Survivor Mafiascum Rankdown (Properly Dead. Leave it dead)

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Chevre »

I really have a poor gauge on what the Top spots are going to consist of, but I think some people might be disappointed if a huge swath of their characters gets culled without any reference to them at all
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Crazy »

Yeah, honestly, the gradual pace of this thing is the only way I'm going to be able to keep up with this. I'm not at all prepared to start writing meaningful cuts on Top 100 characters. I know I should be more well-read by now, but I'm not.

And, honestly, I don't think it would feel right. Everyone left is at least significant in some way. Doing a mass slaughter of moderately interesting characters wouldn't feel right after we gave all those characters in the 400's actual write-ups.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:14 pm

Post by xofelf »

I'm with Crazy on this tbh. Just chill a bit. Cuts will happen, just perhaps they won't happen nearly as fast as they did at the start, but that is because we're at the point where these are harder and there is a lot more to say about people. I'd honestly much rather have a well-researched cut that is written well and takes a while rather than a rushed half-assed cut simply because nobody has any goddamn patience. Let it still be fun, yeah? Pushing people to do things faster and bitching when it doesn't happen is slowly killing the fun entirely for some and will probably kill the whole thing, so let's not, yeah? I haven't given up on this, I have just been really busy the last week and a half and not in the right mindset to write where it was fair to any of these characters left. Medevac ends in an hour, you may just have a cut from me soon after that too, or before then. Who knows?~
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I *would* like to finish in the next like... couple months though... the pace of this has become such that no one will care about these games anymore by the time we finish
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah like this has been running for 3 months now and there's still 275 cuts to go
green shirt thursdays
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Crazy »

That's a fair point... over the past month we're averaging about a cut every 2 days, at that pace, by the time this finishes we'll be well into 2018.

There's 7 of us, what if each of us just claimed a day of the week that we always post our cuts? Then if someone misses their deadline, then we just skip them for the moment and then they can catch up later? I don't think it should be too unreasonable for everyone to commit to one cut per week, right?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

its worth noting that this was never supposed to be super quick, everyone is just impatient as fuck.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1731, Flameaxe wrote:its worth noting that this was never supposed to be super quick, everyone is just impatient as fuck.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 1732, xofelf wrote:
In post 1731, Flameaxe wrote:its worth noting that this was never supposed to be super quick, everyone is just impatient as fuck.
[extremely what's his name voice] that's a bingo

i don't mind how quick or not quick this goes, I Too want to get to the top 100 since that's where the real interesting shit is, and i'm also not opposed to block eliminations and thresholding. if there's support for the last bit amongst both rankers and observers then i can jury rig something together, finally putting my big vat of election knowledge to something useful
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Drench »

you're a damn fool if you think i'm letting the spreadsheet die though
join your union
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Cephrir »

What if we just like

didn't write 500 word essays every time? that might help
Bartleby the Scrivener
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I dont mind if you guys dial down the explanation a little. We as spectators will probably give explanation enough.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

less words more turds
To be clear: quack
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Fluminator »

In post 1700, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:There's also the factor of people taking their characters getting cut way too personally (which we probably should have seen coming)
It's not like we're rating the actual forum users..
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1728, Cephrir wrote:I *would* like to finish in the next like... couple months though... the pace of this has become such that no one will care about these games anymore by the time we finish
Some of these games are already 2 years old or older, doesn't that prove people won't stop caring about them? :P
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Post by xofelf »

275. Robin 1.0 (kloud1516/xofelf) - Arkham Asylum

Also, could you ship in a new pair of short-shorts for me? I've been running around a lot and I'd really prefer not to chafe. ;]

I have been rather conflicted about what we should do about Robin ever since the Rankdown started. Too far and the mod-run character is beating out legitimate characters played by one person who weren't merely a game mechanic. Too early and that doesn't give kloud credit for the amount of life he breathed into this character that I would not have had time to do on my own for my first time modding. I think this is a rather good place to put him, and I also wanted to be the one to tell his story.

So for those who don't know what the fuck I am talking about, let me tell you a little story about Arkham Asylum, MS's first bastard Survivor game. We had a mod-controlled character. This was my pet project for the game. However, I was well aware that I would not have enough time to fully devote to Robin for the fake slot to actually function how it should and be believed by both the other players, but also the spectators. We also felt that having one of the mods participate in the challenges with players and with tribes was more interference than we wanted Robin to have. Our solution was to ask my dear friend kloud if he would be willing to help out by hydraing with me to run Robin while also spectating. Due to how much of the modding I ended up taking on by the time the game ended, Robin is 90% kloud, and 10% xof. One of the early game challenges was purposefully included to have a penalty so that Robin's inability to vote was not questioned by spectators or unexpected by players. There was also a challenge created to specifically remove Robin from the game at a set point should he still be alive, or a normal one should he no longer be in the game.

Now Robin could have very easily been just a traditional amount of mod fuckery, but not how kloud and I handled him. We both handled PMs and Robin talked to everyone in order to have some influence into their game, but without the ability to vote all he had was words, which often are enough. We made a confessional with themed threads, where one has gifs to represent certain moments, another is purely about alliances and player thoughts, and another is just simply plans. We crafted a story where he's sorta new or is he, it's not really clear? He has very clear plans on what he wants to do and how he is going to make them happen. We made Robin also be a spectator favourite as much as we tried to make him a player favourite. So when Robin is starting to just feel really frustrated and upset by the game stuff and plays the elimination challenge and is eliminated, the spectators cared as much as the players did. Robin was an extremely fun mechanic and character to manage, and it would not have been possible without kloud, but his amazing and highly controversial journey ends here.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:18 am

Post by kdowns »

In post 1702, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 1670, kdowns wrote:
In post 1634, Cephrir wrote:there are multiple better cuts in that game.
To be fair, I could say this about several of the cuts that have been made on me.
I wasnt taking it seriously xD
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Thank you xof you're a trooper
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Snakes »

Sorry for taking so long. It's finals week for me, but I'll have my cut up soon.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:39 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I still love you guys ok
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

In post 1740, xofelf wrote:Arkham Asylum, MS's first bastard Survivor game
I think this takes away credit from Destiny Islands, although that one wasn't intended to be a bastard game
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Snakes »

274. Birdo (Mykonian) - Mushroom Kingdom

Goomba is supposedly experienced, but a nice person. He wants to help me... yeah. As long as you are helping me more then yourself, we have an agreement.

This rankdown hasn't been kind to Mushroom Kingdom. That game had 30 players, and there are only five of them still around. One of them is Birdo and even after rereading the game, I'm not completely sure how Birdo hasn't been cut yet. He's (she's?) nice enough but not one of the bigger characters of the season.

Birdo starts off the game with a storyline of struggling to make allies. The few times she does manage to make allies (Toadette), they're voted out. Birdo floats through the game like this, until a couple of rounds into the merge, she wakes up and realizes that Goomba, the eventual winner of the game, is in the "driver's seat". But instead of going after Goomba, Birdo targets her secret group (though to be fair, they voted for her too). This is a double boot round, so Birdo and her secret group member Toad are voted out.

One interesting thing is that according to Petey, Birdo helped suggest that Daisy get voted out. Even though Daisy was an inactive, her elimination took five idols out of the game so that's cool.

There's nothing wrong with Birdo's character. She had some good strategic thoughts and was a cute presence, but she wasn't that interesting as a character.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by xofelf »

In post 1745, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 1740, xofelf wrote:Arkham Asylum, MS's first bastard Survivor game
I think this takes away credit from Destiny Islands, although that one wasn't intended to be a bastard game
Ah, that's a good point. I suppose I was more going with games that were intending to be from the start.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

273. Ultron (D3f3nd3r) - Conclave

'"Suck it Ultron!" -Zatanna

"I would, but usually I end up biting it off" -Me'

This character is approximately the definition of mediocrity. He kind of existed, didn't have a lot of personality, made only a few allies. He was in danger on his first-swap tribe and never even knew it, then went home on his next tribe, but to be honest I forgot that he actually did survive Adara. There's not a ton of personality in the confessional nor much in the way of proactivity.

Probably the most interesting plotline is him always having a bad feeling about everything, even when it's perfectly fine. It's all... pretty generic, about the most identity he's got is as a vanilla member of his starting tribe.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Crazy »

272. Medli (KingdomAces) - Hyrule

"Is saving someone else's pawn really worth sacrificing your own bishop? Even if that someone else happens to be the queen?"

Medli was someone who seemed to have some struggles building close bonds with her tribe, but who nevertheless put forth a strong effort. This made her easy to root for, and her confessional is enjoyable to read. She also came very close to finding the idol, but Navi beat her to the punch.

Medli was also the victim of a twist that resulted in Korok's two biggest goats, Link and Vaati, becoming exiled and immune. This meant that Korok was left without any easy option, but the tribe as a whole eventually settled on Medli. Neither Link nor Vaati survived a single TC afterwards, and both of them have been cut from the ranking already. Medli also recognized the danger of exiling Link and Vaati, but the rest of her tribe apparently didn't get the memo.

While I thought the twist was interesting at the time, I can't say that it amounted to much. Medli was somebody who could have been an interesting character, but didn't last long enough to have the opportunity. And it's hard to put too much of the blame on Medli herself.

Return to “Frogstar World B”