Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:39 am

Post by -Grey- »

Just kidding.

Not really.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Wraith »

This will mostly be stream-of-consciousness, except for the following.

The first big thing I'm noticing now is Alisae's #59:
In post 59, Alisae wrote:
In post 58, Creature wrote:Looks like scum theater.
Nah, I doubt this. I'm TRing Pine for that fake dayvig (assuming it is fake).
Firstly, I think it's garbage to TR someone for an extremely early and obviously fake Dayvig. Secondly and more importantly, are Dayvigs even considered a Normal role? The wiki says a Vigilante is considered normal if their kill flavor is distinguishable from the scum's, but does that mean a Dayvig is considered Normal? I'm skeptical, the Dayvig role is extremely powerful for a normal IMO even if it was just one shot, which almost certainly wouldn't be wasted by the player who has it within the first dozen or so posts. So this comes off to me as a really fake way of expressing a townread.

The second and even bigger thing with Alisae is her sudden 180 on me from townread to scumread, which I mentioned at the time rubbed me the wrong way big time. She townreads me for a really vague and weak reason in #206 and #215.
In post 206, Alisae wrote:
In post 202, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 200, Alisae wrote:Should I give reads now?
Why are you asking for permission? Just do it if that's your thing.
Am I not allowed to ask if people care about my stance on the game?

Pine and Gin are my stronger townreads.
Uzi is probably town
Zach gun to my head town
Wraith townlean
Ircher townlean
Debi Null
Dunn scumlean
Creature Scum
Kyouko Scum

Anyone else null
In post 215, Alisae wrote:Ircher is just asking for people's stances and honestly right now I feel like he's playing his town game. He wants to understand where people are coming from.
Dunn I don't like he said Debi was one of his strong town right away. Seemed like he was trying to buddy Debi.
Wraith is currently gut. He's probably also one of my "gun to my head town" reads.
She never really elaborates on what "gun to my head town" means. Then she turns around and votes me in #239.
In post 239, Alisae wrote:
In post 237, EchoVision wrote:
In post 232, Alisae wrote:Echo are you saying it's not a slip in this case?
What's not a slip, what debi said about the 10:9 or whatever? Nah, that was just human error. Just her trying to prove her point. I've done the same kind of thing before. No scuminess behind it.
You got my vote then
VOTE: Wraith
But the thing is, I make no new posts between #206 and #239. She is convinced to change her vote to me (a wagon that gained momentum pretty quickly relatively speaking) for a reason that she had already seen and filed away as a reason to TR me instead. So a short exchange with Echo convinced her otherwise? I don't buy it.

This is what is making me more confident in joining the Alisae wagon than the RB wagon at the moment, since Alisae's slip is more play-related while RB's relies purely on setup speculation.

I'll continue my re-read and post a more stream-of-consciousness summary next.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Creature »

I think you towncased Alisae lol
Sigh
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:21 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

If Alisae counted right earlier she's L-1 currently, I think
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:22 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 1.04
rb (3)
, , ,
Alisae (5)
, , , , ,
TheRealGin-N-Tonic (2)
, ,
Pine (2)
, ,
Wraith (2)
, ,
Not Voting (5)
, , , , ,

Day one deadline is Sunday January 15, 4 PM PST. (expired on 2017-01-15 17:00:00)

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch!
[/size]
Last edited by mhsmith0 on Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Creature »

Okay we wait the VC
Sigh
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Wraith »

* Starting to share the opinion several others have already expressed that Creature immediately trying to peg the game as Singleball looks a little off. It took him until someone called him out on it and fifty or so posts to realize he was apparently mistaken?
* Alisae not reading the rules and voting Gin in #46/48 for mentioning scum daychat is another strike against him. It wouldn't look bad by itself but combined with the more egregious posts by him (JFC I keep writing "her" because of the username and avatar)...
* Ircher's RVS vote on drealmerz reminds me that dreal still has yet to post in this thread. Is he the only one left?
* I agree with Pine's #85 where Creature accusing "scum theater" (weak to begin with) and then unvoting Gin shortly after because a couple players called him out for it looks bad.
* I definitely misread Debi's #86 and gripped too hard to a fundamentally wrong conclusion. I thought she was legit setup-speculating but she was just proposing a really out-there hypothetical where Gin+Pine could feasibly end up scum together. It wasn't an accusation. My bad, my bad hard.
* Creature's logic in #103 seems sound for me which is why I gave him a pass for the Singleball speculation. Still...I dunno
* Now seeing my egregious mistake re: Debi I think Ircher fell into the same trap in his #106. Plus I've liked/understood the motivation for a lot of Ircher's posts since then. Ircher is one of my stronger townreads at the moment. He was right in that it was needless fluff though, I don't really know why Debi brought it up in the first place.
* Kyouko's #173 is a little odd. She says my vote on Debi is a "good vote" (I assume he's being sarcastic). But he completely ignores Ircher, who voted earlier than I did for an identical or almost identical reason. What?
* Gin comes off as a voice of reason a lot.
* Don't like Alisae's #225
* Echo is another of my stronger initial townreads. His #230 is part of that.
* As of the last five pages IIRC Debi never acknowledged my early attack on her, but did for Ircher. This strikes me as odd. This referring to her #242 in particular which reminded of this. Which in that post it's also odd that she is in fact assuming multiple scum factions. Gin points this out immediately after which is another reason on the pile to townread Gin.
* I've already said that RB's entrance to the game rubbed me the wrong way pretty strongly and I still don't like it. Him going after Gin doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me and looks bad, especially since this re-read has definitely reinforced my townlean on Gin.
* Though RB's #278 is good. More reason to prefer the Alisae wagon over him ATM.
* I have another strong initial townread for Grey. His early posts (#290-325 range) are what planted the seeds for that and he's been goodposting ever since.
* Which makes RB's sudden turn against Grey in #315 look mad suspect to me
* Alisae's scumread on Dunn in #363 is garbage. It was garbage to begin with, and it's even worse later on here.
* So I checked the front of the thread just in case and Kyouko is suddenly scummy to me. He horribly miscounts the Alisae wagon in the present somehow (#678) (where she claims Alisae is L-1 but is actually L-5), and I swear I remember her also doing this earlier in the thread. I'm right - #368 (less egregious, she says Alisae is L-2 but she is actually L-3). In fact, it those posts were her two most recent ones. What's going on here?
* As of #384 RB is seriously just throwing out accusations with zero explanation. It's not scumhunting at all but he seems convinced Gin is scum for no adequately-explained reason and then pegs people with guilt by association, also for no reason.
* I've already mentioned RB's possible slip from #309 which Grey points out in #395
* Gin's #397 even
more
reason to townread him
* Alisae STILL clings to the garbage Dunnstal scumread as of #409
* RB with the non-answer ad hominem to Grey's insight in #410
* Dunnstral returns in the #410-430 range. Would be nice if he elaborated on some of those reads.
* In #434 Alisae labels Debi VI without that much to go on and then draws scumreads based on that label. Inherently flawed logic leading to flawed conclusions which looks like fake scumhunting to me. This is the difference between players who get legit scumreads on me (Grey, Ircher, Echo) and players who don't, and is another big part of why I strongly scumread Alisae
* More goodposting from Gin in #442
* I still don't know what Alisae means by "'gun to my head' townreads"
* Alisae's #450 more bullshit reasons to townread someone. These are fake-ass reads.
* As of #455 Pine's reads line up with mine which is a good sign, but he hasn't posted/overtly scumhunted enough for me to be comfortable is townreading him yet as opposed to Grey, Ircher, Echo, or Gin
* The exchange between #457-474 looks even worse now than it did to me at the time. So Alisae's scumread on me in the first is odd and rather baseless as I pointed out in my last post. She's still clinging to it and claims that she's pushing for my lynch today (weak-ass effort). But based on one reply from Pine she's willing to 180 on her read on him and vote for him instead? And then jumps off and back onto me again after another single response from Pine? And then flip-flops yet again after Pine's shortest reply yet? This is bullshit. Her reads consistently come across to me as fake and her scumhunting/voting doesn't feel sincere at all.
* Interesting to note that in a vacuum I also expressed (joking) frustration at a bunch of pages appearing while absent in #481 but it apparently doesn't come across as a townslip to Alisae, in contrast to what makes her "townread" Echo in #450. I'll have to see how it develops later and come back to this. Human Sequencer does this same thing in #487. Another thing to keep an eye out for. EDIT: Nope, no reaction whatsoever to either. Alisae's reads are FAKE AS FUCK
* RB #491 apparently unwilling to read posts longer than a few lines. How is this pro-town behavior? I mean, he could be joking but come on
* Now that I'm much more confident in my Alisae scumread Creature's labeling Alisae lynchbait and (successfully) trying to derail that wagon looks pretty bad. Yet at the same time it would be extremely risky for him to put his neck out for a buddy so blatantly so I'm conflicted here.
* HS comes out swinging pages 20-21 which is a good sign
* RB being a stopped clock in #552/553
* Creature's #565 is
really
strange. Is he softclaiming a backup role that's not self-aware? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a Normal setup.
* Ircher clearly has a hard scumread on me and won't let go. I honestly don't blame him but don't let yourself get tunnel vision dude. That said his activity page 23 onward is largely goodposting
* Oh yeah GE and dreal both have yet to post in the thread. Any more?
* I generally get townish vibes from HS but he seems to look a lot at Grey for guidance. Which I guess is fine because right now he's my strongest townread
* I disagree strongly with Ircher's #598. If you "Policy Unlynch" all players you classify as "lynchbait" D1 then it gives incentive for scum to deliberately badpost.
* I think I'm comfortable giving light town vibes to Zach as of #504. Seems to be actually scumhunting and reading along in contrast to certain other players
* I don't think it's a coincidence that after Creature's pushing to not lynch players he deems lynchbait and Ircher's #598 echoing the same sentiment Alisae starts actively pushing the narrative that she's lynchbait. More points to HS for pointing that out first
* And after HS switches his vote it seems like Alisae stops bothering to fight and resorts to shitposting and mockingly echoing accusations other players have directed at her
* rb STILL clings to his baseless Gin scumread as of #663
* Even MORE goodposting from Grey #671
* I don't get what Creature is trying to say in #677 at all? How is my last post a "towncase" for Alisae? Why even say that if you're not going to bother elaborating? And yet I'm again torn because there is just no way Creature would stick his neck out blatantly yet again for a buddy at this point.

So so far

Townreads

Grey
Gin
Echo
Ircher

Soft Townreads

HS
Zach
Pine

Murky

Creature
Kyouko
Debi

Scumreads

Alisae
RB

Fucking finally caught up. Pretty damn confident in putting my vote here

Vote: Alisae

I'm pretty okay with a RB lynch too but definitely prefer this one.

Taking a long break.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Pine »

Falling behind. I have to go to my in-laws for the evening. I'll catch up with this game some time this evening when I get home.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:44 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

I like wraith a lot right now.

VOTE: Gamma
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 632, Creature wrote:
In post 627, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I've never completed a game with you but meta is not why I'm scum reading you. I'm scum reading you because I don't understand how you came to 23 when we haven't had a scum flip yet and the announcement of RVS being over felt like just another reason to have a justified vote at that stage. Your responses to Wraith's entrance in 33 and 34 pinged me as well as 37. I also like the following from Human and it sounds like it can be backed up if I did a meta dive on you.
23 - I wasn't 100% sure of that, but it seemed like a good push to make
33 and 34 - One of these snarky posts
37 - I've been getting nightkilled early more often

If you're not used to play with me, you'll usually find me weird.
I've heard that, which is why I wished Wraith had given some meta knowledge on you.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 651, Alisae wrote:Appeasement!
You learned a new word :P
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:51 am

Post by rb »

Lol the way people are reacting to Gin makes it obvious he is scum
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 683, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:I like wraith a lot right now.

VOTE: Gamma
Why is Gamma your top scum read currently? What are you trying to accomplish here voting an inactive slot?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Were you drunk posting earlier rb? :lol:
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:53 am

Post by rb »

In post 671, -Grey- wrote:
In post 662, rb wrote:
In post 599, Ircher wrote:
In post 553, rb wrote:Scummy is scummy
But scummy != scum.

Your point?
Oh ikay so we don't lynch scummy players in this game we lynch towny ones?

Yeah nice
False dichotomy.
So if you don(t lynch scummy players what are you gonna lynch?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Creature »

Wouldn't be surprised if both Gin and Pine turned out to be scum.
Sigh
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:54 am

Post by rb »

brcause there's only 2 alignments in mafia (3p is still scum from town perspective) and thats scum or town
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 686, rb wrote:Lol the way people are reacting to Gin makes it obvious he is scum

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 am

Post by rb »

my plan is coming together
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 am

Post by rb »

dont worry zach im gonna be town as fuk before end of day1 and solve gaem ezmode like last large normal we played <3<3
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Creature »

Yeah, I think rb should bleed harder.
Sigh
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:56 am

Post by rb »

Also that arthur fist is fucking hilarious
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Creature »

If he's town maybe we should take a deep look at who had Alisae, rb and me as top scumreads, like -Grey-.
Sigh
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:57 am

Post by rb »

In post 695, Creature wrote:Yeah, I think rb should bleed harder.
i have such a crush on u doood
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:57 am

Post by rb »

Also why is Grey defending Ircher

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”