Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 175, Narna wrote:what did you like about the vote?
Seemed geniune.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

At least this thread is easy to catch up on.

VOTE: DodgeTheSaint

First, I'd still like to hear an answer to this question:
In post 128, Leonshade wrote:
In post 74, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 72, Leonshade wrote:Ms Columbo's questions are a bit awkward, but they're the kinds of questions I could see a newb asking when trying to figure people out.

@DodgeTheSaint:
Post 53 reads like you scumread McMenno, I'd like to hear why.
Eh, the situation changed a bit on his part.
Changed how?
Second, I don't like your ISO. Most of your ISO is yammering on about the topic of interaction with the other thread, and while your negative viewpoint on it is NAI, the way you talk about it isn't. First, your talking points on the topic are too general, it's mechanics talk/information instead of analysis. Second, reads disingenuous:
In post 162, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Nah, the activity in this thread is really perfect right now.

Here was my thought process coming into the game.

Me: Scum always look for the easy way to make posts. What's the easy way in this game? "Scumhunting" the other thread. Okay. I can respond one of two ways. One, I can let players do it for a bit, and try to catch them out on it.
Two, I can attack the first player to do it, judge reactions, and generally just try to shut it down.

I chose my second option, for better or worse.

You seem to be backing off your original point now that it's obvious everyone disagrees with it. Also, you claim that you "attacked" the first player as a reaction test and to try to shut down this antitown behavior, but that's not even what happened:
In post 27, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 20, Narna wrote:Mcmenno is looking towny. Kmd can be scum though.

VOTE: Kmd4390

Spoiler: Smackdown
Titus looks town
Alternatively, we can also vote this. When you see it...
You threw shade at Narna to start things off. You later tried to use it as a scumtell, but then you backed off of that after your interactions with Narna. But you don't say you changed your mind, you say "lol reaction test"? That's BS.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 112, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 110, Narna wrote:I think we could have gotten more reactions from players and especially Thinkbig had his submission gotten closer to the deadline. I personally wanted more than some omgus for him to get out of it.
Keep hold of that thought, we'll come back to it later.
I'd like to hear about this, too.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Vince McMahon »

Vote Count 1.05
Leonshade
(1/7)
- Penguinos
Ms. Columbo
(1/7)
- Not_An_McMenno_Alt
Narna
(0/7)
-
ThinkBig
(1/7)
- Almost Chara
Kmd4390
(0/7)
-
Almost Chara
(0/7)
-
Not_An_McMenno_Alt
(1/7)
- DodgeTheSaint
Lil Uzi Vert
(1/7)
- Narna
Banana Mint
(0/7)
-
Penguinos
(0/7)
-
DodgeTheSaint
(2/7)
- Lil Uzi Vert, Leonshade
Nero Cain
(1/7)
- ThinkBig
Malpascp
(2/7)
- Ms. Columbo, Kmd4390
Not Voting:
Banana Mint, Nero Cain, Malpascp

Notes:
- Looking for a replacement for ThinkBig

(expired on 2017-01-04 12:30:00) until the end of Day One.
With 13 alive, it takes seven to lynch.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Narna »

In post 176, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 175, Narna wrote:what did you like about the vote?
Seemed geniune.
Igot the exact opposite vibe, but I'll give you a chance.

VOTE: thinkbig

Banana and nero have some bop I feel like they haven't delivered on inthe slightest.

Spoiler: why the fuck do some people want to draft Nero right now
for real
Banana Mint
Banana Mint
Townie
Banana Mint
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Banana Mint »

Christmas prod dodge
Hydra of hiplop and Radja
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 121, Narna wrote:
In post 116, Ms Columbo wrote:
In post 93, Narna wrote: I liked your 21 a lot, but I'm not a fan of this.
Thinkbig was asking for it
; it was hilarious.
@Narna - How was Thinkbig asking for it?
He was first to step into the ring with Kane lurking.
Thanks. Please give me a bit more. I am caught up and see that you voted TB.

First - For clarity, are Kane and McMenno (Not_An_McMenno_Hydra) the same player?
Second - Does TB have enough experience here to know that McMenno was apt to do something like this?

Here's my thought on the TB situatio: I chuckled a bit at McMenno's first play - a player having the chutzpah to do that straight out of the gate. However, I understand why a new player or someone who does not have a history with McMenno would feel attacked and might overreact (at least initially.) Now, if TB has a history with McMenno and players who know him expected such a move, than TB's reaction looks a little scummier. The back-and-forth fizzled soon enough that I mostly found it NAI.

If TB is new, I get why someone might defend him or find McMenno's move problematic. If it's general player knowledge that TB 'should have know better', then those who support TB do not make as much sense. I don't lean McMenno one way or the other for that move.

What I don't understand is those who read TB as town. Here is my paraphrase of the 9 posts he made:

Spoiler:
1. "Let's rumble" and votes
2. Vote scum-McMenno
3. Doesn't think he's played with McMenno before
4. McMenno's actions = scum
5. Vote McMenno (the vote does not count)
6. Thanks me for clarifying his vote situation
7. Answers my question that his first vote was random
8. V/LA for three days
9. Requests replacement

What in that convinces someone he is Town? I understand a null read, but not town.

As time progressed and TB did not participate (other than to request a V/LA), I'm starting to wonder if he is struggling to post as scum. It's a hard call to make with all the potential holiday stuff. Then TB requests a replacement.

The players who find TB town are: kmd and AllAlone/Lil Uzi Vert

My take on AllAlone was he voted on McMenno more for what McMenno did than his read he on TB. When Lil Uzi Vert subs in his first read includes this:
In post 154, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Pages 1-2

- TB's reaction to the dayvig thing is NAI as Penguinos pointed out in .
Ever since he has started improving, he has been a lot more serious about things for whatever reason so I wouldn't read into it
What? How is anything in those limited posts (see spoiler section above) starting improvement? How is that town? This is pinging me. I also find it interesting that kmd and Lil Uzi Vert are town reading each other. Possible scum = TB/kmd/Lil Uzi Vert? I doubt it's that simple, but it's what sticks out to me now.

VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

To be fair, I did like Lil Uzi Vert's reaction to Dodge. This felt like he was trying to see things from Dodge's perspective. Typically, I don't think scum does this well.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I was talking about his improvement over the course of the last month. His reaction to McMemmo didn't ping me at all because I've watched him become the kind of player to overreact to things like that. He's also still fairly new and inexperienced.

I don't recall ever giving a read on him by the way.
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

I'm on an UNOFFICIAL V/LA. I very much think I will be able to meet the deadlines for posting and all, but I'm not exactly available as much as I usually am. This is also temporary so no need to declare official V/LA

Spoiler: Titus
After deliberating with NC we "might" settle for a Grey draft. It's not final yet (we have to see how the day goes on both threads) but we now are leaning Town on him.

KT should be tested tonight for that PR claim. Aside from it, he is agreeing with everything and it's opposite of late. He is OMGUSing everyone who as much as points a finger his way. He calls himself a low hanging fruit to avoid being heavily suspected (exactly the way he acted in that pk modded game).

Hell, I claimed JK once when I was a goon and we had a SCUM JK in our team. I went on to win the game exploiting night results to my favour. I don't know if KT's the type to do THAT though. *Shrug*

About Maria: I still TR her, and very much so. I've only played once with her (I think) though, but I can relate to everything she said so far. I don't see where you have this "Maria is scum" from tbh. Vifam is another story. Some of his posts feel townie, other are scummy. His worst stance though (from my PoV) is that push on you.

So, 3 STRONG Town Reads are you, Tywin & Maria (plus massive is confirmed town if scum DO know who their scum partners on the other thread are). I think that's more than enough for me to know for now about SD as I can only draft ONE player a night, so worst case scenario is Maria gets lynched, you are undraftable, I can draft Tywin (or Grey if I get a stronger town read on him by the end of the day).

@Raw:

I'm not lynching Narna, Nero, McMenno or Leonshade on D1. I'd rather not lynch Kmd either but that's not an absolute/final decision.

I don't like the recent post or two by LUV, and I had a scum lean on DTS for his entrance. Everyone else is in my null pile for lack of proper contribution so far. Hopefully this will change in a few days or I might be inclined to force you to show up, and I mean what I say.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:02 am

Post by Leonshade »

With Narna and Columbo on the TB slot, null leaning scum for me. TB apparently having a history of overreacting does make me lean more towards null for now.

@Ms Columbo:
Kane is the character/wrestler McMenno has. Everyone's wrestler is listed in the first post, but it looks like they're only listed in pictures, so if you don't know the flavor, you won't know who anyone is. The sign-up thread does have a list attaching the faces to the character names, if you really want to find out (though I don't think it's that relevant right now).

@AC:
I'd like to hear about your TRs on me and Nero. I feel like I haven't done much so far, and neither has Nero.
- Vecna
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Narna »

In post 182, Ms Columbo wrote:
In post 121, Narna wrote:
In post 116, Ms Columbo wrote:
In post 93, Narna wrote: I liked your 21 a lot, but I'm not a fan of this.
Thinkbig was asking for it
; it was hilarious.
@Narna - How was Thinkbig asking for it?
He was first to step into the ring with Kane lurking.
Thanks. Please give me a bit more. I am caught up and see that you voted TB.
I'm not sure about their experience, but their replace out is suspicious. They get called out for their poorly justified mcmenno read (which was all they had contributed) and just leave? The replacement is obviously not going to be able to respond to what he was thinking, and I doubt they will be held accountable for it. If Thinkbig is a rookie, it could easily be scum who put themselves in a hole.

I do adore this post though. Columbo is a townread for me.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Narna »

We should aggressively draft the power role for ourselves in KT since smackdown seems ungrateful.

@AC why grey?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:10 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Note: Christmas Activity Rule Suspension is over. Will now start from here.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Penguinos
Penguinos
Goon
Penguinos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Penguinos »

Semi-back from holidays. I read through this thread once but I am still lost, so this isn't going to be a terribly constructive post. Something leonshade posted sounded scummy. Seems like reading both threads is optimal, why were people calling it scummy to read the other thread?

Going to lunch shortly, might be able to respond more thoroughly later tonight, if not tomorrow at work for sure.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Do a reread when you get the chance. I feel like you may have noticed something I didn't.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ms columbo, my town read on lil is news to me. I didn't realize I had much of a read on him. So thanks for clearing that up. Also, yeah, thinkbig town is my steongest town read in the game. It's obvious why he was so bothered by mcmenno's action, but if you can't figure out why, I'm not going into it. Maybe scum can't figure it out either. The replace out is a bit more than mildly annoying though. This kind of thing is why people who replace out shouldn't be allowed to join new games for at least a month.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:50 am

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

In post 177, Leonshade wrote:At least this thread is easy to catch up on.

VOTE: DodgeTheSaint

First, I'd still like to hear an answer to this question:
In post 128, Leonshade wrote:
In post 74, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 72, Leonshade wrote:Ms Columbo's questions are a bit awkward, but they're the kinds of questions I could see a newb asking when trying to figure people out.

@DodgeTheSaint:
Post 53 reads like you scumread McMenno, I'd like to hear why.
Eh, the situation changed a bit on his part.
Changed how?
Changed because votes break submissions. I digested the ability as needing another player to use an ability to break it. To me, he was fishing for someone else to use their ability to break the submission, because no way we'd allow someone to be killed in the first 48. A single vote breaking submissions surprised me.
Second, I don't like your ISO. Most of your ISO is yammering on about the topic of interaction with the other thread, and while your negative viewpoint on it is NAI, the way you talk about it isn't. First, your talking points on the topic are too general, it's mechanics talk/information instead of analysis. Second, reads disingenuous:
In post 162, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Nah, the activity in this thread is really perfect right now.

Here was my thought process coming into the game.

Me: Scum always look for the easy way to make posts. What's the easy way in this game? "Scumhunting" the other thread. Okay. I can respond one of two ways. One, I can let players do it for a bit, and try to catch them out on it.
Two, I can attack the first player to do it, judge reactions, and generally just try to shut it down.

I chose my second option, for better or worse.

You seem to be backing off your original point now that it's obvious everyone disagrees with it. Also, you claim that you "attacked" the first player as a reaction test and to try to shut down this antitown behavior, but that's not even what happened:
First, I'm right about this, so you can slow you roll there buddy. Furthermore, once players started reading what I was writing instead of going "Dodge is telling us not to read...SCUM", it turns out that THEY AGREE. But sure, let's pretend that I'm backing off because 'everyone disagrees'. When you join me in the reality of this game, let me know.
In post 27, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 20, Narna wrote:Mcmenno is looking towny. Kmd can be scum though.

VOTE: Kmd4390

Spoiler: Smackdown
Titus looks town
Alternatively, we can also vote this. When you see it...
You threw shade at Narna to start things off. You later tried to use it as a scumtell, but then you backed off of that after your interactions with Narna. But you don't say you changed your mind, you say "lol reaction test"? That's BS.
I cannot help you if you don't know the difference between someone sorting a player, and someone going 'lol reaction test'. Guess which one I actually did? (here's a hint: I interacted with a player, was satisfied, and moved on.) Still don't know? Well okay.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

First thing first, I'm not very current so some of the things I have to say may be outdated or whatnot. Titus, you need to shut the hell up. If I was scum reading you I would have said I was scumreading you. Of course noe I'm left to wonder if this "policy kill Nero if he suspects me" is some kind of scum ploy to gain sympanty. I've also made it clear that I think that Maria, Gamma and Creature are the scummiest (and yes, i know they are all pushing against one another and then each town reading one or the other) ones on Smackdown so I'm rather confused why you'd even think I think you are scum but considering who I'm talking to...

As for my scum read on KMD, its mostly gut. I feel like posts like and subsequent posts are the kind of scathing remarks scum make when they fuss at town for being shit with their powers. His reactions to Narna and I were just shrugging off the scum reads and that's a bit scummy. He has an unusual amount of town reads I think. The fact that Mal is even posting is a Christmas Miracle in itself and KMD wants to lynch that? How rude His vote was p lame to begin with.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

I am POE town reading
Vi
fam. In real folks blue I remember scum reading this guy but I don't remember much about his play and at some point I should compare this and that game but like I said...POE town reading. And Teddy...I am staying right here on Raw.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Why is it a miricle mal is posting? And why is posting a town tell?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Reading some smackdown stuff:

Titus, I know this is a really late answer, but pepto pinged me for seeming unhappy with town having a lot of power (Post 18)

Got through 12 pages. I took notes, so if anyone wants specifics, I've got them. But here are some quick reads:
-pepto is still scum
-I'm having trouble reading grey. didn't like his alban vote. finisher was better. I'm on the fence here
-I started to scum read maria, but changed my mind. she's town
-I am innocent is obvtown
-townreading alban
-scumreading gamma
-creature is probtown
-efiend might be scum. at the very least, I want more reasoning with his reads
-Titus weak gut town read.
-kain maybe scum but hard to read

Definitely lynch pepto and gamma over there guys
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Spoiler: SD
Is Titus tunneling over a simple misunderstanding again? All I see from the early part of Vifam's ISO is him following a gut SR and then sticking to it after the reaction by Titus.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by Narna »

Viaf and Titus is tvt.

The gamma lynch is solid. He should claim.
Narna
Narna
Mafia Scum
Narna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Post by Narna »

I want Raw's opinion on drafting KT. It seems like a no brainer. Grey was nai pushing them for being too aggressive. They softed a pr well before any shenanigans, and while I don't have a solid tr on the slot. I believe he has a role that we can sort him with and manipulate to help town.

That sounds infinitely preferable to drafting some shady player like grey, or some huge question mark meta read in MariaR.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”