Dota 2 Thread: REBORN SOURCE 2 HYPETRAIN NOBRAKES

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2599 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by implosion »

Yeah game one was like omg a pudge omg a core skywrath this'll be good and it was

then game 2 i actually fell asleep during >.>

and then games 3 and 4 were pretty much "yeah the mirana worked out perfectly last game so it's definitely a good idea to try it again." Like in game 4 when dc opened literally with the same timber+mirana opening that i think lost them game 3 to a large extent it was already pretty questionable.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2618 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:50 am

Post by implosion »

Best freaking bug so far: was in a game with friends where our CK built aghs and ulted our DK, who was in ult form with armlet on. All 10 people crashed instantly.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2643 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:57 am

Post by implosion »

Luna is just so strong right now. She can fight early with her ult, she can take the game late, she farms as well as anyone with basically no items.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2655 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:29 am

Post by implosion »

So good.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2663 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by implosion »

Anyone else playing a lot lately and desperate for the meta to change?

Veno, necro, lich, bloodseeker, earthshaker, spirit breaker, etc all need to leave the meta for a while. Although I've been getting free wins by picking lich so I guess my hands aren't completely clean.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2670 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Kats wrote:I dunno, I didn't see those heroes as much as everyone seems to say while I was playing last month.
Most of them feel more recent than past month to me, maybe like past couple weeks. I am also a little biased because i've been watching a lot of FPL games and those heroes are all picked a
ton
there. Necrophos is probably the biggest offender by a decent margin. 6th in popularity and a 56.6% winrate in pubs, which goes down a little in upper brackets but not much.
von wrote:is radiance actually good on bloodseeker I dont understand like I see people build it but why is it good
I think part of the reason radiance is good on him is because his q amplifies the damage which means radiance on bs does more aoe damage than radiance on a typical hero. He is also a hero with no good farming aoe except for his silence which isn't good for farming neutral creeps, and despite his q his attack animation isn't the best for farming like an AM or a jug. Radiance is just a really strong item imo. I think the only real downside to it is the buildup. Bloodseeker also has an uncanny ability to stay alive in teamfights if he can get a single kill, similar to necrophos, and apart from being good on illusion heroes it's also good in general on heroes who can stay alive longer in fights since it does consistent damage. Battle fury doesn't offer him all that much because he doesn't generally autoattack groups of heroes because he'll be focusing on whoever he ruptured, and both the health regen and mana regen are wasted on him because he doesn't use mana to farm all that much and he gets health regen for free while farming. Midas is okay on him situationally. But yeah it's not an every game item but i think it is probably good in general.

Looking at my last five games (all solo queue), just for the heroes I listed: three have necrophos (two on the enemy team, one on mine). One has veno (enemy). Two have lich (one me, one enemy team). Three have spirit breaker (two on my team, one enemy). No bloodseekers or earthshakers. So I'm maybe exaggerating it but like 3/5 of past games picked at random for two of the six i listed is pretty significant.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2672 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by implosion »

For all the lich complaints I've heard, I never see him in my matches. :/ Same with sb
I've been gaining mmr partially by spamming lich but it's sort of irrelevant because I only started solo queueing recently and so i was way below what I should have been. All of lich's skills are incredibly good on their own, and since they kept buffing sacrifice's cooldown he lacks the normal weakness of a support of being underleveled. He has an ult that can straight win teamfights and he has an ability similar to witch doctor to solo kill enemy cores as a support given the right circumstances and a bit of luck. His only material weakness is that he's a position 5 with no stuns which can be compensated for. The only thing that's really considered a counter to him (other than bkb/pipe) is diffusal for ice armor but popping a diffusal charge to take off a buff with a 4 or 5 second cooldown feels kind of shitty.

Sb might just be good because of the meta with winning mid and lanes in general being so crucial, he might not be broken on his own.

What counters to necro are you referring to? The main thing I think of as a necro counter is mixed dps to capitalize on when ghost shroud is down. He's sort of really strong at all stages of the game except for, to a degree, the very beginning (kind of weak laner in some cases but not always) and very end (not the best scaling core if the game goes very late, but again, can situationally be a very good scaler) so it's hard to counter him on a high level with something like outcarrying him or taking midgame teamfights or pushing early or etc.

(in case it's not obvious i'm also just vaguely trying to revive this thread bc i play too much dota these days)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2677 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:17 am

Post by implosion »

My friends and I tested some super janky interactions with new morph.

If you get an aghs then you get upgrades to non ult abilities when you morph a hero like sk or lone druid. You also, unlike with wisps new talent, get new abilities. My favorite thing we’ve found is that you can buy an aghs, morph lifestealer, consume an ally, and unmorph. They stay inside you. And what’s more, you can morph ls again and consume someone else because when you remorph him it doesn’t remember that you already used it. So you can literally have morphling serve as a vehicle for his entire team.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2678 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 am

Post by implosion »

In terms of actual games we played 3 games yesterday. My favorite was a pos 5 shadow demon game (I picked it as a counter pick to dark willow) where I got a ton of space to farm with 1 second cool down shadow poison. With aghs and the level 25 talent he can nuke three people for 900 pure damage. It’s pretty absurd.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2680 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:43 am

Post by implosion »

Cursed crown is I think a bigger deal on support willow. It’s pretty scary to deal with a 2 second stub at lvl1 for certain offlaners.

But it becomes less significant as people build escapes.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2688 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by implosion »

so how does it feel to be famous
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2700 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:49 am

Post by implosion »

is that actually kuku lmao
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2708 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:02 am

Post by implosion »

I’m on a 9ish win streak atm that started with the first game I played mars
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2711 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:32 am

Post by implosion »

The win streak is Mars, Luna, Zeus, CM, Clinkz, Mars, Underlord, Slardar, Mars.

The clinkz game was notable in that my k/d/a was 3/0/0 and i never used my ult. Pretty ridiculous game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2714 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:55 am

Post by implosion »

I mean, is it really split pushing to just never leave your lane? My friend was 15/0/2 on TA but that's not important

also that definitely isn't how to describe the clinkz rework, the clinkz rework made him worse at split pushing because he does less damage and isn't as tanky, and because he's not as strong with a deso or deso/orchid rush because of how his ult works. His new ult doesn't help him split push. He's a much better teamfighter now. His ult is really good in some fight situations.

Return to “The Arcade”