Strategically play or tactical play?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you play Tactically or Strategically?

Strategic.
44%
Tactically.
56%

Total votes: 18

Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 2, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1, Gamma Emerald wrote:Depends on my alignment.
3p?
Strategy, probably. I think scum in general think more long term (and should in private) because their wincon is long term. A town can win in like 3 days by lynching scum so they've got to look at the game 'in the moment'.

For 3rd party, I don't think there's a proper way to play it. Survivor is basically as long term as can be, SK is independent to person. Like for example, as SK I'll question if I even WANT to make a kill (actually I've done this as scum...) because I don't want the conversation to towards to why the second kill exists. Instead of this long-term plotting of "who has to go because they're a threat to us winning", I'm thinking of whether it even makes sense for me to bring attention to myself. Some people like to play SK off as Vig, so I guess gambits in general are more tactical.

The end-all is scum won't take a risk that gets them exposed a day from now or so. They're in it to win and they'll make plays that fit when they can win.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Yeah I was thinking similarly initially and answered in a broad concept. I think the better 'combined' metric is risk vs reward since it still fits the criteria (a townsperson is going to be a bit riskier than scum early due to not lying and such)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”