Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by Garmr »

It's been like half a hour lets answer it.

It allows town to talk and if you don't do it fast enough they will ask why which puts you in the spotlight.

At this point in the game I don't need to take risk if I was scum as I was pretty much being universally town read. If I hammered flubber earlier no one would of bat to much of a eye to it.

So if flubber is scum and I was scum-
I could of jumped on the wagon earlier or not at all. Also flubber wouldn't of called me out for not hammering him yet. Also I could of made some bs reason to put shadow as the lead wagon.

If flubber is town and i'm scum- I could of hammered earlier or just waited for someone else to hammer him and there would of been no pressure on me.

There's no positives for a scum me to wait for a bit and hear out someones conversation.

The fact that anyone suspects waiting as scummy just shows how far mafia scums player base has declined in recent years.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:03 am

Post by Pine »

In post 600, Garmr wrote:The fact that anyone suspects waiting as scummy just shows how far mafia scums player base has declined in recent years.
Truth
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Intent

I'm gonna die tonight anyway
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Pine »

Umm, why.

If you're scum, no you're not.

If you're Town, no you're not.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:10 am

Post by Pine »

Nvm, I forgot about vig/SK/JOAT

Yeah, kill S_S. An anti-scum vig/SK makes me happy.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:10 am

Post by Shadow_step »

vig
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 604, Pine wrote:Nvm, I forgot about vig/SK/JOAT
seriously?
Show

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Pine »

Yeah, I did. Then I considered your statement, remembered which game I was in, and it made sense. I need to stop posting without thinking things through.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Shadow_step »

There isn't a Sk or Joat, why are you pretending.
Show

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Pine »

What

Why would you discount the possibility? All we know is that there is another killing role. The only common Normal roles with that are SK, Vig, and maybe JOAT. We don't know which, and assuming isn't productive.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Read #4

JC please don't tell me I'm the only one to have read that.
Show

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 610, Shadow_step wrote:Read #4

To be honest I didn't know this was a open game till day two.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Idk what happened either.
If the rolecop has a Jk on someone we should lynch them ASAP
Show

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:55 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 600, Garmr wrote:The fact that anyone suspects waiting as scummy just shows how far mafia scums player base has declined in recent years.
You've bastardized why I found your post weird in the first place. It has nothing to do with you waiting.

Re-read my .

Great - now that it's fresh on your brain, I'll tell you again why it was weird.

Your suggests that you declared intent to hammer without having a scum read on Flubber. Why in the name of the mafia gods would you do this as town?

The fact that you've side-stepped why I found it weird, created a straw man ('the fact that anyone suspects waiting as scummy'), and knocked down that straw man ('just shows how far mafia scum player base has declined') shows just how poor people are at debate nowadays. You're trying to debate me on a position I never held and you're declaring yourself the winner because you knocked down a straw man of your own making.

Stop that.

You're embarrassing yourself.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:14 am

Post by Pine »

In post 611, Garmr wrote:
In post 610, Shadow_step wrote:Read #4

To be honest I didn't know this was a open game till day two.
I didn't know it was an open game until you just told me it was an open game.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 613, nn30 wrote:
You've bastardized why I found your post weird in the first place. It has nothing to do with you waiting.

Re-read my .

Great - now that it's fresh on your brain, I'll tell you again why it was weird.

Your suggests that you declared intent to hammer without having a scum read on Flubber. Why in the name of the mafia gods would you do this as town?

The fact that you've side-stepped why I found it weird, created a straw man ('the fact that anyone suspects waiting as scummy'), and knocked down that straw man ('just shows how far mafia scum player base has declined') shows just how poor people are at debate nowadays. You're trying to debate me on a position I never held and you're declaring yourself the winner because you knocked down a straw man of your own making.

Stop that.

You're embarrassing yourself.
...... The bit you quoted was the original argument against me by flubber and PP and the fact you didn't realize that is kinda sad. So please stop embarrassing yourself.

Since your newbie I will cut you some slack because it's a concept you may of not grasped yet.

Look I am not able to get my scum read lynched today and a no lynch is bad for town.
The wagons are
a town read who's been a bit suss with the new slot but still in the town sphere
and
a null read who has claimed vt

Do you know what a compromise lynch is?

It's when you can't lynch who you want to but want to avoid a nolynch. Look at past games they are everywhere on mafia scum.

A null read can be either town or scum and with a vt claim i'm not really losing out on anything or risking lynching a power role. If flubber lynch scum that's awesome and a win for me If I lynch a vt that's a shame but I get rid of a uncertainty which may lead to a mislynch in mylo and is a better play for me.

town reads are what you want around Null reads especially those who stay in null territory like flubber are risks and scum reads are bigger risks.
Preferably you want to get rid of the bigger risks but if that is unlikely near the end of a day it's perfectly acceptable to compromise on a smaller risk.

Also that's one of the reasons why it's viable for vigs to shoot people they are null reading instead of just their scum reads.

I think you have the mentality that a null read is a potential town read instead of a risk.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:43 am

Post by nn30 »

1) If it wasn't directed at me, I don't know why your reply (which was directed at me) included it.

2) Stop being insulting. It makes the game significantly less fun to be in. I appreciate the attempt you've made at teaching me your point of view, but I'd appreciate in the future if you took the opportunity to attempt to teach me without also taking the opportunity to insult me.

3) I understand exactly what you're saying with a compromise lynch. The post I had a problem with indicated nothing about a compromise lynch - so I'm now forced to believe you when you say that that was the intention. Your insulting me is not leading me to trust you on this matter.

Fin.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

I have read up and i dont see a convincing arguement against the Flubber wagon. Flubber is at L-1 and i think S_S is likely a better bet for town than Flubber. Are we stalling out on the wagons? We seem to be split and are heading nowhere. I understand the S_S slot seems scummy because of TB but i think he has done a decent job bringing the slot back.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:19 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 617, Secret Agent Jin wrote:I have read up and i dont see a convincing arguement against the Flubber wagon. Flubber is at L-1 and i think S_S is likely a better bet for town than Flubber. Are we stalling out on the wagons? We seem to be split and are heading nowhere. I understand the S_S slot seems scummy because of TB but i think he has done a decent job bringing the slot back.
Presumably Garmr has intent. He'll get to it.

Do you also think that TB/Shadow is a better lynch today? I can't tell for sure based on your post.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 618, nn30 wrote:
In post 617, Secret Agent Jin wrote:I have read up and i dont see a convincing arguement against the Flubber wagon. Flubber is at L-1 and i think S_S is likely a better bet for town than Flubber. Are we stalling out on the wagons? We seem to be split and are heading nowhere. I understand the S_S slot seems scummy because of TB but i think he has done a decent job bringing the slot back.
Presumably Garmr has intent. He'll get to it.

Do you also think that TB/Shadow is a better lynch today? I can't tell for sure based on your post.
I think Flubber is a better lynch. I think Shadow has redeemed some of the damage TB did.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 616, nn30 wrote:1) If it wasn't directed at me, I don't know why your reply (which was directed at me) included it.

2) Stop being insulting. It makes the game significantly less fun to be in. I appreciate the attempt you've made at teaching me your point of view, but I'd appreciate in the future if you took the opportunity to attempt to teach me without also taking the opportunity to insult me.

3) I understand exactly what you're saying with a compromise lynch. The post I had a problem with indicated nothing about a compromise lynch - so I'm now forced to believe you when you say that that was the intention. Your insulting me is not leading me to trust you on this matter.

Fin.
1.Lumping you in just in case you go that route.

2.You tried to be smart ass with me in the post so I copy and pasted one line and refrained from being a smart ass after that.

3. Because what else can it be nn30? It should of been obvious that it was a compromise lynch from the start. Flubbers a null read and My scum read (now two) is not going to be lynched today. It's near the end of the day with not much time left. No offense NN30 but I feel like I shouldn't be having this conversation with anybody because you should of been able to see that it was a compromise lynch a mile away and that annoys me. Also your original argument was no town should declare intent to hammer on a none scum read now you got a reasoning why town can and should declare intent on a null read at the end of the day and your still trying to hang on to it to keep your pride intact I also have the same problem some times.

VOTE: Flubber
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Vote count 2.6

Flubbernugget - nn30, Lil Uzi Vert, Secret Agent Jin, Dark Horse, Pine, Garmr LINCH!

Shadow_step - PenguinPower, 1 Shot Vanilla Town, Flubbernugget, (L-3)

1 Shot Vanilla Town - Shadow_step (L-5)

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch!

Day ends in (expired on 2016-12-11 21:00:00)

Flubbernugget has been Lynched!!

They were:

Vanilla Town

Night ends in (expired on 2016-12-10 18:00:00)
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Dark Horse
has been killed!!! They were:

Town Doctor!

Shadow_step
has been killed!!! They were:

Vanilla Townie!

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2016-12-24 21:00:00)

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:03 pm

Vote count 3.0

Not Voting (7): Garmr, 1 Shot Vanilla Town, Secret Agent Jin, nn30, Pine, Lil Uzi Vert, PenguinPower

Day ends in (expired on 2016-12-24 18:00:00)

[Edited]
Last edited by LicketyQuickety on Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 466, Pine wrote:No no, Flubber read is based on a S_S scumflip. Not until then.
In post 560, Pine wrote:Intent to hammer Flubbernugget. I'd prefer S_S, but either works.
Thoughts on this, Pine?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”