Overwatch

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

For what platform(s) are you getting/do you own the game?

Xbox One
8%
PS4
13%
PC
80%

Total votes: 79

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Accountant »

I just started playing, recently hit level 60. Would love to hit any of you up for a game.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

me n u accountant me n u
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

add me. I play on america server

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by PokerFace »

My adventures in ranked since my last post have given me interesting results. I got ranked in middle of those I grouped with during placements. I am still yet to lose a solo queue game. And if you take avg points I have earned from wins in solo and compare it to avg points I have gotten from group wins, the solo wins have a higher avg by quite a bit.

I don't feel my friends are losing me games nor do I feel they make me play bad, but the points I'm getting tell a different story, so the system feels bad
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 752, Accountant wrote:add me. I play on america server
You need to give your battle net tag for us to do that. I could assume your name is accountant but what are the # numbers after it? Also whats your tag psyche?
Last edited by PokerFace on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by vonflare »

I'm blasting thru solo queue with zenyatta.

If you main a support its pretty easy to climb, at least in plat.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Accountant »

Hierophant#1942

I am desperate for people to play with so I have assuredly at least one person on my team who I know can shoot somewhat straight and will communicate

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:42 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 756, Accountant wrote:shoot somewhat straight and will communicate
hey that rhymes
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

Accountant wrote:Hierophant#1942

I am desperate for people to play with so I have assuredly at least one person on my team who I know can shoot somewhat straight and will communicate
Added you last night as friend. My tag is nojkoor1584#1461. May need a skittle to add yours and mine and others to first post since IH has disappeared

I will communicate more often than shoot straight
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:36 am

Post by Accountant »

Thanks for the games, vonflare! I really like Oasis(even if we lost :P)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Psyche »

they should at least let sombra stealth past turrets damn
youtube playlist extracter | donbot | game scraper | vca | setupsim | strategist | llm
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

You can stealth past torb turrets but not symetra turrets. It should be both yes or both no. One turret should not beat the other in this situation. I personally think both no is the way to go otherwise the cloak feels weak
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:25 am

Post by Psyche »

i want her to deal a little more damage and be able to stealth past turrets
or at least one of these
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:36 am

Post by vonflare »

symmetra just feels really annoying in the build. I think they went overboard on buffing her range.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

The following post will updated multiple times with changes I want to see to this game

-Fix Roadhog's hook (Blizard is getting a PTR change ready)

-Lower Dva health. 100 armor is like 200hp so she is practically 1000hp (PTR now has 400hp 200armor which is practically 800hp)

-Mei's ult should freeze LOS "line of sight" for her robot. Behind walls or flying above the robot as Pharah should not freeze you

-Junkrat should be able to see his health and his tire health at same time. Keep his personal health on the left while his tire health is on the right. Tire is ammo after all

-Mercy boost do 40% not 30% or 50%. Give her a double jump. Maybe give her an AOE "area of effect" heal ability as her E. Second ult where you only res yourself

-Zen's discord do 40% not 30% or 50% get back in meta and weaken tank meta

-Sombra's health pack hack last 30 seconds not 1 minute. Her gun burst fire's instead of rapid fires. Should result in less spread and better damage. Or just buff her damage and keep the spread. Sombra's ult should not require LOS. Its and emp after all

-Symetra change her again pls. They made her too good at what she already did well as apposed to making her truly versatile. She was UP and Niche now she is OP and still Niche. Change her this way
Photon Barrier is a tank ability on a Support Character. I'd rather Symetra right click projectiles were bigger and she had no E. If those projectiles were bigger, you could use it to run behind much like the photon barrier, but as this would be a weapon and not a barrier it would serve as a better way to increase her range without making her deal too much damage. Symetras left click should have stayed the same. Give the real photon barrier to a new tank character

The buffs they added to Sym's turrets stay the same. I like them a lot. But I would allow Sombra to hack Sym's turrets because Sombra currently can't. Sombra can only hack Torb's turrets. Hacking and Emping torb's turrets but not sym's turrets, makes no sense

Symetra still has two ults with the health and shield changes they made for them but with one important change. Shield Gen currently has infinite uses until its destroyed. While Teleporter has 6 uses. How are they equal abilities? They are not, Shield Gen is better 75% of the time. Sending in one player or a team of players at the Shield Gen is the equivalent of suicide at the moment. Don't make that a requirement. Place a timer on it or invent some other mechanic that controls how long the shield generator is usable. No ult should be everlasting. After all Lucio's shield boost ult lasts a very short time

Currently when a point is capped the teleporter or shield generator returns to symetra at full strength regardless of how many times it was used. Have her get 50% charge not 100%. OR have the % she gets be dependent on how many times the tele was used or how long the generator was used of its max.
Last edited by PokerFace on Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:19 am, edited 11 times in total.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:51 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 764, PokerFace wrote: Tire health should be hirer, its easy to do 100 damage to it. Make it 150pls
if you are having your tire destroyed often, you are using it wrong. It should definitely have 100hp, if it had more it would be almost impossible to take down. This is coming from a junkrat main. If it had 150hp, so many things would leave it at very low hp instead of destrying it (junkrat shift being the most promiment example)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

I thought junkrats shift did more than that. If it doesn't than i guess keep it 100 or make it 120

I stopped maining junkrat a long time ago. That complaint is from a friend

Also apparently hirer is a word? Spell check should have caught that. It catches teleporter when that actually is a word. Post updated
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by vonflare »

dropped down into gold today, got a bunch of games in a row with absolute trash teammates picking bastion or widow or something and then tilted the rest of the way. feels bad.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 766, PokerFace wrote:I thought junkrats shift did more than that. If it doesn't than i guess keep it 100 or make it 120

I stopped maining junkrat a long time ago. That complaint is from a friend

Also apparently hirer is a word? Spell check should have caught that. It catches teleporter when that actually is a word. Post updated
Junkrat's tire should not be taking any damage at all

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Psyche »

once i realized sombra's ult stops turrets i stopped whining so much about her weaknesses

also, i like her spray! we don't want a game where everyone shoots the same do we?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Zoraster made me mod of thread. I updated the first port with some of the more recent gamer tags given. If I missed someone let me know and I will add them to the OP
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:01 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Gratz Poker. :)

Clumsyninja#1810
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

Amusing thought just came to me. What if Mercy had two ults?

Ult 1. Resurrect the team as she does now

Ult 2. Resurrect only mercy

You keeping your team alive, but them not keeping you alive? Need someone on the point right now? Would this be fair way of getting her back into the meta? I have not seen her used in tournament streams for a long time so thinking of ways to help her get in there more than what I had in my other recent post
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:55 am

Post by Clumsy »

I've seen that suggestion before, it seems very interesting. The only thing I see going wrong with it is if your team isn't protecting you, you'll probably just die within 2 seconds of self resurrect to whatever killed you last time because of how vulnerable Mercy is. Could be helped with a longer invulnerability timer maybe. I would think it would be a fair trade for a solo res on yourself.

I'd love to see changes like this and the wing flap on PTR to actually see how they would pan out.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

7 wins 2 losses 18 losses this season wahey
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget

Return to “The Arcade”