Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:26 am

Post by Elmo »

/confirm
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:40 pm

Post by Elmo »

Flameaxe wrote:
Elmo
, he's always scum.
Jester wrote:Godfather
Yes.
Flameaxe wrote:Vote Elmo
Yes.
Tobiassen wrote:This is madness!
Yes.

Vote
:
Tobiassen

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Elmo »

UltimaAvalon wrote:
prodding Elmo
Yes.
pwayne66 wrote:Just because there are no power roles does not mean that townies will be more interested in this game.
Yes.
pwayne66 wrote:In reality, a lynch all lurkers approach to this game seems to provide scum with an exact blue print for making it to the end game.
No.
Jester wrote:Elmo, when you return to us, I've noticed a pattern in your play in previous games I've been in with you: some games, you totally ignore or post only one-liners, and other games, you over-post to absurd (and quite often hostile) lengths. Care to discuss?
Yes.
destructor wrote:It'd be grand if you could tell us what makes him suspicious.
Yes.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by Elmo »

Yes.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:38 am

Post by Elmo »

Unvote
:
Tobiassen
;
vote
:
Jester

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Elmo »

Jester wrote:I also don't care for how Lowell is playing the game. Ditto Elmo, who just isn't playing this game.
No.
Jester wrote:his baiting of ryan
No.
Jester wrote:Reasoning?
Yes.
pwayne66 wrote:
Vote: TylerJ
Yes.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Elmo »

*shrug*

I never thought destructor suggesting lynch all lurkers was a bad idea; I don't generally agree with it wholesale, but I can certainly see why someone would suggest it, especially in a mountainous. As far as I can see, that's what started the destructor wagon, and I don't/didn't like it. I rather disliked Jester's hop on the wagon in 82, so I voted him. I also didn't like TylerJ's vote, hence my agreement with pwayne66's vote in 121; Jesters' felt more like he was reaching for a thin reason to justify it rather than it being obvious he didn't have a good reason, which (modulo WIFOM) generally seems scummier to me.

I don't really know what DeathSauce is on about. His comment on page 2 could have been a joke, I guess; I have difficulty believing it's a scumtell. Can't, offhand, think of a good reason why he's supposed to be scum.

With respect to my wagon, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were scum on it, no.

pwayne66: I would've answered anything if it were posed to me, and I don't think I've provided zero content, although I suppose that leads to a debate about what constitutes content.

Beyond the above, ask away.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Elmo »

Ryan: You asked if I thought there were scum on my wagon, I said I wouldn't be surprised; I don't have much beyond what I said.

TylerJ: What are you doing that I'm not/wasn't, with respect to scumhunting?

DeathSauce: PWayne's 169 seemed a little overblown, but I'm unconvinced he's scum at the moment. How do you feel he's followed the crowd?

Lowell: I'm sorry, whining?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by Elmo »

Jester
: I haven't, as far as I'm aware, baited ryan. I don't think I'd actually mentioned him at the point you said that; I think you're mixing me up with JDodge. Why were you voting destructor when you believed he was pro-town?

TylerJ
: My problem is that you assert that I'm not scumhunting or providing information, when I don't see how you have, at the moment; you've point-blank refused to explain one of your votes, for example. So it seems slightly hypocritical, from my point of view.

I don't follow much of the conversation about Tyler's 'snare' in 129. Um. Jester/Tyler/someone, how would this catch scum?

Lowell
: Why did you post 183?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by Elmo »

Huh. Wasn't expecting that. Ummm.

Jester: I thought that rule meant that a given player needs four votes to be lynched when the deadline hits; rereading, it seems ambiguous, though.

Mod
: Clarification, please?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Elmo »

I think I have a clue what's going on, but I'll just say that I'd rather Jester stayed, for the moment. I don't think Jester is a serious lynch candidate, so I'll
unvote
:
Jester
;
vote
:
DeathSauce
for the moment. I think him and ryan are the only viable lynches at the moment, and I marginally prefer him, I think; I wouldn't be opposed to lynching Tyler, particularly, but I think it's unlikely to garner enough support in the remaining time.

DeathSauce needs to explain his pwayne vote, and in retrospect, his comment in 99. Um. It would be helpful if PEG would spell out his reasons for a DeathSauce lynch. I can't think of anything that ryan's done to make me want to lynch him; I assume JDodge's vote is pretty much personal, so I'd be interested in an explanation from Lowell and/or Skruffs.

We now have exactly 1 day, 10 hours and 23 minutes until deadline.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:54 pm

Post by Elmo »

TylerJ wrote:But destructor, I have my eyes on you, and it has nothing to do with OMGUS.
Right. Why?

destructor: How did you think Skruffs was scummy?

PEG: Lynch but not vote? I don't follow, why aren't you "in a voting mood"? Also, why destructor?

Lowell: You seem smart enough to understand burden of proof. ryan's being replaced, why him now?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Elmo »

pwayne: With respect to 1), what do you believe the odds of me being lynched at that point were? I don't understand 5), either; in fact, they've seemed somewhat similar in terms of style now and when I've played with them before. How'd you feel they are different, here?

Tyler: Why is it anti-town to eagerly point fingers on day 1? What makes you believe he is "anxious" to lynch someone as opposed to trying to get things started?

Skruffs: My impression of the NK WIFOM is that you started this ball rolling in 263. I don't like this at all; exactly why should pwayne die for his comments? Also, who do you feel are the most likely scum, based on defending ryan?

Gonna go with
vote
:
avinashv
for the moment, I think. Thanks for replacing in, by the way.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Elmo »

avinashv: At the point of 310, it was mostly a holdover, yeah. Could you give a specific example or two of where you feel pwayne has "rode the general sentiment"? Also, why do you feel Flameaxe is likely to be scum?

pwayne: Does point 1) not seem rather WIFOM to you?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Elmo »

Lazy mode atm.

Lowell: How is Flameaxe acting differently to when you saw him as town? Preferably with a reference to the game(s) in question? I've consistently failed to get anything out of either JDodge or Flameaxe when I've played with them, personally.

JDodge, Flameaxe, PEG, Lowell: Are you happy with the progress you feel we've made towards finding scum, so far?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:30 pm

Post by Elmo »

Lowell: Do you have a specific game I could read? Also, are you happy with the progress you feel we've made so far?

Still don't like the destructor wagon. PEG, Skruffs, what do you feel is the strongest reason to think he's scum? (I am still somewhat lazy, and still need to read his exchange with pwayne at this point.)

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Elmo »

Someone sit me down and explain to me why destructor's supposed to be scum in words of one syllable?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Elmo »

destructor: No, I don't. I haven't seen a good reason to believe you're scum, from anyone - more often than not, I understand people's positions even if I disagree with them, but I have literally no idea what this wagon's about.

Predictably, I still want to hear everyone's reasons for pushing destructor's lynch, now and previously.

PEG: What precisely prompted that?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #18) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Elmo »

Ugh, hate this game; I'll elaborate on why soon, hopefully.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #19) » Sun May 25, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Elmo »

:P

Note for posterity: I decided to do the yes/no thing before I got my role PM. <_<
Also, OMG, destructor! WTF! That wagon was
so bad
! :?
Umm, yea. Lurking of this sort is anti-town and furthermore makes thing suck, k? I was seriously getting annoyed, even as scum, simply because no-one wanted to actually have a conversation with me. It's always detrimental, but a big town can survive one or maybe two people doing that, but when like >half the game is lurking, it's like gone.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”