 10 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-12-14 22:00:00)

Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6430 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by Maxous »

that was quick

anyway

VOTE: Almost50

@narna
: target Giovanni 2nite

pls & thx
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6431 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

Alright, fill me in. What should I know? Any claims? Who's scum and why?

(Also if any of you decide it would be incredibly hilarious to tell me that Firebringer claimed such-and-such I'll need a link before I can confirm or deny.)
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6432 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

If the last 10 pages are any indication the last 200 probably aren't worth reading. Am I right or wrong?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6433 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:17 am

Post by Maxous »

03 Giovanni il Pellegrino - even night weak-follower. claims a clear on me N2 and Narna N4
04 Maxous - roleblocker.
11 Nahdia* - Jailkeeper
14 Ankamius* - something with complex mechanics i think. can potentially kill?
18 Narna - psychiatrist. claims a clear on Nahdia and Massive. Notably claimed a guilty on town-Shiro

that's all the official claims i can remember
In post 6431, Accountant wrote:Who's scum and why?
if you can figure this out we'll give you the MVP

i'm voting Almost cause he's been very unuseful and tunneled on town-Titus
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6434 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:18 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 6432, Accountant wrote:If the last 10 pages are any indication the last 200 probably aren't worth reading. Am I right or wrong?
gonna be real,not a whole pile is worth it.

read the start of Day 3 - that's prolly the most important part
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6435 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:31 am

Post by MathBlade »

Gut read whileni can't sleep. SirCakez Narna Massive scum.

Will explain after work tomorrow.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6436 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6433, Maxous wrote:03 Giovanni il Pellegrino - even night weak-follower. claims a clear on me N2 and Narna N4
04 Maxous - roleblocker.
11 Nahdia* - Jailkeeper
14 Ankamius* - something with complex mechanics i think. can potentially kill?
18 Narna - psychiatrist. claims a clear on Nahdia and Massive. Notably claimed a guilty on town-Shiro

that's all the official claims i can remember
In post 6431, Accountant wrote:Who's scum and why?
if you can figure this out we'll give you the MVP

i'm voting Almost cause he's been very unuseful and tunneled on town-Titus
Nadhia* Fuck Autocorrect

I think Narna is town.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6437 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:35 am

Post by Not Chara »

Shiro the rolecop said Cakez was likely town.
Narna scum requires Giovanni scum, he claimed a Weak clear on Narna.

pedit: Nahdia is the correct spelling, and so you've seen the claims, good.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6438 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6437, Not Chara wrote:Shiro the rolecop said Cakez was likely town.
Narna scum requires Giovanni scum, he claimed a Weak clear on Narna.

pedit: Nahdia is the correct spelling, and so you've seen the claims, good.
No it doesn't. It requires Giovanni busdriven or Giovanni liar or some kind of other effect.

This game is bastard we have yet to see the bastard components therefore we must focus less on roles and more on reads.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6439 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:44 am

Post by Not Chara »

Giovanni lying means Giovanni scum. busdriven Giovanni requires a busdriver no one has seen any evidence of.
all investigatives so far have their results returned properly with names, and while this game is bastard due to certain mechanics i very much doubt we would be being purposely mislead with how night results are worded, by an experienced mod who just made the long post above.

aside from that, i just wanted to make sure you had the investigations and such taken into account.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6440 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6439, Not Chara wrote:Giovanni lying means Giovanni scum. busdriven Giovanni requires a busdriver no one has seen any evidence of.
all investigatives so far have their results returned properly with names, and while this game is bastard due to certain mechanics i very much doubt we would be being purposely mislead with how night results are worded, by an experienced mod who just made the long post above.

aside from that, i just wanted to make sure you had the investigations and such taken into account.
Let's assume what you say is true.

Then what is bastard about this game?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6441 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:53 am

Post by MathBlade »

It looks like this game is specifically designed to avoid setup spec and brutally penalize people who try to play it as a puzzle rather than mafia.

Giovanni voting Narna now is of interest to me however.

Ank and Almost 50 go on my WTF list FYI
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6442 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:54 am

Post by Not Chara »

i've no idea.
In post 1, Skullduggery wrote:(35) Although this is a bastard game, I can promise a few things:
I will never intentionally mislead you or flat-out lie to you about anything.
If you ask me a question, I will answer you truthfully.
All of the information contained in your role PM is trustworthy. Your role functions as described.
i'm simply going by the first post. any more is unsupported setup speculation, such as my belief that Frisk can switch alignments, or something to that nature.

pedit: Giovanni voting Narna and saying such things as "if Narna flips scum", are what make me think both being scum is a good possibility. that and Giovanni only getting a pass because of his Weak claim.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6443 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

I will keep it in mind as I go further on in my analysis but I don't see why Narna as scum would fake a guilty. An innocent sure as when I was scum in 1800 we had a buddy fake an innocent.

However Narna's guilty and saying they had a guilty more than likely implies that Narna probably targeted a different slot (guessing Ank based on how his play changed).

Faking a guilty is dumb for scum when behind and even dumber when they are rampaging like this. I don't see scum faking a guilty here especially when they could have just bussed Narna.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6444 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

Give out a real innocent*
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6445 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Not Chara »

'when they could have just bussed Narna'. if Narna is scum, he's already caught, so him faking a guilty to get a townie lynched (which worked, i might add) is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6446 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 6445, Not Chara wrote:'when they could have just bussed Narna'. if Narna is scum, he's already caught, so him faking a guilty to get a townie lynched (which worked, i might add) is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.
No. Narna was a wagon just like before. Narna was one shot governed by town. If Narna had a guilty and was looking to save their ass why not do it then?

Faking the guilty on Shiro was even more dumb because Shiro was a claimed Miller. I would have ignored the guilty as town derp on Narna's part and see if Shiro deserved the votes he had.

If Narna is scum though then SirCakez is almost conf scum levels of bad for the attempted bus.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6447 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

Like no scum have been lynched so far. So assuming dumb scum is unlikely.

I am going to try to sleep again good night.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6448 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: narna
He still has yet to offer an explanation for how his "guilty" worked considering shiro was town
And that overrules a weak clear imo
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Giovanni il Pellegrino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6449 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Giovanni il Pellegrino »

UNVOTE:

No more Narna wagon now.
pedit: Giovanni voting Narna and saying such things as "if Narna flips scum", are what make me think both being scum is a good possibility. that and Giovanni only getting a pass because of his Weak claim.
When did I say that? On I actually explained my vote as best as I could. I don't doubt Narna is Town.

If you are refering to , then you took it out of context. The "If narna flips scum" line was not me doubting Narna's alignment. It was a response to Andrius adamantly believing that Narna is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”