Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 948, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 947, Nachomamma8 wrote:Gamma, why Creeps over fitz?
1) Creeps distrust of the masons seems scummy, and if he lives to LyLo, based on his current behavior, he's a definite liability
2) Math had a strange switch off of Creeps that makes me think they're scumbuddies
Why do you think that Creeps distrusting masons is scummy when there's no way in hell that he's actually getting us lynched? Your signature is about you getting paranoid of conftown and someone reading you as town as a result so I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect you to understand why scum probably wouldn't push the mason pair here.

Why do you think that Mathblade is scum?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 949, Joshz wrote:he constantly goes for easy pushes. the first thing he does itg is go for tvd. when that doesnt pan out, he goes for eric, the ubernoob. he gets off eventually, but like, eric was obvtown to me, though clearly im biased knowing he was townie. there are only scum reasons to push a supernoob like that, as opposed to a noob of my level who is at least competent. more importantly, literally every post of his was contentless and empty. he did not start any GOOD discussons, or join in in any. #175 is also p bad, the only game ive completed on this site scum delegated to things such as 'x is scum and bonus points who tells me why', aka tricking people into subconsciously analyzing scummy traits of a person and ignoring their actual stance. twiszted was super scummy and nothing has changed my view on that.
This approach makes sense, I'll look out for it.
I think that House is a player that occasionally misses things that most people pick up on (aka Eric's ubertowniness), so the tell is lessened somewhat but I agree that some of his early approaches look pretty terrible; right now, I'm reading through his early approach to Gamma and I don't really like what he's scumreading Gamma for (assuming and wording, neither of which are scumtells in any sense of the word).
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 950, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 948, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 947, Nachomamma8 wrote:Gamma, why Creeps over fitz?
1) Creeps distrust of the masons seems scummy, and if he lives to LyLo, based on his current behavior, he's a definite liability
2) Math had a strange switch off of Creeps that makes me think they're scumbuddies
Why do you think that Creeps distrusting masons is scummy when there's no way in hell that he's actually getting us lynched? Your signature is about you getting paranoid of conftown and someone reading you as town as a result so I don't think it's unreasonable for me to expect you to understand why scum probably wouldn't push the mason pair here.

Why do you think that Mathblade is scum?
My signature happened because the town JK told me to give scumreads that didn't have him and the 1-shot BP in it and I freaked thinking it was an attempt to subvert scumreads on him, when there was no CC to the BPs claim before
He's just "I don't believe you".
Math seems scum because when he reread he had less reads than before.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 107, TwiszTed wrote:Then you should preface your post with the fact it's an interpretation and not "what he meant".
This attack is entirely semantics; not exactly something that I like as a general rule since most people seem to be intelligent enough to realize that the exact words that a person uses doesn't exactly mean that much.
In post 114, TwiszTed wrote:So now you're making assumptions, as well as speaking for others.
This attack experiences a similar "obvious this isn't what's happening" type of thing. I think it's completely possible that House was trying to trip up Gamma at this point; it certainly doesn't seem like they're scumpartners based on House's approach here.
In post 120, Eric Rasputin wrote:
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

Best bet for me ...
In post 123, Eric Rasputin wrote:
In post 122, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 120, Eric Rasputin wrote:
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

Best bet for me ...
Why is Uzi scum?
Reading through the chat and based on my gut, I have a feeling its Uzi ... Although I have no evidence to support it ...
These couple of posts in tandem are pretty awkward; the "best bet for me" seems like he meant something different than the explanation he ended up offering.
In post 130, Eric Rasputin wrote:Now, you're coming off as scummy lol ... There is a high probability that you're not scum ... The mod seems to make all the new players(as in the ones who started their account in Nov) all VT ... So, I dont think you're scum ...
This, however, ends up blowing that out of the water completely; this is a fairly common town slip from offsite since a lot of sites don't rand who is scum and who is town and Eric on a scumteam would know that the moderator didn't rand everyone to be VT since he himself wasn't scum.
In post 140, Eric Rasputin wrote:Just because ... Sometimes you dont need a reason ;) .. All my posts have a meaning and it helps me and not the team ... I am not a very good team player because my style is completely different from the others .... My job is to make my alignment win ... I'll do that even if I have to deceive my own alignment ... And I'm out .. Hope the KP comes soon
I liked this response to House; at the moment, don't really have anything more sophisticated than "seems genuine" but he's forming up to be a fairly strong early townread anyways.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 951, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 949, Joshz wrote:he constantly goes for easy pushes. the first thing he does itg is go for tvd. when that doesnt pan out, he goes for eric, the ubernoob. he gets off eventually, but like, eric was obvtown to me, though clearly im biased knowing he was townie. there are only scum reasons to push a supernoob like that, as opposed to a noob of my level who is at least competent. more importantly, literally every post of his was contentless and empty. he did not start any GOOD discussons, or join in in any. #175 is also p bad, the only game ive completed on this site scum delegated to things such as 'x is scum and bonus points who tells me why', aka tricking people into subconsciously analyzing scummy traits of a person and ignoring their actual stance. twiszted was super scummy and nothing has changed my view on that.
I think that House is a player that occasionally misses things that most people pick up on (aka Eric's ubertowniness), so the tell is lessened somewhat but I agree that some of his early approaches look pretty terrible; right now, I'm reading through his early approach to Gamma and I don't really like what he's scumreading Gamma for (assuming and wording, neither of which are scumtells in any sense of the word).
Me and House don't get along well
First game he tunneled me for parts of Days 1, 2, and 3, wavering his read so he could guage my alignment
Second game I had a read discrepancy he attacked me on, but he was scum so EH
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 952, Gamma Emerald wrote:He's just "I don't believe you".
And what motivation does he have for doing that as scum?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 954, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 951, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Me and House don't get along well
First game he tunneled me for parts of Days 1, 2, and 3, wavering his read so he could guage my alignment
Second game I had a read discrepancy he attacked me on, but he was scum so EH
I don't mind that he was pushing; I mind how he pushed.
I don't really think that he thought that it was scummy that you gave an interpretation of how someone was thinking because you didn't say "this is an interpretation" first.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 955, Nachomamma8 wrote:
It seems like a towny tinfoil hats thing at first, but then I realized he could be scum disguising himself as bad town
<Embrace The Void>

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 957, Gamma Emerald wrote:
It seems like a towny tinfoil hats thing at first, but then I realized he could be scum disguising himself as bad town
So it could be town and it could be scum but you think that it's scummy?
This is the part where you're losing me.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 958, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 957, Gamma Emerald wrote:
So it could be town and it could be scum but you think that it's scummy?
This is the part where you're losing me.
It feels like fake paranoia
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 913, Nachomamma8 wrote:Mathblade, why do you want to lynch Gamma?
Gamma isn't his town self. In the scum game I was recently in 1841 he was a lot different.

He pushed for mason partner immediately and for many claims IMHO way too early. He has done blatant terribad fishing and it just isn't right.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why?

@Gamma

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 960, MathBlade wrote:
Gamma isn't his town self. In the scum game I was recently in 1841 he was a lot different.

He pushed for mason partner immediately and for many claims IMHO way too early. He has done blatant terribad fishing and it just isn't right.
Unfortunately, I'm not really too familiar with Gamma and currently have enough reading to do where I'm unable to take on anymore, so telling me that he's playing differently isn't particularly helpful; do you have any specifics?

I agree that he pushed for the mason partners to claim too early, but don't think that's strong enough on its own for me to want to push a lynch through on it.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In that game I was a watcher and I fished for watcher targets D1 when I knew I might get scumread for it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 962, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm not really too familiar with Gamma and currently have enough reading to do where I'm unable to take on anymore, so telling me that he's playing differently isn't particularly helpful; do you have any specifics?

I agree that he pushed for the mason partners to claim too early, but don't think that's strong enough on its own for me to want to push a lynch through on it.
You DID play with scum!me for a bit once
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 961, Nachomamma8 wrote:Why?

@Gamma
It doesn't feel like he really believes in his paranoia
<Embrace The Void>

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 963, Gamma Emerald wrote:

In that game I was a watcher and I fished for watcher targets D1 when I knew I might get scumread for it
There's a significant difference between the two actions.

There, you asked for watcher targets so you could choose a target better.
Here, you asked for two mason claims instead of one because...?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 965, Gamma Emerald wrote:

@Gamma
Seems pretty weak, especially if this is the big case for your preferred lynch.
Do you disagree?

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 967, Nachomamma8 wrote:

@Gamma
Do you disagree?
There's also Math's 60-0 read change on Creeps
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Nacho I am about to head home after grocery shopping but here is Gamma's ISO from 1841. Note how "jokey" he is and serious he gets at times.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... ct[]=28404

It is like a robot inherited Gamma's body.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 968, Gamma Emerald wrote:

@Gamma
Do you disagree?
Rereading. It is a thing.

And my pronoun is their. Please use it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Driving now back in a bit.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 970, MathBlade wrote:
In post 968, Gamma Emerald wrote:

@Gamma
Do you disagree?
Rereading. It is a thing.

And my pronoun is their. Please use it.
You don't reread and have your reads end up LESS DEVELOPED.
<Embrace The Void>

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 968, Gamma Emerald wrote:There's also Math's 60-0 read change on Creeps
Which is also weak. It's day 1, so it's pretty unlikely that we managed to catch two scum immediately, I don't have a particularly strong scumread on Mathblade in the first place, and it's not like read changes are strong indicators of partnerships.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 972, Gamma Emerald wrote:You don't reread and have your reads end up LESS DEVELOPED.
You don't think that it's possible for people to lose confidence over time?
Or are you making a different point with this?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”