mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11500 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Additional quickie points:
-Yume could have been killed to break the communication chain between me and the rest of the town. While Yume no doubt bled valuable info to RR, the fact of the matter is, I've been locked out of the loop ever since Yume's death. This might not be a problem...if it weren't for how I am confirmed town, and in a position where I absolutely SHOULD be in communication with people.
-Klingoncelt was basically the only non Not-Chara nightkill we have absolute 100% confirmation of. Why would she be killed? Well a quick look at the second page of her iso shows that she would have considered the extra slot scum power to be a scumclaim and lynched it instantly, a possible motive. I suppose you can argue that one of her scumreads was right: it can't be Shiro or Titus so maybe you could argue she was killed for DGB/Almost50 fingering...
...Yet honestly. There's zero. Zilch. Nadda. Which makes her a compelling nightkill off of her play. She was widely scumread. Her reads were known to not be much of a threat. Her presence was largely negligible.
Yet she did die. And the most compelling reason for this? The most compelling reason for this is for the scumteam to kill someone off of the mechanics in play. Maybe they thought she had some super secret role which was even more powerful than mine. Maybe they knew she was a crystal gem and wanted the crystal gems flipped to confirm their presence in the game. Maybe they wanted to know the power of the crystal gems faction, to size it up by seeing the full flip and knowing what they were up against.

...The last one in particular comes to me as a rather strong possibility, borderline probability. Because that description fits a player nicely: Reasonably Rational was bitching and moaning about how Yume was REFUSING to release Klingoncelt. And when Klingoncelt eventually
was
released, Reasonably Rational CONTINUED bitching and whining about all the redacted info in the flip, dissatisfied with all of what was hidden there. RR's stance on the third parties also notably changed after--before, RR was defending those that they knew about. When the information was kept from them, RR suddenly started going ballistic. Particularly on Yume, but on all of the crystal gems to some extent.

No player in the game had more to gain by killing Klingoncelt than RR: weaken the strength of the gems, surefire successful kill, reveal the presence of the gems, and reveal the POWERS of the gems. RR was privy to some of this information, but not all of it. Just enough where RR would think to make the kill.

Nobody has given this kill much thought. But I really think it should.
Unless the last scum is Fuzzy, it's a safe bet the last scum living either was THE driving force behind scum kills, or at least a strong voice in their scum chat.
grapes is a strong player who would voice an opinion.
Almost50 is a fucking champion on his scumteams.
And RR is...well, RR. There's NOBODY in this game who RR would be subservient to on a scumteam. (Well, except maybe Titus? And even then, that's only a 50/50. Or maybe me. But that's more likely to be an equal partnership.) They would be the dominant. They would be the scum leader.

So unless the last scum is Fuzzy...then the last scum was the one who dictated their actions.

RR's actions have aligned perfectly with how the scum have been thinking the entire game. I can't point out all the myriad of examples, but it's in my mental archive of the game: every time the scum did something, RR was there, and perfectly able to explain exactly why the scum had done that something, in essence. They fit the narrative of the scum mastermind, the one we've missed the whole damn game.

We KNOW the scum had a mastermind.
Yet who?

Who?

Skybird? I doubt it. DGB? Lolno. TWIE? Not the leader type; he's a passive presence. Shadow_step? I really don't think he has it in him to be the leader, and he replaced a lurker slot that had given literally nothing so the scum's plans couldn't have been him.

Fuzzy for that matter doesn't fit the scum mastermind archetype either.

Grapes...could, I suppose, but it's unlikely.

That leaves you with a choice: Almost50 or Reasonably Rational.
And while I do think Almost50 is smart enough to be scum this game...
...The player who best fits as scum, with the combination of theoretical smarts compared to game smarts and also game "dumb" like demanding a farside vig, is Reasonably Rational.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11501 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Almost did you ever get a result on grapes....... if not did you ask Vasoon why not
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11502 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by mastin2 »

: proof that I am fully vindicated in my stance to NOT lynch Almost50 today.

It's really just Reasonably Rational.

No matter who is town or who is scum, the game's not going to be perfect. The game's not going to be simple. It's not going to be easy.

But it CAN be the path which makes the most sense.

And the path which makes the most sense is for Reasonably Rational to be scum.

I'm busy tonight with family night.
I'm also going to be swamped with weekend responsibilities.

But it's as clear as day.
Like.

Hey.
You know how I was doubting myself before?

You know how I said I lacked a plan?
You know how I said I was directionless?
That I didn't know what was going on.
That I didn't know what to do?

Well now I fucking do.

And I feel pretty damn confident about it, too.
My academy.
Agnigi
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11503 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, MoI has yet to apologize or even comment on my response to his FALSE, SILLY & STUPID case against me towards the end of the previous Exposition phase. yet he is asking me to "sell him" a case of me being Town. Well, news for you, mate: I'm not a salesman, and I'm not a merchant. Try E-bay or Amazon.

P-edit:

@TFL:

No I have't, and yes I PM'd Varsoon but stil no response. He did say he will e VLA for the first few hours of the day though, so I'm being patient and can wait for a response.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11504 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

However, you did make a good point. If he hasn't logged on for the entire night phase then I will most likely get a "grapes took o actions during the night". The same applies if he DI login, but opted not to submit an action.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11505 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Mastina:

Why would SCUM!RR convince TFL to shoot farside instead of me AND let me have my check on grapes go through in the process.

In my mind, Scum!RR would've been OK with me being vigged (thus guaranteeing Town!grapes (FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT ONLY) is still doubtful, or SCUM!grapes (in this case their own partner) is not fully exposed, while ALSO having farside to go at today).

Also, the same argument RR presented to support me could very well be used to their favour. They also knew of Xk's full role details before Xk had even joined the Gems. If that would have been leaked to Scum then Sky would not have been trapped. It does't make any sense that the "Criminal dual Masterminds" forgot about this not-so-tiny-nor-so-irrelevant detail when they have mastered the scum play for 8 full game days.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11506 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I swear to god the dead thread is screaming at the players all the ways Reasonably Rational is the last scum.
Like.

I can peer into their souls right now.
They're cheering for RR's head. In the noose.

I wish there was a better player to push this through for me.
But most of them happen to already be dead, so I'll have to do.

I really don't know how to translate the case I have in my mind into words.

But it's quite literally.
Like, a cloud was covering my mind.

And then, with a snap of a finger.
With Reasonably Rational as scum.
Suddenly, it all made sense.

I saw a narration from the start of the game which fit perfectly.
And no other player fits as well with this.

Reasonably Rational has not once in the game been pushing an actually pro-town agenda.
Reasonably Rational's actions have consistently lined up to a gamestate where the scum have gained the advantage where they otherwise would not have held one.
RR has a scumteam whose action choices make perfect sense with their profile. Like. I psychologically profile people. It's just something that I do. And they fit.
RR's play is in the position the last scum player would be.
The scum mastermind this game is thinking in a way which fits with RR's play.
The way that RR has complained about actions this game is something convenient for their scumgame: "Hey, not MY fault this player ruined the town strategy which totally would have worked. That's their fault!"
RR also fits as scum who piled onto me for the Beachapalooza.

For this, I can cite the inverse of an MD post, where basically, the idea is: scum don't change their plans after someone is revealed as town. RR and Skybird went after me in the Beachapalooza event, which was the plan set out in advance. Titus sprung new information on them. Yet RR and Skybird still voted me for said event. RR was planning on me winning the event even on D2--they had Yume communicate to me that they'd show as guilty to the investigation. They were ALWAYS going to vote me. And the scum were ALWAYS trying to get me to have the power.

Titus was an unexpected curveball, and their plan did not adjust accordingly.

Literally out of time now but when I can I'll continue.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11507 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 11505, Almost50 wrote:@Mastina: Why would SCUM!RR convince TFL to shoot farside instead of me AND let me have my check on grapes go through in the process.
Farside, easy: RR is INCAPABLE of killing farside. So he needed Fuzzy to do it for them.
Investigation, easy: your investigation failed, right? Now, who do you suppose was the cause of that failure, hmm?

...Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Your investigation didn't work. A scum!RR would know this. Thus giving you your answer right then and there.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11508 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(^That's why it was so scummy-as-fuck for RR to suggest farside's death.
farside could NOT be lynched, nor removed by the nightkill. It HAD to be via fuzzy's infallible vig. Thus the strong scum motivation in making Fuzzy waste his shot, which...cast suspicion onto FUZZY, keeps grapes from being clear, and keeps Mr. Townbeard--that's you--alive for manipulation.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11509 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11507, mastin2 wrote:Investigation, easy: your investigation failed, right? Now, who do you suppose was the cause of that failure, hmm?
No it didn't. I did not receive a PM from Varsoon to begin with.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11510 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And would have made more sense if they still shot somebody (like you or TFL) while TFL took care of faside for them.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11511 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11508, mastin2 wrote:farside could NOT be lynched
1- farside could only escape the first lynch.
2- Fuzzy would not be doubted with my testimony that both myself & RR convinced him to shoot farside, i.e. he didn't do it by his own choice alone.
3- If RR is the last scum they would have shot someone too. They had to. The game is literally closing to an end and the faster the Town players die the greater their chance is to win.

IF RR is the last scum slot, then there are currently SEVEN Town slots alive, FIVE of which are EARTH-aligned. This means 2 mislynches and two NKs are not enough still to secure a win. It only gets them to MyLo with one Earth-aligned player still alive.

Now if they had killed you, me or even TFL and blamed it on grapes/me it may have worked. They would have needed 2 mislynches and 2 NKs to win it. Tough? Yes, but certainly more attainable than the current situation.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11512 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I'm busy trying to fix my computer, but...none of this makes any sense.

@MoI: We catch people by noting inconsistencies and demonstrations of knowledge they should not have. Everything Farside did and said, culminating in her rejection of our proffered path to a solo victory, was incredibly inconsistent with her claimed win condition. The entire game saw this; nobody believed she was actually town. The only difference is we have experience showing that a 3p can be a threat even if town maintains a majority, and acted appropriately. It turns out our concerns were just paranoia, but they were absolutely justified.

@Mastin2: You're wrong. I'm not going to argue with you point by point, unless you really really insist. There are more important things to figure out, and, to be quite frank, a disgusting number of fairly obvious reasons why your position doesn't make sense, some of which have been mentioned in thread a couple times already.

What I need for you to do now, Mastin, is put on your mod hat. Look at the game. Look at what we know, the flips we've seen. Take in the totality of the game state, and the course of action parts of the setup and the flavor of the game essentially GUARANTEED town would take. Do that, and answer the question: Why would we EXPECT Farside to be a threat?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11513 (ISO) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

At RR
Have you tried a hammer ( the bigger the better) I heard they work really well especially on electronics.
TBF getting rid of far is not a town or scum move as she could of been a possible threat to either faction

At Moi
Did I add we have one other kill and has no other explanation other than it being a vig kill...... why would I lie about this one.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11514 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 11513, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:At RR
Have you tried a hammer ( the bigger the better) I heard they work really well especially on electronics.
TBF getting rid of far is not a town or scum move as she could of been a possible threat to either faction

At Moi
Did I add we have one other kill and has no other explanation other than it being a vig kill...... why would I lie about this one.
RR seemed REALLY town in our PT. His main worry seemed to be from Far leaving the game once their win con was achieved and screwing with numbers (this was prior to some BS from far which changed the situation).

sorry almost what was the result of the investigation?
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11515 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11514, Randomnamechange wrote:sorry almost what was the result of the investigation?
Still no PM from Mr V :(

But really, it is not that complicated. Lynch grapes or lynch me. Fuzzy did what he was supposed to do as Town and eliminated a potential threat (or a future mislynch towards LyLo). RR play canNOT be scum motivated AT ALL, and even assuming they're a Scum mastermind then they made quite a few silly mistakes that makes it virtually impossible for them to win as the remaining scum. They could still be lynched 2 in game days from now and the Town still wins.

I'm 90% sure now that it is grapes because of the no NK. It makes sense with TWIE's ability being used to falsely remove him from our suspicion list, and the "slip" Shadow made looks more and more genuine now that I look at all possibilities.

Yet again, some here are persistent on not trusting me. I'm OK getting lynch to eliminate that doubt as well. I'm now in -more or less- the same situation to some that farside was to me, so the same rules and principles apply.

We still have time though, so let's give Varsoon some time to get back to me regarding that investigation result. If he doesn't in -say- 48 hours (i.e. by the time MoI comes back) then we proceed with my lynch anyway. Once I flip you can either go after grapes or still be stubborn and lynch RR first. When they flip I'm hoping you guys will go after grapes and not Fuzzy. If I had it my way it would be grapes today though, so I wanted that to be known.

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11516 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:33 am

Post by grapes »

In post 11488, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:I think that there was a no kill bc the last scum was inactive which points to Grapes
Except that I posted in the newbie game I'm modding (just finished) ?

Anyway, there hasn't been a scum kill on a lot of nights.

I don't remember anything about planning on lynching almost either ... there's things here and there but I haven't touched his iso for a while.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11517 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 11510, Almost50 wrote:And would have made more sense if they still shot somebody (like you or TFL) while TFL took care of faside for them.
Thus confirming Fuzzy as town in the eyes of everyone.

This is really, really simple math.

Reasonably Rational ramrodded down everyone's throats the plan which leaves the MOST amount of doubt on the MOST amount of people.

It was Reasonably Rational who kept Fuzzy from shooting on previous nights, like the night farside was slated to die via the scum nightkill.
It was Reasonably Rational who kept Fuzzy from killing during a time where the scum would also be killing.
In this situation, where Fuzzy's kill was guaranteed to succeed, Reasonably Rational could not justify Fuzzy holding fire. So Fuzzy was going to shoot. If the scumteam also shot last night, then the fact that Fuzzy was able to kill AND there was a scum kill would confirm Fuzzy as town.
And who did Fuzzy shoot?
It was Reasonably Rational's idea to shoot farside, the ONLY PLAYER THAT COULD NOT BE REMOVED BY THE SCUM.
It was Reasonably Rational encouraging things like shooting known town.
It was Reasonably Rational who pushed ideas like shooting the one player NONE OF THE CONFIRMED TOWN WANTED DEAD over the players THE CONFIRMED TOWN WANTED DEAD.

It was Reasonably Rational who suggested you waste your investigation on grapes--by YOUR OWN ADMISSION.

How many bad ideas from Reasonably Rational will it take you to realize that they are just. actually. scum?
My academy.
Agnigi
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #11518 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Currently been driving a lot in the last 24 hours;
Apologies for any delays/mishaps due to my absence.
Shiro has returned to the game.
There are now 8 players alive, with 5 required for a lynch.

Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #11519 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"Time to cut the cheese. Shing! Sorry for using the same pun twice."
Steven,
Kiki's Delivery Service
VOTECOUNT 9.01

Grapes (1):
Almost50
Reasonably Rational (1):
mastin2

Not Voting (6):
Reasonably Rational, grapes, MagnaofIllusion, randomidget, Shiro, Thefuzzylogic99

With 8 Alive, it takes 5 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-12-31 00:00:00)

The Current Stress is -1:

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11520 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by grapes »

Almost, why are you voting me?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11521 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 11511, Almost50 wrote:1- farside could only escape the first lynch.
I'm not talking about farside being immune off of role.
I'm talking about farside being immune to the lynch BECAUSE THE FUCKING CONFIRMED TOWN WERE INSISTING SHE NEVER BE LYNCHED.
Between me, Magna, and randomidget (who follows MoI), you have three votes. Farside makes four. Do you know how many it takes to lynch her? Five, in unison--all of you/grapes/Fuzzy/RR/Shadow_step or Shiro working in unison.
If so much as ONE decided not to (and grapes is sane enough to be that person), farside couldn't be lynched yesterday.
And after last night, farside couldn't be lynched
at all
. Because the town wouldn't have the numbers. The confirmed town had a townbloc strong enough where they wouldn't let that go through.

So YES.

Suggesting a vig of farside was the
scummiest as fuck
possible thing Reasonably Rational could do.

Do you know what Reasonably Rational specializes in?

Reasonably Rational specializes in breaking the game via mechanics.

Yet every suggestion Reasonably Rational has pushed through has
WEAKENED
the town, rather than locked it down.
Because Reasonably Rational isn't breaking the game via mechanics--at least, not for the town.
Reasonably Rational is breaking the mechanical lockdown the town had and
leaving room for the scum to win

If you have so much as ONE game. ONE GAME. Of experience with Reasonably Rational. You should know this! The difference is night and fucking day. The town!RR that I know would
never
, under ANY circumstances, WHATSOEVER, give up the strong town role of farside. The town!RR that I know would NEVER let the town's trump card--and if you look at farside's strength as a role, you know she was our fucking strongest town role because she was IMMUNE TO THE SCUM'S ACTIONS and CONTROLLED ENOUGH VOTES TO FORCE LYNCHES THROUGH--be lolvigged.

The town!RR I know would be lynching Fuzzy for making the same move as grapes did in the original Steven Universe: grapes lynched someone that RR knew was town. So RR retaliated by lynching grapes. The town!RR I know would be encouraging Fuzzy to make a smart move, and punish him for the lolvig move. Yet THIS RR. The RR from
this
game. ENCOURAGED THE VERY BEHAVIOR THAT BOTH HEADS BLAME FOR BEING THE REASON TOWN LOST THE FIRST FUCKING GAME.

I don't care if you haven't played with RR. You must have seen Cerb, or Drixx, rant about the first Steven Universe game. How grapes "blew it" by "giving up a guaranteed win". How grapes turned the "lockdown into a fucking 50/50 we lost". How they blame grapes's action for removing a solid plan which would have guaranteed a town win.

Yet the Reasonably Rational of THIS GAME. By encouraging the removal of
someone that was completely immune to the scum
and who could
sway lynches
, was doing EXACTLY THAT FUCKING THING. I swear to god. I fucking SWEAR. To. The everloving heavens. In the name of Rose Quartz I promise you that is something that a town!RR would never on their life do.
Fuzzy would not be doubted with my testimony that both myself & RR convinced him to shoot farside, i.e. he didn't do it by his own choice alone.
And yet, here we are. If a scum kill had gone through when Fuzzy had shot, Fuzzy would be beyond all shadow of a doubt, confirmed town. But because that didn't happen, Fuzzy isn't confirmed town. Players like MagnaofIllusion--confirmed town!--are doubting him. Players like me are supposed to be doubting him. And goddammit yes I am in fact doubting him even though I think this REEKS of RR's scumgame manipulation.

The scum deliberately no-killed last night. And it was a strategy that ONLY those privy to Fuzzy's thoughts would be likely to come up with. I.e., you or RR. And this play runs COUNTERINTUITIVE TO THE VERY CONCEPT OF A TOWN!RR.
If RR is the last scum they would have shot someone too. They had to. The game is literally closing to an end and the faster the Town players die the greater their chance is to win.
If RR is the last scum, FUZZY DID THE SCUM'S NIGHTKILL FOR THEM.
Because farside was confirmed to not be groupscum.
Farside was immune to the scum's nightkill.
Farside held power such that she was not getting lynched ever.
That's someone SCUM CAN LITERALLY NOT AFFORD TO HAVE IN ENDGAME.
That's someone who must.
MUST
! Be removed in order for scum to win the game. It's literally impossible for the scumteam, down to one member, win, as long as farside was alive.
So RR having Fuzzy shoot farside?

SERVED AS THE SCUM'S NIGHTKILL.
Because it REMOVED CONFIRMED TOWN.
It removed from the game a member of the townbloc.
It broke the stronghold we had held on the game.
And left them enough wiggle room where they could squeeze a win through.

This should confirm to you that grapes is town!
Because the ONLY person who would've made a nightkill last night as scum is grapes, assuming that Fuzzy was shooting IN THE SUSPECT POOL rather than shooting AT KNOWN TOWN.

Both you, and RR, had coerced Fuzzy into shooting farside.
So both you, and RR, knew there was no need to nightkill, say, me.

Fuzzy shoots farside as happens?
Well then. We've got FOUR SUSPECTS. Out of eight players alive, once Shiro comes back--HALF THE FUCKING GAME.
Lynch one. Scum nightkill. Six alive, three suspects. Lynch one. Scum nightkill.
Four alive, two suspects.
Literally a 50/50.

Fuzzy shoots a suspect, AS WE HAD TOLD HIM TO.
Well then. Three suspects, out of eight alive.
Lynch one, scum nightkill. Six alive, two suspects. Lynch one, scum nightkill.
Four alive, one suspect.
Literally a FUCKING GUARANTEED TOWN WIN.

Alternatively:
Fuzzy shoots a suspect, and scum nightkill.
Well then. Fuzzy's confirmed thanks to the shot, so it taken out of the suspect pool. After his shot, we've got two suspects.
Two suspects, out of seven alive.
Lynch one, scum nightkill.
Five alive, one suspect.
We win EVEN SOONER THAN BEFORE.

This is simple math.
This is the gamebreaking
Reasonably Rational
specializes
in
RR CREATED A GAP which allows for scum to win, where none existed before.
They also knew that if they killed and Fuzzy killed, that Fuzzy would be confirmed town, taken out of the suspect pool, and narrow down the lynch candidates even further.

Seriously.
This is simple.

There is one scum left.
Fuck
your two scum left theory.
It doesn't fit the flavor. It doesn't fit the fucking game mechanics. It doesn't fit balance. It doesn't fit in the game at all. It's nonexistent.
There is one scum left.

And that scum is Reasonably Rational.
My academy.
Agnigi
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11522 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 11512, Reasonably Rational wrote:I'm busy trying to fix my computer, but...none of this makes any sense.

@MoI: We catch people by noting inconsistencies and demonstrations of knowledge they should not have. Everything Farside did and said, culminating in her rejection of our proffered path to a solo victory, was incredibly inconsistent with her claimed win condition. The entire game saw this; nobody believed she was actually town. The only difference is we have experience showing that a 3p can be a threat even if town maintains a majority, and acted appropriately. It turns out our concerns were just paranoia, but they were absolutely justified.

@Mastin2: You're wrong. I'm not going to argue with you point by point, unless you really really insist. There are more important things to figure out, and, to be quite frank, a disgusting number of fairly obvious reasons why your position doesn't make sense, some of which have been mentioned in thread a couple times already.

What I need for you to do now, Mastin, is put on your mod hat. Look at the game. Look at what we know, the flips we've seen. Take in the totality of the game state, and the course of action parts of the setup and the flavor of the game essentially GUARANTEED town would take. Do that, and answer the question: Why would we EXPECT Farside to be a threat?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11523 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

tl;dr version:

Reasonably Rational SPECIALIZES in gamebreaking. RR's WHOLE FUCKING SHTICK is that they will mechanically break the game to ensure a town win. They will rant about anyone who for any reason breaks this guaranteed win.

...Except, this game:
The ones who broke the guaranteed win were
THEM
Yesterday, we had nine alive (plus Shiro), with one confirmed scum (Shadow_step) and four suspects--RR/Almost50/Fuzzy/grapes.

Lynching the confirmed scum took us to eight.
Fuzzy vigging one of the three other suspects would take us to seven. A scum nightkill down to six. Shiro would return to the game as confirmed town, bringing us to seven, or to eight if scum no-killed.
We have either seven or eight alive, and we have one suspect killed via Fuzzy's vig. If we have seven alive, Fuzzy is confirmed town thanks to scum kill when Fuzzy killed. If not, Fuzzy remains a suspect: eight alive, three suspects OR seven alive, two suspects.
In either case, we lynch a suspect, and then scum nightkill: six alive, two suspects OR five alive, one suspect. We lynch a/the suspect. Game over in the latter.
In the former, scum kill again and with four players alive, we lynch the last fucking suspect and win.

This is elementary math. This was the plan that both I, and MagnaofIllusion, had endorsed. It is the plan that Reasonably Rational, as town, should have recognized as being solid. This is the plan that a town!RR should have consented to, because the result of this plan would be that town could NOT in ANY circumstance lose.

Instead, Reasonably Rational ramrodded down your throats this plan:
Nine alive (plus Shiro), with one confirmed scum (Shadow_step) and four suspects--RR/Almost50/Fuzzy/grapes. Lynching confirmed scum (which I forget--did RR object to that, or was that just you, A50?) takes us to eight.
Fuzzy instead vigs confirmed town, leaving all four suspects alive out of either six (scum kill) or seven (scum no-kill). Shiro returns to the game as confirmed town, bringing the total up to either seven (scum kill) or as it happens, eight.
We have either three suspects (scum kill), or four scum suspects, out of seven, or out of eight.
In the former, we still win, sure: we've got the mislynches needed to lynch all of RR/Almost50/grapes and one of them is scum because Fuzzy would be confirmed as town if the scum shot went through.
In the latter, which we are in...we now have EIGHT ALIVE...and FOUR OF THEM are suspects.

Fuzzy isn't clear because there was no scum kill.
Almost50, RR, and grapes are all alive.
And when the math plays out...you get a 50/50 4p mylo.

This is what Reasonably Rational caused.

I really can't get any more clear than this.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11524 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Like.

I'm using Reasonably Rational's OWN FUCKING LOGIC against them.
I'm using the thing REASONABLY RATIONAL IS KNOWN FOR DOING better than Reasonably Rational themselves.
Using logical inconsistencies and using known mechanics.

To tell you.

It really is that simple.

Reasonably Rational is scum because they are playing
contrary to their mechanical-based playstyle
. They are playing in the ONLY way which allows scum to win. As town they would have recognized that farside's value was such that as long as she lived scum could not win the game...and prevented her death. As scum they also recognized that farside's value meant as long as she lived they could not win...so they advocated for her death.

The funny thing is, I didn't even come here to log in and make a mechanics-based case for why RR is scum. I didn't come here to turn their own logic on its head and use it as evidence for why they are undeniably the last scum. What I came to do here (and which I no longer have the time for, thanks to an impending staff meeting) was to write a quick "case" of sorts on each player.

And ask seriously:
What has grapes done that's town? Plenty--strongest advocate of SirCakez's death. Strong advocate of DGB's death. I'm pretty sure he was one of the five or so Skybird voters. (Would need to track it down.) I also recall him being an earlyish TWIE voter (would need to check). He CERTAINLY was an early pusher of Shadow_step. If he is scum, he has basically bussed his entire fucking scumteam. This, ASIDE FROM the fact that we have strong evidence suggesting he was the N1 scum kill. Aside from TheWayItEnds's ability (which was truthful, yet in the hands of scum) which I believe was used truthfully, there's also how Not Chara's power AFTER THE FACT corroborated this: Not Chara made grapes immune to the nightkill, and grapes
was not aware of this
. The scum, however, were, as Not Chara was one of their first nightkills.

What has grapes done that's scum? Give me a case.

What has Almost50 done that's town?
This is one I wanted time to prepare, but for now I can just say there's enough.

What has Almost50 done that's scum?
I'll admit that there are things, but I wanted time to explain why I don't feel them to be valid.

What has Fuzzy done that's town?
This is another one I wanted to prepare, but there's plenty, from the previous slot holder to knowing Fuzzy's playstyle.

What has Fuzzy done that's scum?
Literally the only thing is that his power isn't proven.

What has Reasonably Rational done that's town?
Show me this. Serious question.

What has Reasonably Rational done that's scum?
Have you been listening at all to what I've been saying? I really can't show it much clearer than I am now. Lynch RR, and the game ends in a town win. It's not that hard to comprehend.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”