Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Crystalline Dagger »

In post 1623, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1445, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm fairly certain that PB v. KC is TvS. With anyone else, it could be TvT, but since one of them is KC, I almost guarantee that it's TvS. So. I'm in favor of a 1v1 between them.
Wait - because it's me they're arguing with I'm autoScum? That makes no sense. I already posted that the three of us usually wind up Scumreading each other on Day1.

And you decide you'd like to see a 1v1 between us. Hmmm...

If it were just between me and Titus either one could go down. Fire in the hydra with Titus gives them a slight edge, but you aren't all that friendly to Fire, are you?

It looks to me like you don't care which of us gets lynched.

I know that I'm Town (Freedom) and now I'm thinking that maybe Painbringer might be Town. Because you're looking kinda Scummy right now.

UNVOTE:
Okay, look at this. Klingon got scared off his vote by a dichotomy. If he was town and so sure PB was scum he would have stayed on and braved the hate if/when PB flipped town. This reads like "this lynch will incriminate me so I'm gonna back off".
~GE
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:21 am

In post 1641, McMenno wrote:
In post 1457, Crystalline Dagger wrote:
In post 1455, DiamondSentinel wrote:But anyways. KC said that you and her couldn't be town together because you're scum. While I'm not as convinced as she is (Don't get me wrong. I'm scumreading you), I do believe that one of you are town and the other is scum.

Therefore, a 1v1 is in order.
This is fake. I don't think DS can be scum with Klingoncelt or PB currently.
Speaking of which, Klingon's vote feels fake as shit.
VOTE: Klingoncelt
I'm more confident in this than rando atm.
~GE
VOTE: crystalline dagger
Really
~GE
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:21 am

In post 1643, Not Chara wrote:'this is fake' is a pretty strong statement to make when you still think a player can't be scum due to a different read, Gamma.
Bit curious why you note this NOW.
~GE
Crystalline Dagger
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Crystalline Dagger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:23 am

In post 1644, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1637, Painbringer wrote:
In post 1636, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1634, Painbringer wrote:@DS, What are you doing to sort us? To sort the rest of the game?

@Leon, feel free to put your vote back when "caught up". I think there's somwthing fishy about the test vote.
I don't know what you mean by sort, but I get my reads by reading the game, and then thinking about what they could be thinking by that. It's a really really simple process. Why do people do what they do?
By sorting, I mean zolving what people might be thinking. You have zero progress towards figuring out which of me/klingon is scum, zero progress on gamma, zero progress on random and leonshade...zero on rb and rr. You're drifting and just posting a theory.

You did follow up a bit at first, but now, nope.
You should know more than anyone that this is my D1 play. You have played multiple games with me. I just present as many possible scenarios I can think of and then figure out which is true later on. I do substantially better mid to endgame than I do early-game.
So I seem to be vindicated in thinking DS did not have evil intent with that dichotomy
~GE
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:03 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1654, Crystalline Dagger wrote:
In post 1496, Painbringer wrote:Right.

Contradiction 1: Gamma calls DS fake, yet in the same post he's voting Klingon who "feels fake". (RR)
Contradiction 2: Gamma argues that DS is being fake with his dichotomy, but says that DS cannot be scum with either one. (Dave)
Contradiction 3: Gamma says that someone who is fake, cannot be scum with the person that feels fake. (Titus)

The most logical conclusion to draw with this is that Gamma has some alternative reason not to want to vote DS. That reason is either DS is town and pushing a dichotomy that Gamma likes or DS is scum and Gamma would like to focus elsewhere. Both of these lead to the impression that Klingon (Grandma) is town.

p-edit: I am sorry Dave. I'll try to limit calling Klingon by her nickname for awhile.
I felt DS was town and just wrong at that point. I still felt like the false dichotomy needed to be noted.
~GE
It's not a false dichotomy because it's not cause and effect. It's not a black and white deal, and I'm not saying it is. I'm say that I am reading that, out of the pair, at least one is scum. Exactly what you had just said.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:05 am

In post 1678, Crystalline Dagger wrote:
In post 1634, Painbringer wrote:@DS, What are you doing to sort us? To sort the rest of the game?

@Leon, feel free to put your vote back when "caught up". I think there's somwthing fishy about the test vote.
I don't know what you mean by sort, but I get my reads by reading the game, and then thinking about what they could be thinking by that. It's a really really simple process. Why do people do what they do?
By sorting, I mean zolving what people might be thinking. You have zero progress towards figuring out which of me/klingon is scum, zero progress on gamma, zero progress on random and leonshade...zero on rb and rr. You're drifting and just posting a theory.

You should know more than anyone that this is my D1 play. You have played multiple games with me. I just present as many possible scenarios I can think of and then figure out which is true later on. I do substantially better mid to endgame than I do early-game.
So I seem to be vindicated in thinking DS did not have evil intent with that dichotomy
~GE
Correct, Gamma. As I have repeatedly said, this is me separating the game into groups. It works well for the beginning because as flips stack up, it helps me clear up some of the misconceptions. It's my way of creating a townbloc
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:20 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Sorry. My Internet here is worse than I expected. I am phone posting. Please don't replace me as I can post normally after the 5th.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Painbringer »

In post 1680, DiamondSentinel wrote:

~GE
Correct, Gamma. As I have repeatedly said, this is me separating the game into groups. It works well for the beginning because as flips stack up, it helps me clear up some of the misconceptions. It's my way of creating a townbloc
This is the same move you used in Metal Gear Solid though is it not?

If you're legitimately dividing the party into groups, wouldn't you care which is accurate? Wouldn't you follow through?
Hydra of Titus and Firebringer
Tone reading plus moon logic = Insanity
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Vecna »

Did GE just talk his slot into near confirmed town status?
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Painbringer »

In post 1683, Vecna wrote:Did GE just talk his slot into near confirmed town status?
No.

GE is near universally scumread, but people do not want to kill me.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:30 am

In post 1682, Painbringer wrote:
In post 1680, DiamondSentinel wrote:

~GE
This is the same move you used in Metal Gear Solid though is it not?

If you're legitimately dividing the party into groups, wouldn't you care which is accurate? Wouldn't you follow through?
In MGSV, I was scum, so if that's what you're arguing, ok. But unless I'm mistaken, it's not really what you're trying to argue.

Also, I don't care which one is accurate until it's accurate. I go with the Holmes philosophy:

"Once the impossible is ruled out, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

As my theories are ruled out, I pursue the ones that are left. I have no reason to care which of them are accurate. Once they are shown to be accurate, however, then I pursue them. I have no loyalty to any certain read over another. I don't care if someone is scum this game or not.
“Why was I chosen?'
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Painbringer »

I am a fan of Holmes with a bit of scorched Earth myself. Yet, you don't seem to be throwing out more theories or narrowing things down. Where is the hunting?

You've been static.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:45 am

In post 1686, Painbringer wrote:I am a fan of Holmes with a bit of scorched Earth myself. Yet, you don't seem to be throwing out more theories or narrowing things down. Where is the hunting?

You've been static.
That's just because I've yet to see anything new pop up. I have been making a couple here and there. But I'm trying to be a passive observer. Do it scientifically here.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:45 am

Don't get me wrong. I'm still going to be actively engaged in the game. I just don't do the whole "reaction tests" and whatever because, for starters, they are absolute bullshit. They never work anyways.
“Why was I chosen?'
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Painbringer »

So which is it? You're a passive observer or actively engaged?

P.S. Reaction tests can be golden. I pulled one before that lead to a near flawless victory.

I have also learned a lot from the hat selection.

Tell me, who is scum in pink hats. Blue hats.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:00 am

In post 1689, Painbringer wrote:So which is it? You're a passive observer or actively engaged?

P.S. Reaction tests can be golden. I pulled one before that lead to a near flawless victory.

I have also learned a lot from the hat selection.

Tell me, who is scum in pink hats. Blue hats.
Just realized that she could be completely lying about the hat ability, since it wasn't in the lavender/purple color.

ANYWAYS.

Wow, there are a lot more pink than blue hats. I knew there were more, but not that many more.

I can't give you a strict readlist. Half of them I can hardly remember their posts since the game has been filled with the same people posting. But I'll go through and give you a general readlist. I don't feel like giving one based on one side or another.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:01 am

Damn, this is the second 50+ page game I've reviewed in 24 hours.
“Why was I chosen?'
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:03 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 1635, Frozen Angel wrote:
ssbm_Kyouko is prodded. He has 24 hours before I start searching for replacements. ((expired on 2016-12-31 11:35:57))

Please announce VLA for more than 48 hours inactivity! Thanks :]
Knew I should have prodged before bed last night. I got my ears gauged yesterday :D
In post 1684, Painbringer wrote:
In post 1683, Vecna wrote:Did GE just talk his slot into near confirmed town status?
No.

GE is near universally scumread, but people do not want to kill me.
I saw something like 4 players or so saying GE was scummy for some cog dissonance that people were calling bad logic or something, doesn't translate to "universally scumread but people want to keep PB alive" to me. Also if anyone is scum and their partner is town it's worth lynching scum so don't act like the life of any town (barring certain PRs) should be a reason not to lynch them.

Chara is sending mixed signals. Started off liking their posts but I think they're wrong about scum!culted because I don't get the feeling culted is talking circles around DI, more like DI is being difficult intentionally. Need more of the Shadow_Step head because Maria is always difficult it seems.

I'm still waiting a reply in my lover's PT @keyxrb, did you forget to bookmark it or do you intend to die with me eventually?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:10 am

Hey Titus, can you comment on your box that you said you had? Did it only say box on it? Also, how did you know about this dance thing? I suspect you're lying about your abilities, again. Every time I look at it, I feel like you're lying.

Also, I know I shouldn't go searching for a 3P already, but I am fairly certain Not Chara is 3P.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:12 am

In post 74, DiamondSentinel wrote:Exactly. If roles are heavily influenced by flavor, flavorclaiming is a VERY good idea. I know almost for a fact that scum have fakeclaims (FA always gives good fakeclaims), so, by forcing a fakeclaim now, as actions start piling up, discrepancies will become apparent. The weakness in all fakeclaims is the fact that the owner's actions CAN NOT match up with the actions the fakeclaim would take. They simply cannot.
I'm quoting this again because I still stand by this mentality.
“Why was I chosen?'
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Painbringer »

In post 1693, DiamondSentinel wrote:Hey Titus, can you comment on your box that you said you had? Did it only say box on it? Also, how did you know about this dance thing? I suspect you're lying about your abilities, again. Every time I look at it, I feel like you're lying.

Also, I know I shouldn't go searching for a 3P already, but I am fairly certain Not Chara is 3P.
I'll grab the quotes from my ISO again. I am not particularly keen on repeating myself, when it's the only thing remotely close to analysis you have done. We've had the conversation a lot Diamond.

While I do that, I expect your reads.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:18 am

Also, the more I read Chara's role PM, the more I think that they are either 3P or town. I am 99% confident that they aren't main-scum.

PEdit: I'm currently rereading the game, so you'll get the reads eventually. Also, it doesn't matter how often we have this conversation. The more I read these parts, the more I doubt your explanations.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:18 am

Role explanation*
“Why was I chosen?'
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Painbringer »

In post 979, Painbringer wrote:
In post 975, kraska77 wrote:okay
what is this pandora stuff about -_____-
Opening Pandora's box means you'll get information or something will happen but you got no clue what.

I opened Pandora's box by Meowing.

So yeah, the Cupid Day is me but I am just as informed as anyone else about this.

~Titus
In post 980, Painbringer wrote:Oh and opening Pandora's box also means there is no going back.
In post 987, Painbringer wrote:
In post 986, kraska77 wrote:so then does the thing in your pm imply we become lovers?
if so we should probably make sure scummy people are paired with the people most likely to be nightkilled early on
Nope. My role PM says Meow and an event triggers. That's it. I know nothing.

I drew the same inference, but it could be hoods too.
In post 1223, Painbringer wrote:
In post 1222, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 1220, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 17, Painbringer wrote:
In post 14, DarkInnocence wrote:
In post 13, Painbringer wrote:Time to dance.
Who wants to be my dance partner?

I am looking at you Darkinnocence
Wrong game bruh :P

~Ss
my role pm says i was invited to a dance. if ur not interested shadow, I will ask rb, he likes us.
In post 930, Painbringer wrote:Ok, well if it could be anything, what would you hope for?

I ask because I got no clue what we just did.
In post 979, Painbringer wrote:
In post 975, kraska77 wrote:okay
what is this pandora stuff about -_____-
Opening Pandora's box means you'll get information or something will happen but you got no clue what.

I opened Pandora's box by Meowing.

So yeah, the Cupid Day is me but I am just as informed as anyone else about this.

~Titus
In post 983, Painbringer wrote:It was not shitposting. We just literally didn't know what it did. We didn't want to step on toes either. So what the fork since rb made the game unreadable anyway, let's do it. No one had objections anyway or likely day plans. Let's help get reads, whatever it is.

~Titus
In post 987, Painbringer wrote:
In post 986, kraska77 wrote:so then does the thing in your pm imply we become lovers?
if so we should probably make sure scummy people are paired with the people most likely to be nightkilled early on
Nope. My role PM says Meow and an event triggers. That's it. I know nothing.

I drew the same inference, but it could be hoods too.
So really early on you say your role PM tells you about a dance (a couple's mechanic from what I understand, never been in a dance game), but then you say you didn't know what would happen, so which is it?
I also agree. There is definitely an inconsistency. Especially since there is no flavortext on my Role PM.
No. Our role PM says an event happens. We triggered our event. Cupid Day happens. We deduce we are the owners of Cupid Day. Nothing about it (dance or otherwise) is in our PM. Also, given the name of the person (Milly Ashford) is our role PM, we are pretty sure it is us. Zero contradiction.

So DS, no flavor? Not even ability name trigger?

~Titus
In post 1232, Painbringer wrote:
In post 1230, DiamondSentinel wrote:You distinctly said something about a dance.

But no. There is 100% no flavor on my rolecard.
In RVS.

This thing here isn't related.

Dancing is an expression for sorting people.

~Titus
In post 1401, Painbringer wrote:So you believe it was my deliberare plan as either alignment to contradict my hydra partner, repeatedly? Call RR's attention to said contradiction? Trigger our ability (which is not a dance btw) that is protown to make Fire look stupid?

Do you believe be to be the biggest braindead asshole to Fire?
Painbringer
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Painbringer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Painbringer »

In post 1696, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, the more I read Chara's role PM, the more I think that they are either 3P or town. I am 99% confident that they aren't main-scum.

PEdit: I'm currently rereading the game, so you'll get the reads eventually. Also, it doesn't matter how often we have this conversation. The more I read these parts, the more I doubt your explanations.
Then you're not asking at all. You're just shading and stalling the game.

When I push you forward, you repeat the same questions over and over.

You are not solving anything.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”