Song Contest 102 (Entries up, votes due 1/17!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:24 am

Post by xyzzy »

I picked a really good song that I don't think will do too well in the contest.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #174 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Albania -- the YouTube description for this video describes it as "One of the best song about one of the best album of one of the best ambient-cold wave band all over the world". I can't judge whether it's truly the best song in that particular category, but I appreciate the enthusiasm on YouTube user BlackRadio's part.
Central African Republic -- this makes me feel weirdly... sentimental? sentimental for something that doesn't exist. the vocals aren't very great but I will excuse them because all the rest of it is really good
Belize -- good shit op
Uruguay -- this is... just okay. it is alright. I will not listen to it again. I do not mind having listened to it once.
Hungary -- the bit in the video with the angel statue crying a tear of blood was a bit heavy handed.
Ecuador -- fuck yes my dudes
Spain -- this is very fun. fun is good. I had fun. the last 30 seconds of the video is some #relatable #content
Benin -- wow this YouTube video is more than a decade old. dang that's pretty old. anyway: song is okay
Finland -- this is the best thing so far by a very wide margin. I love it very much.
Italy -- remember a couple Song Contests ago when I talked about music that is good for listening to on a very long drive? this is that kind of music
Hong Kong -- I enjoyed this kind of music more when I was younger. now I'm just kind of eh about it
Iceland -- whoa there buddy! this isn't very good!
Kazakzstan -- ooooooooh it's very good
Canada -- I have a friend who is a really big fan of this band and so I've heard a bunch of their songs because he made me listen to a bunch of them, but it's just... not really the kind of thing I care about at all
Latvia -- I held up my cat's paws and forced him to dance to this song. I don't think he particulary cared for it.
Cote d'Ivoire -- love me an anime song
The Principality of Sealand -- this is pleasant and I feel good about it.
Azerbaijan -- it's very good
USA -- according to the video description this is the opening theme to the anime
Yuri!!! On Ice
and my girlfriend is a very big fan of that anime. that naturally biased me in favor of liking this song. I think I would've liked it anyway if it weren't for that, though.
Burkina Faso -- this is wholly pleasant and I liked it very much.
Philippines -- it's fuckin lit
Republic of Kugelmugel -- this is the only artist on this whole list I've seen live! there's some fun trivia for you all!
Japan -- I didn't really have any strong feelings about this at all tbh
Macedonia -- oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
Mali -- this is nice but I'm not, like, in love with it. it's nice.
Greece -- it was okay!
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #186 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:43 am

Post by xyzzy »

rbbl
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #234 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:40 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 19, xyzzy wrote:I picked a really good song that I don't think will do too well in the contest.
I was basically correct! a few people really loved it and then literally everyone else was like "what the shit is this"

congrats to winners! good songs!

Return to “General Discussion”