Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 90, Tywin Lannister wrote:Also: meta sucks. It's lazy and bad play without a clear substantial pattern over many games, and even then, any half decent player can switch things up regardless of alignment knowing so many people on these forums think meta is useful. Unless they're a robot, then anyone can easily change their meta every game.

I see people use meta constantly in this forum and ice never understood why.
Meta sucks but there are a good group of players on this site that just become impossible to read without it. It's been more useful for me lately.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 95, Raskolnikov wrote:I actually think keyen could be scum here
Why?
In post 96, Raskolnikov wrote:Keyen say something interesting so I can judge it.
This feels odd, I can put my finger on why though.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

For future reference, this is why you don't timewarp.
deranged and incoherent
?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 152, Raskolnikov wrote:For future reference, this is why you don't timewarp.
Huh?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Tywin Lannister »

In post 130, gerryoat wrote:
In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 119, gerryoat wrote:Okay, I think we're out of that dumb phase, we can start playing the game now congrats everyone
VOTE: Gerryoat
This is a bad vote because you've played with me enough to know I say this every game. Did you finally flip maf and trying to push a vote, despite knowing that this is something that I regularly say?
@Everyone: Remember when I said that meta sucks and gave reasons why? Look at this guy ^. This is a guy that knows his meta and so uses it as a defense. He clearly thought this through beforehand.

Do we all know why meta sucks now? It allows crap like this to happen.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

It's when you respond/react to things in the past without catching up. In this case that exact question was asked and answered since that post but he missed it.

This one is super minor and I was mostly poking fun but when people actually do it hardcore is when it gets really ridiculous.
deranged and incoherent
?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 154, Tywin Lannister wrote:
In post 130, gerryoat wrote:
In post 127, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 119, gerryoat wrote:Okay, I think we're out of that dumb phase, we can start playing the game now congrats everyone
VOTE: Gerryoat
This is a bad vote because you've played with me enough to know I say this every game. Did you finally flip maf and trying to push a vote, despite knowing that this is something that I regularly say?
@Everyone: Remember when I said that meta sucks and gave reasons why? Look at this guy ^. This is a guy that knows his meta and so uses it as a defense. He clearly thought this through beforehand.

Do we all know why meta sucks now? It allows crap like this to happen.
Yes but this is a minor piece of meta
It's just "I do this all the time what are you talking about"
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

Man this feels like a newbie game lol.
deranged and incoherent
?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 155, Raskolnikov wrote:It's when you respond/react to things in the past without catching up. In this case that exact question was asked and answered since that post but he missed it.

This one is super minor and I was mostly poking fun but when people actually do it hardcore is when it gets really ridiculous.
Yeah that was my bad, I just saw a whole bunch of Gerry talk and skimmed because most of it is probably NAI. I don't see what's wrong with restating your reasoning again though. I may not have understood it you know.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:55 pm

@Gamma Emerald: it's an obvious example of how meta can be used by anyone to twist whatever they want. Yes, this is minor and not AI, but he literally has kept links to his 'meta' to show everyone how 'I always do this' is his thing. He clearly gets questioned on it in other games or who would save that? It just shows how true my statement on meta is IMO. It's an easy excuse for people to manipulate whatever they'd like in their favor. We are supposed to ignore Gerryoat's statement according to him due to his many times of 'always doing this' as if doing it before means it excuses repeating it in an entirely different game.

@Lil Uzi: what makes them impossible to read? Mafia isn't a science anyways. It's a psychological game with lots of manipulation. You really think those great players you mention can't/don't manipulate their meta? Look at GerryOats doing it. Regardless, while some players are harder to read than others, using a bad tool to attempt it isn't really a good thing IMO.

Aside from that little rant, can someone explain the keyan wagon with any clarity besides 'this looks contrived' or 'self-consciousness' as if it is anything other than your feels? That wagon got loaded fast without much of anything worth mentioning. I see a lot of 'I feel like this, I feel like that' without evidence to back up those feelings.

I also see a lot of 'your post isn't worthy, my post is!' Raskolnikov for instance making Lil Uzi apologize. Why are you backing down Lil Uzi? What exactly is wrong with you posting your running thoughts as you catch up? More posts only help garner reads. Anyone trying to shut you down without reason should be suspect.
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:59 pm

In post 157, Raskolnikov wrote:Man this feels like a newbie game lol.
How so? Explain your feels
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What? Can you point out where Lil is backing down?
<Embrace The Void>

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:05 pm

In post 158, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 155, Raskolnikov wrote:It's when you respond/react to things in the past without catching up. In this case that exact question was asked and answered since that post but he missed it.

Yeah that was my bad, I just saw a whole bunch of Gerry talk and skimmed because most of it is probably NAI. I don't see what's wrong with restating your reasoning again though. I may not have understood it you know.
Really? 158. Three posts above yours.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hm. Not a strong scumread but it's better than what I've currently got.
VOTE: Lil Uzi
<Embrace The Void>

Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Hmm. I didn't have it as a scum read at all really against Lil Uzi. Looked inconsequential, but I didn't like Rask's shut down followed by calling the game 'newbie' as an aside. It seems Rask is trying to avoid conversation here, and regardless if the question was about an older post (this game hasn't even been active long enough for that time lapse excuse), what exactly was wrong with the question to shut it down and claim 'this is so newbie' after? Rask said it was a joke, and then called it ridiculous for others to not take it that way.

I find all that to be far too defensive for little reason. Aside from defensive, it has not-so-subtle barbs littering the whole post sequence. Elitism/ego at work, or scum shutting down anything before it starts? If Rask is such a light hearted player who jokes oh so much, then why am I reading it differently than supposedly intended? Maybe the humor is forced? Otherwise, it may just be bad.

Your thoughts Rask?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 146, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 122, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:VOTE: Gear
Voting TwoFace arbitrarily looks bad to me. You should be able to tell that Dave's post is one of someone who is more used to a faster paced mafia environment where random speedwagons are common D1, so he shouldn't be a consideration.
Lol WTF what kind of expectations are these :lol:
Clearly, you should be able to infer from the style of his posting that he is from a faster paced environment, and in such environments speedwagons are more common, so he shouldn't be a consideration for you based on that.
Jesus christ what is this projection do you actually expect this much out of people? :giggle:
Not to mention that even if true that doesn't somehow clear, it would just make the thing nullish.
It wasn't the style of his post, it was the content of his post. Anyone who would say this:
In post 63, PsychoticDave wrote:Either keyenpeydee hasn't been lynched yet because scum don't want to lynch their buddy, or people are being cautious.
One of the two, really...
is clearly is used to an environment where keyen might have actually been speedlynched for no reason. The fact that Keyen wasn't lynched is not because scum don't want to lynch their buddy or because people (town) are being cautious. It should be apparent to everyone involved that the wagon is not going to reach 7 because scum won't hammer town at that point in the game (because it gives them away) and town won't hammer anyone at that point in the game (because it gets them killed the next day). Gear should not have read that post and taken it seriously enough to consider voting Dave for it, he should have been able to tell it was a post indicating Dave's experience, not alignment.

It does make things nullish, that's the point. Gear chose between voting 2 people arbitrarily (according to him) and ended up on TwoFace. However, by choosing arbitrarily he implies that they are equally suspicious, or at least that they are close to the same level of suspicion. Since Dave's post is NAI, the choice should not be arbitrary between Dave and TwoFace. It should be a clear choice of TwoFace unless Gear thinks that TwoFace's vote was also NAI, and if TwoFace's vote was also NAI Gear should be looking someplace else for something scummier or just keep his vote on keyen since it's just random there.

Do you really think it's unreasonable to expect people to recognize what I did about Dave's post?
Tywin Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Tywin Lannister
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:55 pm

I don't infer anything about Dave by his post, which is why I asked him if he believed Keyan was scum. He hasn't answered. Im still waiting. I personally don't care what kind of environment he comes from. All environments vote/lynch who they think are scum, not randomly for no reason. If Dave didn't believe Keyan was scum, why did he say what he did? If he does believe Keyan is scum, what are his reasons?
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 141, gerryoat wrote:
In post 140, -Grey- wrote:
In post 138, gerryoat wrote:
In post 137, keyenpeydee wrote:Why am I scummy? @whoeversaidthat
If you read someone saying you were scummy, how do you not know who said it?
What did you hope to accomplish with that question?
It looks like forced to me. I mean it's not like it's been 20 pages, it's been 6. He could have asked directly, but instead it looked like he was trying to avoid direct confrontation with someone
I'm on my mobile at that time. Your argument on me is invalid.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:57 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

@Everyone, I'm gonna be busy this time. I'll catch up tomorrow and perhaps, read the game again so I could give my thoughts.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:31 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 122, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:JarJar - what makes you pick out TwoFace's vote as the casual one over Vijarada's and mine?
Looking back, I'd say ur right and they all look like they're trying to be casual.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:32 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 126, TwoFace wrote:Vijarda. That was terrible reasons to vote someone. They aren't AI things.
I actually think that's a fine reason to vote someone @ this point in the game.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:34 am

Post by TwoFace »

Ok
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:35 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 130, gerryoat wrote:This is a bad vote because you've played with me enough to know I say this every game.
unprompted self-metaing is scummy.
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:36 am

Post by TwoFace »

No it isn't. Useless perhaps but not scummy
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:37 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 131, gerryoat wrote:His vote on me is bad, but his reasoning isn't bad.
Why is his vote on you bad if the reasoning isn't?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”