Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Vifam »

I'll try and be more active bro I just haven't read most of the game

I'll read the case on Transcend and get back to you guys
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Vifam »

MoI seems like he takes himself super seriously so it's no surprise
ok
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Vecna »

Ugh this is so freakishly annoying.

My Titus case/wagon is not getting any traction because a lot of people just arent really bothered thinking about the setup whatsoever. It should be very apparent to people that have given the setup some thought and that understand the mechanics that what Titus is doing is extremely scummy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1870, Vifam wrote:By under control I mean no one has rage quit yet I think
Nice distancing
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 1875, Vifam wrote:I'll try and be more active bro I just haven't read most of the game

I'll read the case on Transcend and get back to you guys
:up: sounds good
Vecna wrote:Ugh this is so freakishly annoying.

My Titus case/wagon is not getting any traction because a lot of people just arent really bothered thinking about the setup whatsoever. It should be very apparent to people that have given the setup some thought and that understand the mechanics that what Titus is doing is extremely scummy.
i still really do not see the harm in the number-massclaim we did, it limited the amount of wiggle room fakeclaiming scum could get from the fact that there's two of each card which i still think is pro-town. i read and i... want to agree with it? but it just feels like a disconnect from how titus usually approaches this game as town

like i agree that we shouldn't claim if we're the governor (as was suggested earlier) or something, but the PoE pool from the number massclaim for individual cards is way too huge to make any actual use out of, probably even with the information advantage scum have

btw i'd totally be the scum member with the spreadsheet (and i've been theorizing stuff I could do with one as town) and like what we did doesn't really give enough information to work with, knowing 10-15 extra cards doesn't win the game for scum when there's a pool of 104.

personally i want titus to address your case though :/
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Vifam »

In post 1878, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1870, Vifam wrote:By under control I mean no one has rage quit yet I think
Nice distancing
cmon bro
ok
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1851, Vecna wrote:
In post 1699, Titus wrote:
In post 1694, Dunnstral wrote:That's a card flip. It's showing what we get next

Same rank as the gov. Not good. Rank veto or card discard or shuffle the deck if at all possible
But that shouldn't be possible.

Mod: If a player has the queen of hearts, does the heart function activate when a queen of clubs is trump?
Also, after all the card fishing and that fancy diagram I REALLY have a hard time believing a self-proclaimed setup nerd needs to ask the gm about mechanics after the draft has been done. This just screems forced wifom " I HAVENT BEEN IN SCUM CHAT, HONESTLY "
I was asking to be 1100% sure that beta vig was the only card available in play. You're boxed in aren't you?

I find this adorable. The guy who can't follow directions waits days before objecting to any plan when out of mislynches because I keep torpedoing them.

Keep trying.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1862, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:probably the two of us can vote transcend or maria and make it a viable wagon too if you want

although you townread transcend? kraska posted a case that i think made me feel better about the vote
You see, they aren't scum. Not on the list.

Why the hell can't my townreads work together or communicate?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:57 pm

titus can you look at my and tell me who i'm townreading wrong or who you are also willing to wagon
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1877, Vecna wrote:Ugh this is so freakishly annoying.

What case?

You not following directions and whining isn't a case at all.

I basically narrowed it down that scum don't care to lynch in the bottom but want to pursue the top governors instead so...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1806, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
hey rb, creature, vifam, kraska, titus, fishy, dave, and drealmerz

and i guess anyone else that's town

we need to powertown the fuck out of scum, and since giving reads is now a thing everyone's doing this is what i'm at (townreads are ordered, everything else isn't):

Spoiler: Giggles's Reads <3
Strong town
  • rb, creature, vifam
Town
  • kraska, titus, fishythefish, davesaz, drealmerz
Townlean
  • Moi-slot, Vecna
Probably town but I can't really read these people
  • Dunnstral, LUV, Spyrex

willing to wagon due to scumreading/nullreading:
  • Jackel
    MariaR
    Vedith
    Transcend
    gerryoat
    Kison
    Maxous
    Drone
    McMenno

at the moment i think Vedith is the best vote, so if you townread him and are one of the names in large print i'd like to know why and who your alternative is. i would rather focus on a lynch that hits a scummy player with set-up information that supports their scumminess rather than vice versa so keep that in mind.

i'm not too thrilled about the card rig and it's p r o b a b l y from scum (doc disabler, ninja, shit-ton of fruit allergies (and a fruit vendor with jacks!!), and beloved aren't worth opening up a neighborhood until we know who's in that neighborhood so), so i'd be down with autolynching anyone with a 4 of clubs too btw

if two people have the four of clubs, should the one who wasn't able to get their rig through claim? it's not really a hard guilty but it would help POE whoever rigged the deck (although going by just that could suck because derptown could have rigged the deck wrong, not that lynching someone who can't use their role right is a terrible idea)

also i don't even know where in this game i left off so :up: :up:

fishy basically said everything else i wanted to about the setup, although i disagree that spades isn't that bad during the night (it's worse!)
On your town reads, I only object to LUV.

I want Vecna, LUV, Kison, Drone, and one name above me that's not MariaR/Creature/rb, preferably Jackal since that has some support.

That's my acceptable lynch pool today. Is it perfect? Probably not. I'm pretty much townreading everyone else though. That's when Vecna starting moaning, which only reaffirms this.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Titus »

*only object to LUV and Vecna
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:01 pm

How do you feel about Vedith?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1887, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:How do you feel about Vedith?
Town and scum took advantage of his confusion to paint him as the beta vig most likely. I could be wrong there, but I doubt it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Titus »

*beta vig = beta deck rigger
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:06 pm

i mean i know i wrote in-thread that it was probably scum that did it just a while ago, but vecna made me re-think it and the beta deck rigger is actually probably town?

look at the spades-powers and most of the NU/anti-town aspects of it are present during the day. i think the beta deck rigger placed it there to let the jack with the cop power use it tonight

i kind of get what you mean about vedith though but i will probably have to rethink it when i'm freer

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:07 pm

but yeah this is going to be tougher than i thought

i've completely ignored drone though not going to lie

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1880, Vifam wrote:
In post 1878, Dunnstral wrote:
Nice distancing
cmon bro
:)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Titus »

Nah, the beta deck rigger is probably scum. I don't like how Vecna is defending a player he doesn't know when the scum motives are obvious.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:14 pm

but what are the obvious scum motives?

doc disabler and fruit allergies are the only thing that can affect us and there's no doctors available in a Jack-trump night anyway. beloved only comes into play during the day, there's no trackers so ninja doesn't matter

like the more i look into it the more i see the Jack of Heart's cop getting activation with no downside

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1894, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:but what are the obvious scum motives?

doc disabler and fruit allergies are the only thing that can affect us and there's no doctors available in a Jack-trump night anyway. beloved only comes into play during the day, there's no trackers so ninja doesn't matter

like the more i look into it the more i see the Jack of Heart's cop getting activation with no downside
You mean a guaranteed no docs night with a cop card that likely wasn't picked due to the more likely effect of just disabling trackers and watchers? Cmon man.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1881, Titus wrote:

Same rank as the gov. Not good. Rank veto or card discard or shuffle the deck if at all possible

Mod: If a player has the queen of hearts, does the heart function activate when a queen of clubs is trump?
Also, after all the card fishing and that fancy diagram I REALLY have a hard time believing a self-proclaimed setup nerd needs to ask the gm about mechanics after the draft has been done. This just screems forced wifom " I HAVENT BEEN IN SCUM CHAT, HONESTLY "
I was asking to be 1100% sure that beta vig was the only card available in play. You're boxed in aren't you?

I find this adorable. The guy who can't follow directions waits days before objecting to any plan when out of mislynches because I keep torpedoing them.

Keep trying.
If you'd actually had read any of my posts you'd know I hadnt read anything in the thread untill my catchup post after 48 hours or so. Its good to see though that this type of crap is the only defence you have got. My vote aint moving anywhere. No matter, Ill patiently sit here with my vote and wait untill you either bus some teammates or people realize youre full of shit when your "reads" flip town.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1896, Vecna wrote:
In post 1881, Titus wrote:

Keep trying.
If you'd actually had read any of my posts you'd know I hadnt read anything in the thread untill my catchup post after 48 hours or so. Its good to see though that this type of crap is the only defence you have got. My vote aint moving anywhere. No matter, Ill patiently sit here with my vote and wait untill you either bus some teammates or people realize youre full of shit when your "reads" flip town.
Just nightkill me already you pompous...scum.

I am reading your posts, as you'll see that I just don't care to inflate the thread with pointless inane chatter.

P.S. Why are you so invested that the beta deck rigger is town?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:21 pm

and now that i think even more of it

jack of spades is a pretty powerful card in town's hands... so why get rid of it so easily?

shit maybe you're right :/

although wouldn't it be a better plan to pick a weaker spades card, like the 8 (watcher comes into play but is countered by ninja)? the plan is basically to have a doctorless night i'm guessing?

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Vecna »

In post 1893, Titus wrote:Nah, the beta deck rigger is probably scum. I don't like how Vecna is defending a player he doesn't know when the scum motives are obvious.
I was defending his choice for the card that got put on top. Go ahead then, mention any scum benefits whatsoever to putting the jack of spades up there. Also, keep miscontruing everything I say some more. Itll catch up to you sooner or later.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”