-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1123, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 1119, -Grey- wrote:Want to find scum? Start with those who have pushed for my lynch today after my claim.
And here come the intimidation attempts to try and keep votes off of him. Seriously how are these actions remotely town?
Oh yes, I was totally intimidating people there.

You got me!
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1124, Alisae wrote:I don't remember seeing anyone claim Ascetic. Yet again I don't exaclty have the best attention span.

So Gin, let me ask you again. What makes you so sure we have Ascetics. It's only confirmed that we have an enabler.
It's fairly irrelevant whether we do or not unless results suggest it.

Is this really the best use of your time?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 1118, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 1115, -Grey- wrote:Cop claims don't die d1 period, even if they're shitty claims.
Exactly why he is scum. He claims what he thinks is a 100% free pass.

Like I said, absolute worst case he is scum and I get lynched here. Real cop should probably target HS just incase they were town unlucky enough to accidently buy Grey and extra day.
In post 804, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:UNVOTE:

You may be lying but I see no reason to lynch a possible lie if you can fall on your own actions.

If you fake any guilty results on a townie, then we will know you're scum and we got the next days lynch being you.
If you fake any town reads on a scum, well it creates WIFOM about the players alignment but I'm doubting you'd risk connecting yourself to your scum team via night action like that.

If you are cop, and get a guilty then we know how that battle proceeds when its TvS.
If you are cop, and get a townie, then we know a townie.

The only possibility that is bad with keeping you alive is the WIFOMy fake town reads you could produce but that can be expected with any cop.

I see no further reason to push a lynch on you but I'll be straight up, I won't have your trust till D2.
Point of Reference, gotta think of what happens if he hits an ascetic.

P-Edit: Alisae, I'm going on the hypothetical that if Gamma is an
ascetic
Enabler then hypothetically ascetic exists or he is a townie with a name but no game.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:59 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1117, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:2. Ascetics who can't be invested
In post 1127, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:P-Edit: Alisae, I'm going on the hypothetical that if Gamma is an ascetic Enabler then hypothetically ascetic exists or he is a townie with a name but no game.
I'm just gonna leave these here.
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:01 pm

I don't know if this will help you understand but I'm a chemist, I go hard into theory crafting and hypotheticals. Right now I'm making sure I observe all the possibilities before I break it down into different hypotheses to test on paper and see what I get.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:03 pm

In post 1128, Alisae wrote:
In post 1127, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:P-Edit: Alisae, I'm going on the hypothetical that if Gamma is an ascetic Enabler then hypothetically ascetic exists or he is a townie with a name but no game.
I'm not following what you're seeing?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1130, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
You just went from a hard stance to hypotheticals.
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:06 pm

Oh sweet fuck. That's cherry picking. WHY DON'T YOU READ AN ENTIRE FUCKING POST BEFORE COMMENTING.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:07 pm

In post 1117, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Fuck this role modifier bullshit.

1. So we have a cop we can invest people
2. Ascetics who can't be invested
3. Millers who can't be accurately invested.
4. An Ascetic enabler, who if they die, ascetics no longer exist.

Is this accurate to what we have in the game? (At least claimed that we do)

HEY WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT.

Fuck off here if you're not here to fucking help but push small little shit like that.
krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by krylea »

In post 1117, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Fuck this role modifier bullshit.

1. So we have a cop we can invest people
2. Ascetics who can't be invested
3. Millers who can't be accurately invested.
4. An Ascetic enabler, who if they die, ascetics no longer exist.

Is this accurate to what we have in the game?
(At least claimed that we do)
In post 1131, Alisae wrote:
In post 1130, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:
You just went from a hard stance to hypotheticals.
Can we at least read the posts we are trying to criticize please?
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:08 pm

I'm going to bed, I need a fucking break before I get in another pissing match with her.

Need fucking George Washington to get rid of that damn cherry tree she loves to pick at.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Alisae »

Fine. I'll back off it for now. I'll also take some reading classes on the reading rainbow while I'm at it.
GTKAS
| here.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1136, Alisae wrote:Fine. I'll back off it for now. I'll also take some reading classes on the reading rainbow while I'm at it.
Vote Dash for great justice while you're in the mood to be cooperative, would ya?
---
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:11 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1137, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1136, Alisae wrote:Fine. I'll back off it for now. I'll also take some reading classes on the reading rainbow while I'm at it.
Vote Dash for great justice while you're in the mood to be cooperative, would ya?
Been there, did that.
;)
GTKAS
| here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hold up: WHY DIDN'T RD CLAIM IN HER FIRST POST?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

@Gamma

Because its improper play to claim as a miller in your first post. Meta that one me all you want, its the wrong move to claim miller in your first post.
In post 779, Rainbowdash wrote:You need to not only have a cop in the game but they also need to target you. Its far more of a risk, but by claiming miller you basically say to the scum "by the way there is a cop in this game". Even if you want to say both players survive two cycles, you are at about 80% chance not to be investigated. Especially in a large game, I think you can get away without a miller claim, even more if you leave some sort of a "Hey look at me, im a miller and this is a convenient breadcrumb" type post.
Why would I tell scum that there probably is a cop in the game in my first post to decrease a very small chance of being investigated to zero?
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by -Grey- »

^ #scumposting
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 1140, Rainbowdash wrote:Why would I tell scum that there probably is a cop in the game
BECAUSE COP IS SUCH A RATE ROLE AMIRITE
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by -Grey- »

rare.

Sigh.
---
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1140, Rainbowdash wrote:@Gamma

Because its improper play to claim as a miller in your first post. Meta that one me all you want, its the wrong move to claim miller in your first post.
In post 779, Rainbowdash wrote:You need to not only have a cop in the game but they also need to target you. Its far more of a risk, but by claiming miller you basically say to the scum "by the way there is a cop in this game". Even if you want to say both players survive two cycles, you are at about 80% chance not to be investigated. Especially in a large game, I think you can get away without a miller claim, even more if you leave some sort of a "Hey look at me, im a miller and this is a convenient breadcrumb" type post.
Why would I tell scum that there probably is a cop in the game in my first post to decrease a very small chance of being investigated to zero?
WHY IS IT ANTITOWN TO CLAIM MILLER FIRST POST. THAT'S ASS FUCKING BACKWARDS. AND I THOUGHT I WAS SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS BECAUSE NO ONE WAS CLAIMING ASCETIC.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Here's the deal.
Claiming Miller first post means scum can't fakeclaim miller under cop investigation.
<Embrace The Void>

All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by All Alone »

VOTE: Rainbowdash

Not buying the miller claim. Two negative-utility roles is unheard of in a mini normal, and I'm pretty sure RBD has been around long enough to know that. I think if she was really a miller, she'd have shown a
lot
more reservation about Gamma's ascetic enabler claim than she has.
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm with AA here: the Miller claim goes against my role AND standard Miller play.
<Embrace The Void>

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 1145, Gamma Emerald wrote:Here's the deal.
Claiming Miller first post means scum can't fakeclaim miller under cop investigation.
As I said: Risk reward.

Chances are low that any individual player will never hit a situation that they have to claim and a cop targets them. You balance a cop such that they will get about two investigations in a game before they die, meaning that any single player has at most a 1 in 6 chance of being targeted. I think my target rate is far below that for how often a cop runs into me, so im not going to claim miller in my first post. It simply is bad math to do so.

I would 100% prefer to end up looking town enough to not get targeted instead of tell scum "by the way im not a threat to you and there is a cop".

Seriously just play with an assumption that there is a cop (not always given with miller) and 13 players...

D1 there is only a 85% chance (at best) neither role gets ran up
N1 there is only a 78% chance both roles live (assuming town lynch) and a 9% chance cop hits miller
To note... that is already a 34% chance one of cop/miller have claimed or died
D2 82% chance that one claims/is lynched
N2 20% one dies (assume one scum is dead - otherwise 22%) and 10% chance cop hits miller

So basically... chance that cop and miller live to D3 is about 40%... compared to around 25% that cop targets miller

Yeah. Miller doesn't claim.
All Alone wrote:VOTE: Rainbowdash

Not buying the miller claim. Two negative-utility roles is unheard of in a mini normal, and I'm pretty sure RBD has been around long enough to know that. I think if she was really a miller, she'd have shown a
lot
more reservation about Gamma's ascetic enabler claim than she has.
Way too bizarre of a role for somepony to fabricate like that. Its real, even if Gamma is scum its real.
You don't earn
loyalty
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

I want each player voting me to state that no matter WHAT Grey claims D2 you lynch him. If he claims a guilty. You lynch him. If he claims and inno. You lynch him. If he claims he got Ascetic. You lynch him.
You don't earn
loyalty

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”