Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11925 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 11923, Shiro wrote:
Vote:RR

This day will never end unless this happens.

RR I think you are town and you living will put us in this endless loop. If you are scum you fooled me.

We need to move this game forward.
Who else is scum besides tfl shiro? Is there anyone else that you have any real suspicion of? Not "I was forced to vote for this person because PoE", but anybody else whose actions you're suspicious of?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11926 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Shiro »

No, that the thing. I am certain fuzzy is the last scum, which is why I am scared I will die and nobody will push it
To me:
shiro you are a charmer you were obvscum but for some reason people just wouldn't eliminate you ~Antihero
About me:
I stg this is how conversations with Lucifer go. ~Papa Zito
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11927 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:11 am

Post by grapes »

Shiro please.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11928 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:13 am

Post by grapes »

In post 11906, Shiro wrote:
In post 11903, grapes wrote:Would you vote A50?
Personally I am indifferent, after i learnt i was wrong I trusted RR read on him.

I still strongly believe fuzzy is the last scum left tho, and I am mostly afraid that tommorow I will be dead and nobody will be pushing that.
You want to know a good part of the reason why I'm staring at your slot sideways so much right now is because the reason you think fuzzy is scum makes no sense right? Fuzzy is town. He's lynchbait he's goofy he has no filter he's lost just like the rest of us and RR is a bad vote.

And since cerb doesn't want to talke to me evidently >.>. Can you remind me why they were townreading A50?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11929 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:41 am

Oh, before I get into that, short version of my rebuttal to mastin:

1) Your meta arguments: You deliberately chose to look at the meta for OLD games exclusively for both of us(and in the case of the SC game, an old SIMPLE game). You have RECENT examples of the scum play and town play of BOTH of us in large, complex games. Why aren't you using those games? Because they don't support your argument. I mean, I suppose you're using those games because you were involved in them, but that doesn't make them any stop being year old games, and it ESPECIALLY doesn't make sense when you could have replaced the SC game with Gistou, which you WERE involved in, AND is more recent, AND more complex.
2) The flavor argument: You said that Varsoon WOULD NOT give scum Lapis Lazuli as a "safe" fake claim, due to the arguments that are going on here. Why, then, would he give Sadie as a fake claim to someone with a power that didn't match the flavor? I mean, it DOES match the flavor, but I don't understand how you can even GET to that consideration while happily skipping over the dissonance of using an argument that precludes such a possibility for the individual you're townreading.
3) Farside had to die for scum to win and was unlynchable: Demonstrably untrue, and already addressed in 11848
4) Scum need a "mastermind", and we fit the role: No. Scum don't need a mastermind, and if they did, such mastery is a blatant contradiction to the actions scum appear to have taken if they possessed the knowledge we've had this game.
5) Scum!RR COULDN'T have shot last night: Scum!RR knew A50 was tracking grapes most likely, and that Fuzzy was shooting Farside or A50(Scum!RR doesn't care if he gets shot, because in the scenario you're positing the game is over if he's shot). Scum!RR could have EASILY not pushed Farside and just let fuzzy shoot A50, while Scum!RR shoots whoever he wants EXCEPT farside, secure in the knowledge that A50's track won't be clearing anyone. There are actually a number of other scenarios that make this idea laughable, but that's the simplest one(which is why a lot of your argument falls apart when you realize that 3) is, in fact, another point you're wrong on.
6) The scumplaining/we keep saying the game is unbalanced "unless" argument: Fundamental difference between Gistou's UR, and this games gems: the UR were EXPLICITLY given cause to suspect one another, were not shown each others role PM's, and did not have a previous game and HOURS of existing flavor declaring that they would be a friendly faction. You're drawing a false parallel between the balance of Gistou and this game by virtue of that mistake alone. There is no way Varsoon thought any of the gems would be lynched, UNLESS whoever received the miller role didn't claim it D1. I don't see any other scenario where a majority of the game votes to lynch any of those slots. The numbers didn't, and still don't, make sense. This, of course, ties into 3 and 5, in that it's really the reason why we believe there must be a fundamental mistake being made with the assumptions we're operating under: Either there is an additional threat beyond what we expected there to be(if not groupscum, malevolent 3p) or the gems ARE that malevolent 3p. Because there was no chance at any point that the town would turn on the gems(in spite of repeated warnings such as Varsoons last post regarding reliance on flavor), we decided there had to be another threat elsewhere, and acted appropriately. It doesn't take a genius to realize that the numbers don't make sense.

I know the argument exists that the gems removal if they're left alone balances that all out, but it really doesn't. First of all, the scum were given EXPLICIT cause to attempt to kill the gems, in the form of Skybirds role. Second, if Xk never joins the gems, and there are only 6 scum, and everyone else is aligned with earth, that's 14 kills scum need to arrange. 7 mislynches and kills. (I know you're going to argue that the cluster+the thing that killed yume count, but we have NO IDEA what limitations they had on the usage of the Yume thing, and the cluster wasn't targetable(it explicitly said that the individual died did so because they did the most to try to stop it), AND it was apparently preventable(though with the revelation of farsides "race" event, it is possible that it WASN'T preventable...though that would border on bastard). They win the game BEFORE that point if they don't lose anyone, which makes that win con immaterial. It's only if the scum team is down to a number of members equal to or less than the number of gems that it becomes relevant. That's certainly not enough to "balance" things out when scum were TOLD to go kill the gems, and by their actions(killing KC, and killing Yume) they were NOT told that if they leave the gems alone there could be a benefit.

Basically, you can't argue that scum would have had any cause the leave the gems alone, if not for MoI's claim...which means that little detail DOESN'T actually change the balance/way one should expect the game to play out.
@mastin, or anyone else: Did I miss anything?

Also, sorry, that was way longer than I planned, and isn't even fucking important. *sigh*
-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11930 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:42 am

@grapes: We can talk. You asked me to get my head back in the game. That's what me going through the trouble of reevaluating EVERYTHING is about. Was there anything in particular you wanted to discuss?

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11931 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:47 am

@grapes: Do you actually want our answer to the reason why we were townreading A50(it exists in our ISO fairly recently, multiple times), or do you just want to hear what Shiro has to say about it?

-Cerb
Show

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11932 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:50 am

Post by grapes »

Cerb, how's your day going?
Do you fear the unknown?
What was the fundemental difference between the twinwings slot and the skybird slot?
What's your read on mastin?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11933 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:07 am

In post 11932, grapes wrote:Cerb, how's your day going?
Do you fear the unknown?
What was the fundemental difference between the twinwings slot and the skybird slot?
What's your read on mastin?
My days going pretty well, I guess. Gonna go to dinner with my coworkers and then go see Rogue One in IMAX(I already saw it once with my sister, but it'll be interesting to see it in IMAX)...but I'm also going to be returning the computer I bought a couple weeks ago and will thus be computerless for a bit, until my refund for said computer goes through so I can pick up what I need to fix my other computer.

I have a strange relationship with the unknown. I don't feel any overt sense of fear of it, but I know I MUST have some or else the actions I take that are meant to minimize risk simply wouldn't make sense.

Do you mean mechanically, or in terms of play? Mechanically, the skybird slot had good cause to be town due to their knowledge of steven D1(but I'll freely admit this, once we realized Yume wasn't explicit town, elegance wise it made a lot of sense for there to be one scum and one town in contact with her(though elegance wise, it makes a lot less sense that one of those two slots would be confirmed town to her, thus making it obvious(in retrospect) that the other was scum)). In terms of play, there was little difference in the early game. Skybird had more to say, but her posts weren't especially influential, which makes them as insignificant as twinwings lack of content.

I still believe that it's incredibly improbable that Mastin is anything other than town. I don't see why Yume would explicitly say that mastin was confirmed town to her if she wasn't. It's POSSIBLE that it's a gambit a scum/3p!mastin talked Yume into running...AND Yume just didn't tell her team about the gambit...but that seems really improbable. Of course, contrary to that is the fact that this game has two claimed millers...one a member of a faction that the game would consider to be town, and the other confirmed town to that same faction...meaning the miller aspects of those roles were fundamentally negated.

So, I guess, if you're asking me if it's POSSIBLE that mastin is scum: Sure. A world COULD exist where she's groupscum, actually took the BP bonus instead of the gunsmith, and bussed TWIE to guarantee passage to the endgame and a win in LYLO, OR where she's 3p and just caught TWIE.

Do I think that world is the one we live in?

No.

I think that's a type of paranoia that moves the game further away from victory the longer we consider it as a possibility.

-Cerb
Show

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11934 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:27 am

Post by grapes »

Shit I still need to watch Rogue One. : p
RR wrote:I have a strange relationship with the unknown. I don't feel any overt sense of fear of it, but I know I MUST have some or else the actions I take that are meant to minimize risk simply wouldn't make sense.
So you are human.
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:Do you mean mechanically, or in terms of play?
Think more concensus of reads.
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:I still believe that it's incredibly improbable that Mastin is anything other than town. I don't see why Yume would explicitly say that mastin was confirmed town to her if she wasn't. It's POSSIBLE that it's a gambit a scum/3p!mastin talked Yume into running...AND Yume just didn't tell her team about the gambit...but that seems really improbable. Of course, contrary to that is the fact that this game has two claimed millers...one a member of a faction that the game would consider to be town, and the other confirmed town to that same faction...meaning the miller aspects of those roles were fundamentally negated.
Oh I suppose Klingon did also claim miller. Totally spaced on that.
Does her push on your slot seem town-motivated or scum-motivated?
random has told us himself yume is a troll so I think reading mastin based on play may be the way to go here.
If mastin is scum then she wouldn't have had to take the gunsmith either you realize. But the bulletproof wouldn't be needed either.
What was the other prize?
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:So, I guess, if you're asking me if it's POSSIBLE that mastin is scum: Sure. A world COULD exist where she's groupscum, actually took the BP bonus instead of the gunsmith, and bussed TWIE to guarantee passage to the endgame and a win in LYLO, OR where she's 3p and just caught TWIE.
Or a leftover?
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:Do I think that world is the one we live in?
I'm not really sure what to believe in anymore. But my gut is telling me something is wrong.
One foothold at a time, though.

Could I ask for an A50 vote?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11935 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:38 am

In post 11934, grapes wrote:Shit I still need to watch Rogue One. : p
RR wrote:I have a strange relationship with the unknown. I don't feel any overt sense of fear of it, but I know I MUST have some or else the actions I take that are meant to minimize risk simply wouldn't make sense.
So you are human.
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:Do you mean mechanically, or in terms of play?
Think more concensus of reads.
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:I still believe that it's incredibly improbable that Mastin is anything other than town. I don't see why Yume would explicitly say that mastin was confirmed town to her if she wasn't. It's POSSIBLE that it's a gambit a scum/3p!mastin talked Yume into running...AND Yume just didn't tell her team about the gambit...but that seems really improbable. Of course, contrary to that is the fact that this game has two claimed millers...one a member of a faction that the game would consider to be town, and the other confirmed town to that same faction...meaning the miller aspects of those roles were fundamentally negated.
Oh I suppose Klingon did also claim miller. Totally spaced on that.
Does her push on your slot seem town-motivated or scum-motivated?
random has told us himself yume is a troll so I think reading mastin based on play may be the way to go here.
If mastin is scum then she wouldn't have had to take the gunsmith either you realize. But the bulletproof wouldn't be needed either.
What was the other prize?
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:So, I guess, if you're asking me if it's POSSIBLE that mastin is scum: Sure. A world COULD exist where she's groupscum, actually took the BP bonus instead of the gunsmith, and bussed TWIE to guarantee passage to the endgame and a win in LYLO, OR where she's 3p and just caught TWIE.
Or a leftover?
In post 11933, Reasonably Rational wrote:Do I think that world is the one we live in?
I'm not really sure what to believe in anymore. But my gut is telling me something is wrong.
One foothold at a time, though.

Could I ask for an A50 vote?
The third prize was a lightning rod. Definitely not an option for an anti-town role unless you were ascetic+protected(AND were using a strongman shot if part of groupscum, so you wouldn't be wasting your own shot), or if you at least had protection and could be certain that there was no way anyone would KNOW that you had used the lightning rod.

I'll read the twinwings and skybirds slots in context with one another and see if I see what you're seeing.

Leftover=3p. :P But yes, i suppose she could be specifically a 3p survivor. If that was confirmed to Yume, she might be willing to just tell town that she's town, because it's confirmed that she's NOT groupscum. Still doesn't explain her not telling the rest of her faction about that detail(though maybe she did, and the rest of the faction is therefore(correctly) taking mastin off the lynch table), but it's a bit more plausible than Yume outright lying. Her push seems desperation-based. She's essentially pulling out all the stops in it. I'm having a lot of trouble parsing where the line between desperate entreaty because she sincerely believes this and outright attempted manipulation lies. I've said this before in this game(and she hasn't denied it): mastin isn't above manipulating the town, AS TOWN, to get them to do what she believes is correct. I KNOW she's doing things in this push that are manipulative(such as deliberately misinterpreting my VERY early question to her about why we might believe farside was a threat, and using very old meta that supports her position, rather than new meta which DOES NOT), but because I know that she isn't someone who relies solely on facts to push a lynch, I don't know if she's doing it for pro-town or anti-town reasons.

-Cerb
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11936 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:39 am

Oh, and regarding the A50 vote: No voting will be occurring until I reread as much as I can of the living players ISO's at least.

-Cerb
Show

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11937 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11919, mastin2 wrote:Too damn bad. At the very least, read Drixx's iso.
Compare his posting in there to the posting you see in your private topics.
OK, I've just that, and it has absolutely no relevance to how he posted in the PTs with me (first myself alone them both myself and Fuzzy).

The way he posted in THAT neighbourhood he sounded confused and asked for input, then he wanted confirmation on every move he made. It's as if he wanted to avoid taking responsibility for his actions and trying to make it look like everyone made him do it.

In PTs with me he is assertive and does not ask for much input from what "he may have missed". He goes on and EXPLAINS his views, reads and stances. He didn't strike me as puzzled (or pretending to be), confused or wanting my approval for anything. Not even ONCE.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11938 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11919, mastin2 wrote:In contrast!
Look at what they did in here,
Ok, did that too, and this IS how they've been posting in the PT. Giving reads and explaining them. Setting plans (not asking waht course to take) .. etc.

TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11939 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Okay so what I can gather scum did shoot night 5. I just wanted to verify this .

Night 5- scum shot and was RB by MOI event.
Night 6-??????
Night 7- scum was rb and could not shoot
Night 8-?????

So we know that there are two days that scum either forgot to shoot ,chose not to shoot or was RB.

Outside the events it doesn't seem like town has role blocking abilities. Unless there is evidence to prove otherwise I think we can pretty much rule out scum was RB those nights. This leads to it is likely scrum either forgot to shoot or choose not to shoot. Either one could be case.

Since my theory can be wonky at times I would like feedback where i night of gone off the rails
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11940 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

I -for one- can't shake off the "possibility" the scum kills are conditional, meaning that either something has to be true for them to be able to shoot, or something if true prevents them from taking a shot.

I will stress that this is a mere possibility though. A guess if you will. The game is complicated enough for me to either rule out the possibility or to take it for granted.

TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11941 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:22 am

Is there a particular reason that you think that scum has a kill condition other than the no kills ?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11942 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 11929, Reasonably Rational wrote:You have RECENT examples of the scum play and town play of BOTH of us in large, complex games. Why aren't you using those games?
I am? I mean, I didn't spectate Shadowrun mafia, nor Space Dandy 2 mafia (because that whole game was in two PTs, and I didn't bother to PM V for access to them). The game before that?
Steven Universe Prequel. Which I don't think is representative of your play here--you were mislynched D2, and thus never were fully "in" the game.
The game before that?
Suikoden (town), a game I
have
referenced.
The game before that?
Trouble in the Cougar's Den (scum). A game I HAVE referenced.
The game before that?
This game's predecessor, Steven Universe Mafia (town). A game I HAVE referenced.
Of course, there's a game with both of you plus someone else, that being, Gistou (scum), a game...I HAVE referenced, in spite of how you got nightkilled N2 before you were really "in" the game.

Now how about individual heads? Which, by the way, isn't quite as valid, because while you two play similarly, your play as a hydra IS distinctly different from a solo game, but for the sake of argument let's look anyway. For Cerb...how far back do I have to go to find a game where I saw Cerb solo? Well, not quite solo (he was hydraing with me but I did almost none of our posting), but that'd be Soccer Spirits (town). To be fair, I haven't referenced this game in relationship to you two, but it's been brought up for other reasons. Do you want me to talk about Cerb there? Because the Cerb there did more in ONE day alive than Cerb has done here the whole damn game.
Then you get Bloodborne Mafia (town). Okay, so that's a hydra, too. But in that game, Cerb was gamesolving CONSISTENTLY. The whole time, from the start, and trying to break the game at every step of the way. He was planning, he was plotting, and he did correct flavor speculation. He almost had the game on lockdown, if not for lolscum endgame mechanics. (Which, mind you, was a Varsoon game.)
The game before that? Uni MUM (town) which frankly I never even read and the game was abandoned half-way through (I forget why). I suppose I could research it because technically I was a player in it, but doing so would be effectively the same as ANY secondhand game I did not read when it was ongoing, in that I'd be reading everything after it had happened. (Which mind you is one reason I never bothered to read Space Dandy II. When I read a game, I read it when it is still ongoing. Not when it has already concluded. Concluded games I'll maybe take a look at the PTs of, but only if I was reading the game to get context for said PT.)
The game before that? SaGa Frontier, not a towngame but a third party game of Cerb's. (Also not solo, but that's beside the point.)
The game before THAT? Final Fantasy Mafia (town). Which, mind you, contained nothing BUT scumhunting from Cerb--he did almost no mechanics work whatsoever. It was pure simple scumhunting basically the whole game, where he thought everything through and carefully weighed everything.
Before even THAT? Inorganic Chemistry (town), where Cerb engaged in both scumhunting AND gamebreaking, at least attempts at it.
Before THAT? We Didn't Playtest This (town), a game similar to Uni MUM in that I basically read zero of it, so it'd be no different from second-hand experience. That's every game I've had with Cerb. And most of them, I have referenced already.

For Drixx, the list is similar. I suppose I did (briefly) skim Wake's Role Madness Game (town), but to be honest I never once saw Drixx post; the parts of the game I read were elsewhere.
I suppose I did have a look at Guns 'N Roses Mafia (town), but I only started reading that
after
Drixx was dead. Like, I think I started skimming around day four or five. So I didn't see him there, either.
What else? The same Uni MUM I mentioned for Cerb, I suppose.
Drixx has SaGa Frontier as a town game of his, though I'd need to refresh my memory on his individual contribution. (The main part of games I read in detail is the last day phase of a game, plus random snippets prior to then. Drixx was dead by the last day phase, so I don't have memorized his contribution; I'd need to look it up to get a refresher.)
Do you know how far back the
next
Drixx game is?
That would be Wifom City (town). To be honest, I had basically forgotten that game existed (sorry, Titus) in spite of my massive contribution there, yet alone, that Drixx was a player there. So I'd have to get a refresher on his contribution there.
The game before that? My introduction to Drixx, SMITE Mafia. (Scum.) Which I did in fact reference.

That's all of them. I've been referencing the newer, relevant games that I have better knowledge of, rather than some obscure game I don't know anything about. You're asking me to reference newer games I have zero knowledge of--blind meta. Something that no, I don't believe in doing. I'll give meta from a game I've so much as skimmed. I'll give meta from games I haven't read IF I have no other resource available as a move of last resort. (I.e., the game or games I
really
want to reference are ongoing and therefore cannot be referenced so I'm forced to improvise and lie thanks to site rules, and find something vaguely similar to the game in question I'm REALLY looking at.) But otherwise? With a player I have multiple completed games with? Damn straight I'll be using first-hand meta rather than blind meta.
Why, then, would he give Sadie as a fake claim to someone with a power that didn't match the flavor?
The two are completely different beasts entirely.
Lapis Lazuli doesn't make sense for a scum's fakeclaim because it's a shitty fakeclaim. People would wonder if grapes was scum just from the flavor alone, and that's
before
knowing of the third parties in the game. AFTER knowing of the third parties in the game, Lapis Lazuli seems like a mighty fine candidate for being one...and site standard (ESPECIALLY after SaGa) would be...to fucking lynch any and all suspected third parties this game.

Sadie being a fakeclaim to someone with a power that doesn't match the flavor isn't the same, because it's more a case of "eh, close enough". I said I struggle to see Sadie match your flavor--not that it is absolutely impossible. I say that Army fits your ability easily. That makes sense to me. We also know that scum's event abilities are tied to the flavor of their fakeclaims, so individual abilities aren't as important as the episode abilities are, and Beachapalooza is something that from my understanding would in fact be tied to Sadie.

Basically, what I'm saying is: scum's powers (minus episode event) match the scum player's flavor first, and then they have a fakeclaim which is "as close to possible" the role in question (after which the episode event is added in). Sadie might be the closest possible role to have that ability...but it's not easy for me to see. It feels like a fakeclaim, rather than an original role.

Varsoon does a good job at hiding fakeclaims from realclaims. Varsoon does a good job of making scum's roles fit to their fakeclaims. Varsoon is an excellent moderator who can disguise who the scum are well...but he is NOT perfect at this. Cerb knows this, considering he managed to catch scum in Bloodborne by using flavor. It wasn't easy. But it also wasn't impossible.
Farside had to die for scum to win and was unlynchable: Demonstrably untrue, and already addressed in 11848
Yeah no. Farside was immune to the scum's nightkill. Farside had a vote ability which could lynch a player with only half the needed votes as normal. Farside was proven to have been the scum's nightkill. Farside was given an absurdly strong role which would be absolutely gamebreaking in the hands of scum. (Ascetic = effectively a godfather, immune to investigation and immune to actions being prevented so a semi-strongman and semi-ninja. Roleblocker = roleblocker, which has an OBVIOUS strength to it. Voting power = overwhelming advantage for scum to have, ESPECIALLY in conjunction with Skybird's double vote and DGB's vote thief ability. In short, farside as scum with Skybird and DGB could endgame the town WELL before expectations. That combination was never going to be a scum role.)

Both MagnaofIllusion and I were hardcore defending farside. And while it's true, the scum will eventually kill me...you said it yourself. MoI has a way to preserve his life. MoI would be around to keep pushing. And even if one of us died! Thanks to the crystal gem's ability, we would be preserved in a chat with the surviving crystal gem, and be able to influence said crystal gem posthumously. With the other still alive, that would mean farside could still not be lynched.

And let's say both of us DID die. Let's say, even, that randomidget either died (eliminating the crystal gems), or was unable to convey our thoughts effectively. The fact that we died when we both were adamant farside was to never be killed would've been proof enough of farside being town. Sure she might kill ONE person defending her. Both of her strongest defenders? FUCK no. People don't do wifom kills, ever. Like, never ever. LEAST of all, farside. And if so! Maybe one. Never two in a row! That's not wifom, that's fucking suicidal.

And then there would be getting a majority on farside because of all of these reasons. And mind you farside STILL has that voting power so that unless the whole fucking majority of the town decides to lynch her, she can push through any lynch necessary to keep herself alive. In 6p, it would take four players to lynch her. In comparison, it'd take only one (or maybe two?) votes for her to lynch someone. So it'd be nearly impossible for the scum to wiggle their way into mislynching farside EVEN WITH BOTH ME AND MAGNA GONE. Which you yourself point out is nigh-impossible because Magna can save himself BY YOUR OWN FUCKING WORD.

So
yes
. Farside was immune to being lynched. YES. That means scum needed her dead.
Scum don't need a mastermind, and if they did, such mastery is a blatant contradiction to the actions scum appear to have taken if they possessed the knowledge we've had this game.
I've already explained this one.
Scum may not need a mastermind.
But the actions of scum, contrary to what you are saying, have not been "dumb". No. Scum have made moves that were
ridiculously
optimal. As just one example, triggering that voting ability after farside's hammer. As another, how coordinated they were during the Beachapalooza event. (Literally the ONLY way you can argue them to have not ALL voted in coordination is by arguing that one/both of Fuzzy/Shiro are scum. Because otherwise, to get the needed votes for Titus/mastina, you need the whole living scumteam to have contributed. In other words: regardless of Almost50/grapes/RR, the scumteam was coordinated.)
That NOT ONLY suggests a scum mastermind, but ALSO shows that scum have been making strategic, coordinated, optimal plays taking into account hidden knowledge that is not known by the rest of the town.
Furthermore! You posit that you contain knowledge which means that you couldn't be scum because scum with your knowledge wouldn't make the plays you have.

Both I and MagnaofIllusion have shown that point to be pretty blatantly false. We don't know what the thought process behind the scumteam has been. (More on that as soon as I'm caught up.) You're pretending that we do. You're assuming that you as scum have perfect knowledge of the game. You're assuming you as scum are not immune to fucking up. You're assuming you as scum aren't capable of making a misplay. You're assuming you as scum cannot make a move which is seemingly suboptimal but serves a longterm agenda. You're assuming you as scum cannot make a move which was assumed optimal but which in hindsight proved to be a mistake. Yet none of those are true.

You are
good
as scum. You are not GODS as scum. You are human. You can make mistakes. You can make plans which rely on exploiting assumptions of you being unable to make a mistake. There are so fucking many reasons why you could have made the plays you have as scum. And pretending they all can't exist is lunacy.

A town!RR at this point would be acknowledging the reasons why I am so damn suspicious of you. A town!RR would recognize and understand EXACTLY why I think you are scum. A town!RR at this point in the game would be a bit upset that I am wrong, but wouldn't be focusing on trying to prove I am wrong. A town!RR would know, recognize, and understand that, yes, they look scummy, yes, the reasons they are town aren't so easily known, and yes, they are suspicious. This insistence on proving yourself to not be scum, this assurance that this couldn't POSSIBLY be your scumgame, is exactly why this is your scumgame.
5) Scum!RR COULDN'T have shot last night: Scum!RR knew A50 was tracking grapes most likely, and that Fuzzy was shooting Farside or A50(Scum!RR doesn't care if he gets shot, because in the scenario you're positing the game is over if he's shot). Scum!RR could have EASILY not pushed Farside and just let fuzzy shoot A50, while Scum!RR shoots whoever he wants EXCEPT farside, secure in the knowledge that A50's track won't be clearing anyone.
Yeah this is pretty blatantly false as well.
One, farside needed to die in order for a scumteam to win. (See above for why.)
Two, ANY shot a scum!RR takes will instantly clear Fuzzy of being scum, which is suicide.
Three, if Fuzzy shot scum!RR, the game is over...so that, IN OF ITSELF, seems to be a pretty damn convincing reason to persuade Fuzzy to shoot at farside, because the risk of Fuzzy shooting a scum!RR is too high otherwise.
Four, let's say Fuzzy shot farside, and RR performed a kill. Well, Almost50 is alive, and gets a result which clears grapes.
So, a scum!RR's ONLY play is not shooting last night. If Fuzzy shoot's scum!RR, it doesn't matter who RR shoots, RR still loses. If Fuzzy shoots farside, RR has reason to not allow Fuzzy or grapes to be cleared. If Fuzzy shoots Almost50, then RR still has reason to NOT shoot, because while grapes would remain unclear, the scumpool would still remain in Fuzzy/grapes/RR...with seven alive, after Shiro was revived. A game which RR cannot win in. (Short of two scum paranoia. Which, mind you...is exactly the fucking thing you're pushing.)
There is no way Varsoon thought any of the gems would be lynched, UNLESS whoever received the miller role didn't claim it D1.
Yeah no.
The crystal gems sound an awful lot like a possible second scumteam. Their wincon doesn't flip upon their death. They are all apparently confirmed to each other alignment-wise. They are given abilities which are focused on survival for the most part. They even have a nightkill of sorts. And given that the crystal gems were so secretive and distrustful, something that would not at all be hard to anticipate in setup design, it would be RIDICULOUSLY easy for at least one of them to get lynched...
especially
if the gems thought it was possible for someone among their ranks to be scum. Apparently, they know each other to be town, but this is not universal; we know from Yume that Yume wasn't absolutely sure all the gems were town. Now! Maybe that was a misunderstanding on Yume's part. But the fact that Yume HAD that belief, even if it was a misunderstanding, implies intentional ambiguity on Varsoon's end in regards to the crystal gems. Which means, they could have potentially supported lynching of one another.

There are dozens of reasons for why the crystal gems, as a third party, were super fucking vulnerable. They absolutely are comparable to the Undead Risen Slaves,
especially
given their apparent wincon requires them to keep someone from the Earth alive, meaning that they can't rely solely on their alleged masonry in order to win. They MUST scumhunt. They MUST correctly identify a town player and keep said town player alive the whole game. It could be any town player, but they must keep at least one town alive. That itself is a weakness in them.

The gems have a RIDICULOUS number of counterbalances to them built in. Among them, the MANY scum killing powers. MULTIPLE scum strongmen. (Given correct conditions, at least.) Slice of Life being an automatic scum strongman. The cluster killing power being likely to take out a gem. Historical Friction potentially serving as a mass-rolecop that could expose the gems. Whatever the fuck the power was which instantly killed Yume. The scum's power which allowed them to stop votes which didn't come from alliances. (A power which could potentially COST THE TOWN AN ENTIRE DAY, and almost did!) That same power giving the scum an extra kill if a scum lynch was possible. (At the slight cost of commuting the scumteam if they lynch town...which isn't really much of a cost, because the scumteam becoming untargetable prevents them from being exposed.) The scum have had countless methods of manipulating the gamestate to punish the gems in various different ways.

And furthermore! The scum have possessed MULTIPLE powers that have "confirmed" them as town. Skybird's "Sworn to the Sword" event ONCE AGAIN giving scum access to the Steven Universe player. (This, incidentally, ties into the above: since scum knew who Steven Universe was from D1, they would BY DEFAULT know AT LEAST one of the crystal gems, if not all if the player who is Steven Universe decided to trust "Connie" enough to out the other gems. Which remains a 50/50 possibility! We still don't know if Yume told Skybird or not.)

Shadow_step's ability was a pretty effective one, as it pseudocleared Shadow_step for days.
Scum's events have, as Varsoon has stated, been tied to town flavors and been immensely pro-town in nature.

The scum have had every possible counter they've needed for the town's strength. The crystal gems are a faction which have a few strengths, but many weaknesses. And furthermore! Of the three players who were confirmable as town, one RELIES ON A THIRD PARTY to be considered town (that would be me), a second is ONLY CONFIRMED TOWN IN 3P LYLO (a scenario incredibly unlikely to ever be reached), and only the third had a power which was absolute (but was on a delayed timer--Titus could have been mislynched during any day, because her power was a Climax power and also a low priority at the start). That gives scum plenty of wiggle room to mislynch said conftown.

Sure. Maybe given this playerlist, and these conditions, the crystal gems were never getting lynched. Sure. Given this playerlist, and these conditions, I wouldn't get lynched. But we have the game itself to prove how conftownable players (in this case, kraskaesque) can get lynched. The numbers absolutely make sense.

You have five explicitly third-party players, one of which who could play as a survivor (and therefore favor scum). You have a soft sixth third party, who if playing to the third party wincon rather than the town wincon will be removed from the game victorious, and thus not care about town or scum. (And therefore by default...favors scum.) That leaves 19 players remaining. We know that there must be at least five groupscum. We also know there is one traitor who is aligned with the groupscum. That leaves a ration--AT BEST--of 13:6.

And you're suggesting that it's 12:7?
Or even, 12:4:7? (Including the crystal gems who are explicitly crystal gems.)

FUCK no, that's not balanced in any realm.

Yeah, if the two third parties who could favor scum (Xkfyu, farside) decided to play town (as both did), the town gains an edge: an extra crystal gem (still third party, mind you), and an extra town player.
But Varsoon explicitly gave those players a third party wincon possibility. And balance, therefore, DEMANDS. DICTATES. That the game must balance in accordance with the assumption they could favor their third party wincons which can in fact favor scum. (Survivor-->goes for the quickest win. Farside-->gets removed from the game as fast as possible, pulling anti-town stunts to get the needed number of points, and upon her removal, is automatically one less person alive and therefore one step closer to a scum win.)

You are treating the third parties as being treated explicitly as town.
But while in practice they may have played out that way, in theory, in GAME DESIGN, they weren't. They're ambiguous-at-best.

And all of this.

Every fucking single word you have written.

Continues to be a dodge of the damn point I am making.
You still. aren't. scumhunting. You still. aren't. gamebreaking. You STILL. aren't. laying out clear paths (PLURAL) to victory, which take into account the powers we have in play. You still aren't talking about how to best utilize every tool at our disposal.

Instead, you continue to focus on defending yourself.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11943 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 11939, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Night 6-??????
Night 8-?????
Night six, scum shot at farside. We have her confirmation from this.
She gained a point from someone targeting her, and nobody claimed to have targeted her. Ergo, she was targeted by scum.
From her flip, we know that her claim of her ascetic actually being fully immune to the scum's NK wasn't a lie, so she told the truth: she was immune to the scum's nightkill. Meaning, scum killed her N6, and she didn't die.

Now given that the scum killed her N6 and she didn't die, who do you think had the motive to remove farside from the game by any and every possible method?

Hmm?
Hmm?

...Yeah, exactly.

It's no coincidence that Reasonably Rational started pressing farside after that night.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11944 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I'd like to point to and onward from Reasonably Rational.
For a start, it was there that RR explicitly protected Shadow_step from Fuzzy's vig.
It was also where RR began to try and remove farside from the game, via farside's alternative wincon. shows some more of it.
I'd also like to point to , where Reasonably Rational explicitly says "not trying to lynch or vig you", and that "removing you from the game is effectively a mislynch". We get posts where RR tries to force farside out of the game...but then we get shit like , where suddenly, Reasonably Rational is afraid that farside's wincon is mutually exclusive to all others. The next day, continues to posit that farside is malevolent third party, in spite of RR having advocated plans to remove farside via her third party wincon the day before and having acknowledged that removing farside via this third party wincon even IF it isn't malevolent was effectively a free scum mislynch. Posts during that day also include things such as "lynch farside, have Fuzzy vig Shadow" ( among others), which would have given the scum any number of potential outs, including having Almost50's tracking ability be made absolutely worthless thanks to two scum being alive.

is another post which shows RR treating farside as a malevolent third party. In spite of having tried to get farside to obtain her wincon earlier. In , and I QUOTE EXPLICITLY:
Reasonably Rational wrote:It's not a matter of her throwing in with scum for vote power, it's a matter of her potentially just winning.
From the mouth of RR themselves. It doesn't get any more unambiguous than this. "It's not a matter of her throwing in with scum for vote power". NOT. "It's a matter of her potentially just winning". ( is another fine one.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11945 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by mastin2 »

I'd also like to point something out, and this is what I actually logged in to say.
Take a look at D1.
Skybird was explicitly okay with the SirCakez lynch. She said, "I might vote there". She didn't, but she offered, and made no resistance. (I can provide the quotes if you doubt me, but really, this shouldn't be something you've forgotten.)
TheWayItEnds actually raised points for WHY SirCakez was scum. He apparently had a "refusing to vote" policy for the whole game, but he did everything short of voting. SirCakez was basically the only scumspect he pushed D1. So, he implicitly bussed even if he didn't explicitly bus via his vote. (Iso him. It's not a long iso. Basically the whole thing is either contentless fluff, or pushing SirCakez.) He therefore made no resistance to the SirCakez wagon--quite the contrary, he encouraged it.

The third flipped scum we have, Foxbird, didn't mention SirCakez at all, but Foxbird wasn't really mentioning much of anyone, and also made no real effort to resist the wagon. She never voted. The closest to a mention of SirCakez in her iso is quoting Almost50's readslist (where SirCakez was nulltown), and questioning Xkfyu's placement thereof, and later the placement of herself/Skybird.

Now let's compare to the living players.
grapes was one of the strongest pushers of SirCakez being scum. In fact, the most points about SirCakez being scum originated from grapes at key times. And critically, grapes was suspicious of other players...yet instead of pursuing those other players (most of which were town), grapes ended up pursuing SirCakez. If grapes is scum, this was a bus.
Shiro voted SirCakez as well. says it's sheeping the wagon. contained the vote, further supported his death, a followthrough from . Now granted, that's about it for Shiro in regards to SirCakez. However, the fact remains, if Shiro is scum, this was in fact a bus.
While Fuzzy's slot didn't vote SirCakez, Seraphim pushed SirCakez as being scum. is the post in particular. You do get him voting SirCakez's counterwagon, McMenno, so if scum he didn't bus. But he clearly was at least in support of SirCakez's death.
Reasonably Rational made a case against SirCakez. Now, I find that this case was superfluous. It wasn't needed. It wasn't necessary. It was excessive. It was something which blatantly looks like it was done to look good. But regardless. The fact remains that Reasonably Rational did, indeed, vote for SirCakez. (Twice.) Meaning, if RR is indeed scum...they were in fact bussing.

So the point I am trying to get across here is...
There was basically no counterwagon to SirCakez. All the flipped scum made no effort whatsoever to save SirCakez. In fact, two of the three non-SirCakez scum (DGB had no way of knowing the scumteam at this point and thus doesn't count) were explicitly in FAVOR of SirCakez's death, even though they did not in fact bus via their votes.
What that means is...basically, the scum didn't defend SirCakez. At all. In any way, shape, nor form. The scumteam let SirCakez die.

The one. And ONLY way. This would be false. Is if Almost50 were scum...yet by virtue of this trend, I find it pretty damn overwhelmingly likely that Almost50, if scum, would not have so strongly defended SirCakez. The rest of the scumteam sure wasn't! They were allowing SirCakez to die. They were encouraging SirCakez's death. So while this may seem like it's an unusual conclusion, what I get from Day One is that Almost50's defense of scum is ironically proof that he cannot himself be scum. Because the entire scumteam knew SirCakez was going down. The entire scumteam allowed him to die. The entire scumteam made no effort to resist his death whatsoever.

Ergo, Almost50 is town because he DID.

Now! Granted. This makes no comment on the four who DID have either implicit or explicit bussing of SirCakez. grapes, Shiro, Fuzzy/Seraphim, and RR all have reasons why they COULD be the scum who bussed. For that, all you can really do is read HOW it was done, and draw conclusions from it.
Looking at grapes's "bus", I don't see that as ever coming from a scumbuddy. Not with how it was done.
Looking at Shiro's "bus", I see the sheep vote as
theoretically
possible from scum, but
incredibly
unlikely. Scum who admit they are sheeping when they bus a scumbuddy? Not exactly something which'll earn them a ton of towncred. It's basically them ADMITTING their vote is worthless. There's nothing to be gained from it as well.
...Also, Shiro being scum requires two scum alive and FUCK that.

So really. For me it comes down to a simple choice: was Seraphim's distancing-without-bussing the scum...
...Or was RR's awkward-overjustification the bus?

From the actions themselves, I'll admit there's no way to tell. I go back and forth on Seraphim, from "that fits the pattern for scum" to "no fucking way is that EVER gonna be the scum". (Meaning I can't lock down an answer one way or another from just that posting.) On RR, it's more like "eh, it's POSSIBLE that's town?" and "Yeah that's just scum". Which I do go back and forth between.

So from there, it involves judging the slots as a whole from their actions elsewhere in the game.
And from there, weeeeeeeeeeeelllll......
My academy.
Agnigi
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11946 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Mastin needs to get a job as a novelist.

Mastin
I think that Far got point from any actions that targeted her..so its possible she was targeted by a non kill action.Far claimed she was targeted a few post later Creature said Far was shot..a few post later Almost said the same thing, While it is possible Far was shot at it also possible that it was something other than a scum kill or being shot at. I think we should keep our minds open and not presume anything. Is there a reason it was a scum shot pther than no one claimed,,,,,, I can think of severe reason town might not claim.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11947 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:41 pm

TBF it is also possible that she was targeted by scum......again there no strong evidence that points either way IMHO
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #11948 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #11949 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Varsoon »

Last edited by Varsoon on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”