Which is the most iconic pokemon game?

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Which is the most iconic pokemon game?

Pokemon Emerald
13%
Pokemon Emerald
13%
Pokemon Emerald
13%
Metroid
60%

Total votes: 15

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Davsto »

I don't think I ended up playing Platinum (my brother did, but not I), but Pearl alone made 4 one of my favourites

I also loved Emerald and the Battle Island thingymabob with all the different places was great, so I don't know if RS were just crap but ORAS was painfully underwhelming compared to both Emerald and XY. I've spent just over 20 hours on OR. I've already spent 50 on Moon, and I spent around 210 hours on Y.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Davsto »

Yeah Sun/Moon is great

I hadn't played any Gen VI in a while before playing it so I didn't notice until going back but the characters look so much better in VII, like the big head and tiny body (as much as it worked in 2D) of Gen VI looks awful in comparison to the actually proportioned characters in this game

And the cutscenes and any talking seems a lot more cinematic and tbh as much as I found Gen VI to be great fun and my nearly favourite at the time (barely behind IV), I feel that the joy of VII will slowly push it down the list because it has rendered it obsolete it in every way by making nothing worse but many things better (with the single exception that I prefer Mega Evolution to Z-Moves, but that definitely isn't a vast majority opinion and it's very minor).
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Davsto »

Also a tad too many Pokémon which don't evolve (especially legendaries) for my personal tastes but again it's such a minor quibble
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #36 (isolation #3) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Davsto »

In terms of being iconic, I have to give many points to Pokémon Snap, if only for being one of the most unique games I've ever played.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:26 am

Post by Davsto »

I was gonna say "what about Black/White" but Reshiram and Zekrom have blue and red eyes respectively

Not to mention the various promo arts with Zekrom's blue electricity and Reshiram's red flame

Damn

Return to “General Discussion”