Mini Normal 1861: Musical Mafia (TOWN WIN)

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:47 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 747, MiniDeathStar wrote:Have you never seen a super scummy villager who just says the wrong things at the wrong time, all the time? I feel like scum would at least make an actual effort not to look so bad.
The reason too scummy to be scum is not an actual thing is because actions are not scummy. Motives are.

Any scumreads should be based on a player's perceived motivations, not their actions.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:50 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Oh, so we just disagree. I 100% believe in the powers of tonal reading. Motivations are often ambiguous.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:52 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 751, MiniDeathStar wrote:Oh, so we just disagree. I 100% believe in the powers of tonal reading. Motivations are often ambiguous.
No. Your inability to discern scum motive does not make it ambiguous.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 735, massive wrote:
In post 692, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 616, massive wrote:You know on second thought that might be a bit overaggressive. In any case, you need to re-assess me Kairal, and you need to let go of this "not explaining your vote is anti-town" stance because you're going to find a LOT of players who won't and who will further demand that you follow them based solely on their reputation. I'm voting who I think is scum. End of story.
So uh a lot of players are anti town

Why is this okay and why does it excuse your play
I'm not saying it's ok nor am I trying to "excuse" my play. I don't have any issue with my play.
How can you not have issue with something that isn't okay?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:40 am

Post by massive »

In post 749, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 748, massive wrote:Prove it. Show me any game ever where every unexplained vote was by scum and every explained vote was by town.
Anti-town doesn't always mean scum. Anti-town are just things that hurt town instead of helping (like lurking, claiming without reason and so on). I feel like you should already know this, so why are you pretending you don't know the difference?
How is my voting without explaining my vote "hurting town"? I feel like you should know that all of this stuff, including the stuff you just listed, is NAI, so why are you pushing them as scummy?
In post 753, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 735, massive wrote:
In post 692, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 616, massive wrote:You know on second thought that might be a bit overaggressive. In any case, you need to re-assess me Kairal, and you need to let go of this "not explaining your vote is anti-town" stance because you're going to find a LOT of players who won't and who will further demand that you follow them based solely on their reputation. I'm voting who I think is scum. End of story.
So uh a lot of players are anti town

Why is this okay and why does it excuse your play
I'm not saying it's ok nor am I trying to "excuse" my play. I don't have any issue with my play.
How can you not have issue with something that isn't okay?
I think there's a far cry from what I said in my quoted piece (let's say, for example, like RadiantCowbells) and what I am doing here. Trying to equate the two gets you zero reading comprehension points.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:59 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 754, massive wrote:How is my voting without explaining my vote "hurting town"? I feel like you should know that all of this stuff, including the stuff you just listed, is NAI, so why are you pushing them as scummy?
I'm pushing them as anti-town, not as scummy? I think I said that twice already.

Blank votes are anti-town because they provide absolutely no information about the motivation and reasoning to vote those people, which makes both the voter and the voted harder to read. Villagers kind of need to read people, it's how they decide on a lynch.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:31 am

Post by massive »

No, you're using them as reason for your push on me, who you have voted. Or are you just voting me for being anti-town?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:31 am

Post by massive »

I mean, I'm pretty sure you're voting me currently, man a vote count would sure be nice.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:11 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 757, massive wrote:I mean, I'm pretty sure you're voting me currently, man a vote count would sure be nice.
5 HellloooNewman (culted, AJ, IAI, Grey, Shadow)
4 massive (Flubber, MDS, Jin, Kairal)
1 MiniDeathStar (Newman)
1 Aj The Epic (Io)
1 Io (Dierfire)
1 Secret Agent Jin (massive)

7 votes needed for lynch.

At least that's what I got.

Still think the AJ and MDS votes are wasted votes. I don't see either of them taking off. I'd be ok switching to Jin or Io, but am totally happy with Newman at this point.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:13 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote: Deadline is (expired on 2016-12-19 23:30:00)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:31 am

Post by culted »

In post 640, I Am Innocent wrote:crap, u said jin and io can't be scum together, my bad :oops:
Right. But I see what you were getting at!
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:32 am

Post by culted »

In post 650, massive wrote:The main argument about Newman stems from his re-entry and return to the topic of Cloudkicker being force-replaced. Since I agree with the read on this, it's hard for me to look at Newman's re-entry as non-genuine. Since Grey's entire case on me was that I was "caught" following his "bad logic," and I believe that bad logic, I have to believe Newman believes that bad logic.

And I'm unconvinced by Grey's case.
Even if you can't appreciate the distinction between you guys in that regard, newman looks to be laying down here.
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:33 am

Post by culted »

In post 659, HellloooNewman wrote:I'm not paranoid. I'm not piggybacking anything.

Y'all are silly.
For example.
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:34 am

Post by culted »

In post 656, Dierfire wrote:Speaking of Secret Agent Jin, I'm noting a concern here that he sometimes appears to be subtly encouraging conflicts between players whom I read as Town. In 508 there is no vote and no explanation of why Flubbernugget is incorrect, but rather he seems content to let MiniDeathStar do the lifting.
Fair point but I don't recall you having flub as town prior to this post?
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Kairal »

You know Mini I'm pretty sure 'bus' refers specifically to scum voting for other scum. If that was an actual scumslip and the scum team is you, Grey and massive I will be laughing for days. You do know that right? :p
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:07 am

Post by Kairal »

Oh Derp. It was a joke in response to Flubs saying you and Grey were massive's scum partners. I'll just go sit over here for a bit :p
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Io »

@IAI I unvoted some time ago.
Debating whether or not to push Flubber a bit, but it's really not going to do anything, not like I can do much to convince you guys that Newman is pretty clear town.

VOTE: Massive
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 766, Io wrote:@IAI I unvoted some time ago.
Debating whether or not to push Flubber a bit, but it's really not going to do anything, not like I can do much to convince you guys that Newman is pretty clear town.

VOTE: Massive
Just looked thru ur ISO and yeah no unvote.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Io »

Well no one is wanting to vote outside of those 2, so might as well just try and get the more null read one lynched.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Io »

Also I don't see why you would use my ISO to justify not lynching massive.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Can we get an official vote count please?
Irritating Jerry since 1991
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@MiniDeathStar
In post 744, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 742, Dierfire wrote:I can think of reasons to vote for Secret Agent Jin, but perhaps you have others to share?
Massive sharing reasons for his vote? Which dimension did you come from, I want there like asap.
Ha ha, you never know! I figured that I'd ask anyway, and see how I am rewarded:
In post 748, massive wrote:"Scum are causing confusion" (701) but then doesn't actually react to the confusion he believes has been caused as he wants to lynch one of the major wagons today and another tomorrow (712) (unless he thinks Io, Newman, and I are creating the confusion, which seems unlikely)
I've thought some more about this vote and a few other things, and I don't find any fault. This sort of parallels some of my thinking about Secret Agent Jin. It's also unlikely to me that massive and HelloooNewman are both Mafia (because both pushed the idea that you and CloudKicker--now Shadow_step--are partners, and that's a weird thing to commit two Mafia players to), and so I've no reason to think that massive is trying to divert a wagon from HellloooNewman with that vote.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@culted
In post 763, culted wrote:
In post 656, Dierfire wrote:Speaking of Secret Agent Jin, I'm noting a concern here that he sometimes appears to be subtly encouraging conflicts between players whom I read as Town. In 508 there is no vote and no explanation of why Flubbernugget is incorrect, but rather he seems content to let MiniDeathStar do the lifting.
Fair point but I don't recall you having flub as town prior to this post?
Ah, yes, thanks!
In post 275, Dierfire wrote:Flubbernugget is showing evidence of paying attention to details ( looking at the VC, paying attention to the reads that massive gives). Ordinarily I consider these things to indicate Town alignment and effort to solve the game; in this case I have a vague feeling that they don't conform to my previous experience with Flubbernugget as Town, so I will check that at some point to be certain.
So I did look into this and I've satisfied my misgivings. I was thinking back to previous experience in Mini Normal 1669, in which Flubbernugget was Town and tended to post very short snippets without much depth of analysis and certainly never referring to a read over multiple posts as he did in in this game (it felt more like waiting passively for things to wander by rather than actively seeking to understand other players). However, that was a long time ago and in more recent Town games that I reviewed (Micro 665, Open 658) he was more thorough.

As it happens someone else in Micro 665 had this exchange with Flubbernugget:
In post 516, TierShift wrote:I don't remember flub ever being so level-headed.
In post 517, Flubbernugget wrote:That's because I don't work retail anymore
That's persuasive to me; the slight change in style is a natural progression and therefore not a result of a change in alignment. To be sure I also checked a game in which Flubbernugget was Mafia (Micro 652) and found a similar style there.
So, from previous games I'm not concerned that the change in style indicates that Flubbernugget is Mafia. This allows me to go ahead trying to read this game. I stand by my earlier comments that Flubbernugget appears to be putting effort into reading other players in this game, and therefore read him as Town.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Dierfire »

It looks as though we've a little less than five days remaining. I recognize that my vote on Io doesn't have much company, but I'm not confident in any other vote right now. I'll work on reading over again tomorrow.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Um, honestly 5 days is not *that* little, it's over a third of Day 1. DAE find Io's voteshift onto a leantown read of hers a little worrysome?

Then there's her 601 that was addressed to me, which I asked about and she didn't explain:
In post 601, Io wrote:Honestly though I'm more confident that AJ and Culted are a scum team than you Mini. That's mostly because you're play style right now is basically mimicking how you played in 658, and
it's not like I really disagree with you a ton
. Though you and Culted do look pretty buddyey right now.
Io says she doesn't disagree with me a lot, even though I
[1] scumread her,
[2] scumread the people she thinks are town (massive and Newman), and
[3] townread the people she thinks are scum (culted, a little bit Aj).

scumslip
n

/'skʌmslɪp/

A careless mistake that exposes one as scum.

‘You think I'm scum and your reads the the polar opposite of mine but it's not like I really disagree with you a ton’

VOTE: Io

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”