Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:31 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 1372, camn wrote:I write this only about 20℅ out of self preservation at this point...Since, despite your tunneling...I don't think you have the votes to lynch me rn.
And this very fact is why I think you are scum. It has been impossible to get you even to L-1 without you self-voting. Meanwhile it was trivial to get Spyrex to L-1 on the last few pages. Scum aren’t bussing at this point having already lost one player and being close to MYLO.

My question to you is – why is kraska Town to you? You’ve said jack all about that slot and the fact that you both are working more or less in tandem since Day 2 is a big flashing red warning sign that everyone should be looking at.
In post 1372, camn wrote:I have been begging him for the last couple days to come up with a suspect. To tell me who he thinks is scum... But nothing.
I am getting a stronger and stronger feeling that he is scum here. I don't have a hard argument for it other than just the ABSENCE of Spyrex-town. He has buddied you pretty well (which is not a scumtell in my book, fyi)...So you might be reluctant to pivot on him. But if you would just look over his ISO with a clear head..You might see it.
Here’s a question since this is basically predicated on meta (lack of Spyrex Town) – when was the last time you played with Spyrex Town?
In post 1394, camn wrote:I dare MOI to come at me tomorrow saying that I pivoted into a bus.
Look, more empty chest puffing …
In post 1396, camn wrote:If you were a Vig, and you couldn't shoot ME, who would you shoot?
Kraska 100%. No hesitation. The Miller claim only buys so much grace and her play today looks like scum. It also doesn’t help that you haven’t mentioned her in any significant way since you did what could easily be some soft distancing Day 1. I mean since there was no real pressure there at all it was nice and safe for you to lay those “suspicions” that just happen to have evaporated after Aristo gets lynched.

--
In post 1376, kraska77 wrote:i still think spyrex is probably town but his persistent vote on u makes me less and less comfortable calling him town
In post 1377, kraska77 wrote:besides this really looks nothing like pisskop's scumplay.............
anyway magna wagon has stalled out and i have zero fucks to give at this point

VOTE: spyrex this is l-1
By the way this is pure scum. Dunn as Town for me is confirmed by him twigging right to that fact also.

A flash wagon appears on kraska and I will hammer without a second thought.
In post 1388, kraska77 wrote:VOTE: moi
okay
no this is still the best place to vote
today should be a lynch in moi/camn
otherwise tomorrow will be a rerun of today's jamboree
Yup absolutely scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:36 am

Post by kraska77 »

guys you dont have to read any of moi's future posts
i can summarse them all 4 u
" *quotes post*
yup this is scum
so scum"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:05 am

In post 1401, kraska77 wrote:guys you dont have to read any of moi's future posts
i can summarse them all 4 u
" *quotes post*
yup this is scum
so scum"
Yup I get that you can't actually argue against what I'm saying so resort to this.

Why not add a pointless meme while you are at it?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:13 am

Post by SpyreX »

Id swing a last minute kraska wagon before i vote moi
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:14 am

Post by kraska77 »

u want me to tear ur walls to shreds? fine
In post 1400, MagnaofIllusion wrote: It also doesn’t help that you haven’t mentioned her in any significant way since you did what could easily be some soft distancing Day 1. I mean since there was no real pressure there at all it was nice and safe for you to lay those “suspicions” that just happen to have evaporated after Aristo gets lynched.
such bullshit
camn is definitely the person ive interacted the most with this game
we've been either going at eachother's necks or bonding the entire game

the rest of your wall is just rehashing the same "look at this quote right here, so scum" line ad nauseam. something uve been doing the ENTIRE DAY
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

Kraska if you think I'm town what really prompted the shift
Show

Proud member of BaM
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:22 am

In post 1403, SpyreX wrote:Id swing a last minute kraska wagon before i vote moi
So Spyrex and I are on board.

Dunn needs to comment on whether he'd join or not.
pisskop needs to comment and make his vote useful at this stage.
LLD needs to comment.

We have a little over a day to get this accomplished.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:32 am

In post 1404, kraska77 wrote:such bullshit
camn is definitely the person ive interacted the most with this game
we've been either going at eachother's necks or bonding the entire game

the rest of your wall is just rehashing the same "look at this quote right here, so scum" line ad nauseam. something uve been doing the ENTIRE DAY
This is "tearing apart my wall"?

Firstly I was talking about camn interacting with YOU not the other way around. Reading is fundamental!

Secondly you haven't been going at each others throats in any signficant way. Day 1 you made nice little posts claiming suspicion of each other but none of those posts ever occured when there was any pressure on either of you. And those distancing posts disappeared IMMEDIATELY Day 2 after Aristo died. Now camn is pretty much not commenting on you at all and you are doing everything you can to keep her lynch from occuring. Very much looks like partner - partner interactions ... distance early and then after you bussed your other partner (note that Aristo self-hammering makes all the sense if you both were already parked on him) defend defend defend.

And the last part is ironic coming from you ...
In post 1388, kraska77 wrote:VOTE: moi
okay
no this is still the best place to vote
today should be a lynch in moi/camn
otherwise tomorrow will be a rerun of today's jamboree
In post 1305, kraska77 wrote:I think this is scum trying to intimidate people into thinking they're town
In post 1298, kraska77 wrote:Conversely, A red MoI flip will clear you so let's do that instead of do you really think he's town now
In post 1289, kraska77 wrote:Since when has Socrates been voting camn wtf
Dunn what now
Vote MoI with me already. unless you want camn lynched instead?
In post 1221, kraska77 wrote:@dun, Socrates
Vote MoI cmon
In post 1219, kraska77 wrote:I'd rather we lynch MoI today
MoI scum flip guaranteed
But pisskop and the whole scumrobot business, I feel really shaky about
Just a sample of the litany of empty posts and repetition of "MoI is scum" and "Vote MoI" coming from your slot today. And that's 100% Town, right? But if I am pure scum for doing it.

The Cognitive Dissonance is strong with this scum.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:37 am

Post by kraska77 »

yeah yeah more bullshit
i stopped reading after this V because youre clearly cooking up bullshit here
In post 1407, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And those distancing posts disappeared IMMEDIATELY Day 2
the "distancing" (lol) stopped day 1 after i read those camn posts where she said she has a strong emotional reaction to me. i said as much then, i said i felt i was genuinely upsetting her and i said i was going to give her a break. its all there in my iso so dont you dare deny it
and ever since then, camn has been bleeding town so......
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:40 am

In post 1408, kraska77 wrote:yeah yeah more bullshit
i stopped reading after this V because youre clearly cooking up bullshit here
In post 1407, MagnaofIllusion wrote:And those distancing posts disappeared IMMEDIATELY Day 2
the "distancing" (lol) stopped day 1 after i read those camn posts where she said she has a strong emotional reaction to me. i said as much then, i said i felt i was genuinely upsetting her and i said i was going to give her a break. its all there in my iso so dont you dare deny it
and ever since then, camn has been bleeding town so......
Again the "I'm just going to call it bullshit so I don't actually have to address any of those other points" handwave. Tek.

And "Oh and that wasn't scum looking for a way to back away from the distancing we did Day 1 with some AtE excuse" is also quite quaint given it doesn't actually refute anything I said.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:46 am

Post by kraska77 »

"distancing posts disappeared IMMEDIATELY Day 2" now changes to "Oh and that wasn't scum looking for a way to back away from the distancing we did Day 1 with some AtE excuse"

"how quaint"-moi, 2016

it does refute everything you said. youre trying to build a house of cards based on the argument that we didnt interact with eachother and that the "distancing" "suddenly" "disappeared" day 2 after we lost our scumbuddy aristo
its all far from what happened. but do go on by all means
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:48 am

Post by kraska77 »

keyword is "suddenly"
the tunneling didnt just suddenly turn into seafoam.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Socrates »

MOI, serious question, has scum self-voting in order draw pity ever actually happened -- and WORKED -- on this site in the last few years?

My experience had always been the same. Player gets fed up with tedious arguing that goes nowhere, genuinely gives up, self-votes because they don't want to play anymore.

Everyone else shouts "AtE! AtE! AtE!" and then they proceed to get lynched almost every time. I have to admit that it's been a long time and, if I have seen the self-vote gambit work, I have forgotten it. Even the times I saw it flip scum, they were still genuine about giving up.

I think Camn was genuinely upset. Maybe she's not some 'wilting flower', but this game, more than most, has the power to seriously get under people's skin, especially when you feel like your main antagonist is being not just endlessly contrarian but also snarky and condescending about it at the same time.

The thing is, from my shoes, if Camn was just being being shrewd about how to best survive, all she had to do was talk to me. I think anyone can see I was not all that interested in a Camn lynch, and the only reason I hadn't yet bothered to move my vote off of her wagon was because she was in no danger when I was last online and I am slow about moving my vote around. I think a calm, manipulative Camn would see this and start engaging me directly rather than start flailing on some futile AtE gambit that just makes everyone else go "ha ha! gotem!" and has only drawn a collapsing wagon back onto her.

I think she was genuine about being upset and wanting to quit, so I ask you the following because you seem to have the most experience with her (though to hear her tell it, you're the last person to ask this question): Would Camn be more likely to get frustrated and quit as town or as scum? I've been reconsidering and maybe THIS is the time the scum overestimates my read on them.

(I'm also serious when I say that faking that kind of behavior is straight up bad sportsmanship in the first place and if she demonstrates a consistent pattern of doing this I will be policy voting her in the future.)

PS: The feeling's mutual.
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Socrates »

I had discarded my "premeditated bus" theory about aristo once Nacho flipped town, but I suppose Kraska also threw down a vote on him super-duper early, if I'm remembering.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:32 am

In post 1412, Socrates wrote:MOI, serious question, has scum self-voting in order draw pity ever actually happened -- and WORKED -- on this site in the last few years?

My experience had always been the same. Player gets fed up with tedious arguing that goes nowhere, genuinely gives up, self-votes because they don't want to play anymore.

Everyone else shouts "AtE! AtE! AtE!" and then they proceed to get lynched almost every time. I have to admit that it's been a long time and, if I have seen the self-vote gambit work, I have forgotten it. Even the times I saw it flip scum, they were still genuine about giving up.

I think Camn was genuinely upset. Maybe she's not some 'wilting flower', but this game, more than most, has the power to seriously get under people's skin, especially when you feel like your main antagonist is being not just endlessly contrarian but also snarky and condescending about it at the same time.

The thing is, from my shoes, if Camn was just being being shrewd about how to best survive, all she had to do was talk to me. I think anyone can see I was not all that interested in a Camn lynch, and the only reason I hadn't yet bothered to move my vote off of her wagon was because she was in no danger when I was last online and I am slow about moving my vote around. I think a calm, manipulative Camn would see this and start engaging me directly rather than start flailing on some futile AtE gambit that just makes everyone else go "ha ha! gotem!" and has only drawn a collapsing wagon back onto her.

I think she was genuine about being upset and wanting to quit, so I ask you the following because you seem to have the most experience with her (though to hear her tell it, you're the last person to ask this question): Would Camn be more likely to get frustrated and quit as town or as scum? I've been reconsidering and maybe THIS is the time the scum overestimates my read on them.

(I'm also serious when I say that faking that kind of behavior is straight up bad sportsmanship in the first place and if she demonstrates a consistent pattern of doing this I will be policy voting her in the future.)

PS: The feeling's mutual.
So on the first part – you are not asking the correct person. I’ve returned to site about 9 months ago. So I can’t tell you what has and hasn’t worked for scum over a few years. My gut says if I combed through Radiant Cowbell’s games I could find a scum game where he self-voted for the AtE. I’ll probably do some looking on that after I finish this reponse.

But about “AtE” getting people lynched – unless you have evidence to the contrary I strongly disagree with this sentiment. Now I'm specifically not talking about self-voting but general AtE but I think it still applies. Since my return I have seen example after example of people AtE ing as scum and getting Town read for it. Quickest example I know off the top of my head is Clumsy in SirCakez’s DC Dual Universe game. Clumsy was the scum in question on Earth 1 who did it. My post-game comment to TellTaleHeart about it was the following …

Subject: Micro 609: DC Dual Universes uPick - Game over!
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Telltale
- remember this game in the future if you ever are tempted to give someone a Town read for AtE. Had you not been hit in the feels Day 1 we might have been able to get Clumsy lynched.

As to whether Camn is more likely as scum or Town to self-vote? I can’t really tell you. I don’t know her well enough to have a solid backlog of her games to reference. We’ve already linked the Buffy game where as scum she replaced out . I don’t think it is a stretch to say she wouldn’t self-vote as scum based on that.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:34 am

Post by camn »

In post 1400, MagnaofIllusion wrote:when was the last time you played with Spyrex Town?
What do you think, Spy... Like..3 times just this year?
My games are in my wiki, Magna.

And Soc is right about how bogus discounting ACTUAL emotion as APPEAL to emotion is.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:39 am

Post by camn »

In post 1412, Socrates wrote:Would Camn be more likely to get frustrated and quit as town or as scum?
It's only the lesser aspect of me that gets that way....and I think it's either alignment. Magna said himself that he didn't understand my behavior in Buffy from a strategic perspective....And my slot went on to easily win that game. I just honestly couldn't take the shit play.

But the
real
me drinks the blood of my enemies.
No quitting.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Socrates »

@Magna: Without having read your link yet (I will), I'd like to clarify I am specifically talking about self-voting, not just general AtE. That always got special distinction because it was 'playing against your win-con' and made people mad, rather than drew pity (just like it did in this game). I would love to supply a specific example, but I don't have the time (nor energy, to be honest) to start combing through 6+ year old game threads to find one. I did quite a bit of reading of games I wasn't in, and I do have to admit that I don't entirely trust my own memory. That's why I am turning to another player.

Spy's input here would also be appreciated.

Let me look at the game you linked.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In my limited posting, I've already confirmed I want Kraska to swing.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

It wasnt a hammer. It was calculated.

Lets start the party train

VOTE: kraska
Show

Proud member of BaM
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:21 am

Post by kraska77 »

let me just say that if this actually goes through and i get lynched then this was 100% a case of scum thinking the mislynchee is too vocal and swinging the lynch on a less controversial victim
because whos going after moi when i flip? nobody
but lynching camn is literally a death sentence for moi
just fucking remember this
that camn, to the very last minute, has zero qualms about lynching moi. because thats the most protown thing that could happen today, to resolve the moi/camn bickerings
moi on the other hand has been sneakily shifting gears towards me for a while now

anyway tl;dr is do not fucking lynch camn. even if im somehow clossally wrong about moi and hes flips town, DONT LYNCH CAMN
jesus this game is frustrating
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:25 am

Post by kraska77 »

if moi were really town who scumread camn, he too would have realised that, from his point of view, lynching camn is the most protown thing he can do today
but hes scum
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:27 am

In post 1421, kraska77 wrote:if moi were really town who scumread camn, he too would have realised that, from his point of view, lynching camn is the most protown thing he can do today
but hes scum
I must Lol. Really. Because it's like you are trying to sell that I haven't been struggling to lynch Camn all day and am not still voting her.

I mean ... seriously ... this can't be Town kraska posting this.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:28 am

In post 1420, kraska77 wrote:anyway tl;dr is do not fucking lynch camn. even if im somehow clossally wrong about moi and hes flips town, DONT LYNCH CAMN
jesus this game is frustrating
Translation - if I get my mislynch and my partner off the hook then don't flip her tomorrow so we can win in MYLO ...

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:32 am

Post by kraska77 »

youve been "struggling to lynch camn" since day start, did i ever deny that
but halfway through the day you began smoothing the way for a mislynch to me, as soon as enough antikraska sentiment was around
and now that you see you have enough support, youre shifting gears

pedit jesus fucking christ
bye

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”