How to catch up

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:44 am

Post by callforjudgement »

I skimread the entire thread, and then skimread each ISO individually. If something catches my eye, I look at it in depth, but I prefer not to read posts really thoroughly at the catchup stage (and doing that for every post is a waste). I can do that if someone asks my opinion on a particular post, or if I decide something needs more investigation (but in the latter case I'll normally ask a relevant player a question about it first,
then
reread it in depth; you don't want to leave the other players hanging too long).

Note that this changes slightly if you replace in to a widely scumread slot. If the priority is saving the slot rather than catching scum, you probably want to claim the instant you get your role PM (assuming you're actually town; if you're scum, pretend you didn't immediately get the replace-in PM and scour the thread for claims / talk to your scumbuddies if you can, first), then write your thoughts in the thread as you catch up. This is hard to fake as scum, which is precisely why I do it as town in a scumread slot. As scum, there's the choice of trying to fake it anyway, or of omitting it and hoping that nobody knows my meta too well. (I do find it hard to save a scum slot that's widely scumread when I replace into it, though, especially because often the slot can correctly be scumread off my predecessor's actions. I've had good success as a scum replacement, but only when the previous holder of the slot wasn't widely suspected at the time.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”