Mini Normal 1857 (Game Over - Mafia Wins!)

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Impoetic »

Let me run through the scenario from my point of view again:

I was messaged saying it was daystart. I saw transcend was killed and therefore town and was like 'yeah' 'cause iirc (which i may not, because again, i don't remember this very well, it was a long time ago) he was one of the people i thought was probably town in retrospect after I saw we lynched scum 'cause of him. I was operating largely on autopilot and didn't click the flip or notice there was another page after it, so I didn't see the page between his flip and my post until I went back and checked.

You both, just now, decided it was the scummiest thing ever with an exclamation point. Someone please explain how.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 am

Post by JaeReed »

VC 2.11
Titus (2)
: drealmerz7, Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert (2)
: gerryoat, Sesq
Impoetic (2)
: TTTT, Drone
gerryoat (1)
: ssbm_Kyouko
Drone (1)
: Titus

NOT VOTING (3)
: Impoetic, Raskolnikov, shannon

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-22 01:30:00)
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Impoetic »

Oh wow titus isn't at L-2 anymore?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:10 am

Post by JaeReed »

gdi Impo that was supposed to be MY pagetop! >=(
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Titus »

Ok, TTT. I don't get it at all.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Impoetic »

I take it TTTT, drone, and Kyouko-chan were all on titus and suddenly flipped. Odd...

predit: haha jaereed more lie jade-eed
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:12 am

Post by TTTT »

NK =/= Town

but even if, why would town post at day-start without checking the flip?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Titus »

Impo, vote Drone with me.

TTT, because they knew they wouldn't die due to lurksack shit. I have seen town once or twice post after they've been killed. Rare but people do post without reading.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:14 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 1780, Impoetic wrote:I take it TTTT, drone, and Kyouko-chan were all on titus and suddenly flipped. Odd...
show me where I voted Titus
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Impoetic »

Definition of automatic pilot

: autopilot 1

: a state or condition in which activity or behavior is regulated automatically in a predetermined or instinctive manner <doing his job on automatic pilot>

predit: yes well the natural assumption is it's town.

predit2: i was assuming you had because titus was at like l-2 and you were one of 3 people i saw changing votes.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Titus »

Impo, you from northern CA?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Impoetic »

I have only had a few games of forum mafia so far, none of which involved a vig shot on mafia (or a vig shot at all that i can recall) simultaneous to a doc save. It wasn't my instinct to reconsider, especially considering
i had already thought he was town from what i read the night before

you clearly haven't thought anything out and yet you say I'm caught scum?

Predit: Yep. I think it's North anyway. I'm pretty bad with geography =(
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Drone »

Alright then, UNVOTE: Impoetic

You really are over defensive hmm?
Also, I believe it's completely fine the Titus wagon faded, she's for now an uncced universal backup (JOAT).

I wonder what's next? I need more Uzi, Shannon and Kyouko posts.
For science. For the mind!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Titus »

If you're near Sac town, we should hang out.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Impoetic »

Why would a role like that be CCed in a mini normal...?

And I'm not over-defensive, I'm just responding and trying to clarify why I think everything you said is wrong, because you didn't seem to be understanding me, or I wasn't understanding you, or whatever. Are you now saying it was a reaction test, Drone?

predit: Oh wow, I actually am lol. Neat.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Drone »

Kind of, not exactly but you can call it that.
You successfully dwarfed TTTT's accusations, while on my part; I usually wait longer until there's something more solid to vote for.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Impoetic »

Fair enough; I think I getcha now.

I would like to point out that I'm probably going to respond adamantly to accusations I disagree with for a while yet. I've been briefed once on why it might be suboptimal, but for now, I'm not entirely convinced enough to change it. If you want to call that over-defensiveness, that might be fair, but I don't fully agree that it's bad or abnormal to try to shoot down reads on you when they're made and they seem unreasonable -- which will be most of the time, because confbias.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1763, TTTT wrote:@Imp
You are caught scum
there's no way out
no way out
optimal play is to self-vote and prodge 'til hammer

Just trying to be a friend here
Not reading the rest cu I'm on my break at work but lmao @ optimal play
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 1741, Impoetic wrote:Oh and I had that unvote post on Q+ (and a bunch more before I restarted my browser ooooops) because I didn't understand why you unvoted there since you didn't switch your vote
Unvoted to remove the risk of lynching a claimed PR, haven't voted because I don't know who to vote for yet
In post 1746, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I've been over this already... today's posts by shannon and LUV are not those of a scumteam. This leaves the possbility that their could be 1 or 0 scum among them. If shannon were scum I'd say gerry is a likely partner but shannon being scum makes LUV town, which makes their claim true. If shannon gerry and rb is the team, and rb gets lynched, do you really see gerry performing the NK when he's the #2 suspect behind rb at end of day? Rhetorical question, the answer is no, shannon would do that kill, but LUV saw her go nowhere. I seriously doubt shannon somehow was a strongman and a ninja in the same night, so I'd say the chances of shannon being the 1 scum here are slim. Assuming LUV is the scum seems like an easy way for scum to push a mislynch off of my suspicions in D1. Nobody seems to be listening to what LUV is saying lately, which makes me think his wagon now is scum-driven. Look at Gerry posting about once a day to do nothing other than remind us to lynch LUV. Titus, if you're truly JOAT now you have a JK shot left, and you were suspicious of the way Gerry was talking about the strongman earlier right? Let's lynch Gerry today and you can jail Drone tonight.

I think Gerry is the 2nd scum and the last is in Titus/Drone

VOTE: Gerryoat

Spoiler: Fast and loose case on Gerry from a skim of his slot's ISO
In post 291, Kohai wrote:Welcome back drone. Excellent analysis.

I'm off to bed. It's almost 3 am.
The above post was made wrt this post:
In post 285, Drone wrote:
In post 240, TTTT wrote:@rb
Plz explain that TR on me.
I mean, other than how your role PM told you that I'm not on your team.
Consistency is town trait :)
It's not a Newbie game, I think it's obvious and needless to say. But I can agree that it was a bit too early to give that read.
In post 241, TTTT wrote:@Transcend
Why is Imp scum?
I'm going to split posts just so you can enjoy my avatar more...
Because of the 101st point on Impoetic, durr!
In post 247, TTTT wrote:
In post 242, Sesq wrote:What strikes rb as scum to you?
Vote was based on gut upon game entry. Not really buying the cavalier meme-posting attitude on the first pages. Looks forced. Totally gut though.
Naked votes are best votes when entering a game.
Then rb said he couldn't remember why he was SRing ssbm.
Like this never happened
In post 78, rb wrote:
In post 54, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I just made a note "48 - enter rb:gets on the first wagon that is picking up with real intent but attributes his vote to an rvs policy lynch"
His motivation here is either scummy or towny so I'm hoping he's town
No way dude. You mean my motivation could be scummy OR towny? What an enlightening post, it's so good I think I might just

VOTE: ssbm
In post 94, rb wrote:we should have more ssbm votes tbh

sesq is probably town rn
In post 111, rb wrote:you can start by changing your vote to ssbm
In post 116, rb wrote:super saiyan blue majiffy is probably not town tbh
In post 119, rb wrote:
In post 117, Sesq wrote:
In post 116, rb wrote:super saiyan blue majiffy is probably not town tbh
Why do you think that?
post 54 is literally pointless fluff that serves no purpose except, 'look im contributing'
Upon wagon collapse, he gives me a TR.
TTTT goes like “look, I'm town alright? I have reasoning and I'm sure of what I'm doing" in this post. I'm buying it!
In post 248, TTTT wrote:
In post 244, rb wrote:scum look bad if the wagon goes through, ppl lost their minds about it getting to L-2. i'd be mislynch but everyone on the wagon would be under suspicion - you don't really seem to give a shit because ur not worried about it, so ur town enough for now
But that means you didn't consider I'm a good enough scum player to not freak out about L-2.
Then he just shits on it with "fuck it, no I'm scum".

And that's why TTTT is scum guys!
It bothered me back then, and when I asked Kohai if that was sarcasm he didn't reply to me.
In post 454, Kohai wrote:
In post 438, ironstove wrote:Fuck you spammers I don't want to read this garbage Lynch drone he's spamming this thread up why the fuck is there 18 pages?!?!

This guy is writing fucking nonsense and transcend is handing out town reads like hot cakes. He prob town reads Hitler too

VOTE: drone
I do not like this post at all.

Ironstove is now a strong scumread.
Flaming is rude as heck but not a scum trait imo. Leaves me thinking the flaming is an excuse to chainsaw ironstove to get pressure off Drone.
In post 548, Kohai wrote:My top town reads right now are rabbit and drone.
Conveniently the 2 players I think this slot is most likely to be scum with.

Enter Gerry
In post 887, gerryoat wrote:This is my first scumread

VOTE: Drone
Distancing? Maybe? Not like anyone can call him out on this since he's just replaced in, so it's fine for his slot's reads to change.
In post 1090, gerryoat wrote:Yo, I think transcend is town. And if his claim is legit then i think rb is maf from a setup standpoint. but hmmmm. question is, would rb REALLY claim BP as maf? that's like the most scummy PR claim. Is it too scummy to be scum? Or is it wifom that we would all think it's too scummy to be scum and unvote it. anyway, i think i'm gonna vote this for now

VOTE: rb
If anyone on the rb wagon was scum it's this^
In post 1499, gerryoat wrote:
In post 1153, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:No one wants to lynch D7/Impoetic so I'm forced to compromise.
why did you not track one of your 2 scumreads?You scumread them so much that you felt that you'd have to 'compromise' to vote someone else. @Lil Uzi Vert
This question doesn't take into consideration that LUV was expecting rb to flip town. Those scumreads of his were based on a very old conversation early in D1. d7's vocal pushing of rb probably was reinforcing that read up until the flip, where LUVs perspective was shattered. I'm guessing he looked at my posts pointing toward the associations between LUV, rb, and shannon, and tracked shannon because rb flipped scum and he knows he's town if he's really the tracker.
Thank you for laying this out so clearly.

In post 1747, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:also @Impo I think shannon's just going down the rabbit hole with me seeing what the game looks like if that was rehearsed. After outing and discussing that theory a bit I find it more likely that it was either fully legit or scum!iamafluffyrabbit was going 1 of 2 places with that conversation based on town!Impoetic's replies, and he decided to go with TRing you instead of pushing for your lynch because he thought other town would sense you were town before a mislynch could be secured.

Yep, this^^
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by shannon »

OK, here's a thought. I won't claim it's a great thought, but it's a thought.

Titus, if her claim is genuine, *should* be night killed. But it's possible that either someone will step up to save her, who didn't make a save last night (maybe they're one shot) or Titus is scum.

Given what powers Town Titus has left, and how many of us can't trust the result even if she gives it, I think we should lynch her tomorrow if she lives. Let her give a result, potentially, and then lynch her to establish the truth of the claim.

We need to find someone else today.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Drone »

If we successfully lynch scum today, there's absolutely no way we're lynching Titus tomorrow, unless guilty by someone. (if any)
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Drone »

Anyone knows if a jked neighbour can still talk in the neighbourhood?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1794, shannon wrote:OK, here's a thought. I won't claim it's a great thought, but it's a thought.

Titus, if her claim is genuine, *should* be night killed. But it's possible that either someone will step up to save her, who didn't make a save last night (maybe they're one shot) or Titus is scum.

Given what powers Town Titus has left, and how many of us can't trust the result even if she gives it, I think we should lynch her tomorrow if she lives. Let her give a result, potentially, and then lynch her to establish the truth of the claim.

We need to find someone else today.
Hi scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 1795, Drone wrote:If we successfully lynch scum today, there's absolutely no way we're lynching Titus tomorrow, unless guilty by someone. (if any)
Agreed. If we get scum today, especially if that scum is someone Titus scum reads, she's town tomorrow.
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1757, Impoetic wrote:...Go on, go on. @TTTTT @Drone

y'all were super excited, right? let's see this awesome logic. I don't think i'm so biased that I can't accept it if there's something that makes me look bad, but I'm not seeing it, so level with me! Sounds like you both mindmelded and had the same exciting epiphany about something that happened ages ago

so let's hear it!

also not sure what to make of titus's townslip/dumbtell earlier so i'm leaving it at null i guess. Anyone have meta on whether titus is the type of player to force that?
Been catching up cos I was at school. Very convincing argument on Gerry from ssbm, BUT it requires Drone be scum, which I don't really buy as much. LUV still looks scum, hasn't posted in a while. Rask is lurky as hell and was ironstove (very scummy slot), so suspicion should definitely be thrown there. Titus has play that really coincides with town meta I've read from her in the past, so I don't feel good about that wagon. Impo's recent shenanigans regarding the role-reveal-thingy-i-cant-words looks scum. I'm keeping vote, FOS on Impo and Rask.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”