"Happy holidays" is bullshit Christian normativity.

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:42 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 6, Thestatusquo wrote:It's really funny! Look at that minority! Isn't he so cute with his anger! Next time someone a person of color tells you about how they are marginalized in society I hope you point and laugh at them and say ""Hey, you need to prove your income to buy this belt." "Fuck you!" yeah I can see you doing this about ten times a day.""

Or better yet, tell them they shouldn't care.

Atheists are literally the "least trusted group in America." I've not gotten promotions before because I didn't believe in god. As I said I used to get the crap beat out of me for my cultural judaism.

You're really going to tell me this stuff doesn't matter? Why do you think its still culturally acceptable?

No, seriously. Stop being a fuck hole for one second.
Just wanted to say the part about atheists being least trusted is completely false. I've personally worked for companies that promote atheists over anyone else. The business world promotes it. They cover it up by calling it "internal locus of control," which they teach you in uni is a favorable management trait. Of course, no Christians have an internal locus of control. All Christians have an external locus of control because they believe in an omnipotent higher power, who can and does influence the world in real-time. It really depends on the company, the management, etc. If a Christian is already in power, and they are a truly committed follower of the Bible, everyone is supposed to have equal chance at promotion. However, if an atheist is in power, they may be much less fair when it comes to promotions. Atheists prefer the company of other atheists, and look down on people who are religious. In fact, any atheist I've ever talked to has thought it funny to believe in religions. Basically calling anyone who is religious stupid, gullible, etc. The very common "they believe in religion because it makes them feel better -lol." If your boss is an atheist and you are religious, good luck to you. However if your boss is truly religious, and not just a Sunday fan, you should have equal chance as long as you are morally sound.
Last edited by eagerSnake on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:48 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Atheists also believe that if they are alone they can do things which are wrong, and never have any consequence. If they don't get caught, they're in the clear. However, religious people are convicted to do that which they know is right, whether someone is watching or not, due to the fact that their God is always watching.

Note this does not apply to all atheists and all religious people, as people are not as simple as black & white. Most religious people are fakes, and are more of a Sunday fan, and the rest of the week they forget about it. And some atheists feel conviction to do the right things all the time to justify not needing a religion.

If you are an atheist and are finding it difficult to get a promotion because of it, try not advertising the fact you are an atheist, and instead selling it as having an internal locus of control.

If you are religious and are having trouble because of atheist management promoting other atheists first, simply outsmart them and make them
assume
you are also atheist. Of course, be smart enough to do this without ever denouncing your own religion.

Final note, if you are not being promoted because you're atheist, you might as well blow the whistle. Whoever is the religious person who is discriminating against you is a fake, and you should go ahead and get whistle-blower status and report him. If, then, you are unable to prove it, and they decide to still not promote you, then look into finding a better company to work for.
Last edited by eagerSnake on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1534 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1531, Accountant wrote:
In post 1530, Psyche wrote:Also, I feel like your characterization of real and fake Christians is vulnerable to the No True Scotsman fallacy. In fact, your characterization of "true" Christians as essentially moral saints who lack bias and are always convicted to do right misrepresents a lot about Christian theology.
This is a good point but I think a more devoted Christian who truly cares about the Church's teachings would be more likely to be fair and equitable than someone who was just going to church on sundays and relying on a shallow understanding of the bible
Of course no one is perfect. My differentiation between real Christians and fans of Christ boils down to real ones, although they may not be moral saints, at least pick up their cross
daily
, say no to themselves and their earthly desires, and try to follow the path of their Lord. Not just on Sunday, but as much as they can every day, in such a way to mirror the morality of their God.

They will fall short, but it's the effort, determination, and commitment that marks the difference.

Otherwise, they are more like a Sunday football fans, who wear their team's colors and cheers for them on sunday, but the rest of the week isn't thinking about the team, or wearing the colors.

Re: keeping all religious conversations out of the workplace- I agree this is the way to go, although it may be unrealistic.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:47 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Re: Publix- That is disgusting. You don't want to work for a company that employs such shady tactics to avoid discrimination charges. If they are willing to hide the fact they are discriminating, what else are they hiding?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:22 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Any devout Christian who is well studied should have an external LoC. Their God is omnipotent and according to teachings, if you give Him your life and live for Him everyday, he will make sure things go according to His plan for you.

Christians (external LoC) = I didn't get that promotion / job because it wasn't a part of God's plan for me.

Atheists w/ internal LoC = I didn't get the promotion / job because I wasn't qualified/not the best.

Atheists w/ external LoC = I didn't get that promotion / job because the hiring manager was a fool / the other candidates lied/brown-nosed.

The closest a Christian should come to internal LoC is = I didn't get the job / promotion because, even though it was God's plan for me, I am not living right by Him and don't deserve it.

But even then, that is accepting an external LoC, and puts them in sort of a gray area, which I would lean toward being external because of the acknowledgement of a divine force possibly intervening.

I'd be really interested in seeing survey statistics on this.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

What does a nonreligious person have to fear if they don't get caught?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

I don't know where you're from but I'm from the US. Nobody has ethics.

Here it seems like people see it as if what they're doing is unethical it would be illegal. If it's legal, it's therefore ethical.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:51 am

Post by eagerSnake »

So, they only have to fear the obvious, their own conscience. Cool. That's not enough for me. I don't trust 99.99999% of them to care.

Now, I'd like to clarify that this doesn't only go for nonreligious people but religious as well. You seem to think I trust religious people to do the right thing. I don't trust 99.99999% of them, either. Maybe I have a dark view of the world? But from my experiences, people simply can't be trusted, regardless of religious afilliations.

It's a real shame, but I could barely name one person who doesn't lie when they think it benefits them, and even then I wouldnt bet my money on it. Lying is immoral, no matter how white the lie is, can we agree?

You seem to have these very bright views of the world; expecting people to do the right thing because they simply don't want to answer to themselves. I'd like to say this is unrealistic, but maybe you've just had much, much, much (x100) better luck than I have when it comes to the people you've encountered, or you're on a different planet entirely.

It's not nonreligious people I have the problem with, you get it wrong. It's people in general. It's just that I know religious people have a set of rules they must follow or they have to answer to God and themselves. So if I can determine a person to be truly religious and completely committed to that, I have (very little) more incentive to trust them over someone who only has to answer to themselves, and their own set of rules. One persons actions only go through a single-check, whereas the others is being double-checked. I wouldn't give neither my full trust though, as I don't know what is truly going through their head, or when they might go off the deep end and decide they don't care about themselves/the future and just drop all their morals like they're out of style. Maybe they're going through a rough patch of life and just simply can't see any other way out other than going against their moral compass, or maybe they justify it to themselves as self-preservation. Whatever. I don't trust 'em. Any of 'em. Religious or not. I don't care if it's the Pope, I don't trust him either. You simply never know when someone will decide it's to their overall benefit to commit these "sins."

For the record, committing murder should be unforgivable IMO.

I think I agree with shafted here. I don't like people.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:13 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1562, Accountant wrote:
In post 1560, eagerSnake wrote:But from my experiences, people simply can't be trusted
you think people can't be trusted not to commit murder? or?
People can't be trusted for anything.

Yeah, if I had a million USD in cash, I wouldn't trust anyone NOT to murder me for it. Of course I'm not going to walk around with that much money anyway.

But that's a hyperbole and on the very extreme end of the spectrum. I'm talking more about being lazy, lying, cheating, being lustful, stealing, discriminating, etc. You just can't trust people not to do these things. Religious or not.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:15 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1561, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 1560, eagerSnake wrote:So, they only have to fear the obvious, their own conscience. Cool. That's not enough for me. I don't trust 99.99999% of them to care.
welp our society is nearly 10% atheists. So far the heathens haven't risen up and killed everyone yet.
Obviously. What benefits is there to committing random murders? Likelihood of getting caught? Losses?
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:19 am

Post by eagerSnake »

No, that's crazy!
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:28 am

Post by eagerSnake »

No you just misread me from the beginning. Like I said in the first posts "Note this does not apply to all atheists and all religious people, as people are not as simple as black & white. Most religious people are fakes, and are more of a Sunday fan, and the rest of the week they forget about it. And some atheists feel conviction to do the right things all the time to justify not needing a religion."

I don't have to backtrack, I just have to explain more because people commonly misinterpret.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:33 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1570, Annadog40 wrote:
In post 1566, eagerSnake wrote:No, that's crazy!
So you trust people.
No. I dont. I don't have to trust someone to use their Internet or their house or their food.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Well if they poison me oh well I guess. As far as house goes they have insurance and Lawyers for stuff like that. As far add the Internet goes what's the worst they could do? Steal my ID and shit? Who cares
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:50 am

Post by eagerSnake »

"What's truly religious lol"

I'm not even going to grace that with a real response as I think I've explained this twice already.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:14 am

Post by eagerSnake »

If by cynicism you mean an inclination to believe that people are motivated purely by self-interest; you're right. That's very close to how I see it. "Religious" or not, I'd say most people are like that. (Quotes because those who are like that aren't really religious IMO)

I'd say that anyone who sees otherwise is either too optimistic and trusting, or they haven't had enough experience with enough people, or they simply have been much luckier when it comes to the people they've encountered than I have.

Pedit: By the way, what's the difference between Nonreligious, Atheist, and Agnostic. Seems like a useless difference like that between Baptist, Methodist, and Christian.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:40 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1578, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1577, eagerSnake wrote:Pedit: By the way, what's the difference between Nonreligious, Atheist, and Agnostic.
Agnostic are neutral in their view. They neither believe nor disbelieve in God.

Atheists actively disbelieve in the existence of God.

Nonreligious isn't even a word.
Really? I remember a survey where more people chose "nonreligious" than either atheist or agnostic. Lol.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:51 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Mind = blown.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:06 am

Post by eagerSnake »

If I had to pick one group of people to trust, it'd probably be Tibetan Monks. Even if I don't agree with them on some things, I think they're probably the best bet as far as trust goes. Plus they're harmless. If they don't agree with you, they light THEMSELVES on fire, not you.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1589 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:20 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Yeah it is. I can't exactly go through and interview every one of them and speak to each one individually.

Pedit: Although I wish I could. From what I've heard, they are extremely intelligent people. All that meditating I guess helps them control their brain waves so they can create more Gamma (I think?) waves than the rest of us, on demand.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1591 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:32 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Yeah I'm constantly interviewing those people- whether they realize it or not- and they're constantly failing.

And I just realized over 20 million people claim to be Tibetan Buddhist Monks so let me clarify that I'm talking about the sherpas that live up in the Himalayan Mountains in the monasteries
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:19 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Or maybe it's just a planet of the apes. "It's a madhouse! A madhouse!"

Return to “General Discussion”