Micro 667 - Chosen Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Grendel »

@Creature

Do you still have a town block?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hiraki wrote:
In post 529, Grendel wrote:I've explicitly said that you've seen me favor lynching secondary/tertiary scum reads over my primary ones.
Keyword: might - there were no definite in my statement. This is literally the first time we have played. If I'm wrong, I honestly don't remember off-hand.

I actually did not know. I know people that do that and I know people like me who do not enjoy quick compromises on second/third scumreads if they're that far down the list.
Well we didn't actually play together, but it was in game where I was spectating while posting reads. You're dead there so you would have seen them.

I was reasoning that I'd rather lynch my secondary scum read because they made sense with more scum teams then the primary scum read did. Its not a prefect tie to this situation, but does demonstrate that I don't always tie my vote to my top sr.

I'm not naming names for obvious reasons.
In post 547, Grendel wrote:His wagon lacks the fluidly of many others this game. Wouldn'y that mean that scum don't want this lynch to happen?
This is very assumptive. Dave is also the one player people are uneasy to comment on. I don't think it's due to alignment reasons.
A lot of people voiced opinions that a Dave lynch is okay throughout D1. But nobody actually did anything about it. That seemed... off to me. Why shade with no votes, if he were town actnng this way he is lynch baity, but up until now he hasn't gotten more then a vote or two throughout D1.

Why would scum be avoiding town!Dave?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Creature »

I don't think I can even keep a townblock at this moment.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Creature »

Tenshii seemed pretty town, but tbh I don't know how Tenshii plays as scum.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Creature »

It's funny, when I played with Tenshii the first time he scumread me for townreading him.
Sigh
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

Id' be willing to townblock with creature, but at this point, only creature.
nah
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Creature »

I think I am only willing to townblock with TTTT right now, maybe shaddowez, but I would like more opinions on him.
Sigh
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:52 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 548, Creature wrote:Meh, I keep looking at the games he played so far and he has been mislynched a couple of times. Maybe you should take a look too.
I just checked out Dave's other games. He does get mislynched a lot.

He doesn't have any completed scum games, but I'd imagine that there isn't much of a difference between them.

Anyways, last time I put off lynching somebody who was lynch bait, they flipped scum, and I was lynched for it.
Creature wrote:I think I am only willing to townblock with TTTT right now, maybe shaddowez, but I would like more opinions on him.
Well here is what I said about him a few pages ago.
In post 489, Grendel wrote:
Shaddowez-

Spoiler:
In post 158, shaddowez wrote:This game is ridiculous to read.

Pretty sure Creature is town here. There was no reason to unvote Human if he was scum, since getting a wagon to L-1 in RVS isn't unheard of, and if someone else derphammered he could have easily justified it. Additionally pointing out Misa's vote count in makes no sense as scum.

mewtaph has nothing in their ISO except for agreeing with/not agreeing with reads. He says nothing about his read on Vedith in , but says he likes everyone on it as town except Tenshii then votes Tenshii. Asks Misa for reads in , then sheeps a vote on her in before she answers.

Vedith is impossible to read, as usual, but if mew flips scum I wouldn't be surprised if that's a partner based on 76. and add to this feeling as well.

I don't like Human tunneling on Vedith like he is, but I don't know if it's scummy.

Still trying to parse through everything else, but want to do this for now.

VOTE: mewtaph

I actually really liked his points on Mewtaph in 158. I also think that it was interesting how he brought this point up to discussion but was largely ignored. And what this implicates about Mew.

Spoiler:
In post 302, shaddowez wrote:Except you're not, which is the scummy part. You're throwing all sorts of shade (,, ,), but you never vote me or try to convince anyone else I'm scum. All you do is say I'm scum for lurking/dodging, but would rather lynch somebody else first. Additionally, if you actually thought I was scum way back in 165 for a "scum slip", you would've pushed me a hell of a lot harder.

Haven't seen a recent VC yet, but don't really care.

VOTE: Vedith
In post 307, shaddowez wrote:More specifically from that post:
In post 305, shaddowez wrote:
In post 196, Vedith wrote:
In post 195, nn30 wrote:Why are you scum reading me human
If you're actually town and not scum, it's probably because you're not a chosen one and
Human is trying to mark you as one hoping for my flip of chosen.
:up:
As I said, 1 for 1 is good for them, then to paint someone else as a chosen, cherry on top.
If Human is scum like Vedith is saying, he doesn't need to
hope
for Vedith to flip as chosen, he would know if Vedith was or not.

In his case on Vedith that largely stems from his gut. Its apparent that Vedith had Shadow as a tertiary read which is… common from any alignment. Shaddowez scum read is largely reactionary fmpov, and not very telling into his alignment beyond that he might play emotionally as one of them(302). The “scum slip” that Shadowez pointed out at in 305, and 307, dosen’t make any sense to me. In fact it seems more likely that town would misinterpret the rules to the game then mafia.

Spoiler:
In post 448, shaddowez wrote:DL is paused, so unless someone hammers I don't how I'm the definite lynch, that can easily swing.

Just saw that Vedith is replacing out, but I still think that slot is scum. I hate preflip associatives, but the other strong scum read I have at this time in Tenshii.

Dave is playing like a VI, but I don't think he's scum.

I think you're town, and I think Human is town.

nn30 is playing similarly to the other game I was in with him where he was scum, and his comment about me in gives me the jeebies.

I was originally reading Mew as scum, but their play was getting better, but that's another slot that is getting replaced so I wouldn't want to do anything with it.

I have to read TTTT again, but I have a gut town read on that slot.

For some reason his paranoia for nn30 in 448 seem incredibility genuine to me. I didn’t like how he decided to unvote my slot just because I was replacing in. He seemed so positive that my slot was scum, but the dropped it once Vedith was no longer playing. I’d like to think he was just following parliamentary procedure to be nice but idk.

I didn’t find anything insightful on his wagon, other then being bothered that it wasn’t on Dave whose posting is significantly worse, or nn30 for his scuminess. It also had this fluid quality that irked my like it was scum motivated. Town rarely come to such a natural cohesive conclusion by themselves when scum hunting. Usally mafia can make things smooth like grease, or slow like molasses D1. Unless you have lots of good town players, which um...

Ehh he might evolve into a town read depending. Im currently null.
He is mainly a null read, but I kind of want to town read him.
PsychoticDave
PsychoticDave
Goon
PsychoticDave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:20 am

Post by PsychoticDave »

HS, if Town knows when it's a mislynch, how does one ever happen? That's just redundant logic.
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Tenshii »

In post 503, Grendel wrote:
Tenshii
In post 53, Tenshii wrote:VOTE: Vedith

L-1. Serious vote. I think his early townreads are there for the sake of buddying and not for the sake of getting information during RVS.
I think that Tenshii was fishing for a lol fake hammer for reactions here? That’s the only logical explanation I chould come up with. Plus his reasoning is completely fallous. Like Vedith wasn’t dropping any town reads before 53.
He stated very early game posts where "X is town." There are people that have interpreted them as shitposts but there's more scum motivation behind it than town.
In post 503, Grendel wrote: [1] I think that it is interesting how he was the founder of the Misa wagon, and at the surprising rate which Misa’s wagon grew. If Misa/TTTT were to flip chosen I wonder what that would make Tenshi (probably scum tbh). Also, I wonder about the plausibility of a TenshixHiraki scum team. For some reason the two really 'click' for me.

[2] Quickly glancing through his posts I see other instances of questionable logic, but none of the pops out as scum to me. I’m not going to hen peck at his other posts. He actually seems to want to be useful in a way that didn't look faked. Tenshii can have a nice cozy spot on the back burner.

[3] Oh, but I would like to know Tenshii's thoughts on Dave's flip to nn30, as he seemed to think it implicated bussing on Dave's part. Is Dave scum again Tenshii?

[3] And if he is would you vote him over nn30?
1. Where is the basis of Tenshii x Hikari coming from? This comes off as throwing shade rather than bringing up actual points to the table.
2. This too. You're implying that you have some sort of scumread on me yet I don't see any progression of you doing so. If you don't have a scumread on me, you're just throwing shade here again.
3. Dave's flip is only scummy in the sense that Dave get's town credit if nn30 flips scum. Regardless I don't thnk Dave is scum.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:32 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 575, Grendel wrote:Why would scum be avoiding town!Dave?
Town!Dave seems like the kind of mislynch scum save for later

HS is practically offering marriage proposals to nn
so I'm re-reading both of them
also, I agree with Creature that scum might not push chosen town so soon
I think that kind of analysis should be saved for late game

semi-V/LA the next two days
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Tenshii »

@Grendel Where do you stand wrt Dave atm?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Grendel »

UNVOTE:

I'm done with Dave. My top town reads don't seemed thrilled with that lynch, and he appears to always play... this way. I'm probably barking up the wrong tree.

I almost want to lynch human now. :/

The more I think about it the more I feel like I hand waved them without giving them enough attention.

I was hoping nn30 would be around so I could talk to him and assure myself of my read on him, but he isn't around.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Creature »

That feeling when you notice you almost always townreading whoever townreads you.
Sigh
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 583, Tenshii wrote:
In post 503, Grendel wrote:
Tenshii
In post 53, Tenshii wrote:VOTE: Vedith

L-1. Serious vote. I think his early townreads are there for the sake of buddying and not for the sake of getting information during RVS.
I think that Tenshii was fishing for a lol fake hammer for reactions here? That’s the only logical explanation I chould come up with. Plus his reasoning is completely fallous. Like Vedith wasn’t dropping any town reads before 53.
He stated very early game posts where "X is town." There are people that have interpreted them as shitposts but there's more scum motivation behind it than town.
Do you mean post 13? I'm pretty sure that was a joke post.
In post 503, Grendel wrote: [1] I think that it is interesting how he was the founder of the Misa wagon, and at the surprising rate which Misa’s wagon grew. If Misa/TTTT were to flip chosen I wonder what that would make Tenshi (probably scum tbh). Also, I wonder about the plausibility of a TenshixHiraki scum team. For some reason the two really 'click' for me.

[2] Quickly glancing through his posts I see other instances of questionable logic, but none of the pops out as scum to me. I’m not going to hen peck at his other posts. He actually seems to want to be useful in a way that didn't look faked. Tenshii can have a nice cozy spot on the back burner.

[3] Oh, but I would like to know Tenshii's thoughts on Dave's flip to nn30, as he seemed to think it implicated bussing on Dave's part. Is Dave scum again Tenshii?

[3] And if he is would you vote him over nn30?
1. Where is the basis of Tenshii x Hikari coming from? This comes off as throwing shade rather than bringing up actual points to the table.
2. This too. You're implying that you have some sort of scumread on me yet I don't see any progression of you doing so. If you don't have a scumread on me, you're just throwing shade here again.
3. Dave's flip is only scummy in the sense that Dave get's town credit if nn30 flips scum. Regardless I don't thnk Dave is scum.
The reason I think you could be scum with Hiraki's slot is due to how Mewtaph had a weird vote on you when he started analyzing an wagon (Vediths) that I thought could have been distancing since it wasn't but a few pages later that you were both on the Misa wagon.

Also Hiraki/Mewtaph had a light, easy to ditch, town read on you before subbing out. While you didn't say Mewtaph/Hiraki are town reads, you never voiced any suspicion towards that slot. And there was minimal interaction between the two of you so far.

And gut too, of course.

For your second point... what exactly quantifies "shade" to you? I know its a sidetrack, but you seem to love using it for every interaction you disagree with.

You're still sitting at the bottom of my null reads btw. So you are lower priority then others. BUT if you feel that neglected- then keep talking to me. I'll sort you eventually lol.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

I really don't know what to do about nn30. I said I'd give him a chance, but I'm beginning to feel like he is riding out my good will.

Could use a up to date vc too.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 574, Human Sequencer wrote:Scum don't need to read the thread, they already know everybody's alignment so scumhunting isn't a priority for them.
Cheeky. I enjoyed this.

@Grendel:

I'm going to drop the argument for the same reasons that you are but I would like to make it clear that you and I have not played a game together therefore you cannot push the assertion that I know how you think in game.
Grendel wrote:I just checked out Dave's other games. He does get mislynched a lot.
I'm being very lazy. Does he usually act like this? Or does it have a lot to do with the playerlist?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

Yea, this looks a lot like how he played in his other games.

Lurky, abrasive, not very helpful. The only thing missing is him "lol" voting while drunk.

Leaves me wondering why he even wants to play mafia in the first place.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Votecount 1.12

nn30 (4) - Creature, TTTT, PsychoticDave, Hiraki
PsychoticDave (2) - nn30, Human Sequencer
shaddowez (1) - Tenshii
Tenshii (1) - shaddowez

Not Voting (1) - Grendel

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-12-27 09:09:34)
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:43 pm

welp looks like lynch will happen while i'm at work
still confident in dave lynch atm
nah
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

I'll hammer nn30 before I go to bed tonight (within the next two hours).

He barely even tried to work with me, and his absence in the last 24 hours smells like scum guilt.

No way town nn30 would resign himself to being lynched after I offered to help him.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

VOTE: nn30

Good night everybody.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 am

I still think this will flip town.
nah
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:01 am

Post by Creature »

Hopefully not Chosen.
Sigh
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:12 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Votecount 1.13

nn30 (5) - Creature, TTTT, PsychoticDave, Hiraki, Grendel
PsychoticDave (2) - nn30, Human Sequencer
shaddowez (1) - Tenshii
Tenshii (1) - shaddowez

Not Voting (0) -

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-12-27 09:09:34)

A lynch has been reached!

nn30,
townie
, lynched day 1.

It is now night 1. The deadline for night 1 is exactly 2 days from this post, or in (expired on 2016-12-29 11:12:19).
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:28 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Grendel,
townie
, killed night 1.

It is now day 2. With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

The deadline for day 2 is exactly 2 weeks from this post, or in (expired on 2017-01-12 11:27:46).

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”