grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11175 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by grapes »

We have like 3ish days. Maybe a creature flip wakes up half the game and we start curing some of this apathy but a mislynch is a mislynch.

I'd really like for some people to refresh on shadow and shiro as well.

The number one reason why I think a lot of you are writing off shadow is because he would have to be a goon or w/e. But the utility of a goon that can confirm itself as goon is right in the name.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Creature »

lol TFL would be lynched after me.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Creature »

Doubt town would wake up after they mislynch someone tunneled since Day 5.
Sigh
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Shiro:

Fuzzy, Creature, farside, Shadow. I'd vote ant of these 4 the Town agrees to lynch. HOWEVER, Mastina's currently on Creature, while MoI, RR & random are not voting.

Furthermore, all 3 "other lynch candidates of mine" are voting Shadow, so wither his own scum p is bussing or he is not scum to begin with, and considering Shadow is actually my #4 lynch preference anyway I doubt I could be swayed to vote him today unless 3 of Mastina, MoI, RR & random agree to lynch him (in which case my vote wouldn't be needed as he is currently @L-2 I believe)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 11177, Creature wrote:Doubt town would wake up after they mislynch someone tunneled since Day 5.
We will. Kraska lynch is what woke me up. That and taking a vacation from this game for a week or so.

Shadow scum flip gives you a town-case, though. Which is about the same result except we don't waste a mislynch.

I'm just terrible at explaining reads sometimes.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Creature »

Damn these preflip associations.
Sigh
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by grapes »

Preflips are the shit if know what you're doing.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 11178, Almost50 wrote:Furthermore, all 3 "other lynch candidates of mine" are voting Shadow,
See like this kind of preflips are the ones I try and stay away from because it assumes you're right about too many things.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by grapes »

Random challenge time:

Someone who can iso shiro and quote a post where he's gamesolving will have my vote proxy'd to them until endgame.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I'm confused why we're passing up a confirmed guilty. I mean to be super fair, our plan was to have Fuzzy prove his claim using an impossible to avoid/block/dodge/protect shot targeted at Shadow, specifically because Shadow is the one slot we were most worried about when we considered the game state. It probably doesn't matter which way it happens ... just concerned that Creature appears to be squirming out of not only basically everyone scum reading him but ALSO what I read as a guilty (granted, that came from Farside and there's questions there but... I see absolutely no up side to giving a fake guilty regardless of what Farside ultimately ends up really being).

Am I missing something on that front?

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by grapes »

My understanding was that farside blocked creature and there wasn't a scumkill. I don't get how that's a guilty, particularly in this setup. Or why a scumteam with creature on it would have him submit the kill -- but that's more of an aside.

If farside's bulletproof, there's an explanation for why the kill's missing that isn't because he was roleblocked.
There have been other nights without a scumkill iirc.

Also, thought shadow was pretty high up on your poe?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by grapes »

Right now we're idling afraid to step into an interesting chapter of this game. I understand that fear.

We're taking the safe way out and just shoving through a lynch on a lynchbait player because there's a "guilty" and letting the game drive itself which is one a shame and two hurting not only our chances to win but the game as a whole.

Maybe I'm wrong. Heck, the thought that shadow/creature could be a bus popped into my head once or twice but I doubt it.
Tinfoiled a bit earlier about fuzzy just being an SK. Which would explain the lack of scumkill for real because he'd probably be bp if sk and I can see scum shooting a claimed vig who cc'd scum more than a leftover/point person or w/e farside actually is; this would also explain why people are pushing him despite producing a body.

I dunno maybe I suck but even if creature's scum who's his buddy?

I refreshed checked some isos after forgetting a lot of things; just decided to chill back and skim/scumhunt the first 1000 posts or so and got some very good clarity like, I dunno just feel really comfortable with my reads at present.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11187 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Farside said she misunderstood her thing and that she DOES stop factional kills, so I concluded that her calling Creature out as having been blocked by her plus her confirming that Varsoon said she blocks factional kills equated to a guilty. What am I missing in there?

As for having a plan and leading and being proactive, I'll point out again that we actually put forth a proactive plan to address all the possible fail points. Lynch Creature, force Farside to prove her claim (or eat rope), force fuzzy to confirm vig shot (or eat rope) with vig shot empowered and targeted at Shadow. I think people are being Naive when it comes to Farside and I don't know how to wake people up out of bad assumptions about her slot. Ideally tomorrow enough people will have the info we need them to have that this hits 100% win probability and we don't screw it up. It's going to depend REALLY heavily on how the scum team was compensated for the game having 8 slots that could never be mislynches with another 2 that could not be if things played out a certain way (copy Titus power to a 2nd person and let them have mod confirm their alignment would make a 9th, and Kraska could have been a 10th in a 3 person LYLO situation, which probably explains the mislynch... I would have a hard time playing active if I was sitting on that ability).

I would feel like the scum events we've seen compensate for that, except that scum have as many missing night kills as they got from events, so that means town was given protection to offset the scum event killing power. So what was scum given to offset the fact that the game began with 8-10 slots they could never hope to get mislynched?

We think the answer should be really obvious. And if you add that to what I've already said today, you should realize why we put the time in to lay out a very specific plan and have Random try and poke holes in it before presenting it to the game at large. I have been tempted to just break our game long compartmentalization of information and just say everything except I think our (Mastin, Yume, us, Titus, Gems) compartmentalization of important info has kept scum in the dark and they've run into several misplays as a result.

I'm hoping that some people, specifically, will read between the lines of my posts today and it will click. I think MoI got it earlier. I hope Masitn picked up on it. If we get our block solid I don't think the scum can kill enough of us to win, even if the thing I'm not saying outright is the case.

~Drixx
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, how about a vote, Drixx? If you vote Creature maybe Moi will hammer. If you opt for Shadow instead I will hammer if I'm still around.

P.S. I hope you do have a plan B in case that thing about Fuzzy doesn't work out as planned.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:18 pm

We always have a backup plan.

VOTE: Creature

I'm sticking to our plan. Plus ... something tells me that Shadow isn't going to eat rope today. But ... he can't dodge a vig shot can he?

~Drixx
Show

TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

So I guess if creature gets lynched I am suppose to vig shadow...I am okay with that. I am not sure creature is scum however.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11191 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:32 pm

In post 11190, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:So I guess if creature gets lynched I am suppose to vig shadow...I am okay with that. I am not sure creature is scum however.
Ideally you consent to Farside breaking her alliance with you and she gets her points and win before she does something to cost us the game.

Did you ever clarify WHEN your vig shot refreshes?

There's also a strong reason to have you shoot Shadow tomorrow but it's your gun.

~Drixx
Show

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11192 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Creature »

In post 11187, Reasonably Rational wrote:Farside said she misunderstood her thing and that she DOES stop factional kills, so I concluded that her calling Creature out as having been blocked by her plus her confirming that Varsoon said she blocks factional kills equated to a guilty. What am I missing in there?
farside22 gained two points.
One for her succesful action on me.
One because someone targeted her, but who?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11193 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Post by Creature »

What if one of us claims whether we targeted farside22 or not?
Sigh
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11194 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:14 am

In post 11193, Creature wrote:What if one of us claims whether we targeted farside22 or not?
I am pretty sure I know or have a very solid guess at what everyone in the game does. If I knew of a way to get enough people to target her to make her prove her claim, that would have been may plan.

As far as trying to say someone else was the shooter ... do you know something we don't? I mean ... MoI opened up after Farside gave the info by asking if any other slot could have prevented a NK, and nobody could, which basically meant that Farside blocked you (She called this noisy ascetic earlier so I think it's automatic and she knows who targets her? Forgive me if this is off; I lost a great deal of my notes with the great water into running computer event of November 2016), and then she came in and clarified that her block could indeed stop the NK. The math seems really simple.

What am I missing? Help me out here.

~Drixx
Show

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #11195 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:31 am

Post by farside22 »

Some players are skimming my post I see.
My rb doesn't not stop factional kills.
I said that 3 fucking times.
When I'm targeted to blocks everything including kills.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11196 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Is that L-2 or L-1 on Creature? I want to vote there
@RR can you check the PT when you get a chance, gonna write some stuff in there.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11197 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Creature »

L-1
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #11198 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Creature »

Alliances?
Sigh
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11199 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:30 am

Post by grapes »

In post 11193, Creature wrote:What if one of us claims whether we targeted farside22 or not?
I don't think anyone's going to claim that.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”