Which is the most iconic pokemon game?

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Which is the most iconic pokemon game?

Pokemon Emerald
13%
Pokemon Emerald
13%
Pokemon Emerald
13%
Metroid
60%

Total votes: 15

ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:55 am

Post by ironstove »

In post 1, SleepyKrew wrote:nothing has topped the surprise and excitement I experienced when I thought I was done with Gold/Silver and then was told I could go to Kanto
Agree, gold/silver was a wonderful game. It really added much more depth to the game of pokemon if you compare it to red/blue, I feel like the expansions that came after that just built on top of gold/silver, but gold was the version that took pokemon to the next level.

The addition of the kanto region, day/night phases along with days of the week impacting certain events occurring in the game, a wide new rage of pokemon but still not so much that it made your brain explode because you couldn't pronounce their names anymore, itemization, skills, colors, side quests, and graphic improvements.

It was like a totally different game, but still similar enough to the original in that you could revisit the old areas to see how they've changed such that it still invoked some nostalgia. Definitely a game I was able to enjoy playing though multiple times.

I haven't tried emerald/ruby/sapphire yet, but I'm certainly curious. I could download the rom and play it on my PC without issues. How does emerald compare to gold/silver?

And is the latest pokemon on the 3ds worth grabbing ?

Return to “General Discussion”