Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Transcend »

I'm on like page 4 btw
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

I think I agree that constraining scum's fakeclaims later is a good idea, though. So: I got three cards.

I'm also idly wondering if we should claim something else to make fakeclaims harder - say the remainder of the sum of our card ranks divided by 13. Probably more trouble than it's worth.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by gerryoat »

I told you what happened in mafia chat, transcend lol
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 321, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 177, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: Vifam

This seems okay. I don't buy that he didn't bid, set-up talk is fine considering this isn't a normal game, and his theory about those voting for Maria doesn't make sense.
Why would scum lie about not bidding?
In post 252, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Titus: Nope, got everything I wanted. I'm really not comfortable with giving out and talking about information that scum don't need to know though.

@Giga: I just don't buy why he didn't try. I guess it's more anti-alignment if anything but it still pings me.
If you aren't comfortable with talking about this information, why do it?

VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert - the Vifam vote looks like it's a convenient attack, not the result of thinking "is this a thing scum would do?". Claiming but saying you don't want to is trying to fit in/look good. In his last post, saying he "believes" the scum has a daykill feels a bit off... smells like scum not wanting to appear too knowledgeable about scum mechanics.

Is there a reason people are claiming how many cards they missed out on? I can't immediately see the point (though I also can't see any problem with it).
There seems to be a misunderstanding on why I voted. I'm not voting because I necessarily SR him. A few things he posted pinged me and I wanted to talk about those things with him. I didn't see a reason not to bid but I guess looking back now he may have been confused about the set-up as he thought this game was based on Yu-Gi-Oh! so he might have just said screw it.

As for why I claimed, I realized that this game isn't going to be played how I imagined it would be and that this is going to be the course of discussion for a while. I do acknowledge why I'm not comfortable talking about it in
in hopes that those who haven't claimed, won't. I said I believed because I haven't looked in the OP since the game started so I'm not sure.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 328, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 321, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 177, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: Vifam

This seems okay. I don't buy that he didn't bid, set-up talk is fine considering this isn't a normal game, and his theory about those voting for Maria doesn't make sense.
Why would scum lie about not bidding?
In post 252, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Titus: Nope, got everything I wanted. I'm really not comfortable with giving out and talking about information that scum don't need to know though.

@Giga: I just don't buy why he didn't try. I guess it's more anti-alignment if anything but it still pings me.
If you aren't comfortable with talking about this information, why do it?

VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert - the Vifam vote looks like it's a convenient attack, not the result of thinking "is this a thing scum would do?". Claiming but saying you don't want to is trying to fit in/look good. In his last post, saying he "believes" the scum has a daykill feels a bit off... smells like scum not wanting to appear too knowledgeable about scum mechanics.

Is there a reason people are claiming how many cards they missed out on? I can't immediately see the point (though I also can't see any problem with it).
There seems to be a misunderstanding on why I voted. I'm not voting because I necessarily SR him. A few things he posted pinged me and I wanted to talk about those things with him. I didn't see a reason not to bid but I guess looking back now he may have been confused about the set-up as he thought this game was based on Yu-Gi-Oh! so he might have just said screw it.

As for why I claimed, I realized that this game isn't going to be played how I imagined it would be and that this is going to be the course of discussion for a while. I do acknowledge why I'm not comfortable talking about it in in hopes that those who haven't claimed, won't. I said I believed because I haven't looked in the OP since the game started so I'm not sure.
EBWOP
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by gerryoat »

what happens if you have a godfather card and a miller card. asking for a friend
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 326, Fishythefish wrote:I think I agree that constraining scum's fakeclaims later is a good idea, though. So: I got three cards.

I'm also idly wondering if we should claim something else to make fakeclaims harder - say the remainder of the sum of our card ranks divided by 13. Probably more trouble than it's worth.
I am looking into that, but I am not so sure yet. It depends on what we draw from this round. Setup cracking is kinda my thing. I am working on each set of data prepping for the next.

Lil, I suppose you have a full set?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Okay now that I understand why we're claiming, couldn't scum just make up bullshit reasons for picking cards that could be considered anti-town?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Transcend »

Btw

I random.orged my cards

I got all 3!

Anyone else?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 330, gerryoat wrote:what happens if you have a godfather card and a miller card. asking for a friend
First, check if they are capable to be activated at the same time. Unless otherwise specified, millers and Godfathers only activate when their rank/suit is flipped.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 334, Titus wrote:
In post 330, gerryoat wrote:what happens if you have a godfather card and a miller card. asking for a friend
First, check if they are capable to be activated at the same time. Unless otherwise specified, millers and Godfathers only activate when their rank/suit is flipped.
its joke.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Okay guys, I lied. I got ALL 3 cards. and they are STRONG cards. Mafia you should be SCARED of me. I would advise you to KILL me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 332, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Okay now that I understand why we're claiming, couldn't scum just make up bullshit reasons for picking cards that could be considered anti-town?
They could, but we're not fullclaiming today. We are solely claiming if we got out 3 picks or not for now.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I just checked, they're capable of being active at the same time
Best guess: they cancel out and do nothing
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

8 of diamonds 9 of diamonds
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 336, gerryoat wrote:Okay guys, I lied. I got ALL 3 cards. and they are STRONG cards. Mafia you should be SCARED of me. I would advise you to KILL me.
Please don't wifom if you got all cards. Ty.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Titus »

Mod: What happens if a deck card is a diamond and a player has both a miller and a Godfather?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by gerryoat »

imagine getting no cards. If I got no cards I'd feel like a loser lol.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 324, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: still deciding how i feel about uzi in all honesty but he's not a bad vote
waiting until everyone has checked in and read a good amount but I agree, not looking like a bad place to push more
until more have said more

UNVOTE: Creature
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

that's 2 separate lines - here's a better edit

EBWOPed:
In post 343, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 324, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: still deciding how i feel about uzi in all honesty but he's not a bad vote
waiting until everyone has checked in and read a good amount but I agree, not looking like a bad place to push more

until more have said more:

UNVOTE: Creature
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 331, Titus wrote:
In post 326, Fishythefish wrote:I think I agree that constraining scum's fakeclaims later is a good idea, though. So: I got three cards.

I am looking into that, but I am not so sure yet. It depends on what we draw from this round. Setup cracking is kinda my thing. I am working on each set of data prepping for the next.

Lil, I suppose you have a full set?
I got all 3.
In post 337, Titus wrote:
In post 332, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Okay now that I understand why we're claiming, couldn't scum just make up bullshit reasons for picking cards that could be considered anti-town?
They could, but we're not fullclaiming today. We are solely claiming if we got out 3 picks or not for now.
I know but I mean it seems like it would be very easy for one to claim they didn't understand the extent of how anti-town their card is.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 333, Transcend wrote:Btw

I random.orged my cards

I got all 3!

Anyone else?
Hmmm

VOTE: Transcend
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Vifam »

In post 342, gerryoat wrote:imagine getting no cards. If I got no cards I'd feel like a loser lol.
I was honestly hoping for that
ok
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Titus »

Unless we massclaim, we deal with it later. There is no universal standard beyond hated/millers/ninjas and the like claim when they are in play.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 347, Vifam wrote:
In post 342, gerryoat wrote:imagine getting no cards. If I got no cards I'd feel like a loser lol.
I was honestly hoping for that

If vifam got no cards, we'd know three roles definitely in play.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”