Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1898, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:and now that i think even more of it

jack of spades is a pretty powerful card in town's hands... so why get rid of it so easily?

shit maybe you're right :/

although wouldn't it be a better plan to pick a weaker spades card, like the 8 (watcher comes into play but is countered by ninja)? the plan is basically to have a doctorless night i'm guessing?
Doctorless night works, particularly with at least two town bulletproofs in the mix if Clubs is drawn. (I'm proceeding under the theory that both J's of Clubs are town).

The only cards the beta rigger can pick are the cards in his hand. If scum felt compelled enough to discard their other deck rigger, the third card either a) doesn't help them or b) doesn't exist. Scum being backed into this corner is interesting. While we don't know 100% for a fact the deck rigger as scum, that seems to be the more plausible solution.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1899, Vecna wrote:
In post 1893, Titus wrote:Nah, the beta deck rigger is probably scum. I don't like how Vecna is defending a player he doesn't know when the scum motives are obvious.
I was defending his choice for the card that got put on top. Go ahead then, mention any scum benefits whatsoever to putting the jack of spades up there. Also, keep miscontruing everything I say some more. Itll catch up to you sooner or later.
Just did if you were reading.
Guaranteed no doc and highly likely no cop.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

also, other than to rig the deck why would scum take the 4 of clubs? is rigging the deck to stop doctors really worthwhile D1? :/

the tracker doesn't really catch any useful PRs (jailkeepers?? but then they can just join the neighborhood and it's more effective)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:26 pm

i realize i'm waffling hard but this doesn't really make sense from either perspective

unless i'm underestimating the importance for scum to rig the deck
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1902, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:also, other than to rig the deck why would scum take the 4 of clubs? is rigging the deck to stop doctors really worthwhile D1? :/

the tracker doesn't really catch any useful PRs (jailkeepers?? but then they can just join the neighborhood and it's more effective)
If scum have two jacks of spades? This is where long term planning falls a bit. A second Jack of Spades means that diamonds can be vetoed for tomorrow.

It's hard to know exactly what is going on with the scum team, but as of now, they seem to be favoring more mountainous/deny information approach.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:32 pm

Why do we want diamonds tomorrow? For the double lynch?

this seems like an obvious question tbh but i just want to make sure i'm seeing this right. hearts just looks better to me

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Vecna »

Any card that isnt a 2, 6, 7 or 9 would also result in guaranteed no docs, most of them WITHOUT activating any cops.

Scum sacrefising cards to rig the deck has no use unless it activates abilities for them

Also if people actually chose to not pick up the cop cards.....

I wouldnt be surprised if the deck rigger has another J of spades and puts that one on top again to give town 4 cop uses.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1905, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Why do we want diamonds tomorrow? For the double lynch?

this seems like an obvious question tbh but i just want to make sure i'm seeing this right. hearts just looks better to me
That's my personal preference. Now that we know it's out there, let's use it. If we're consistently battling each other, let's see who is right and wrong and we'll have the night phase to reassess.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1906, Vecna wrote:Any card that isnt a 2, 6, 7 or 9 would also result in guaranteed no docs, most of them WITHOUT activating any cops.

Scum sacrefising cards to rig the deck has no use unless it activates abilities for them

Also if people actually chose to not pick up the cop cards.....

I wouldnt be surprised if the deck rigger has another J of spades and puts that one on top again to give town 4 cop uses.
Select a card from your hand (other than this one) and place it face up on the top of the deck. If there is another Beta Deck Rigger alive, only the player lower in the draft will succeed.

That's from the setup. They cannot chain. If they had both J of Spades they couldn't put them both on back to back. The deck rigger lost the spade, as evidenced by the card number growing.

Why are you so invested in protecting that role?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Vecna »

I couldnt care less about protecting the role, im just stating my reasons why im towneading the person that rigged the deck. Ill gladly take any chance I get to discredit your statements however.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Vecna »

Also: 2 copscans > 2 lynches any day
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Titus »

Right, that cop that's supposed to disable all heart tracker watchers... that's not a town thing either.

Dude, the rigger isn't protown at all. Just admit you were wrong or claim scum. There's no doc and no investigatives tonight. That's proscum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by rb »

In post 1877, Vecna wrote:Ugh this is so freakishly annoying.

My Titus case/wagon is not getting any traction because a lot of people just arent really bothered thinking about the setup whatsoever. It should be very apparent to people that have given the setup some thought and that understand the mechanics that what Titus is doing is extremely scummy.
We can policy her later. Being obstinate is making me scumread you more tbh because I know scum Vecna can fake this frustration

Help me out cuh
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by rb »

Cant you guys argue over which cards I have via my crumbing instead of arguing over the deck card no1 gives a fuk about?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by rb »

This game is about me and my ego guys
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by rb »

Im the best.

Or equal best with vifam. Vifam.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by rb »

Same as cowboy bebop im just not gonna lynch vifam until lylo even if hes scum because hes such good entertainment value
Quipla
Quipla
Goon
Quipla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Quipla »

DECK x 42 - TRUMP x 1 - DISCARD PILE x 0

DAY 1 VOTECOUNT #23

Lil Uzi Vert (5)
- SpyreX, Fishythefish, Kison, MagnaofIllusion, Titus
Vedith (4)
- davesaz, gigabyteTroubadour, Jackel98, gerryoat
Jackel98 (4)
- Vedith, Transcend, MariaR, Maxous
Transcend (2)
- McMenno, kraska77
MariaR (1)
- rb
rb (1)
- drealmerz7
Titus (1)
- Vecna
Drone (1)
- Vifam
SpyreX (1)
- Drone
Kison (1)
- Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (2)
Creature, Dunnstral

With 23 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

Deadline is set for (expired on 2016-12-15 18:00:00)
Last edited by Quipla on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:13 pm

VOTE: Vedith

^ a reminder before i go to bed

kraska you never told me why you townread vedith

i'm probs just going to move my vote to whichever of {Vedith, Maria, Transcend} has the biggest wagon for your fyi information but i feel like dave rb and vifam are the only townreads that seem to consider the vedith wagon :?

with a lot of pestering i could probably do jackel but his wagon sucks lol

also why is jackel selfvoting

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Kison »

That was painful. Please stop shitposting. Please? Pleaseee??? You all are making me regret agreeing to join this game. :(

Alright!
SpyreX wrote:Oh kison you're gonna ruffle the feathers extremely hard. I like it but even to me it's kind of brusque.
I thought I was more polite then everyone else calling it out.
SpyreX wrote:Let's parse this the right way you're bringing that old flame back. Help me find some town so we can start a murder brigade
Aight.
Titus wrote:Kison 11 davesaz None Dude gives me the chills, and I have the flu. His relationship with Lil Uzi Vert is just unnatural.
You're being silly.
Titus wrote:Based on the chart above, it strongly looks like there is only one scum max in each group of duplicates.
What makes you so certain scum would not duplicate amongst themselves even once? It's entirely possible they would have done so to throw off this exact line of thinking. That said, I think there are several dupe choices in there that are unlikely to have multiple scum. Will dwell on this a bit more.
Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
@Kison:
What? It most definitely was. You voted for her and explained why without any signs of joking that I and I'm sure everyone else can see in your .
You're being sillier than silly. I think I'd know, mang. I placed the vote. The reasons are obviously zany. I'm surprised you're actually pushing this.
Lil Uzi Vert wrote:As for reads,
I've decided to take a different approach this game and just town hunt.
I did not expect to have such a difficult time but I guess I'm not ready to handle large games. Starting to think this will be first and last large game for a while.
Not trying to find scum.

I will read the two games you posted.

kraska77's is decent.

Maria also admitting to not scum hunting.

Don't agree with Vecna's case on Titus. The narrowing down the card number reveals did is pretty minimal. If scum-Titus wanted to make a play to narrow down power roles, I'd expect something more ambitious. Sorry, just not seeing it.

Not convinced by RB's case on Titus either. Reading him as hyper aggressive town.
In post 1484, gerryoat wrote:I'm the only one not voting, this makes me uncomfortable. Someone give me a case on someone, if I like it, I'll vote them
Another guy who can't be bothered to find scum.
In post 1531, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1313, Titus wrote:I can't see why scum Transcend claims to randomize cards like that.
So you see no possible scum motivation in lying about randomizing his choice (as scum) to explain anti-Town abilities he chose in advance of perhaps getting called out by a Card Cop?

Same goes for Vifam.
This guy gets it.
In post 1722, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MOD - Sorry, replace me. This game clearly needs more shit-posting and I can't be of help in that area.
:(

Alright, for the top wagons: Uzi is still good. I need to try to remember why people are voting Vedith(Cannot keep him and the other two dog avatars straight). Jackel wagon sucks. Would vote Transcend and probably Maria.
rb (1) - drealmerz7
Titus (1) - Vecna
Drone (1) - Vifam
SpyreX (1) - Drone
Kison (1) - Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (2) Creature, Dunnstral
Would like to see these people actually commit to a larger wagon, or at the very least comment on them.

Here's to hoping I don't have to wade through another 25 page mess tomorrow.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:15 pm

@Mod, Jackel is voting Vedith, not himself :P

no clue if there's a fourth voter on jackel though

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Kison »

In post 1918, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:also why is jackel selfvoting
Looks like an error. Last vote I see him making is on Vedith.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Transcend »

No her case on me is just confbias and I'm not even trying this game anymore since she's dead set on me being scum for faulty reasons.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Transcend »

VOTE: LUV

Compelled to just sheep Titus and prodge the rest of this day.
Quipla
Quipla
Goon
Quipla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Quipla »

In post 1920, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
@Mod, Jackel is voting Vedith, not himself :P

no clue if there's a fourth voter on jackel though
Yep, fixed! Was meant to be Maxous voting for Jackel.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”