Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9250 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9248, Ankamius wrote:No, I've been scumreading Mathblade pretty consistently for a while now.

The info I got from this exchange only makes me more sure that slot is scum.
Then explain it. Convince people.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9251 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9249, MathBlade wrote:It is completely uncalled for to say I am lying about a mental condition.
I can't explain the reads part without giving away all of my scum play and doing a trust tell. I am ignoring those last two sentences.
Oh my god I didn't understand you were talking about a mental condition. I am so sorry. I'll just shut up now and take a break.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9252 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Although there is a possibility that I'm wrong and the explanation instead is that Mathblade isn't able to accurately process the gamestate with the fact that it's a bastard game in mind.

Both explanations fit why Mathblade is having so much trouble accepting that my role exists in the state that it does.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9253 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Okay. Assume I am scum. Explain why I am scum.
Assume I am Town. Explain what consequences derive there of.

Have a discussion Ank.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9254 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9251, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 9249, MathBlade wrote:It is completely uncalled for to say I am lying about a mental condition.
I can't explain the reads part without giving away all of my scum play and doing a trust tell. I am ignoring those last two sentences.
Oh my god I didn't understand you were talking about a mental condition. I am so sorry. I'll just shut up now and take a break.
Apology accepted.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9255 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by Ankamius »

No, at this point I'm convinced that it is entirely impossible for us to be able to read each other at all.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9256 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

UNVOTE: Mathblade

I'm going back to standby, I got what I needed from that.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9257 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Thanks. Really, I am so sorry. I'll take 1000 ice packs after I go bang my head on a wall a few million more times.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9258 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9245, BigYoshiFan wrote:Also, Idgaf. Also, I don't believe you.
Uh yeah this is kinda over the line. I can confirm Math isn't lying about real life conditions.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9259 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9257, BigYoshiFan wrote:Thanks. Really, I am so sorry. I'll take 1000 ice packs after I go bang my head on a wall a few million more times.
*builds a barrier so Yoshi doesn't need any ice packs*

As much as some things frustrate me about people my therapist says ignorance cannot be taken offense of. This was that. I am an acquired taste.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9260 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

oh it was sorted and preview didn't tell me rip
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9261 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9258, JaeReed wrote:
In post 9245, BigYoshiFan wrote:Also, Idgaf. Also, I don't believe you.
Uh yeah this is kinda over the line. I can confirm Math isn't lying about real life conditions.
Yoshi has apologized let's move on and play Mafia.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9262 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Yeah I thought the thread was still at where I had read for some reason.

UNVOTE:

I don't have any reads I'm comfortable with pushing to a lynch now. Math wouldn't have brought up what they did as scum I think.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9263 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

To be clear a mental condition is not alignment indicative. A trigger point is not alignment indicative. Yoshi's post about not believing me is not dick indicative. If you scum read me fine. Do so and explain why.

If you don't explain them I will not trust you. That is how I roll.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9264 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9262, JaeReed wrote:Yeah I thought the thread was still at where I had read for some reason.

UNVOTE:

I don't have any reads I'm comfortable with pushing to a lynch now. Math wouldn't have brought up what they did as scum I think.
I am transparent as either alignment. I would bring this up as scum or town or 3P. I almost ripped into Wake for Gistou gender shit as I was a balling mess and threw my keyboard. If you are going to townread me so be it but never assume I would or wouldn't do something as any alignment.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9265 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I'm not saying your condition is AI, but you mentioning it to explain why you have difficulties connecting with the more emotional readers this game is, I feel. Also, you are generally more agreeable to at least someone in the game when you're pushing your mislynches as scum but I feel like less people are connecting with you here.

I'm thinking as scum here you wouldn't have needed to explain it, and I kind of feel that you probably wouldn't explain it as scum but rather adjust your play to compensate for the issues people were having, if that makes sense?
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9266 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 6, Vote Count #21

Current Vote Count:

(0)
SirCakez
(0)
Giovanni il Pellegrino
(1)
MathBlade -- BigYoshiFan
(3)
PeregrineV -- Nahdia, Not Chara, MathBlade
(0)
Nahdia
(0)
Accountant
(0)
Not Chara
(0)
Ankamius
(2)
BigYoshiFan -- Creeps20, Accountant
(0)
Narna
(1)
Almost50 -- Narna
(0)
JaeReed
(0)
Creeps20

Not Voting:
PeregrineV, Giovanni il Pellegrino, Almost50, SirCakez, Ankamius, JaeReed

With 13 votes available, it takes 7 votes to hammer.

Creeps20 is V/LA until 1/2.

Day 6 Will End on Monday, December 26th, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2016-12-26 21:00:00)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9267 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I think Ank and I being in the hood together started a hilarity of events because we are so diametrically opposed. I can't read Ank and can't trust him for that reason. It is for the same reason I don't think Ank can trust me.

@JaeReed -- It may be. If it is I will have to adjust my scum play to compensate. In my scum games it usually never happens to have this level of conflict to where it comes out.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9268 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Erm just a moment please.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9269 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9264, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9262, JaeReed wrote:Yeah I thought the thread was still at where I had read for some reason.

UNVOTE:

I am transparent as either alignment. I would bring this up as scum or town or 3P. I almost ripped into Wake for Gistou gender shit as I was a balling mess and threw my keyboard. If you are going to townread me so be it but never assume I would or wouldn't do something as any alignment.
Gender stuff is NAI because that's separate from how you're reading people.

This isn't. It's not your reaction to him saying he didn't believe you, it's the fact it was brought up so heavily in the first place. Scum!You would have less need to bring it up because it's not a genuine clash.

I just don't know where that leaves my reads anymore.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9270 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9267, MathBlade wrote:If it is I will have to adjust my scum play to compensate.
Crap I shouldn't have explained it =P I could have had an easier time reading you in the future.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9271 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I would say the same I said to Ank. Assume I am Town what are the consequences. What if I am scum? What teams emerge? With how many Town have gone down it may be a good idea to think in teams.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9272 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9270, JaeReed wrote:
In post 9267, MathBlade wrote:If it is I will have to adjust my scum play to compensate.
Crap I shouldn't have explained it =P I could have had an easier time reading you in the future.
It makes for a better mafia game if a person has no meta tells.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9273 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9265, JaeReed wrote:I'm not saying your condition is AI, but you mentioning it to explain why you have difficulties connecting with the more emotional readers this game is, I feel. Also, you are generally more agreeable to at least someone in the game when you're pushing your mislynches as scum but I feel like less people are connecting with you here.

I'm thinking as scum here you wouldn't have needed to explain it, and I kind of feel that you probably wouldn't explain it as scum but rather adjust your play to compensate for the issues people were having, if that makes sense?
In post 9269, JaeReed wrote:
In post 9264, MathBlade wrote:

UNVOTE:

Gender stuff is NAI because that's separate from how you're reading people.

This isn't. It's not your reaction to him saying he didn't believe you, it's the fact it was brought up so heavily in the first place. Scum!You would have less need to bring it up because it's not a genuine clash.

I just don't know where that leaves my reads anymore.
My scumread on MathBlade is probably terminated now for this. My suspicions are there, but weakened substantially.
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9274 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by BigYoshiFan »

UNVOTE: MathBlade