[SETUP]Chain Reaction

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

[SETUP]Chain Reaction

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by Realeo »

Normally, I would just run my computer simulation.

However, I am lazy. New Year Laziness. Please tell me if this setup doesn't (or surprisingly!) work

Chain Reaction
9 VT turned Kingmaker on lynch

2 Mafia Goons

1 Vengenful Mafia turned Kingmaker on lynch

It is a nightless Mafia. Daytalk is open from first quarter of dayphase until third quarter of day phase. In a dayphase with IRL 12 days deadline, the Daytalk is open when there is 9 ~ 3 Days remaining in Deadline. If the mod needs to look for replacement, the clock is stopped.

This game employs Accelerated Start and Plurality lynch.

If a Mafia Goon is lynched, game goes to next dayphase.

However, if a VT is lynched, the game thread is locked. The VT, before dies, must lynch another player kingmaker style. By Kingmaker style, I mean that the lynched VT is the only one that can vote and his vote decides who is lynched after him.

If a VT is lynched and lynch another VT, the newly lynched VT now must lynch another player. This VT chain reaction lynch continues until a VT lynch a mafia or Town loses.

However, if Vengeful is lynched by normal voting or chain reaction, the Vengeful would lynch another town before dead and since lynching VT by rule causes chain reaction, it would resume the chain reaction.

Town winning objective is to lynch all mafia member.
Mafia winning objective is to have the number of not lynched mafia equal to the number of not lynched VT

EV speaking, that's 50%. One of the weakness of nightless is that you cannot lynch the obvtown. This is compensated by Vengenful.
Last edited by Realeo on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by Realeo »

Y?
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Realeo »

I understand the argument.. I may as well need to make computer simulation.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 5, Gamma Emerald wrote:Computer sims won't help. My issue is with people being blithering idiots.
Computer tells us the normal people.

So the actual rate is higher because people being blithering idiots.

At least we have educated guess.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 0, Realeo wrote:Normally, I would just run my computer simulation.

However, I am lazy. New Year Laziness. Please tell me if this setup doesn't (or surprisingly!) work

Chain Reaction
9 VT turned Kingmaker on lynch

3 Mafia Goons

It is a nightless Mafia. Daytalk is open from first quarter of dayphase until third quarter of day phase. In a dayphase with IRL 12 days deadline, the Daytalk is open when there is 9 ~ 3 Days remaining in Deadline.

This game employs Accelerated Start.

If a Mafia Goon is lynched, game goes to next dayphase.

However, if a VT is lynched, the game thread is locked. The VT, before dies, must lynch another player kingmaker style. By Kingmaker style, I mean that the lynched VT is the only one that can vote and his vote decides who is lynched after him.

If a VT is lynched and lynch another VT, the newly lynched VT now must lynch another player. This VT chain reaction lynch continues until a VT lynch a mafia or Town loses.

EV speaking, that's 50%. One of the weakness of nightless is that you cannot lynch the obvtown. This is compensated by punishing bad play of town. Town can rack up early town loss or lynch a obvtown in the VT chain reaction.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:20 am

Post by Realeo »

How does it balances at 7 town 4 scums, if I may ask? 7 town and 4 scums is essentially 6 towns and 4 scums and 1 game solver which is around 20% EV?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:49 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 11, callforjudgement wrote:Games where scum have little or no control over who dies seem in practice to be balanced at stupidly low EVs, for whatever reason.
Isn't the reason is because of scum cannot kill obv town?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Realeo »

Do you think it would be solved better with my idea of Chain Reaction?

Maybe I have to turn one into Vengenful.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by Realeo »

My mind is that by locking the thread, the scum can strategically zone out bad player to make another bad lynch due to the chain reaction.

And yeah, that large dance somehow always come to the final 2 pairs. Somehow.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Post by Realeo »

I modify a Goon into Vengeful.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:47 pm

Post by Realeo »

What should the game mod do if A is lynched and site flaked before lynching.

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”