"Happy holidays" is bullshit Christian normativity.

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1249 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Garmr »

tsq is pretty much a troll. No sane person would make that argument lol.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1251 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1250, Thestatusquo wrote:personal attacks are grand.

I believe you are a troll through. Getting offended over happy holidays is lol.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1264 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Garmr »

It's one thing to not celebrate it but it's another to get offended and shove it back in there face.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1270 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Garmr »

Also would like to point out you can't be religiously atheist since atheism is not a religion it's a lack of one.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1271, OlhaQueCoisaMaisLinda wrote:
In post 1270, Garmr wrote:Also would like to point out you can't be religiously atheist since atheism is not a religion it's a lack of one.

Who said u can be?

In the opening post tsq say that he/she is religiously atheist. It reinforces the fact that tsq is probably a troll.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1273, Who wrote:Atheism is not a lack of a religion it's a lack of a belief in a god. Budhism is an atheistic religion.

See I can out-pedant you.

Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a religion. While there are some religions that are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for example), that does not mean that atheism is a religion.

copy and pasted from google

Double outpendent
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Garmr »

But it was pointed out that atheism is not a religion either. My original sentence was atheism is not a religion it's a lack of one which holds true to my point. I wasn't saying the definition of atheism is a lack of religion. Just you can't be a atheist with one thus your point doesn't conflict with my original point.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1279 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1278, Kublai Khan wrote:Atheism is a categorization of religious belief.

Can the matter drop now?

It's the lack of belief and it can't really be categorized since it has no structure. But the matter can be dropped.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1281 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1280, Psyche wrote:who knew this thread could get dumber

Probably around this point.

In post 1219, Psyche wrote:oh if only minorities would be more laid back about problematic language
what a utopia that would be!
for non-minorities
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1400 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Garmr »

My religions holiday is the best. Afroium god of knowledge also known as the god with many mouths so he can smoke his many joints at once. Sends down his son Puffit on dec 25 to spread wisdom around the land. Puffit rides on his giant bong and blows smoke in the faces of those sleeping so they can reach enlightenment.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1425 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Garmr »

So is this supposed to be a serious thread?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1453 (isolation #11) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by Garmr »

It doesn't matter in the end really.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Garmr »

Damn Jesus you be stealing all your stories.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1474 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1471, DeathNote wrote:I think there is a majority that dislikes the idea of religion and especially Christianity or Jesus, but I don't think it's as vast as you say. You guys are just more vocal about it then ones that disagree.

It's actually something that bothers me but not because you are arguing against Christianity or offending me, mostly because I wish I was a better debater and conveyor of words to defend my faith. Christians are the ones that are usually known for evangelizing, not anti-theist lol.

Oops on me
I do think the world would be better off with out religion. But you do have a point a lot of the people on this forum get offended at the stupidest things. I would argue that in the real world a majority of people don't care what other people want to believe in as long as it doesn't impose on my beliefs or hurts others.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1489 (isolation #14) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Garmr »

Mery christmas all and all a good night.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1509 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1508, Accountant wrote:
In post 1505, T S O wrote:He's not lying, he's just playing psychological tricks with himself.
Do you have any evidence to support this claim? Generally when someone makes a claim about their personal life we believe it, as long as the claim is not outrageous. It's not outrageous to believe that a Jewish kid could be beaten up for being a Jew, so I believe him. What makes you think he's playing psychological tricks?
It's also possible that he was beaten because the other kids just didn't like him (Personality wise) and the other kids used words like jew just to hurt him because they knew it would.

An good example would be this.
When I was a kid there was another kid who was a social outcast. At the time I didn't know why people would tease him about his ugly looks calling him fish face. So I was generally nice to him. Big mistake he turned out to be a total wanker. He shifted the blame on me and my best friend at the time for something we didn't do and then he started pulling chairs out from under people before they could sit down and after a couple of weeks of this sort of shit he started talking shit about my epilepsy. So after the epilepsy thing I waited till lunch then I beat the shit out him, while he was crying I tell him "if you ever come near me again I will beat the shit out of your ugly fish face." I Then realized why people gave him shit it wasn't because he was ugly it was because he was a wanker even to people that were nice to him. Now I realize he probably a wanker because of his shit homelife but back then I didn't.

Then some kids (not me) took it a step to far when they learned his dad committed suicide around the time of his birth and started to say his dad killed himself because of him. That was a little to far. But on the other side there was another one of my friends in the same circumstance (where the dad committed suicide around hsi birth) which everyone knew of and he was never bullied because of it because he wasn't a tool like this kid.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1511 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1510, Psyche wrote:ok and why did he talk shit about your epilepsy
He probably wanted to vent his frustrations out in the only way he knew how and I just started having seizures so the timing was there.

(Edit he wasn't frustrated with me because I never talked with him after he started being a douche it was probably due to something at home or other kids.)
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1512, Shaziro wrote:You are assuming that he didn't think you were a dickhead and was, in turn a dick to you. Yet you refuse to assume the same for others.
Well I know I wasn't a dick to him because I didn't say anything dickish to him or tease him until he pushed me to far if he thought I was dick before that when I was actually being nice I don't give a fuck. The kid got a whole class in detention once because he told his grandma that the whole class was bullying him (even people who weren't) and I wasn't the only one he would do that shit to that didn't say anything to him or treat him kindly. Now you are assuming that I was dickhead before to him despite me saying otherwise and knowing the situation better than you do and you know what they say assuming makes an arse out of you and me.

But my point still stands that kids will say anything to hurt other kids and lets be honest if tsq acts in real life like he does here high school kids are going to beat the shit out him no matter his religion.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

All I'm saying is kids are dicks.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1517 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1516, Accountant wrote:Surely you don't mean to imply that you are saying that TSQ is wrong about the reasoning for being beaten up and the real reason why he was bullied was because he was a dick?
If he is telling other kids to say happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas and telling them how offensive it is like in this thread or doing something similar. His probably getting beaten up for being annoying.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Garmr »

Hey kublai How do you feel knowing I agree with you for once.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:31 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1540, eagerSnake wrote:Any devout Christian who is well studied should have an external LoC. Their God is omnipotent and according to teachings, if you give Him your life and live for Him everyday, he will make sure things go according to His plan for you.

Christians (external LoC) = I didn't get that promotion / job because it wasn't a part of God's plan for me.

Atheists w/ internal LoC = I didn't get the promotion / job because I wasn't qualified/not the best.

Atheists w/ external LoC = I didn't get that promotion / job because the hiring manager was a fool / the other candidates lied/brown-nosed.

The closest a Christian should come to internal LoC is = I didn't get the job / promotion because, even though it was God's plan for me, I am not living right by Him and don't deserve it.

But even then, that is accepting an external LoC, and puts them in sort of a gray area, which I would lean toward being external because of the acknowledgement of a divine force possibly intervening.

I'd be really interested in seeing survey statistics on this.
wow this sounds deluded here's another scenario for you.

Christians (external LoC) = Because they hate god,they must be sinners,the other candidates must be lying atheist,or they discriminated because i'm christian even through it wasn't brought up.

You seem to demonize atheist while making Christians out to be able to do no wrong. The dark ages make me think otherwise.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by Garmr »

@eagersnake
Religious people can justify murder as long there god justify it. I mean as long as your genuinely sorry for your sins the christian god will forgive you so why even worry.

See it goes both ways bud.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1547, eagerSnake wrote:What does a nonreligious person have to fear if they don't get caught?
What does a religious person have to fear if death isn't the end? If they think there god will have a place for them in heaven after a murderous act what stops them from doing it.

Kinda sucks having your own logic applied against you.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1552 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 1550, eagerSnake wrote:I don't know where you're from but I'm from the US. Nobody has ethics.

Here it seems like people see it as if what they're doing is unethical it would be illegal. If it's legal, it's therefore ethical.
Religions not going to help that either.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1560, eagerSnake wrote:
It's not nonreligious people I have the problem with, you get it wrong. It's people in general. It's just that I know religious people have a set of rules they must follow or they have to answer to God and themselves. So if I can determine a person to be truly religious and completely committed to that, I have (very little) more incentive to trust them over someone who only has to answer to themselves, and their own set of rules.
What's truly religious lol. In your bible I can find multiple verses that allow me to find a reason to kill someone. You just cherry pick them out.

You know after death there's nothing in a atheist eyes. So they have to make the best of life and you know what one can argue atheist have a higher appreciation of life because of that.

Also that says a lot of about religious people then. You could just say they fear god so they don't do bad things out fear instead of being moral people like atheist who do the right thing out of their own heart.

Also you maybe want to chew on this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jvchamary/2 ... fbf369670e
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 1593, Accountant wrote:
In post 1591, eagerSnake wrote:Yeah I'm constantly interviewing those people- whether they realize it or not- and they're constantly failing.
Maybe the issue is that you're surrounding yourself with horrible people?
Or maybe your definition of horrible is to broad and your generalizing some nice people out there?

Return to “General Discussion”