callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9675 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:01 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 9666, BigYoshiFan wrote:Ankamius revealed his intentions in the neighborhood, right? Does anyone in the neighborhood scumread them?
I'm convinced Ankamius isn't groupscum, and reasonably confident that he can win with town. It's possible that he has an alternative win condition, like Nosferatu did.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9676 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

Only Town wins with town. :facepalm: I don't think Ank is town.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #9677 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:05 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

What about the conditional bookie
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9678 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

Win Condition: You win when all non-Town players have been eliminated from the game and there is at least one Town player still alive.

Anyone not Town needs rope.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9679 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:06 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9677, BigYoshiFan wrote:What about the conditional bookie
They were Town. Anyone not Town needs rope.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9680 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:08 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9676, MathBlade wrote:Only Town wins with town. :facepalm: I don't think Ank is town.
Well, still, that is primary evidence that not all town has to win with town.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9681 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:08 am

In post 9356, PeregrineV wrote:Also, almost50, notchara and I are all dogs.
For the record, this is PeregrineV's most recent post, 4 days ago. As far as I can see, he hasn't been on V/LA, so really should have been prodded and/or replaced by now.

It seems to be softing an investigative, so at this point I can't see a reason for PeregrineV not to claim; a hardclaim is normally (not always, but normally) better for town than a softclaim.

@Mod: Should PeregrineV have been prodded and/or replaced?
scum
town
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9682 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

I will tell you I don't have an alternate win con. Mine is flat out I have to eliminate all the non Town or I lose. So if someone can actually post a case more than "their play" or "obvious scum" I am listening.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9683 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:11 am

@
PeregrineV
: # seems to imply that you think some dead players got culted. That makes very little sense, as far as I can tell; Skullduggery's a competent enough mod to ensure that cultedness would show in a flip (given that we apparently have no other way to determine it or even that a cult exists), and a cult wouldn't target a player who'd already died for recruitment. Can you explain what's going on there?
scum
town
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9684 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:13 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9555, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9551, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 9549, MathBlade wrote:So we know Narna got could not kills on Creeps slot and Nahdia slot and Accountant slot. JaeReed slot is out because of VT check claim Gio is out because of Maxous ascetic D2 check.
Can you explain the reasoning on Gio in more detail? I must have missed when that happened.
Gio claimed even night Weak Follower who followed Maxous N2 and Narna on N4. Narna having flipped Town means Gio can't have been lying to protect Narna. Either his entire claim is bogus and happened to guess with no evidence Maxous was ascetic or he is telling the truth.
Is this expressing a TR on Gio? Also, what stops Gio from being a mafia follower? He could have claimed this for towncred and tried to kill Narna N5, which failed, then decided again to kill Narna on N6. Given Narna's supposed derp, people weren't necessarily believing Narna's claims.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9685 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:14 am

In post 8853, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 8850, Nahdia wrote:
In post 8848, PeregrineV wrote:So if you have joined the "new Maxous faction" but used to be scum, you get all of your old scumbuddies lynched while your cultbuddies cult the rest of town. That makes your cult win.

(If this is obvious to a numbskull like me, how do you miss this?)
Right. Because we're certain to immediately trust someone saying "Hey I used to be mafia now I'm cult. Follow me!" And not just, you know, lynch them.
Right. Because mafia and cult win together, and cult can grow, so killing the mafia members seems dumb for cult.
Missed this exchange earlier, but it gives me a really strong "inside knowledge" tell on PeregrineV. I've never seen a game where Mafia and cult win together before, and it's not the sort of thing I would think of. It definitely makes very little sense as an
assumption

So I get the feeling that PeregrineV knows something that I don't, and am interested to know how.
scum
town
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9686 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:15 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9683, callforjudgement wrote:@
PeregrineV
: # seems to imply that you think some dead players got culted. That makes very little sense, as far as I can tell; Skullduggery's a competent enough mod to ensure that cultedness would show in a flip (given that we apparently have no other way to determine it or even that a cult exists), and a cult wouldn't target a player who'd already died for recruitment. Can you explain what's going on there?
I can, but would you rather PV answer? I think there is a misunderstanding.

P-edit. Interesting... is it common knowledge that mafia and cult do not win together?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9687 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:16 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9684, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 9549, MathBlade wrote:So we know Narna got could not kills on Creeps slot and Nahdia slot and Accountant slot. JaeReed slot is out because of VT check claim Gio is out because of Maxous ascetic D2 check.
Can you explain the reasoning on Gio in more detail? I must have missed when that happened.
Gio claimed even night Weak Follower who followed Maxous N2 and Narna on N4. Narna having flipped Town means Gio can't have been lying to protect Narna. Either his entire claim is bogus and happened to guess with no evidence Maxous was ascetic or he is telling the truth.
Is this expressing a TR on Gio? Also, what stops Gio from being a mafia follower? He could have claimed this for towncred and tried to kill Narna N5, which failed, then decided again to kill Narna on N6. Given Narna's supposed derp, people weren't necessarily believing Narna's claims.
At this point I doubt there is a group scum. Too many people are clear. I suspect all the evil is 3P.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9688 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9686, BigYoshiFan wrote:
PeregrineV

P-edit. Interesting... is it common knowledge that mafia and cult do not win together?
Usually that is not the case.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9689 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:20 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

In post 9687, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9684, BigYoshiFan wrote:
At this point I doubt there is a group scum. Too many people are clear. I suspect all the evil is 3P.
And this third-party is Ank or PV or both? I'm confuzzled on your reads.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9690 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

I think PV has been the killer throughout the game and Ank is just 3P. Gut says PV is an SK.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9691 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:30 am

In post 9686, BigYoshiFan wrote:
PeregrineV
Well, I don't understand what PV's on about, so it's probably best for him to clarify himself. (That is, unless I've outright misread the post; you can intercept if that's the case).
Cult is a third-party alignment by definition. It says so in the first sentence of the wiki page.
Every game I've seen with a cult has either had it opposed to the Mafia, or else has had no Mafia equivalent at all (with the Cult designed as the main enemy).
Nearly every such game has also had really strong hints (or, commonly nowadays, an outright statement during signups) that a Cult exists in the game, as culthunting can be really different from scumhunting. Skullduggery's vague "MY FACTION" hint doesn't really come up to the normal site standards of warning the players about cults. Of course, that could be intentional, but I think it's almost guaranteed at this point that something weird is going on with the faction balance. I just don't know what.
scum
town
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9692 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:35 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Yeah, okay, now I'm investing my suspicions on PV.
VOTE: PeregrineV
I WANT A CLAIM. He claimed a dog though. What else is there?
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9693 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:36 am

There are far too many dogs in Undertale. "Undertale Dog Mafia" would probably be runnable (although maybe not as a Large).

How many votes are there on PV at the moment?
scum
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #9694 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am

Counting the votes myself: just you and MathBlade it seems.
I'll be very uncomfortable if the wagon grows too large in PV's absence (there's no point in pressuring someone who isn't reading the thread, and I don't want a repeat of what happened yesterday), but I definitely believe PV is the best lynch at the moment, so:

VOTE: PeregrineV

If you're one of the players who can read PV and think he's town, please speak up.
scum
town
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9695 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:40 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Two, and surprisingly, MathBlade was the first one. 0.0
They despised me sheeping them a while back and made clear he doesn't wanna vote on many occasions for that purpose. I wonder what changed.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9696 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9695, BigYoshiFan wrote:Two, and surprisingly, MathBlade was the first one. 0.0
They despised me sheeping them a while back and made clear he doesn't wanna vote on many occasions for that purpose. I wonder what changed.
My read on you shifted. That is what changed. I hate sheeping but worse from a scumread.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
BigYoshiFan
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
BigYoshiFan
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9697 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:42 am

Post by BigYoshiFan »

Okay, how about everyone else? You despised sheeping overall, yes?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9698 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 9666, BigYoshiFan wrote:Ankamius revealed his intentions in the neighborhood, right? Does anyone in the neighborhood scumread them?
I town read him.
In post 9667, Almost50 wrote: Cakez is pulling the obtuse card which isn't becoming of him at all. His last 2-3 responses to me are plain dumb questions asked for the sake of appearing to be asking questions. I give him much more credit than that.
++++++++++++++++++++
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9699 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 9697, BigYoshiFan wrote:Okay, how about everyone else? You despised sheeping overall, yes?
Yes but placing a vote isn't sheeping. Cfj for example is posting reasons.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”