[EV] Vanilla Multiball

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:36 am

Post by shos »

Hey mith, any chance you can hand over the script or perhaps run it yourself over the variations of this setup? http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=67712
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:30 am

Post by shos »

In post 31, mith wrote:Posting to answer shos' old question:

I may make my script available at some point (I haven't looked at it in a while, and would want to make it more user-friendly). It is only useful for setups with no role abilities, or with very limited (both in number and in options) role abilities. For example here is an example of caluclating EVs with a single Vigilante with the Innocent Child modifier (to avoid fake/counter claiming strategies); a subsequent post allows fake claims but makes some assumptions about both Mafia and Town strategy in the process.

The more significant improvements in EV calculation come with the really small setups that the script isn't useful for anyway (such as 2 Mafia, 1 Vigilante, 2 Townies). It's hard to prove that a particular claim/lynch strategy is optimal, but improvements affect larger setups that can reduce to the small setup.
Cool, never thought I'd get an answer eventually lol ^_^

Since this question came up, I ran ~5 variations of this setup to form the first (?) micro multiball which seemed actually balanced. A few runs were needed to perfect it. Those games were fun to mod!
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”