Mini Normal 1857 (Game Over - Mafia Wins!)

Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Impoetic »

Friendly reminder that Shannon didn't visit anyone last night according to LUV.

On the other hand, a lot of what raskolnikov said resonates with what I was thinking and/or brings to attention things I hadn't noticed. I don't think she's the *only* person who has those problems, though perhaps the only person who has all of them simultaneously. I know I still need to ISO people though

Rask, I take it you don't want to lynch either of the PR claims so far, right? Is that off reads or mechanics?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:10 am

Post by JaeReed »

VC 2.14
gerryoat (3)
: ssbm_Kyouko, Sesq, shannon
shannon (2)
: Raskolnikov, drealmerz7
Titus (1)
: Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert (1)
: TTTT
Drone (1)
: Titus

NOT VOTING (3)
: Impoetic, gerryoat, Drone

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-12-22 01:30:00)
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:44 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1884, shannon wrote:
In post 1399, JaeReed wrote:
During the night Transcend was killed.

He was…

Spoiler:
Welcome to Mini 1857, Transcend!
You are a
Town Jack of All Trades
Your abilities are:
1-Shot Bulletproof – You may activate this at night to make yourself impervious to one killing action that night.
1-Shot Jailkeeper – You may choose a player to jail at night, causing any actions by them or on them during that night phase to fail.
1-Shot Gunsmith – You may choose a player to investigate for a gun that night. Possible results are “Has a gun”, “Does not have a gun”, and “No result”.
You may activate only one ability per night.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town player is still alive.
The game thread is here.
Please confirm by responding to this PM with your role and alignment.

Day 2 begins now!
OK, more questions about this role thing - -

If another PR dies, does Titus get their powers?

Transcend's death and use of the Bulletproof (if Titus is telling the truth and he actually used it) suggests a strongman (or ninja?). What are the chances that this was one shot?

Is Titus effectively a PR, if there's an active strongman? Like if she jailkept someone, would it stick?

With the gunsmith thing, given that it returns both mafia and cops as having guns, should we expect that we have a town cop?
Cops don't have guns, do they? They can't shoot anyone at least.
In post 1894, TTTT wrote:so no responses means we are doing this, right?
and lynching outside Titus/LUV/Drone means we all agree to kill shannon.
In post 1877, TTTT wrote:LUV has claimed 2-shot follower
Titus has claimed JOAT with the JK and GS abilities left
So LUV should agree to follow Titus and report what action she took
Titus will do whatever she wants and report the action and target to her neighbor (Drone)
day3 they all report out in this order:
LUV
Titus
Drone
if there discrepancies we have scum among them

problems with the plan:
scum knows who among them are town and so could possibly benefit (for ex. knowing town!LUV is targeting Titus)
It's possible scum will NK Titus or LUV if either is town (but maybe not given suspicion on both slots?)

why it might work:
scum!LUV has a 50% chance of guessing Titus' action
town!titus' action and target gets relayed to us even if she is NKed (unless drone is scum)

not sure about this
help me think through it
Doesn't work if Titus and LUV are both scum is what jumps out at me immediately when I read this. Also if they're both town and Titus decides to use JK tonight then mafia knows they can kill Titus N3 and we'll never get a result from her Gunsmith shot.
In post 1896, Raskolnikov wrote:The only thing that's actually kind of odd is why shannon herself didn't push gerryoat d1 as cw.
Not odd if Gerry is the partner. I'd probably be okay with shannon after reading your wall for the first time, but I'll have to examine your points and make sure they're legit considering the slot you filled.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:54 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

If we manage to lynch scum today though it means that there can't be 2 scum among those 3. Problem is, if there are 2 scum among those 3 we literally can't lynch scum today if we lynch outside of them. This train of thought seems circular and I don't think lynching outside of them today is optimal. We don't have to lynch from within them, it just doesn't make sense to me to eliminate them from our choices.

Sesq, Gerry, what're your takes on Raskol's case against shannon?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Titus »

Any plan that depends on me living is a horrible plan.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by TTTT »

well if that's where we are then I want to lynch LUV

VOTE: LUV

HAMMEREED!
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1905, TTTT wrote:well if that's where we are then I want to lynch LUV

HAMMEREED!
Only scum quickhammers like that you're next buddy
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by shannon »

This turned out to be giant. I'll spoiler most of it, please read the end bit if it's all you have time for. If you're voting me, you should at least take time to read the whole thing.

Spoiler:
In post 1892, Raskolnikov wrote:Shannon what are your actual reads?
No setup speculation. No theories, no "if X happens Y should happen", none of that. Scumreads, stances, opinions.
This is the thing: I can't have reads independently theories on what's happening with the claims. And I don't think any of you have independent reads, either.

Yesterday, I scum read Transcend for lying. I didn't believe his crumbs, and it turned out I was right about his lie, but wrong about his alignment. I think I outright said that the reason I didn't want to hardcore wagon him was because if we lost him, we would be worse off than if we had ScumTranscend in our midst.

That's pretty much how I'm thinking today, *except* that we've got no prospect of getting useful info from the PRs (see below), which changes their lynchability.
In post 1900, Impoetic wrote:Friendly reminder that Shannon didn't visit anyone last night according to LUV.

On the other hand, a lot of what raskolnikov said resonates with what I was thinking and/or brings to attention things I hadn't noticed. I don't think she's the *only* person who has those problems, though perhaps the only person who has all of them simultaneously. I know I still need to ISO people though

Rask, I take it you don't want to lynch either of the PR claims so far, right?
Is that off reads or mechanics?
Here's the thing about lynching our PR claims - The group has expressed independent reasons to scum read them, besides the claims. (That's why Titus ended up claiming). And my setup questions have revealed that we've no real means of getting useful or trustworthy info from either of them.

The problem we have is that the scum pool at the moment seems to be two PR claims, and me. So anyone you'd (I use that term generically) want the PRs to investigate is either another PR, or me. If you think two scum are in this group you can't trust the results and you might not get them anyway.

If LUV said again that I went nowhere, would you believe it? Given the scum read on him? And the one on me? Do you even believe his role claim? (What if he said Titus went nowhere?)

If Titus gave a gunsmith result on someone, would you believe it? What if she said
I
had no gun? Would you believe that or would it make us the scum team?

And then there's the fact that Titus is almost certainly dead, unless there's some protective PR we're not aware of. Even so, we've pretty much established that scum has a Strongman, so it's a moot point. TL;DR: She's going to give a result you don't trust, or not get to live to get a result.

I have been trying to establish whether lynching one of these two is a better option than waiting and seeing. That is the entire purpose of my questioning about setup. If there's any way we can guarantee that one of them lives to tell us a result, then we should not lynch them. If there's not, we might as well lynch one of them today.

The problem I've found is that if we wait and see, we still can't trust the result because they're somehow also the scum pool.

I think Town is mistaken about the scum pool and needs to look more widely.

In post 1903, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:If we manage to lynch scum today though it means that there can't be 2 scum among those 3. Problem is, if there are 2 scum among those 3 we literally can't lynch scum today if we lynch outside of them. This train of thought seems circular and I don't think lynching outside of them today is optimal. We don't have to lynch from within them, it just doesn't make sense to me to eliminate them from our choices.

Sesq, Gerry, what're your takes on Raskol's case against shannon?

If there are two scum among the three of us, then this is the Best Town Ever and deserves an award for efficiency. I think it's unlikely.

Options for the 'two of three are scum' theory, as accurately as I can see them:

Titus is town. LUV faked a result on me to try to get us both town read, and mucked it up royally. First by claiming at all when not under pressure, second by changing the claim when eventually pressured. He's going to have to fake a result again tonight, either on me (which doesn't make sense) or on someone else. Better hope he guesses their activity correctly.

I am town. LUV thinks I'm important enough to try to buddy by faking a result on me. Titus is fake claiming for town cred and is going to have to explain why she doesn't die tonight. Titus and LUV agreed on this strategy.

LUV is town. His result on me is genuine, and he really felt he might be lynched or NKed tonight, so he got it out early. I am scum but wasn't the one who made the kill. Titus made the kill. She's claimed to try to cover her ass, but going to have to explain if she lives tonight. She should have fake claimed something else and didn't have the foresight to do so.

Can you see how unrealistic these scenarios are?

My *personal* opinion is that there might be one, or 0, scum among the three of us, and we need to look at who has been slyly working to set up this whole 'group of three' thing. We have all been chasing our tails and trying to point the finger at the other guy, which I think is mistaken.

What happened to Drone? What happened to Gerry? Was anyone townreading Ironstove yesterday?

I don't have the answers but someone with more time than me can probably find them.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 1906, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 1905, TTTT wrote:well if that's where we are then I want to lynch LUV

HAMMEREED!
Only scum quickhammers like that you're next buddy
For anyone skimming, this is not a hammer
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Titus »

Shannon, what are your reads, what did you learn from wagoning me?

Ignoring me three times is a hanging offense. You're at 1.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

ofc it wasn't a hammer there was a vc at the top of the page he was obviously looking for a reaction from LUV. Also the 3 people I'm talking about are the 3 involved in TTTT's plan: LUV, Drone, and Titus. Why pull yourself into this group? Looks nervous to me
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

VOTE: shannon
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Nice try TTTT!

Rask's case on Shannon is interesting at a glance, I'll have to sit down and read it tonight to see how I really feel about it.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 1872, Sesq wrote:The only reason you say this is because you didn't provide defense. admit your faults or expect to be frowned upon
i think you're town but have bad reads. sorry for being rude, i'm rude sometimes. but really, dont know how you can think me and rb are teamed. and my vote on lil uzi is logical, to the point where he had to change his claim.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by gerryoat »

hahaha Rask took shannon to town. I would rather vote Lil Uzi but I agree with that UZI, Titus should all out the reports.

1.) Luv follow Titus and tell us the report AND action.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

btw is anyone else in your neighborhood? or just Titus and Drone?
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by TTTT »

this is odd conversation for twilight
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by TTTT »

What?!?! LUV only had one vote?

Ok, I'm leaning town on both gerryBFF and shannon
Hurts to say those words

Everybody back aboard the LUVtrain!
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 1909, Titus wrote:Shannon, what are your reads, what did you learn from wagoning me?

Don't be melodramatic.

I think you and LUV are both town. D7 town. SSBM town. Impoetic town. (The last two are my weakest two reads)

Scum within Gerry, Drone, TTTT, Rask.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by TTTT »

Sesq?
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by Sesq »

In post 1903, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Sesq, Gerry, what're your takes on Raskol's case against shannon?
Couldn't post. Snow. Good case though. This defense also looked really scummy, as if "if i was scum" was a replacement for "my strategy is". Enough for a vote. VOTE: shannon
Sesq
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Sesq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by Sesq »

Crap, she's in L-2 now. Should have forseen that. Unvoting if put into L-1
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1918, shannon wrote:
In post 1909, Titus wrote:Shannon, what are your reads, what did you learn from wagoning me?

Don't be melodramatic.

I think you and LUV are both town. D7 town. SSBM town. Impoetic town. (The last two are my weakest two reads)

Scum within Gerry, Drone, TTTT, Rask.
Why on these?

What did you learn from wagoning me?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Drone »

In post 1915, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:btw is anyone else in your neighborhood? or just Titus and Drone?
Only me and Titus.
By this point I would have outed it all.

VOTE: Sesq

I mostly agree with Shannon on the fact we're a little narrow minded and need to keep checking all other options.

Basically, I don't mind Shannon's FoS on me, it's not even shading.

Sesq vote worries me, that as an addition to her overall gameplay throughout the game.
Like, that's a lazy excuse to conveniently voting the easiest wagonable player. Unfortunately, I've been looking this, especially since I'm pretty certain you haven't really read Shannon's wall post.

Guys, keep track of D7.
Also ISO him, can you see what I see?
For science. For the mind!
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Drone »

In post 1921, Sesq wrote:Crap, she's in L-2 now. Should have forseen that. Unvoting if put into L-1
How convenient.
For science. For the mind!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”